「 can i lie to you? 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Suho shifted a bit nervously, looking around the metal cage he was locked in. He couldn’t stand still as he looked to the underground door every few seconds, hoping somebody would come down and get him. It didn’t take too long for him to be in this spot, but he doesn’t like how he can’t tell what’s going to happen to him. He and his friends didn’t exactly think it through as to how he was going to get in contact with them unless there was any type of fluid water nearby for him to send a message through it.
 
He already met the queen and, he assumed, the other top soldiers of this land. He didn’t think they would look harmless and have personalities that contradicted their appearances – at least so far that’s what he thought.
 
He remembered seeing Lay moving to stand off to the side before he noticed two other people in the room besides the tall fire user with black hair standing next to him and D.O. who had caramel brown hair. The other two men in the room seemed to be comfortable with each other as the one with sandy blonde hair looked like he could easily tower over the shorter one with dark purple hair. He remembered twisting his head at hearing a door opening and a man with vibrant, crimson-looking hair styled up to show his forehead happily made his way to the yellow-blonde colored-hair Lay.
 
His eyes widened at suddenly hearing the door to the underground chambers open and close to see Lay bringing him a tray of food. He stayed quiet and still as D.O. followed in behind him and held his hands up in the air before clenching them into fists and bringing them down harshly, allowing a hole in the front gate to separate and disappear into the ground.
 
Suho watched it in amazement before looking up to see Lay slide the tray under the remaining gate towards him, “I didn’t know an earth user could control metal too.”
 
D.O. smiled gently at him as Lay turned to walk out the room, placing his hand on the other’s shoulder, “You don’t know the extent of our powers and vice versa.” The former looked behind him as Lay left the area, “Lay cooked that, so it should be delicious to eat.”
 
Looking down to the food, Suho noticed D.O. bringing up the other half of the gate again, having it completely seal with the first half before leaving the chambers. He bit his lip before sitting down and looking at the unfamiliar food. In the Land of Night, they had more fish and water creatures and delicacies than actual animal meat compared to the Land of Day. They both had similar fruits and produce, but it still looked unfamiliar to him as he stared down at it.
 
He pouted before he picked up the utensil and started moving the food around, trying to think of a way to get in touch with Kai and the others. He sighed, as he smelled the aroma of the food before stabbing one piece of fruit and putting it into his mouth. He chewed it slowly as his eyes widened. He looked back down and stabbed a piece of the meat that was placed delicately on one side of the plate, placing it just as delicately into his mouth. He let out a surprised noise of satisfaction before looking back down onto the plate.
 
Amongst his friends, none of them really knew how to cook very well. They always had a maid cook for them, and even though she was a great cook, there’s only so much they could handle before getting tired of it. He hummed, smiling as he continued to eat his amazing food in silence, forgetting about his current troubles with only one name running through his head, “Lay.”
 
xxx
 
“How did we not think this through?” Kris groaned out, flopping onto a couch in a common room as Kai teleported into the room with a mist of black smoke, “I mean, when do we try entering the land again?”
 
Chen frowned, watching as Kai lazily plopped down onto Kris’ back, causing the latter to grunt in protest, “We trust him. He can always find a way to get back to us.”
 
“But where do we know a river that runs between the two lands?” the other questioned back, looking over to the other who was staring out the window, “Only if it rains can he send a message.”
 
Frowning, Sehun followed Kris’ gaze to Chen, watching as the sky flickered with lightning at the latter’s conflicting and worried emotions. He looked to Kai who was just as solemn as the other, “You forgot Kai’s new power.”
 
Kai flitted his gaze over to the younger, a smirk slowly forming on his face as he snapped his fingers out of habit and was sitting next to the younger’s legs, “Now, what are you talking about, Sehunnie?”
 
“Don’t give me that bullcrap,” Sehun snarled, rolling his eyes before turning around to stare at Chen, “I know you achieved a new level in your power.”
 
“You have?” Xiumin questioned, walking into the room to see everybody spaced out around it.
 
Kris sat up properly and stared at their unique user, “What is it?” He looked with worried eyes to Chen who wouldn’t turn back to them, “They’re not supposed to be infinitely cruel, Chen. Suho can handle himself if he survived a strike of your lightning.”
 
Another strike of lightning broke through the sky, highlighting Chen’s golden irises when it lit up the room even more, “But he’s truly gentle. He will only defend himself if he’s being directly threatened.”
 
Kai sighed, lying on his back on the carpet rug, putting his arms behind his head as a pillow. He knew Chen was right. It was just that he’s still new to this technique, and if he didn’t concentrate enough, he might end up appearing next to somebody he didn’t know. “I already have your five energy signatures memorized within me,” he started off lowly, making the entire room quiet down and look to him in curiosity, “If I concentrate on Suho’s energy strong enough, I can actually appear right next to him without much commotion.”
 
Kris, Xiumin, and Chen’s eyes widened at the confession, the latter turning around to look down at him, irises back to their normal color, “You can?”
 
“The only problem is,” Sehun continued on, tilting his head back to look down at his best friend too, “It could drain half of his energy and could accidentally end up somewhere else if he doesn’t concentrate hard enough.”
 
“We tested this so many times before,” Kai mumbled out, closing his eyes as he thought back to the fourth time he and Sehun tested it out, “About seventy percent, I’ll end up where I want to be. Maybe a little more than that.”
 
Kris frowned, nodding his head at the statistics, “I see.”
 
“But we’re not just going to invade them, are we?” Xiumin queried, looking to Kris before sitting down next to him on the couch, “We’ll just be easily overpowered.”
 
“That’s why I’m going to try and find his energy and enter in first,” Kai softly said, opening his eyes and tilting his head to look at Xiumin, “Then I’ll find out what is the easiest way to do all this.”
 
“This is crazy,” Kris muttered out, looking to their second pawn, “Sehun and I will hover above the clouds. Once you get in there, see if you can have Suho create some more, and we’ll survey the lands again.”
 
Kai just nodded, tilting his head back to look at Chen still staring down at him, “I know you and Suho are closer, maybe equal or more than he and Kris, but he’ll be fine. You know that.”
 
The other kept staring down at him as the other three in the room looked to each other in worry, especially Xiumin who turned back to Chen. The latter sighed, relaxing before shifting back around to look out the large window to see the “brighter” side of the region, “I know he’ll be fine. As long as there are rivers and a body of water, he’ll be okay.”
 
Sehun nodded before kneeling on one knee and putting a hand on Kai’s abdomen, “Let’s go practice some more.”
 
“Wait,” Kris called out, eyes becoming alert at that phrase, “Why?”
 
Kai sighed, tilting his head down to look at the other, “Because I’m doing this tonight.”
 
“That’s not safe, is it?” Xiumin questioned, removing his eyes from Chen’s figure to look at him, “You might get caught if he’s not in a secluded area.”
 
The other shrugged, bringing up one hand, posing his fingers to be able to snap them, “I can always teleport right out of there with him.” And in the next second, he and Sehun were gone in a wisp of black smoke.
 
Kris sighed, watching them disappear as he slumped back against the couch. He looked to Xiumin who returned his stare to the back of Chen’s head. He furrowed his eyebrows together before letting out another tired sigh, “You two make it difficult for me to accomplish anything in here.”
 
Eyes lightening up to golden amber again, another strike of lightning pierced the sky before Chen turned back the slightest bit to stare at them with the same colored eyes, “What are you talking about?”
 
Xiumin’s eyes widened as a piece of ice suddenly tried to attack Kris on the chest if it weren’t for his wings instantaneously appearing and wrapping themselves in front of him, acting as a barrier, “What?”
 
Kris laughed before removing one wing to peek out from behind it, “Nothing. Nothing at all.”
 
xxx
 
“Are you sure it’s okay to just leave him down there?” D.O. questioned as he followed after Lay through the hallways back to their common chambers where the rest of their friends were hanging out.
 
Lay shrugged, simply continuing on his way, “I’m sure it is. We’ve held people down there before.”
 
Stopping immediately in his tracks, D.O. just gave a hard stare to the back of the other’s head, waiting for him to turn around. Once he did though, he bluntly stated, “They died.”
 
The healer’s eyes widened at him in realization before relaxing again, “Oh.”
 
D.O. rolled his eyes before taking a hold of the other’s hand and leading the way again back to the common area of their castle, “Yeah. Oh.”
 
“But I actually cooked the food this time!” Lay protested, letting himself be dragged by the smaller male, “There’s no poison in it or anything!”
 
“Why would Lay want to poison Suho?” Tao questioned as the other two entered the room. He looked at them curiously, “He seemed genuine.”
 
D.O. sighed. It really was different because Lay actually did cook the food this time instead of him or one of their maids, but he still didn’t like the idea of keeping someone who seemed so nice underground. He tilted his head to the side, a sudden thought coming to mind, “Does he need more water than normal to survive?”
 
“What?” Baekhyun asked, turning away from Tao and Chanyeol to look at him, “Because he’s a water user?”
 
“I haven’t encountered one in a long time,” the other pouted, looking to Lay for help who just looked up in thought, “Lay!”
 
“I’m thinking, D.O,” came the simple answer before humming and looking to Chanyeol, “Just make sure he doesn’t get near him.”
 
“We’re polar opposites almost,” Chanyeol scoffed out, flopping back into a plush chair, “I don’t want to be near him.”
 
“Stop being a baby,” Baekhyun scolded before turning back to Tao, “Have you seen any visions of him?”
 
“Suho?” Tao asked, tilting his head to the side with wide eyes. He was the only one who felt comfortable enough to say the newcomer’s name, which in D.O.’s book, meant it was a good thing, “He will acclimate to the environment here.”
 
“So,” the other softly started out before sighing, “You’re saying we should trust him.”
 
The younger gave him a bright, innocent smile, “It might be in our best interest to do so as soon as possible.”
 
“…How can you be so cute?” Baekhyun mumbled out as Chanyeol pouted next to them.
 
“Because he’s truly innocent?”
 
“Not really innocent, but more like he loves acting cute,” Lay muttered out before being shoved in the ribs by D.O.’s elbow, “Ow.”
 
Chanyeol frowned before sighing, “It’s true. He can be very cute when he wants to be.”
 
Tao just beamed them all a bright smile before looking to D.O, “So, are you going to release him?”
 
“So soon?” Lay asked, just to make sure. He gave the other a suspicious look, “What else have you seen?”
 
“Can I lie to you?” the other questioned, still acting innocent.
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes before playfully pushing the other on the shoulder, “Why? We can tell when you’re lying.”
 
They all burst out laughing, especially Chanyeol who bent over onto his knees and kept clapping spastically. “But why is that funny?” Tao complained, pouting as he looked to everybody before crossing his arms in front of his chest, “If you want to know, a feline will show up soon.”
 
“A feline?” Lay suddenly asked, stopping his laughter to suddenly think of any felines near them, “Are you talking about Luhan?” He paused a second before continuing on, “I personally think he’s a type of deer or something. Plus, he’s busy watching over the land.”
 
D.O. laughed some more, lips forming a heart shape, “He does remind me of a deer!”
 
Tao simply smiled, letting small chuckles out as Baekhyun tried to get Chanyeol to stop laughing obnoxiously even though the other’s laughter was loud as well. He looked at all of his friends, glad they were all laughing and enjoying themselves. He couldn’t bare to tell them yet that he sensed something bad was going to happen in the future, simply because the vision was too blurry and fogged up in his mind to see. He let out another chuckle, reminding D.O. about releasing the prisoner.
 
The other widened his eyes and looked to him suddenly, “Oh! That’s right!”
 
“Are you sure it’s okay with the queen though?” Chanyeol questioned, suddenly becoming serious and startling everybody in the room, until he shoved Baekhyun away and started loudly clapping and laughing again.
 
“I’m sure it will be fine,” Tao reassured before looking to Lay, “Right?”
 
The other remained still, thinking about the situation, “I think mom will be okay with it. He can’t leave the castle though. This way, Luhan can keep an eye on him too.”
 
“Would you stop volunteering me for everything?” Luhan muttered, walking into the room with what looked like a clear glass ball floating on top of his hand, showing passing images of random villagers and the barren lands outside their walls, “I can’t always stay awake twenty-four seven watching everybody in our land and the gates.”
 
D.O. nodded, knowing that for a fact. Everybody knew Luhan was incredibly powerful despite his supposedly fragile-looking structure. They weren’t even sure if his power was done increasing in level yet, and to be quite honest, he was slightly scared. He was truly frightened, at least the littlest bit, of his friends simply because they were all still developing their powers even if minutely. The only one he wasn’t scared of the smallest bit was Tao.
 
They also keep forgetting the queen was Lay’s actual mother.
 
“I forget you two are related,” Baekhyun mumbled out, moving away from Chanyeol to sit in another chair, “You kind of don’t act alike or anything.”
 
Lay simply smiled, showing his dimple before shrugging, “Doesn’t mean anything to me.”
 
D.O. sighed, moving away from them, “I’m going to go get the water user then. Anybody want to come with me?”
 
“Me,” Chanyeol instantly said, standing up with a smirk on his face.
 
D.O. gaped back at him, eyes wide, “What?! I thought you said you didn’t want to be near him at all?”
 
Lay and Baekhyun looked to each other before smirking, ignoring Luhan’s happy smile next to them, “He wants to test his powers.”
 
Sighing, Tao moved his way over to their earth user, “You stay put, and I’ll go with D.O.”
 
“No way,” Luhan instantly stated, creating an invisible barrier in front of the door from them leaving, “You’re not going near somebody who is brand new to our land, Tao.”
 
The other rolled his eyes, “I already told you. We need to learn to trust him as soon as we can.”
 
“What?” the elder questioned, looking surprised as he brought down the barrier, letting D.O. quickly walk through the entrance to go down to the underground chambers.
 
“Wait for me!” Chanyeol shouted out, quickly running after the shorter male and leaving the others in the room.
 
Lay sighed, rolling his shoulders to relax some more before turning to Luhan, “He said the newcomer will acclimate to the environment here,” he turned back to Tao, “It sounds like he will be a great asset to us, especially since he’s a water user.” He hummed, going over to the couch to sit, “I’ve heard some of the greatest water users could even accomplish simple healing acts.”
 
Tao happily nodded, eyes turning into happy crescents, “That’s true!”
 
“Well,” Luhan started off, sighing as he casually tossed the clear glass-looking ball up towards the ceiling, clapping his hands before spreading them apart to his entire wingspan, making the ball expand throughout the middle of the room to act as a large 360-degree screen so he could still watch over their land as well as could the rest of his friends. He smiled as he took a seat next to Lay, “We’ll hope he’s not that powerful or more.”
 
xxx
 
Suho whined, pushing the tray away from him with his feet. He finished his food a few minutes ago, if not an hour ago. He really couldn’t tell the time since walls of rock and metal surrounded him, and the simple fact that being underground proved to be a great enemy into seeing the outside world. He also couldn’t help the pout on his face as he stared at the empty silver tray, “How long am I staying down here?”
 
He already missed the delicious food that was already being digested in his stomach. He looked around the area before shrugging. If he was going to be in here a while, he might as well get some more practice in for his new technique.
 
Before, he could only manipulate water that was already present to him, but now, he can actually, and quite literally, create water out of thin air. He still wasn’t very good at it, but he was quickly adapting and learning more about it.
 
He raised his hand in the air, palm facing forward, before raising it and furrowing his eyebrows together. His eyes slowly turned deep blue as he moved his hand to the left before swiping it slowly in the air to the right, turning the air particles into little streams and beads of water. When he put his hand back down beside him, he smiled at his progress as he commanded the waters to stay suspended in the air until he heard the door to the chambers opening. His eyes widened as he quickly put both hands in front of him and separated them, forcing the water to fly left and right to where they hit the earthen ground walls.
 
“D.O?” he questioned, standing back up to see the other smiling kindly at him followed by, his eyes widened, their fire user.
 
“Hi, Suho,” D.O. softly said before turning around to glare at Chanyeol, “Don’t start anything.”
 
The taller male just put his hands up in mock defense, “Now, I wouldn’t.”
 
The other rolled his eyes before slamming his foot and hands down, making the gate disappear back into the ground. Suho’s eyes widened even more as the other walked into the area and picked up the now almost empty tray, save for the plate, their cup, and utensils, “What are you doing?”
 
“You better be thankful,” Chanyeol muttered, arms crossed as he stood next to the entrance of the chambers, “Or else you would’ve been stuck in here until you were dead like all the others.”
 
“Really?” D.O. exasperatedly said, turning around to face his friend, “Don’t scare him.”
 
“He’s not some little kid,” the other protested back, leaning against the wall for support, “And we should frighten him.”
 
Suho gulped before he watched D.O. turn back around to face him, “Come on, Suho.”
 
Chanyeol frowned as he stood straight back up, turning around to lead the way again as D.O. waited for Suho to catch up to him, not forgetting to take notice about the wet earth on two of the walls in the area. The latter had no idea what was going on, but he hoped it wouldn’t be anything too terrible.
 

a/n: here's the second chapter! these will all be somewhat like intro chapters... so... i hope i didn't lose anybody's interest .___. i'm slightly switching back and forth between suho's pov and d.o's (and the rests') pov(s)... so i hope that doesn't become confusing because they'll eventually merge together nicely into one (we are one!) and if you can already tell, some of their personalities are a bit different than the standard personalities. like chanyeol isn't always a 'happy virus' like he is in real life. so yeah, take notes about all of that, haha. anyways. this is long. i'll be departing now!
 
until the next chapter, lovelies :)
-catalyst