「 see you in a few 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
“It’s only been three days, Lay,” Luhan muttered out, tilting his head ever so slightly to stare at the other’s blonde head.
 
“Indeed it has,” Lay simply said back, not losing his concentration on making his medicinal herbs for the rest of the land. Usually, he had others make the medicines for him since he was typically too busy moving around instead, making sure nobody was severely injured from random sparring training or a child wasn’t extensively sick, but he felt the need to keep his hands busy when it wasn’t close to a meal time and the piano room was too far away from him to play in.
 
The other just frowned, wanting to get the other’s attention. He looked around the customized room they were in. Of course, they were in the castle, but it was made specifically for Lay and anybody he deemed worthy enough to step foot into the immaculately pure-looking room, covered in colors of pearl white, glistening silver, and various shades of gold. He honestly did love how it was decorated inside.
 
It was a large circular, dome-shaped room where the entire ceiling was made of glass, able to see the rainiest of storms or the brightest of days. With shelves adorning the walls, also intricate designs carved out by his own telekinetic power decorated the room. He smiled as he remembered the day he and D.O. argued over who would help decorate the room more when it ended up being him because of Lay’s past connection with him.
 
“Why are you in here, Luhan?” Lay softly asked. It was a simple question that had no other meaning behind it, and the other knew that.
 
Luhan hummed. They were sitting on the floor because it made the younger’s back more comfortable to sit down there. He looked away from the younger before sighing and lying onto his back, crystal ball long gone with a clap of his hands hours ago. He was sure that the others were walking around and keeping watch for him. “Why can’t I spend time with my favorite healer?”
 
“You should be watching over the land.”
 
“But I need to rest too, you know,” Luhan mumbled back, turning on his side so he can slightly see the other’s side and back profile, “Why have you warmed up to him that quickly? It’s been three days, and every other prisoner we’ve had you never actually cooked for or talked to personally.”
 
Lay let out an inaudible sigh, reaching over away from Luhan to grab another ingredient to add to his medicine, “I don’t know.”
 
The other frowned at that because he knew that response was true, “Why aren’t we back to how we used to be?”
 
“We fell out of love,” came another simple answer, and Luhan really hated that, “We couldn’t trust each other with how powerful our powers had become.”
 
“We could’ve worked on that,” Luhan mumbled out, reaching over to lightly hold onto the other’s loose white sleeveless shirt, “I’m sure we could’ve grown to trust each other again.”
 
“You used your power on me because you got jealous,” Lay explained, turning his head back to give a small smile to his friend, “It’s the past, Lu. We need to move on.”
 
The other frowned, crease forming in his forehead as he averted his eyes away from the younger’s, “But Lay-” His eyes widened when he felt the other’s uncharacteristically calloused fingers touch the side of his face. He looked up to see the other’s gentle smile directed towards him, dimple prominent in the lighting. He missed that smile.
 
“Come on, Lu,” and the dimpled smile became even wider as a thought passed through his mind, “How about… If you find someone you’ll love, I’ll give you one last kiss to seal the deal to move on?”
 
Luhan stared into the other’s caring eyes before shifting his gaze down the slightest bit to stare at the other’s stretched lips. He thought about it, not either of them moving from their spots, before he let out a shaky breath – how could he pass up that chance? – and nod of the head, “…Okay.”
 
Humming in response, Lay removed his hand before pressing a soft kiss to the other’s temple, causing the other to close his eyes at the feeling. He turned back to finish his work when he suddenly called out, “D.O. You can come in here, you know.”
 
Luhan’s eyes widened again, turning around on his other side to see one of the double doors opening and D.O.’s head popping in, “I didn’t want to disturb you two.”
 
The telekinetic user glared at the intruder, “What are you doing here?” He held out a palm and summoned his crystal ball before looking into it to see the water user crouching behind D.O. behind the door, “And what is he doing here?”
 
Suho lightly yelped, turning around to see a small crystal ball with an eye on it glaring at him inches away from his face. D.O. lightly patted his side in reassurance before turning back to the other two inside the room, “You know I can’t leave him by himself or with the others. They would cook and eat him alive.”
 
“I wouldn’t mind that,” Luhan mumbled out, earning a light slap on the arm from Lay who was smiling at the other two in the doorway.
 
“I would!” Suho exclaimed out, sticking his head in the doorway next to D.O. to pout at him, “I don’t want to die yet!”
 
“Then get out of this room,” Luhan ordered, sitting up to give the other a hard stare, “You are not allowed in here.”
 
Of course, Suho didn’t hear him for he was too busy staring at all the intricate designs and layout of the room, “Whoa…”
 
“I’m sorry,” Lay called out, making the water user snap his head in his direction, “But it’s true. No matter if we trust you or not right now, I don’t like anybody else in here besides the five other soldiers for now.”
 
Luhan let out a small smile as he watched the water user nod his head meekly before returning to hide behind D.O. The earth user lightly laughed before informing them of what he wanted to say in the first place, “Baekhyun sent out another signal. There’s an old man who had a rock fall onto his leg. I already removed the rock, and Chanyeol brought the man to one of the infirmary rooms nearby the castle.”
 
“Oh,” Lay softly said, eyes widening as he immediately got up from the ground, Luhan easily following him in his movements, “Take me to him now.”
 
D.O. nodded as he left the room and waited for the other two to get outside. He looked beside him to see Suho staring at the contrasting dark oak wood doors that led to Lay’s special room. He smiled, “It’s just like Lay’s and Luhan’s personalities.” Suho returned his attention back to him, easily confused by that. The earth user just smiled back, “How they look in appearance is different from how their personality actually is.”
 
Suho didn’t have any time to question about the other’s statement before Lay walked out of his room ahead of Luhan, crystal balls disappearing once outside.
 
xxx
 
Kai blearily opened his eyes, blinking them to focus more for good measure. He groaned, turning on his side to realize that he was in his own bed, but that another person was lying down on it next to him. His eyes widened in surprise, quickly scooting backwards only to notice it was actually Xiumin’s smaller form lying down peacefully next to him. He let out a shuddery breath as he tried to calm his beating heart.
 
“You awake, Kai?” Xiumin mumbled out sleepily, turning around to open one eye up at the teleportation user. He yawned, sitting up and stretching out his limbs as he kept his eyes closed, “You’ve been out for almost one full day.”
 
“Really?” the younger questioned, stretching as well, but still lying down on the bed, “Where are Sehun and Kris?”
 
The elder smiled, lying back next to the other and letting him cuddle against him like he was the taller male’s pillow, “Resting as well. Chen is walking around doing rounds.”
 
Kai hummed, nuzzling his face in the crook of Xiumin’s neck, “I really should get going.”
 
Xiumin lightly laughed at the ticklish sensation, “Are you sure you’re well-rested for this?”
 
“Shouldn’t you be with Chen?” Kai countered back, pouting, “I’m sure I’m well-rested now.”
 
“Would you stop that?” the other muttered back, “Or else I’ll literally freeze you to death.”
 
“You’re so mean when Chen’s brought up into the conversation,” the younger commented nonchalantly, exaggerating his cuddling by shaking the smaller man against him, “Let’s go find the others and bring them to the common room again.”
 
“I think this is-” Xiumin started to get out before they were lying down in Kris’ bed next to him. He sighed, “A bad idea.”
 
“Kris,” Kai let out a breathy whisper into the flight user’s ear, trying to make his voice sound a bit higher than normal, “Kris.”
 
The elder groaned, trying to swat the other’s face away as Xiumin stifled his laughter. Kai smirked as he pretty much draped himself over Kris’ figure, “Kris.”
 
“Get off, S-”
 
“Kai, what are you doing?” Sehun suddenly questioned from his place by the doorway, a cup of water in his hands. He was rubbing his eyes as he tried to process the scene in front of him.
 
“Hey, Sehun!” Xiumin loudly said, making Kris snap open his eyes and look to the side to see who was on top of him.
 
“The hell, Kai?!” he bellowed out, sitting up straight and flinging the other off of him, “Why are you on top of me?!”
 
Kai laughed as he disappeared then reappeared in a puff of smoke, crouching on the ground, “Whose name were you about to say, Kris?”
 
Kris’ eyes were slowly turning ruby as Sehun stood in the doorway and just drank his cup of water, “Kris, calm down.”
 
The other two in the room watched with awe as Kris fought the urge to rip his friend’s throat out before Kai smiled cheekily at him, “I’m feeling much better. Now, let’s go find Chen and start the mission in the common room!”
 
“Kai,” Sehun mumbled out, voice still slightly thick with sleep before walking away to go back to his own room, “You’re going to die.”
 
“Now,” Kai started out before teleporting to walk in step with his best friend, “Don’t be so dramatic.”
 
Sehun shrugged, air whipping around them before going into Kris’ room to make the other two in the chamber move from their spots. They turned a corner and saw Chen playing with his lightning in his hands as he kept walking to turn a different corner to continue his job of the night. “Chen!” Kai yelled out, causing a zap of lightning to go towards them in shock. He yelped as he grabbed Sehun’s arm and quickly teleported away to stand next to Chen, “It’s just us!”
 
“Why does the world hate me?” Kris groaned out as he was paralyzed and shook a bit from the sudden hit of lightning since Xiumin quickly hid behind his taller figure. Everybody else except a surprised Chen laughed at the taller man’s unfortunate luck.
 
xxx
 
D.O. sighed as he watched Lay heal the man with the broken leg in front of him, Suho and Luhan standing behind him since the telekinetic user was too busy eyeing the water user up and down over and over again. “Luhan,” he mumbled out, turning behind him to look at his friend and question slowly, “What are you planning to do?”
 
Gulping nervously, Suho finally had the courage to look at Luhan out of the corners of his eyes only to silently yelp and move forward to stand closer to D.O. He couldn’t help it either. He was already attached to the earth user and his kindness.
 
“I’m just eyeing him up and down,” Luhan plainly stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world, in which it was. He turned back to look at Lay crouching on the ground and watching with interest as the skin of the man’s leg started to stitch itself back together with his help. The man kept wincing and jerking in pain even when the wife kept trying to keep him calm and holding his leg down for Lay to heal better.
 
It took another few short minutes before the man was completely healed and thanking Lay profusely who modestly kept denying that he did anything important. That was probably the reason why everybody seemed to love Lay and his endless need to help people or be there for them.
 
D.O. smiled happily as Suho looked on with amazed interest as the man easily stood back up again, thanked Lay some more, and started to walk back to his house with his wife right beside him like nothing happened. “Thank you, Lay!” D.O. beamed, earning a laugh and a ruffle on the hair from the said man.
 
“Don’t mention it,” Lay laughed out, smiling his dimple smile before turning to Suho, “Are you adjusting well?”
 
Widening his eyes at the sudden spotlight, he stuttered, “I-I am.”
 
Luhan frowned at the twinkle in Lay’s eyes before he summoned up his crystal balls again, deeming it time to start watching over the land once more. He brought his trusty sidekick up to his mouth, “Chanyeol, Baekhyun. You can rest now.”
 
Across the land, Baekhyun looked up to see the traditional crystal ball floating up in the air above him. He smiled into it before turning around and making his way back to the castle to get some rest. With Chanyeol, he did the same thing except wave at the object and bringing out his wings to go search and pick up Baekhyun wherever he was.
 
Luhan laughed as he watched Chanyeol run then jump into the air in the direction he thought Baekhyun was in. He leaned in close again, “Other way, Chanyeol.”
 
Chanyeol glared at the crystal ball flying next to him before setting fire to it and tilting the other way. Luhan sighed, commanding that specific crystal ball to fall into a nearby lake. It may not actually stay lit, but he wanted to lessen the damage a phoenix’s flame could do to his crystal.
 
“Luhan,” Lay suddenly called to him, making him turn his attention away from his duty to stare at his friend who was pointing up to the sky, “I think mom is calling you?”
 
They all looked up to see a bronze-colored hawk flying through the air, the queen’s lovely pet signaling she had to talk with her top guard. Luhan frowned before looking back down to the other three with him, “I guess I’ll be leaving now.”
 
D.O. and Lay nodded, Suho still hiding partly behind the former since he still had absolutely no idea how the other would react, before the former spoke, “We’ll meet for dinner as usual then?”
 
Luhan let out a small smile, moving in to hug him and then Lay, “Of course.”
 
Lay knew the other held onto him a bit longer than necessary, “I’ll cook tonight. Okay, Lu?”
 
Furrowing his eyebrows at the relationship between the two, Suho couldn’t help but wonder what all these soldiers had endured the past years he and his own friends have been trying to figure out about this land.
 
xxx
 
Sehun stared hard at his best friend, trying to keep his eyes open partly in drowsiness and partly to make sure the other didn’t do anything idiotic to himself before he had a chance to go invade the other land.
 
“If you stare any harder, I swear you’re going to burn holes into his head,” Chen stated next to him, eyeing the youngest as Xiumin created a thin wall of ice around Kai’s sitting, meditative form to keep him cool as his body heated up in overexerting his power to try and find Suho’s energy signature.
 
“Why don’t you create a soft gust of wind around him?” Kris tried to offer, thinking that the action would help Sehun wake up more.
 
“And contribute to his idea to do this when he hasn’t fully recovered yet?” Sehun countered back, turning to glare at Kris instead, “I’d think not.”
 
“You get a lot more sassy when you want to sleep,” Chen commented with a grin, electricity coming out of his body at the threat of a sharp cut of wind injuring his body, “Just stating the truth.”
 
Xiumin bit his lip, eyes glowing icy blue as he kept the temperature inside his barrier cool enough for his friend, “Are you ready, Kai?”
 
Kai had his hands on his knees as he sat cross-legged on the floor, eyes closed as he concentrated on expanding his energy past their land and into the Land of Day. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw multiple colors of energy signatures, seeing a burnt orange one moving fast with a lightning rod-colored one he could have mistaken for Chen’s if he didn’t do research on his colors.
 
He took in a shaky breath as he expanded some more, seeing traces of the duke blue color he knew Suho’s signature to be along with what looked like a terracotta brown color and a bright silvery-white color along with them. He frowned, following the path until it hit the brightest point of the trails where he assumed they’ve stopped walking and were still for the moment.
 
He let out his breath as he lowly muttered, “There are two other signatures with him.”
 
The rest looked at him alarmed. “Then you are not doing this now,” Kris ordered, standing up from his seat on the couch, “You’ll get killed. We don’t even know if they’re guarding Suho or keeping him hostage or torturing him or something.”
 
“They wouldn’t torture him!” Chen suddenly exclaimed, standing up with him and looking over to the taller male, “We would know!”
 
Xiumin’s brows furrowed at the outburst, still trying to regulate everything within his barricade, “He should be fine.”
 
Kai tilted his head down the slightest bit, watching as the three signatures started to move again, “If we…” He watched as his friend’s signature grew brighter, “He’s unharmed.”
 
Staring at his best friend again, Sehun nodded, “They trust him enough to keep him alive and well.”
 
“Should we break that trust and invade their land?” Kris mumbled out, trying to think of a logical plan to keep his friend alive.
 
“Hurry up,” Sehun muttered out, watching as Kai started to perspire even with the cooler temperature surrounding him, “Kai can’t last much longer.”
 
Kai ignored their conversation as he continued to watch the signatures, eyebrows furrowing even more as he clenched his teeth at how much of his power he was using for this activity. His features instantly let up when he saw one of the energies move away from Suho’s before mumbling out, “One left. I can handle the other one.” The others stopped talking as they turned to him surprised.
 
“Kai, this isn’t a good idea,” Chen warned, moving towards him when Kai snapped his eyes open, eyes completely dark as his onyx irises became more prominent.
 
“I’ll see you in a few.”
 
Sehun’s eyes widened as he suddenly and completely woke up before running for his friend. He knew it was useless when, before he was able to take three steps, Kai was gone in a wisp of black smoke. Xiumin’s ice crystal barrier shattered as he took it down, having the pieces fall like soft rain around them with the black mist of smoke dissipating inside the room.
 
He cursed, “That idiot!
 
He looked to the others worriedly before quickly making his way out of the room and to the stairway that would take him to the tallest tower to be able to barely see the Land of Day. Once he got there, his eyes slowly turned fuchsia as he commanded the winds to bring him up into the air.
 
Kris, Chen, and Xiumin quickly followed him before the former let out his wings and he flew up after the youngest. The latter two looked at each other before frowning and looking over to the brighter side of the region. Xiumin couldn’t follow after them without leaving Chen behind.
 
“Go follow them,” Chen softly said, eyes not leaving the land as he felt Xiumin reach for his hand in apology, “Make sure those two idiots don’t get killed trying to make sure Suho and Kai don’t get killed.”
 
Squeezing the younger’s hand gently, Xiumin nodded before stepping back away from the edge of the balcony and waving his hands in the air, freezing the moisture in the air to create a pathway for him to slide on after walking on top of some nearby puddles to create a type of skate for him to use. He ran up the ice pathway as he continued to wave his arms, creating a longer pathway he knew wouldn’t last if it didn’t rain any time soon and there were no clouds nearby.
 
Chen’s eyes slowly changed colors as he extended his power more than normal and started to create storm clouds for Xiumin to use. He still couldn’t use this technique without overwhelming himself, so he hoped he didn’t accidentally hurt Sehun and Kris as he made it slowly start to rain around them, Xiumin’s ice paths glowing more and more as he was able to make more crystals and strengthen them.
 
He frowned, feeling his energy draining faster than he thought possible, “I hope you’re safe, Suho.”
 

a/n: too tired to leave a note x3