Boy on the Phone

A Wolf's Meal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►Haneul

Bright sunlight piercing my closed eyelids through the light green curtains cause me to awaken, despite the short and fitful sleep. Rubbing a hand across my eyes groggily, I stretch and haul my tired body up into sitting position. Disorientation gradually leaves my confused state of mind, as the events from yesterday come back to me, and my fingers twitch in a familiar, spastic movement.

Oh god, please don't start the hyperventilation again...

 

"Haneul! There's a boy on the phone for you!" my mother's voice yells out to me from downstairs, "he says his name is Kris Wu?"

My eyes open wide, all hints of drowsiness gone as I scramble out of bed to sprint into the dining room. "Give me the phone!" I manage to gasp, lunging for the receiver while my mother gives me a suspicious look.

"Isn't Kris Wu an idol from some group?" she quirks an eyebrow with interest, "...EVO or ESO?" 

"EXO," I mutter quickly, before placing the phone eagerly to my ear, "hello?! Kris-ssi?!"

A low, masculine chuckle sends pleasant shivers down my spine, as my mother retreats back into the kitchen to clean the dishes from breakfast. "Did you sleep well, Haneul-ssi?"

"Fine, thankyou," I blush in embarrassment at our conversation, despite the formal tone and small words being exchanged, "and yourself?"

"Could've been better..." his voice suddenly grows serious, "listen, I uh...need to talk to you about something really important, but I can't meet you outside of my hotel at the moment - do you think you could come over? I'll text you the address if you give me your phone number."

"Uh...sure," I tell him the numbers from memory, "but can you give me a little hint as to why I'll be going there? You know, just so I can be some what prepared for what's to come."

"...It...has something to do with your future," Kris hesistantly says, "because...I want you in my life - so I'm going to ask you if you're willing to make some changes to your life in order to stay near me."

 

Is he out of his mind? I think excitedly, at this point, he could ask me to travel to the moon with him and I would follow without hesitation! "I'm sure I will agree to whatever this is about - as long as the result involves you." Did I seriously just say that? Ugh, let me just die from embarrassment. I reach up to cup a burning cheek in my free hand while the other clutches the phone.

"Oh, and Haneul-ssi?" his tone of voice sounds almost amused. Almost. "Could you please maybe bring Minsoo-ssi with you?"

"I'll ask her first, and text you her answer later." I giggle as the sound of a certain spoilt brat whining and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter