Storm

A Wolf's Meal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

|3rd person narration|

It was an abnormal night from the very beginning.

Grey clouds swirled with tension, awaiting the right moment to break the silent night sky with thunder and lightning. There was a bone-chilling humidity in the air, which promised both heavy rain and strong wind in the forecast. 

Kris was silent - even more silent than he usually is. With his long legs crossed and hands resting upon his kneecaps, all 11 members of EXO looked like they were about to have a panic attack from the intense eyes of their alpha leader.

 

"I want to quit."

 

Perhaps the boys were expecting a scolding, a lecture, or some sort of important speech from the father-like male; but he only uttered those four words. Loud enough for the boys to hear, but quiet enough so as to express his feelings of regret and apology.

"But why?" Baekhyun was the first to snap out of the shock, "we've been doing so well these past years! Why quit now?"

"Look, I understand that EXO isn't as popular as we used to be," Suho breaks out in cold sweat, "but our album sales are still among the top 3 in the country!"

"Hyung, you can't just leave us!" Chanyeol whines in his deep voice.

 

As the room's atmosphere is gradually ignited, the alpha male sits calmly in his chair, quietly taking in the loud and desperate voices calling out for him to stay. His expression remains stoic, but his entertwining fingers on his knees reveal how nervous he is truly feeling.

 

"I just..." his usually-authoritive voice softens to a near-whisper, "I just can't do this anymore."

"Why?" Baekhyun walks over to his side, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, "is this life too suffocating? Too exposed?"

"No, that's not the main thing," Kris sighs, "the reason why I need to leave you guys is because..."

"...Because?" Baekhyun urges him softly.

 

"...Because I miss her..."

 

As soon as he mumbles those shy words, the boys in the room immediately jump up from their seats, only to high five each other while shouting in delight.

Kris looks around at the wolf pack in alarm, "Wait what?..."

 

"Finally!" Suho laughs happily, "we've been waiting for you to admit it!"

"Admit what?" Kris remains clueless as he tilts his head in confusion.

"The fact that you love her!" Chanyeol's eyes twinkle and twitch due to his too-wide grin, "the fact that you can't live without her! The fact that you miss her so much, you're basically a walking corpse when she's not around!"

"Okay, now you're being cheesy," Baekhyun nudges him playfully, "but leader; congratulations, and we fully support you on your decision."

Kr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter