「 various shades of pink 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Kai panted, hands on his knees bent over, as he watched Sehun command the winds to lift him up into the air. He waited until the younger disappeared from sight completely, going somewhere else in their land before counting to ten. He grumbled as he stood straight back up, counting in his head while searching for the other user’s energy signature once again. He closed his eyes, mind expanding beyond his figure as he tried to find the fuchsia pink trail. He snickered when he easily found it this time before opening his now deep onyx eyes and quickly snapping his fingers.
 
He proudly smirked as the black smoke dissipated into the surrounding air and he was standing in front of a bored looking Sehun sitting on a rock on the other side of the castle. “I’m getting better, huh?”
 
Sehun tilted his head more on his hand, raising a simple brow at him, “Why is my energy signature pink?”
 
And since Kai knew Sehun so well, he knew the younger was slightly annoyed about his natural aura color.
 
He snickered again, smile blossoming on his face as he walked forward, before plopping down on the ground next to the rock and his friend, “I don’t know. That’s just what your color is. Don’t your eyes turn that color too when you summon the winds?”
 
Sehun lightly blushed, frowning, as he turned away from his friend, “No, I thought they were more of a purple-ish color.”
 
Kai laughed out loud this time, collapsing onto his back behind him to get some quick rest before he had to find Suho’s signature this time, “Well, it’s more fuchsia to be exact.”
 
“How much of a fashionista are you?” the other sarcastically let out, turning to glare at his best friend, “Fuchsia? Really?”
 
The other simply held out one hand as a signal to get the younger to stop talking, “Let me be.” He shifted his gaze over to the other, “If I don’t assign proper colors, I will get them confused with somebody else’s.”
 
Sehun just stared at him like he was the most idiotic thing in their world, “So,” he started off slowly, taking in deep breaths to calm himself down, “What are the others’ energies?”
 
Kai sighed, closing his eyes as he searched for their three other friends in the immediate area around them, “Kris is ruby, Xiumin is icy blue, and Chen is a goldenrod color.” He hummed again in thought, “They’re actually the same color our eyes turn into when we’re using our powers.”
 
“My eyes do not turn pink,” Sehun restated, trying to confirm a false fact.
 
The winds started to shift around them again, causing Kai to open his eyes and look over to his best friend. He lazily smiled as Sehun’s eyes slowly started to change color due to his unstable emotions, “See, Hunnie? They’re fuchsia. They look nice on you.” He yelped when he suddenly got a sharp cut on his arm, making him flinch away before standing up and glaring down at the younger, “I mean it, Sehun! They do look nice on you!”
 
Sehun just glared back up at him, irises now completely fuchsia pink with the winds circling around them in a loose tornado, “You’re lying.”
 
Kai rolled his eyes before planting his hands on the younger’s shoulders and immediately leaning down to press their foreheads together. He looked straight into the other’s wide eyes before giving a smile, “Fuchsia looks very good on you, and it’s not necessarily pink – just an off-shade of pink.”
 
The other searched the elder’s eyes for any hidden amusement or insincerity before his eyes slowly faded back to dark brown, the winds calming down with it, as he continued to stare into his best friend’s eyes. He slowly took in a deep breath before letting it out as a sigh and grabbed onto Kai’s forearms next to him. He gave a small smile back, “Okay. Fine. Whatever you say.”
 
The kind smile on Kai’s face instantly grew into a bigger, happier one. He instantly threw his arms around Sehun’s form, simultaneously teleporting them back to the common room the others were in earlier without needing to snap his fingers. He made sure they landed on top of the couch before Sehun’s back hit the previous rock he was sitting on.
 
“What the hell?!”
 
Except they landed right on top of Kris’ napping body.
 
“Oof,” Sehun let out as he was suddenly squished between two larger bodies. He groaned as he tried to push Kai off of him, whining, “Kai.”
 
“Sorry!” the other hurriedly let out, rolling off of them and onto the ground next to the couch. He quickly looked up and saw Sehun slowly sitting up on top of Kris’ lap. His eyes widened, “I forgot you were still in here, Kris!”
 
Kris just groaned, placing his hands on Sehun’s hips as he slowly got up himself, sleep suddenly ruined by the two masses of bodies landing right on top of him, “What were you guys doing?”
 
Sehun huffed, staying put as he crossed his arms in front of his chest in slight defiance, “Discussing the various shades of pink.”
 
“Come again?” the elder questioned, completely confused before scooting back to rest against the armrest with the younger still on top of his lap.
 
Pink,” the wind user gritted out through his teeth, turning to glare at a cheekily smiling Kai on the ground next to them, “My freaking aura is pink!”
 
Kris just stared at the back of his colored head, “…I’m surprised it’s not rainbow.” He tilted his head in confusion, letting go of the other’s waist to lean on his side against the back of the couch more comfortably, “When did you color it? Wasn’t it brown or something earlier? And why? That’s unnatural for our land.”
 
Kai burst out into laughter, watching Sehun’s face tint to a light pink, “Earlier while we were training.” He kept chuckling as he ignored the rest of the questions and elaborated more about the ‘aura’ concept, “Kris. Yours is ruby-colored.”
 
“Ruby?” the other asked, looking down at him, “Like my eye color when I’m using my power?”
 
“Mmhmm,” the younger nodded, lying back on the floor, “Exactly.”
 
Kris nodded, taking in that information before turning his attention back to the rainbow-colored hair in front of him, “Technically, I’d have to say your eye color is fuchsia instead of regular pink.”
 
“Not you too!” Sehun exclaimed out, turning around to face him with a surprised look on his face. He groaned and whined, shifting in his temporary seat, “I hate you guys.”
 
“Anyways,” the elder dismissed, earning a sharp cut made from wind on his cheek. He glared back into Sehun’s fuchsia-colored eyes before turning to Kai, “When are you going?”
 
Kai shrugged, placing his arms behind his head as he closed his eyes, “I’m trying now.”
 
Sehun quickly turned to him, a worried look on his face as his eyes turned back to normal, “But you’re exhausted.”
 
“Now, you don’t know that,” the other replied back cheekily, “Just let me do my thing.”
 
“But Kai-” Sehun started to get out before Kris clamped a hand over his mouth, earning muffled grunts and curses form the younger as he tried to wriggle out of the other’s grip, “Mmph!”
 
Shh,” Kris whispered into his ear, instantly causing the younger to stiffen at the close proximity. They were both eyeing Kai, wondering if he was actually searching for Suho’s energy signature. They assumed he was, by the way his breathing was becoming ragged and his eyebrows slowly furrowed in concentration.
 
And then their eyes widened when Kai completely relaxed and seemed to fall flat against the floor in a split second.
 
Sehun easily removed Kris’ limp hand from his mouth, only to yell, “Did he just pass out?!”
 
xxx
 
Lay watched as he sat down on the vibrant green grass, knees propped up so he could lean his chin on one of them, aggravated with the situation presenting itself in front of him. D.O. sighed next to him as he lifted up a few pebbles of rocks from the ground and started waving his hand slightly in the air, making the pebbles move around in a circle above his fingertips.
 
“Do you want to stop them, D.O?” the healer questioned a bit roughly, earning a shrug from the other, “Or protect Chanyeol’s face or something?”
 
The other let out a laugh, looking over to him without breaking his concentration on the pebbles he was manipulating, eyes a shade lighter before completely turning terracotta rather than the normal warm, brown color, “I’m pretty sure some water won’t hurt his face.”
 
Lay sighed as he returned his attention back to the impromptu battle in front of him. Really, he didn’t even know how he got dragged out there into the field where there were now singed and wet grass surrounding them. He knew Tao couldn’t go out there with them, and Baekhyun wanted to stay with him because he claimed ‘I’ll only get annoyed with Chanyeol and light up his a-!’ only to have Luhan quickly shut the other’s mouth with a stern, ‘Not in front of Tao!’ The latter was currently strolling around town, trying to relax while a glass ball floated in front of him, as he looked at all the shops currently selling various items.
 
The healer looked up, noticing something gleaming in the sunlight, only to smile and notice it was one of Luhan’s crystals randomly floating through the air. He chuckled, causing D.O. to look at him, before he pointed up and waved at the crystal, wondering if Luhan was actually watching them or just disregarding the viewings like he usually did half the time.
 
“Would you stop splashing water on my face, you fish?!” Chanyeol suddenly bellowed out, flames dancing off of his palms before he enlarged it and threw it like balls towards his opponent.
 
Suho’s eyes widened at the sudden attack before he dropped to the ground and rolled, taking water from the surrounding grass and shrouding his entire figure in a thin film of liquid. He looked up panicked at the wet fire user before quickly saying, “If I don’t, you’ll burn me to a crisp!”
 
“And I don’t want to heal an unnecessary wound if I don’t have to,” Lay suddenly called out with a hint of chiding to it, returning his attention back to the battle in front of him before whispering to D.O, “Want to bet they’ll become the best of friends?
 
“No,” the other instantly replied, not even looking at him, “If Baekhyun and Chanyeol can become friends, I’m pretty sure those two can become friends as well.”
 
Lay pouted, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he watched the water user take water from the lake they were near and create a wall of water in front of him as a barrier from Chanyeol’s fire stream, “You’re no fun.”
 
“Because I know you’ll win,” D.O. calmly said, sighing as he lied back down on the grass behind him, “You’re deviously mischievous under that innocent façade.”
 
The other hummed in response, not denying or affirming that fact as they fell silent at the steam that was steadily filling the entire area from the fire and water coming into contact with one another. They both sighed, wondering how long this random battle will last. With Chanyeol’s random mood swings, it could take a while, and they’d rather not stay there forever since it seemed like Suho was a very capable soldier himself.
 
Chanyeol frowned from where he was standing, waiting for the steam to disappear as he remained still, trying to search with his eyes to see if his opponent was moving around without him knowing. He didn’t think the other would be this good at fighting, or rather, defending himself. His eyes blazed burnt orange as he continued to flick his eyes back and forth, until he heard a splash into the lake. His gaze instantly locked in the general area of the body of water before he faced one palm out and shot fire in that direction.
 
He narrowed his gaze after a few minutes as he stopped his attack to hear or see any type of sound or movement. He frowned at hearing none before making his wings made of pure fire appear and taking off for the sky.
 
Lay tilted his head up as D.O. simply focused his gaze above him to see Chanyeol flying high above them. The former grinned at the sight, not even turning around when he felt another’s presence, “Can you breathe under water too? Or are those gills merely for decoration?”
 
The latter furrowed his eyebrows before tilting his head back to see Suho sheepishly smiling at them a foot away from them on the grass, dripping wet as the gill-like structures on his neck slowly disappeared. “You’re good,” D.O. complimented, spreading his arms out beside him and simply flexing his fingers upward to create a barrier around them, “Now, we need to calm him down.”
 
Suho looked around them as they were suddenly encased in rock before the area started to suddenly heat up. “How in the world-?!” Chanyeol started to get out before he suddenly stopped speaking. Suho furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as D.O. let down the front wall and Lay crawled out of it, temperature suddenly decreasing around them.
 
“Put your barrier back up, D.O,” Lay calmly said, tilting his head back enough to let the water user have a glimpse of his eyes.
 
Suho gasped at seeing the silver, almost white, irises amidst the slightly tanned body and light hair. His own eyes reverting back to warm brown before he and the earth user were suddenly encased in darkness once again.
 
“You know,” D.O. started off calmly, not moving from his spot, “That blonde and blank look might just be the death of you if you don’t watch yourself.”
 
The other blinked in confusion, not really being able to see much at all or understand what the other meant by that. He looked ahead of him, wondering what was happening outside the barrier.
 
xxx
 
Chanyeol growled, already down to one knee as Lay looked down at him, “Why are you two protecting him?”
 
“Let this power battle go, Chanyeol,” their healer simply said, eyes still glowing as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, “You two seem to be at a standstill anyway.”
 
“Stop using your power on me!” Chanyeol shouted out, eyes blazing as he tried to fight back.
 
Lay shrugged, not really caring, “Calm down first, and I will.” The other growled again, glaring up at him and silently challenging him, even though he knew he was going to lose. “Calm down, Chanyeol,” he chastised him, “Then, I’ll give it all back.”
 
The other frowned, lips easily turning into a pout, before taking in three deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling. He closed his eyes for a few minutes as he did that, waiting until he was sure his eye color was back to normal. When he opened his eyes back up again, he looked up to Lay and suddenly felt an energy rush go through him when the latter placed a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Now,” the healer started off, dimpled smile in place as his eyes slowly returned back to normal, “That wasn’t so hard, was it?” Chanyeol continued to pout up at him as he called out, “It’s safe now!”
 
And immediately, D.O. clenched his hands into fists, causing the earth to descend back into the ground. An almost dry Suho confusedly stood up as he stayed behind the earth user who casually got up from the ground, just to be safe.
 
Chanyeol glared at the water user before standing up and dusting off his pants, “I’m going to go find Baekhyun now.”
 
“You go do that,” Lay happily said, confusing Suho even more as D.O. waved off the fire user who put his hands in his pockets and walked off away from them, “See you later!”
 
A light grunt was heard before Chanyeol threw a hand up in the air as a lazy goodbye wave. Suho watched his retreating back before turning to D.O. and then Lay who turned to face him, “What exactly did you do?”
 
The earth user grinned brightly, looking to Lay who just winked at Suho, “It’s a secret.”
 
The latter’s eyes widened at the unexpected wink before blushing and turning to D.O, “Why? You… You found out I have gills.”
 
“You already know I can also control metal,” D.O. stated matter-of-factly before walking between the two to walk off to another part of town away from Chanyeol and possibly Baekhyun. He laughed when he tilted his head back and saw Lay wink at Suho again before following after him.
 
“Let’s keep the extent of my powers secret for now, hmm?”
 
Suho had absolutely no idea how bizarre and playful the supposed soldiers of the Land of Day could be until he actually continued to follow after them obediently. Eyes constantly widening and blushes finding their way onto his cheeks as he finally stayed, surprisingly, around Luhan long enough to know how touchy the man actually is.
 
“So,” Luhan started off, eating what looked like cooked meat on a stick, as he joined the group of three into walking around the town, his trusty crystal ball floating next to him in the middle of the air, “I’m assuming by the way Lay has loosened up the slightest bit to you, I should as well.”
 
Biting his lip in concern, Suho turned his head away from the telekinesis user he was walking next to and leaned around D.O’s frame on the other side of him to see Lay shrug as a response. He returned to looking ahead of him as he sighed, “I don’t know?”
 
“His skills are impressive,” was all Lay said as D.O. smiled happily between them, wondering what was in the water user to make his friend loosen up to him that quickly. He had to admit that it was amazing to see the gills in his neck, so he assumed Lay’s statement was correct anyways.
 
It wasn’t long before the earth user started to hum, surprising Lay and Suho next to him and causing Luhan to laugh. The latter bit down on the stick he was eating from before clasping a hand on Suho’s shoulder and leaning on him to reach around and ruffle D.O’s hair, excitedly saying around the wooden stick, “You’re shtill sho adorable, Shoo!”
 
Suho let out a sound akin to a weird mixture of a choke, gasp, and squeak at the sudden touches and weight of Luhan. He really didn’t know what was going on at that exact moment since Lay was now laughing and D.O. was glaring at the red-haired man next to him still trying to talk with the stick in his mouth.
 
xxx
 
Tao hummed as he calmly walked back into the Land of Day, slate grey eyes moving around to see everything around him frozen in place. He sighed, looking to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol seemingly arguing with each other because of the annoyed looks on both their faces, before walking past them and heading his way back into their castle.
 
“Interesting,” he let out, making his way past the front doors and foyer before heading towards the stairs to go up to his room on the third floor, “The feline overdid it.”
 
He grinned happily to himself, making time return back to normal as he made it into his room, the noise of the people inside and outside the castle resuming back to its usual volume. He didn’t think it’d be that easy to find the other, but since he technically had all the time in the world to search for him, it proved to be quite simple. He also wasn’t supposed to be using his power for this, but nobody else ever knows when he does use it.
 
He let out a light laugh hearing Baekhyun and Chanyeol enter the castle even from the third floor, “Well, that was fun.”
 

a/n: so, i forgot to post this up when i finished this a week or so ago ;n; please forgive me. anyways, yeah. glimpse of powers and fun times so it's going to get lighter and possibly fluffier. the rest of the pairings besides sulay and kaisoo are just going to write themselves, so there's going to probably be a lot of interaction between all of them before i make up my mind. because i don't like 'standard' pairings, but look at what i'm writing, haha. anyways~
 
i probably won't come back with another chapter until probably 2 weeks from now? i'm thinking about updating this every two weeks maybe every one week because i'm super busy right now. when fall starts back up again though, i should be able to update more frequently. i'm just letting my wonderful readers know and hopefully this doesn't disappoint you ;n;
 
until next time, lovelies!
-catalyst
 
 
oh. if you didn't get it. having brightly colored hair in the Land of Night is pretty weird and super super uncommon compared to the Land of Day. why sehun got his hair colored in this fic........ i honestly just love his rainbow-colored hair so much. it might be deeper than that. but it'll all be a surprise throughout this story. i like giving surprises, so yeah :3 haha