「 was my vision wrong? 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Lay continued to work in silence, eventually forgetting that Chanyeol was holding onto Luhan’s hand for comfort. His mind focused into the wound, seeing the individual strings of muscle and little electric shocks of nerve endings trying to find their other half before stretching and reconnecting with it. He lightly sighed, seeing millions of strings trying to find their appropriate match before twining around each other. He heard somebody shift in the back of his mind but didn’t pay much attention to it at all.
 
Chanyeol fidgeted, his long legs having fallen asleep from sitting in one position too long. He kept shifting his gaze from Lay’s concentrated look to Luhan’s peaceful one, rubbing his thumb over the back of his best friend’s hand soothingly. He didn’t want to interrupt their healer’s concentration, so he remained silent to the best of his abilities.
 
Away from them, Tao continued to watch them with interest, raising a brow because surely, his vision couldn’t have been wrong about them. He looked out of the window to see the purples and pinks of the skies starting to recede. “Oh,” he softly said, gaining the attention of Chanyeol, “It’s already been a day.”
 
The Phoenix chuckled softly, eyes closing as he nodded, “It has.”
 
“Today ended differently,” the other commented, looking back to his friend. He propped up a knee and lazily put an arm on top of it, “It barely got dark at all.”
 
“We’ve been too focused with our activities inside the castle to even notice the change of light.”
 
Tao sighed, nodding as he tilted his head to the side, “That is true.” His eyes suddenly turned grey again, stilling his body and causing Chanyeol to look at him confused at the abrupt ending of his sentence. The other waited a few seconds before Tao came back, blinking his eyes tiredly before picking up his other hand to run it lightly down the side of his face.
 
“What was it this time?”
 
The other chuckled, dropping his hand to give him a lazy smile, “D.O. and the ice user are about to have an impromptu spar.”
 
“What?” Chanyeol exclaimed, a bit louder than their quiet conversation, causing Lay to finally tune back into his surroundings.
 
“What’s going on?” he softly questioned, eyes not leaving Luhan’s abdomen.
 
Chanyeol turned back to him, “Tao just had a vision of D.O. and the ice user having a spar,” he turned back to the time user, “I assume in our large training room.”
 
Tao nodded as Lay sighed tiredly, now focusing on fixing the entirety of Luhan’s gastrointestinal organ since he finally finished healing the other’s back and nerve endings, “Let him do as he wish with them.”
 
“But Lay-”
 
“Did you see who won?” the healer asked Tao who shook his head, even though he couldn’t see it, “D.O. is strong, and so is Baekhyun.”
 
Chanyeol frowned at him, “But then that means the other two prisoners are free.”
 
Lay frowned, “Then you go down there and reinforce them. We’re low on completely healed friends, you know.”
 
“But,” the other mumbled unsurely, looking down to Luhan who was starting to grimace in his sleep. He furrowed his brows in worry, looking down to the other’s stomach to see the bleeding has pretty much stopped, “Luhan…”
 
“He’ll be fine,” Tao quietly piped up, eyes now shining with mischief, “Maybe you should go down there. You’ll be surprised.”
 
The other two looked at him weirdly, Lay finally taking the chance to visually take in his surroundings briefly before working on Luhan some more. “Why do you say that?” Chanyeol questioned slowly, raising a brow at his friend, “What do you have planned?”
 
“Oh,” the other softly said, cat-like smile back on his face despite the evident exhaustion written all over it, “I don’t have anything planned. The spirits do.”
 
Chanyeol just continued to stare at him before he sighed, looking down to Luhan and then Lay. The healer shrugged in response, causing him to sigh again in defeat, grumbling as he got up, “Only because Luhan isn’t well enough to guard the land right now.”
 
Tao beamed him a brighter smile as he slowly left the room, continuing to take glances back at his best friend. Once he left and his footsteps disappeared, Tao clapped once, happy smile still on his face, “Oh, this’ll be interesting.”
 
“As long as he doesn’t get killed down there,” Lay deadpanned before adding, “Or kill anyone else.”
 
The other just laughed before falling to his side for more comfort to continue watching him heal their guard, “Of course, Prince.”
 
xxx
 
Kai stared at the large room in wonder, “How did you guys fix this room so fast?”
 
Baekhyun turned to him and winked, “There’s more to me than meets the eye.”
 
“He also made me help with patting the ground back down and everything,” D.O. mindlessly added, turning to look at their ‘prisoners,’ “I can’t let you two run freely.” He eyed Kris and Chen before looking to Xiumin and clapping his hands, allowing the earthen cuffs to suddenly open up and fall to the ground, “But since I’m sparring you, you’d need free reign of your hands.”
 
Kris scowled, trying to flex his good wing. He tilted his head back and eyed the earthen cuffs on his wings as well. “That’s also necessary,” Baekhyun commented before looking to Sehun, “You’re still our prisoner. Don’t take advantage, or we will end you.”
 
The youngest user’s eyes widened before mutely nodding, going back to clutch at Kai’s shirt and slightly hide behind him. Kai looked warily at Baekhyun before wrapping a comforting arm around Sehun’s shoulders. He eyed D.O, softly smiling, before nodding to him.
 
D.O. gave him a half-smile before turning to walk to the other side of the room, “I’ll start at this end; you may stay there.”
 
Xiumin looked to him with cautious eyes before turning to the others behind him, “Will you be staying there?”
 
Baekhyun shook his head, giving him a bright smile, as he pointed to the side of the room near the middle of it, “We’ll be over there!” He looked to Kris and Chen before making shooing gestures with his hands, “Now shoo! Let’s move over there!”
 
Kris growled at him before following Chen as he turned to tug on his hand. He only looked away when he saw Kai and Sehun disappear again then reappear where they’re supposed to stay. “I’m only using my power this much because there’s no one else around, and Luhan isn’t here,” Kai reasoned, keeping Sehun close to him as he watched Baekhyun trail after his friends and D.O. fall into a stance.
 
“Get ready,” the earth user called out, raising a brow when the entrance door slammed open unexpectedly.
 
Xiumin flinched at the sudden noise and turned, immediately freezing whomever suddenly entered the room. His eyes widened at seeing a tall man with a wide-eyed expression frozen in the doorway. He heard Kai mutter a ‘crap’ in the distance before he watched his ice slowly melt. He backed away from the entrance slowly, watching as the man’s body started to emit a soft orange glow before the ice snapped and broke off, the man extending his arms beside him with small flames at any bare skin.
 
“Hey!” Baekhyun called out angrily, causing Chanyeol to turn in his direction, “You can’t fight him! He’s already D.O’s opponent!”
 
“What?” Chanyeol breathed out, brows furrowing in confusion before turning his attention back to the small man in front of him. He scowled, “So, he was right.”
 
Xiumin stayed still, not knowing whether to attack or wait, before he heard Chen call out his name. He quickly turned his head, seeing a rock flying at him before falling backwards onto the ground to avoid it. He heard the door slam shut again, the fire user hiding behind it, before reopening a few seconds later. He turned and pushed himself up off the ground and flipped away from the entrance closer to his friends. He looked surprised back to D.O.
 
“If you’re staying, Yeol, go over there with Baekhyun and watch them,” the other commented with a creepy smirk on his face.
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes, waiting for all the extra moisture to leave his body with his flames, as he made his way for Baekhyun, “Fine. I won’t attack this one.”
 
Xiumin jumped away from him when he passed by, watching with cautious eyes as he slowly made his way back to his original spot. He looked down to the remnants of his ice particles only to see they had already melted into puddles from all the heat the other was exerting.
 
“Are you ready, ice user?” D.O. called out, snapping him out of attention, “Xiumin, was it?” He looked to Kai who nodded, smiling at his remembrance.
 
Xiumin frowned at his friend who just gave him a thumbs-up in response. He rolled his eyes and sighed, falling into his own stance, “I’m ready, earth user.”
 
D.O. gave him a bright smile before he suddenly smirked, eyes blinking to show terracotta orbs, and stomped, bringing up a piece of earth before punching it straight into the other’s direction. Xiumin’s eyes widened at the sudden strength the other showed before his eyes immediately turned icy blue, instantly freezing the piece of rock before running forward and roundhouse kicking it, breaking it into a million pieces.
 
Everybody stared at him, completely amazed, before D.O. smiled brightly, kicking up smaller rocks and sending it towards him. “Whoa,” Baekhyun mumbled, watching as they fought long-distance, “D.O.’s actually enjoying the spar.”
 
He is too,” Chen whispered, eyes widening at the pure joy he saw in Xiumin’s eyes as he easily broke up the pieces of rock or sent it flying back to the other user.
 
Kris snapped out of his stupor, finally realizing that the man who left the burn mark on his back was standing relatively close to him. He glared at him, not saying a word. It didn’t really matter though since the other was too focused on the spar in front of them.
 
Kai watched, mouth slightly open, as D.O. moved fluidly among the pieces of earth. He moved his attention to his friend to see almost the same thing happening, except with ice-covered earth. “Wow,” he mumbled, looking to Sehun next to him who was the furthest away from everybody else, “I didn’t know Xiumin fought this well.”
 
“There,” Chen mumbled back as a response, finally removing his eyes away from his best friend to look at Kai, “There wasn’t really anybody besides Suho who could train with him since he’s a physical element user.”
 
Sehun nodded next to Kai, watching as Xiumin encased his arms in complete ice the same time D.O. encased his arms with earth before running at each other to physically spar the other, softly saying, “That’s true. He couldn’t properly show his full powers with just us.”
 
Chanyeol and Baekhyun listened to the soft conversation going on next to them before the taller one turned to them, wondering who was talking. His voice was almost as enchanting as Luhan’s. He frowned, seeing a pale hand clutching the back of Kai’s shirt and seeing very colorful hair next to the other’s dark one, but not able to see the face the teleportation’s arm was around. He looked to the people closer to him, eyeing the lightning user’s enraptured gaze before looking to see the one with wings glaring at him. He looked away, thinking nothing of it, until he suddenly turned back to him and pointed an accusing finger, “It’s you!”
 
“Took you long enough!” Kris shouted back angrily before Baekhyun helpfully introduced them, gesturing to each person before turning back to focus in on the fight again.
 
“Kris, Chanyeol. Chanyeol, Kris.”
 
Chen didn’t even bother looking back at them, still too entranced in the two fighting. Kai and Sehun turned their heads only to see Kris’ wings flapping incoherently in his anger while flames started to appear at the tips of Chanyeol’s fingers. They raised a brow while asking simultaneously, “He’s the one who burned you?”
 
“Damn right!” they both exclaimed at the same time, now in each other’s faces.
 
“Why are you still alive?!” Chanyeol yelled out, aggravated, “That attack I sent you years ago should’ve killed you!”
 
“They have Suho,” Baekhyun mindlessly commented the same time Kris shouted back, “It’s none of your business!”
 
Kris turned to him, breathing out a stream of fire and causing Sehun’s and Kai’s eyes to widen at the sudden power he gained, “How do you know?”
 
Baekhyun simply held out a hand towards him, palm starting to glow until it became a waiting light beam ready to be let loose, “I can kill you with one hit.”
 
“I told you. Suho helped heal D.O,” Kai softly commented, causing Sehun to turn to him.
 
“He did?”
 
Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared Kris down before Chen held out his own hands next to Baekhyun’s temple, small smile in place, “You shoot down Kris, I’ll shock you to death.”
 
Kai’s eyes widened before he suddenly teleported between all of them, forgetting that Sehun was still attached to him. He looked at each one before holding out his hands and trying to calm them down, “I thought we were all enjoying the spar between D.O. and Xiumin.”
 
“This bird tried to kill me years ago!” Kris exclaimed out, trying to break himself free of his bonds.
 
“You have wings too!” Chanyeol shouted back accusingly.
 
Kai looked at them desperately before looking to Sehun and nodding. The youngest looked at him warily before sighing, letting go of his shirt and creating a gust of wind between everybody to blow them apart. Baekhyun skidded backwards while Chanyeol actually flew into the training field where D.O. was about to deliver a punch to the ground and Xiumin running to try and block it.
 
Kai’s eyes widened before he turned to Sehun again who groaned, “I hate you, idiot.” They instantly teleported in front of Chanyeol as Sehun blew his friend back and Kai ran to D.O. to stop him from hitting Baekhyun.
 
Everybody looked at them wide-eyed, completely surprised. Kai quickly took D.O.’s wrist and flipped him, making him land on his back on the ground a little away from Baekhyun. Sehun, turning and spreading his arms wide, blew back Xiumin who looked just as confused as D.O.
 
Chanyeol removed his arms from in front of his face, wondering what just happened, only to see the other’s back face him in a fighting stance. His eyes widened before he looked beside him where Baekhyun was a few feet away only to see Kai on one knee next to him staring down at a wide-eyed D.O.
 
I’m sorry,” Kai whispered, staring down at the other who just kept staring back up at him, “I didn’t want to teleport with you in case you got sick.”
 
D.O. moved his gaze up into Kai’s, swallowing before shaking his head, “It’s… It’s okay.” He turned his head to the side to see Baekhyun sitting up and looking at him worriedly, “Are you okay, Baek?”
 
Baekhyun nodded silently at him as he slowly got up. He looked next to him at seeing somebody else’s feet in his field of vision. He looked up, completely surprised to see Chen sticking his hands out towards him in a helpful gesture. “I… didn’t know if you wanted help,” the lightning user softly muttered, “Even though we kinda threatened each other a few minutes ago.”
 
Baekhyun continued to stare at him before giving him a bright smile, “You’re truly kind!” causing the other to blush and giggle.
 
D.O. softly laughed at the sight, looking back to Kai as he let the other pull him back up to his feet again. He dusted off his behind and hands, smiling, “Well, I’m glad Baekhyun didn’t get hurt.”
 
Kai nodded as well, smiling back at him, as he turned to see what happened to Sehun and Chanyeol. Xiumin walked up to Sehun, who mumbled something towards him, causing the elder to look down at Chanyeol behind him. The fire user glared at him, sitting up, before shifting his gaze to the other man who finally turned around to face him. His eyes widened at seeing something he hadn’t seen in a long time – an innocent personality.
 
“Are you okay?” came the soft mumble as the other held a hand out towards him.
 
Chanyeol continued to stare at him before looking down at the hand. He contemplated the offer for a bit before sighing, getting up on his own. When he looked back into the other’s eyes, he was surprised to see a hurt expression present in them despite the stoic face the other wore. “I’m fine,” he lowly said, staring at him a bit more to see his expression soften away from a hurt look into a slightly gentle one.
 
Kai stared at them from far away, hearing D.O. chuckle next to him. He turned to give him a questioning glance before the other simply shrugged. He frowned, looking back to the other two, before he teleported next to his best friend, “Sehun.”
 
Sehun slowly turned to look at him, eyes reluctantly leaving Chanyeol’s before he smiled at his friend, hand instinctively coming up to grasp at his shirt again for safety. Chanyeol frowned at the act, turning away to check up on Baekhyun and D.O. who were just smirking at him, Chen having gone to Xiumin before going back to Kris who was surprised with everything he just witnessed.
 
He scowled at his friends, “What are you two smirking at?”
 
Baekhyun laughed loudly, turning to D.O. who matched the look of mischief in his eyes, before the younger spoke up, chuckling, “Nothing.”
 
Chanyeol pouted at them before suddenly turning to Kris, “I’ll burn you into fried chicken!”
 
“Not before I plummet you into the earth!”
 
“What’s fried chicken?” Sehun softly questioned, earning shrugs from everybody else.
 
“Chanyeol likes to come up with weird terms some times,” Baekhyun explained before Chanyeol side-eyed the other.
 
“I’m not sure, but a chicken has wings, and that is what he is.”
 
“I’m not a chicken!” Kris shouted out, annoyed with the other, “If I wasn’t bound up, I’d beat you up to death!”
 
“I’d like to see you try!”
 
“Release me!” Kris exclaimed to D.O. who simply shook his head.
 
“I’m no Lay, but with the way your wing looks now, you won’t be able to do much.”
 
“Hah!” Chanyeol taunted back, crossing his arms defiantly, “I’ve already won!”
 
“Like spirits you have!” the other shouted back before D.O. turned to look at Xiumin, happy smile on his face.
 
“It was a great spar with you. Maybe we can continue and do another one some time.”
 
Xiumin looked at him surprised, eventually giving him a small smile in return, “It was actually really fun.”
 
Chen smiled brightly, lightly hopping up and down in place in excitement, “It was a good fight!”
 
The other laughed at his attitude, immediately loosening up and smiling more brightly. Everybody else ignored the verbal fight between Chanyeol and Kris, instead having D.O. and Baekhyun come together to talk about what they just witnessed.
 
“You’re an insufferable giant!”
 
“You’re almost the same height as me!”
 
xxx
 
Lay sighed a breath of relief, closing his eyes briefly and leaning back on his heels before moving to sit cross-legged on the floor. He looked at his handiwork, admiring the, once again, taut skin of Luhan’s abdomen, faint traces of muscle still apparent even in his sleep. He looked over to see Tao fast asleep on the floor. He rolled his eyes seeing the drool pooling at the corner of the other’s mouth.
 
He turned back to Luhan, pulling down his shirt, and grimaced, realizing it was still covered in blood from the recent attack. He sighed, getting up to grab a bowl of water, a towel, and one of Tao’s spare shirts. He hummed lightly, getting the necessary things before going back to take off Luhan’s shirt. Tracing his fingers over the other’s stomach again, he sighed before grabbing the washcloth and starting to clean the remaining blood on his body.
 
He stilled when he heard Luhan starting to protest, waiting until the other settled again. He eyed the other’s face, noticing the small twitch of Luhan’s lip that happened every time he fell asleep. He smiled, reaching out to gently trace his lips, before going back to cleaning his stomach.
 
It didn’t take very long before he had to try and clean the other’s back where most of the blood had pooled from earlier. He silently groaned. Baekhyun will have a fit trying to calculate charges for cleaning Tao’s floor since it had special material within the carpet.
 
“Lay,” Luhan breathed out, waking up again after being shifted around so much to get his back clean, “Shirtless.”
 
Lay softly chuckled, continuing his task so he can quickly put the other’s new shirt on, “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”
 
Luhan lightly frowned, leaning more into Lay’s chest, “Cold.”
 
“Go back to sleep,” Lay softly mumbled, “I’m almost done. You still need rest.”
 
The other subtly nodded before completely relaxing again and falling asleep, “Sing to me.”
 
Lay’s eyes widened in surprise, his movements halting before a warm smile took over his face. He shook his head fondly before his mouth opened and he started to softly sing a song he used to sing to the other when he had trouble sleeping at night.
 
Tao cracked open an eye, trying to swallow down the drool before it spilled over his lips. He smiled at the sight in front of him before quickly feigning sleep again.
 
Lay’s eyes softened, finally putting the shirt on the other after he stopped singing for a brief minute. He gently ran his hand down the other’s chest, stopping to feel his heartbeat, before resting it on his abdomen over the area he just healed. He really might regret his decision.
 
He lightly laughed when he saw Luhan scrunch his nose, “What is it, Lu?”
 
“You stopped singing,” the other softly complained with a pout, too tired to open his eyes.
 
“Let me get you back to your room then,” Lay gently offered, staring down intently at the other’s lips.
 
“I don’t know if I can stand,” Luhan sighed, cracking open his eyes only to be completely surprised at seeing the other’s face so close to his. He breathed in through his nose, instantly closing his eyes as he moved his lips with the other’s gently.
 
Lay softly sighed at the familiar sensation, gently cupping Luhan’s cheek. He smiled into the kiss before gently pulling away, looking down at his ex-boyfriend. He waited for Luhan to open his eyes again, flush spread across his cheeks, “Well, I’m not carrying you bridal-style.”
 
Luhan breathlessly laughed as the other moved away to help him up. He grabbed Lay’s hand, hoisting himself up, before gently getting on his back to be carried piggyback style. He smiled brightly, leaning down and nuzzling his cheek into the back of the other’s neck. Lay smiled back, letting the other’s arms dangle over his shoulders, before standing up and quickly leaving the room before Chanyeol got back or Tao woke up.
 
Once Lay closed the door behind him and the echoes of his footsteps disappeared, Tao finally sat up and opened his eyes, frowning at the drool coming out of the corner of his mouth as he wiped it away. Tao looked to the bloodied spot and the bloody shirt with the washbowl and towel next to it. He sighed fondly. Lay was always forgetful. He got up, quickly retrieving the dirtied cloths and washbowl to put in his bathroom.
 
He hummed, putting the cloths in a hamper before cleaning out the bowl, “They’re still so cute together.” He walked back out only to sigh sadly at seeing Suho still sleeping on his bed, now actually having moved to lie on his side. He looked to the closed door, now frowning, “Are they really each other’s calling?”
 
He looked back to Suho, walking over to gently card his fingers through his hair, “Was my vision wrong?”
 

a/n: so. i might just change the foreword. i haven't decided yet (for pairings). pairings will just be added as they get written out /shrugs. i'm so sorry about that. i thought i had it all planned out exactly, but then things changed. anyways. all the next chapters after this one will be a few pages longer. so longer chapters will be out now! :D
-catalyst