Stranger's Voice

A Wolf's Meal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►Minsoo

With eyebrows furrowed in concentration, I quickly scribble a dynamic marking onto the manuscript, before clicking my fingers to get my partner's attention. "Haneul, let's start again from bar 63 - the bit before the chorus."

"Alright," she positions her fingers over the guitar strings, "Three, two, one..."

"I thought that from this heart ache I could escape,

But I fronted long enough to know

There ain't no way

And today-ay, I'm officially missing you."

Haneul's final chord echoes through the room, finishing the song with a final pluck of her guitar strings just as I lift my foot off of the piano pedal.

 

"Happy, princess?" Haneul grins at me, "seriously you're such a perfectionist when it comes to music."

"Well not everyone's like you, Haneul," I smile, "you have natural talent and a powerful vocal - but my voice is too soft and I sometimes lose the beat if you're not there with your guitar. That's why I need to work harder to make sure everything's spot on!"

"So then just sing duets with me forever!" she laughs, "you harmonise flawlessly with my voice, and my guitar helps to keep you focused on your piano part!"

"I would like to..." I hesitate, "but you're so much better than me; I don't want to hold you back from greater things."

"Pfft, what greater things?" she rolls her eyes disbelievingly, "Minsoo, we both know that if anyone is getting scouted on the streets from the two of us, it's definitely going to be you, alright? I mean come on, you're beautiful beyond words!" she teases me happily.

"You're not half bad yourself," I reach out a hand to her beautifully straight hair, "if I ever get to follow my dad's footsteps in becoming a singer, I'm going to bring you with me."

"Ew, no!" she pretends to grimace, "you can earn the money - and then use it to feed me! I'll be a good housewife for you!"

 

We both double over laughing at her joke, because anyone who knows Haneul to a certain degree will know that she will be anything except a loving housewife for a husband who feeds her. Haneul is intelligent, confident, and curious about the world - she wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter