「 we can trust him 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Kai let out a breath as he lightly plopped down on the ground in a very bright land. He squinted his eyes as he slightly crouched, trying to take in his surroundings until he was hit in the side by a large splash of water, knocking him onto the ground. He grunted as he looked up and saw a familiar face concentrated into attacking him again.
 
He in a deep breath before maneuvering and rolling backwards onto his feet as he noticed another man coming out of a small shop with blonde hair. He let out the breath of air before running and cupping the man’s mouth before holding an arm around to his back. He eyed his friend before dragging the man away into what looked like a secluded area of the market. He lowly questioned into the man’s ear, “Who are you?
 
The other man didn’t even try to resist before Kai slowly felt his energy draining away. His eyes widened in shock as he felt another harsh splash of water hit him in the side of the head. In no time, he was on the ground, panting hard as he tried to keep his eyes opened.
 
He looked up and saw silver eyes staring back down at him and duke blue eyes looking at him with worry. He grunted when the man with silver eyes bent down to pick him up and threw him over his shoulder before he passed out, trying to figure out what happened in that split second. He tilted his head to see his friend continuing to stare at him. Suho…
 
xxx
 
“Shouldn’t you heal him?” a worried voice filled the air as Kai’s eyebrows lightly furrowed in response, eyes still closed from exhaustion.
 
“This is the second time I’ve seen this idiot!” another shouted out angrily as he felt his body slowly lift up off of the ground. He groaned in discontent, too weak to do anything about it.
 
He felt somebody come closer to him before mumbling, “He’s handsome though.”
 
“Are you sure he won’t move like this,” a low, deep voice muttered out, loud and clear throughout the room.
 
“I’m sure,” came a delicate voice as Kai tried to open his eyes before he was slammed back against a wall.
 
He grunted, hearing two squeaks and his own thud from the impact as he winced in pain, sliding down the wall and opening one eye. He winced again as he saw amethyst eyes glaring at him along with burnt orange ones next to them a couple meters away from him. He weakly gazed around the room to see another unknown man with magenta hair, the man with the blonde hair, Suho, and a man with wide eyes staring at him worriedly. He let out a ragged sigh at seeing those eyes before closing his own again.
 
“He either needs to be killed or thrown out,” one angrily said, lifting a hand up in the air as Kai slid back up against the wall.
 
He opened his eyes when his airway was starting to get cut off. He started gasping for air as he looked at all of them in panic, trying to look away from Suho’s worried face over to the other man with wide eyes looking just the same as his friend. He wished he could grip something, but all he could do was scratch his nails against the wall behind him in agony.
 
“Luhan!” the one with wide eyes shouted out, running forward before slamming his foot on the ground to make the others in the room lose their balance, “Stop it!”
 
Kai was quickly losing consciousness as he dropped back down to the ground, slumping over to the side, and felt hands gently touching his face. “Hey, stay with me,” the voice gently said before the man turned behind him to glare back at his friend before looking to Suho, “Suho, can you heal?”
 
He coughed as he watched his friend timidly walk up to them, noticing Luhan’s eyes glowing brighter before turning around and dragging the blonde man out of the room with him. He lightly gripped the other’s pantleg as he watched the other with magenta hair walk up behind Suho who crouched down in front of him.
 
“Not as well as Lay,” Suho mumbled out before waving his arms around him to take the moisture out of the air. “Stay still,” he informed him as the water coated his hands and they started to glow a faint light blue color.
 
He started to breathe better a few minutes later when he felt the soothing sensation of the other’s rare healing powers. He sighed contentedly after a few minutes and tried to rub his neck gently, voice hoarse responding back, “Thank you.”
 
Suho nodded as the one with large eyes moved Kai to lean back more comfortably against the wall, “You’re welcome.”
 
He was completely exhausted but looked to the guy who saved him, “My name is Kai.”
 
The other gave him a soft smile before nodding in return, “D.O.”
 
He looked up to the other guy who was still standing, giving him a small smile, “And thank you for the compliment.”
 
The other man smiled at him brightly, “Baekhyun. It’s true.”
 
Kai let out a weak laugh as he closed his eyes again, “I’m so tired.”
 
D.O. nodded as he looked to Baekhyun and Suho, “I’m sorry, Suho. We’ll have to bring you back down there with him.”
 
The other bit his lip but nodded in return, “It’s okay.”
 
xxx
 
“What’s D.O. thinking?! That guy tried to invade our land months ago!” Luhan angrily screamed out, making his way towards Tao’s chambers with Lay and Chanyeol following behind him.
 
“I’ve already weakened him enough,” Lay mumbled out, rolling his neck to release the tension in it, “You don’t need to kill him the minute you lay eyes on him.”
 
“You’re becoming weak like D.O,” the elder muttered back as he opened the doors to Tao’s room to see him meditating in the middle of it. Lay frowned as he followed after him with a silent Chanyeol behind him. “Tao.”
 
Tao sighed, opening up one eye to look up at his friend, “He is the feline I informed you of the other day.”
 
Luhan was positively fuming as he stormed out of the room, not believing that fact. He was the guard to their land. He couldn’t believe they were going to let the kid live because Tao indiscreetly proclaimed that they would need him in the future.
 
The youngest lightly pouted, looking to Lay and Chanyeol who were watching the other’s retreating back, “He won’t cause harm.”
 
“How do you know that?” Chanyeol lowly questioned, looking back to his friend, “Your vision could be wrong and he could attack us.”
 
“His power is simple, and his strength isn’t as great as some of the strongest warriors in the country,” Tao explained, opening up both eyes to stare up at him, “He won’t do anything, especially since he’s already met somebody who can control him.”
 
“What are you talking about?” Lay asked, brows furrowing as he took in the other’s words.
 
Tao just gave them a knowing smile before he closed his eyes to continue his meditation. He heard the other two sigh before leaving the room, closing the door behind them. He lightly giggled, “You’ve met your own already, Lay.”
 
xxx
 
Suho sighed as D.O. and Baekhyun left him in the same cell as Kai. He waited until he heard the entrance close before rushing over to the younger man lying down close to the farthest wall, “Kai.”
 
“They trust you already,” Kai softly said, opening up his eyes to look up at his friend. He let out a lazy smile, “It’s nice to know they weren’t torturing you like Kris thought they were doing to you.”
 
He rolled his eyes as he maneuvered Kai to rest his head in his lap, “How are they doing?”
 
“Chen’s constantly worried about you,” the other murmured, noticing the confused look on the other’s face, “Since you look like you have no clue as to why I mentioned him first, he has quite the hots for you… Unless he just likes to worry about you.”
 
“What?!” Suho squeaked out, jumping a bit in place as his face flourished red, “B-But-”
 
“Xiumin loves Chen,” Kai continued, closing his eyes as he thought about them, “He’s doing everything he can for him, so you don’t need to worry. I know you never really liked Chen in that way.” He hummed, ignoring Suho’s flustered face, “Sehun helped me train to be able to come here, and Kris is probably in the clouds trying to search for me to make sure I got here safely.”
 
He let out a shuddery breath as he nodded, taking in the information. He started to run his fingers through his friend’s hair, “Get some sleep, Kai. You’re exhausted.”
 
“What if they come in here and attack us?” the other sleepily asked, yawning widely in the process, “I have to get us back home if that happens.”
 
Suho smiled, thinking about everybody but Chanyeol and Luhan, “They’re all pretty nice so far, especially D.O. I don’t think you need to worry.” He slightly ruffled the other’s hair, “Now, sleep.”
 
All he received in response was Kai nuzzling his head more into his lap before light snores filled up the room. He didn’t realize D.O. was still listening in through the earth.
 
The other sighed before looking to Baekhyun next to him, removing his ear from the closed off wall, “We can trust him.”
 
Baekhyun eyed him before rolling his eyes and waving a hand in the air as he turned around to walk away from him, “Be glad I think he’s too handsome to kill.” He turned his head and winked at him, “That’s the first you’ve lied to me, and it’s about him.”
 
He just gave him a blank look before padding his way after him, “They don’t seem like a threat, Baekhyun. Don’t you agree?”
 
Baekhyun laughed, turning slightly to wrap an arm around the slimmer male, “I only believe what Tao says,” he eyed the slightly shorter male next to him, “And you too on occasion.”
 
He pouted, making a short noise of disapproval while crossing his arms in front of his chest in defense. He only stayed quiet for a few minutes before they reached the end of the hallway, whispering softly, “You won’t tell Luhan and Chanyeol about this… right?”
 
The other looked down at him curiously, “You think we can trust Lay?”
 
He nodded, tilting his head to look back up at him, “I think we can.” He knew Lay was like a double-edged sword, but he knew there was something special and different when it involved the two new intruders that he hoped Lay could also feel.
 
Baekhyun continued to stare down at him, trying to read the other’s emotions and motives, “He’s different from the other two of our friends.”
 
“He’s always been different,” he softly said, looking away after staring into the elder’s eyes longer than necessary, “He still has great intuition and feelings.”
 
He heard the other sigh before letting out a small smile at hearing the other male’s response, “I won’t tell them.”
 
xxx
 
“Did you see him?” Chen quickly questioned, watching as Kris flew down swiftly with Sehun in his arms. He looked behind them to see Xiumin skating his way back down, rolling on the ground, before landing in a crouching position next to them, “Is he okay?”
 
Kris sighed, as he gently put down Sehun, the younger too worn out to keep using his power, “We couldn’t see him without getting too close. He must’ve showed up in an area we weren’t looking at.”
 
“That idiot,” Sehun muttered out, Chen moving towards him to help the younger stand, “He better be alive, so the next time I see him, I can kill him.”
 
Chen let out a short laugh, wrapping his arms around the slim waist, “I’m sure he’ll be fine.” He looked to Xiumin, “Are you okay?”
 
The eldest gave him a tired smile, “Thanks to you and your new power.”
 
“About that,” Kris muttered out, walking behind all of them to make sure Xiumin didn’t topple over from exhaustion, “Did you have to create a thunderstorm? You got me all wet, my wings are soaked, and you hit my right wing with lightning once.”
 
The other laughed, as he looked over his shoulder at him, trying to hide how tired he actually was, “That’s it?”
 
“You annoying-”
 
“I still can’t control it well yet,” Chen immediately responded back, looking away from him and to the stairway to get Sehun back into his room.
 
“He’s been secretly learning that in case he needs to create a huge rainfall across the land,” Xiumin softly said, watching Chen and Sehun with care.
 
Kris frowned, along with Xiumin, noticing the slight limp in Chen’s walk as he helped carry the youngest into his room, “Chen, practice with Xiumin more.”
 
“What?” the other asked, turning around to face him as he laid Sehun down, “Why?”
 
Sehun lightly frowned, letting out a soft sigh at feeling himself relax against his bed, looking over to Chen before reaching out and grabbing his hand, “Stay with me?”
 
Chen looked back at the youngest surprised before noticing the tired and scared look in his friend’s eyes. He gave a soft smile – Sehun’s best friend and father-like figure were now gone in ‘dangerous’ territory – before nodding and looking back to the other two.
 
“You need to practice so you won’t weaken as easily as you are now,” Kris softly and quickly explained so they could get some sleep, “You’re limping.”
 
The other sighed, too tired to argue, before nodding, “Okay.”
 
Xiumin sighed in relief before he turned to Kris and grabbed his wrist to tug him to bed, “We’ll start tomorrow. Okay, Chen?”
 
“Got it,” the other muttered out as Kris closed the door behind them and Chen took off his shirt.
 
Sehun blushed, as he his side away from the other and scooted closer to the side next to the wall, “I forgot you don’t sleep with a shirt on.”
 
“Kai doesn’t either,” Chen shrugged as he climbed into bed before giving him a cheeky smile, “So, it’s like he hasn’t even left!”
 
Oh my spirits,” Sehun muttered out in embarrassment before trying and willing himself to go to sleep.
 
“Besides,” the elder softly murmured, wrapping an arm around Sehun’s waist and pulling him into his body, easily succumbing to sleep, “It’s only sometimes.”
 
xxx
 
Kai shivered as he looked in front of him to see whom he now knew as Lay, D.O, and Baekhyun with Suho sitting next to him. He nervously shifted his gaze away from the food in front of him to look to his friend who was calmly eating like he’s been doing it all his life, which in all technicalities, he has been.
 
“You’re from the Land of Night,” Lay started off, giving him a blank stare.
 
Kai shifted his gaze away from Suho to look at the blonde man who has barely touched his own food. He was still exhausted, only getting a few hours of sleep before D.O. and Baekhyun woke him up to bring he and Suho down for lunch, apparently. He still didn’t know what time it was. He realized being in the Land of Day literally means it’s daytime perpetually all day long, however long that is. “Yes,” he mumbled out, contemplating on escaping and bringing his friend with him. This was too civilized and awkward for him, and he didn’t know what to make of it.
 
“Why have you been trying to invade our land?” Baekhyun questioned next, eyeing Suho instead of Kai, even though the question was directed at the latter.
 
He bit his lip, looking at all of them before moving his gaze back to his food. He decided to remain quiet as the three natives stared at him. He moved back to his food and took another bite of the meat before mumbling out again, “This is good.”
 
He heard a sigh before Baekhyun spoke up again. He looked up to see the other nudging D.O. in the shoulder. “He really is cute, D.O,” he said none-too-discreetly.
 
Kai blushed as D.O.’s large eyes continued to stare at him before slightly nodding, a barely noticeable sparkle in his eyes. He jumped when he heard silverware clash onto a plate. He turned wide-eyed to his friend next to him who blushed. “Sorry,” Suho said, sheepish smile on his face, before he eyed Lay across the table from him, “The food was as great as the first meal I had here.”
 
Lay tilted his head to the side in slight confusion before his eyes turned into crescents and a faint dimple appeared on his right cheek, “Thank you.”
 
Looking between the two of them severely confused, he barely noticed the look of amusement in Lay’s eyes before D.O. randomly clapped his hands together. He jumped, startled, before looking right across from him at the other gentle man. “Well,” D.O. started off, looking to everyone before settling his gaze on Kai. He smirked, “Let’s see what you’re made of, Kai.”
 
He gulped, quickly stabbing the last piece of his food before putting it into his mouth and chewing relatively slowly. He scooted back in his chair only to feel Suho’s hand gently pat his arm in reassurance.
 
He watched wide-eyed as Baekhyun laughed at D.O.’s growing smirk and remark, “At least this time, Chanyeol isn’t going to be the one against you.”
 

a/n: baekhyun proposed to chanyeol. jongin proposed to kyungsoo. junmyeon and zitao kissed (accidentally, mind you. because of jongdae). yixing and sehun almost got to that point. i think this requires a new chapter for today. anyways~ next chapter will be interesting, hmm? i already have it written out :3
 
now we play the waiting game.
you must hate me.
 
on the plus side! growl is making it's way into our hearts in 3 days, and i simply cannot.
-catalyst