「 i can show you 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Chanyeol sighed with a hint of annoyance as Kai reached out again to run his fingers through Sehun’s hair, “What are you doing?”
 
“Protecting my best friend,” Kai answered childishly, lips forming a pout as D.O. kept his hand gripped around his other arm tight, just in case.
 
“I won’t hurt him, you know,” the fire user softly murmured, looking away from Sehun’s sleeping face to Kai’s concerned one, “Not intentionally anyways.”
 
You shouldn’t have said that,” D.O. murmured, pulling Kai away instantly as the latter started to freak out. Baekhyun simply sighed, now ahead of them leading the way.
 
“What do you mean ‘not intentionally anyways?!’”
 
Sehun groaned, shifting in Chanyeol’s arms to cross his arms in front of his chest, “I swear, Kai, you are the loudest person on the planet right now.”
 
Kai scoffed, crossing his own arms in front of his chest. He glared at his dozing best friend, “Go to sleep, you brat.”
 
Pleasure, idiot,” the younger hummed, nuzzling his head in the crook of Chanyeol’s neck and quickly falling back asleep.
 
D.O. and Baekhyun smiled softly at the sight. They haven’t seen their Phoenix this affectionate and tamed ever since he fell asleep cuddling up to Luhan when they were all young children. “Baekhyun,” Luhan’s voice suddenly called out, causing everybody in the hallway to stop and look around, confused.
 
“Luhan?” Baekhyun questioned, looking up before turning around to see a small crystal ball floating in the air right in front of him. He yelped, completely surprised as he took a step back, “Luhan?”
 
Sorry, Baek,” the other softly said, the crystal coming closer so Baekhyun could grab it and lay it on his palm. Baekhyun looked closely, seeing the other’s face and what looked like a mop of blonde hair next to his chin. He furrowed his brows in thought as the other continued to speak. “Lay wanted to know if it was okay that the wind user go up and visit our friend.” Baekhyun still looked confused as he looked up to see Kai, D.O., and Chanyeol mirroring the same look back. “I know Kai is there with you. Chanyeol, explain to me what’s going on later.” Chanyeol blushed, looking down to Sehun’s torso to avoid the other possibly seeing his eyes.
 
Baekhyun eyed Sehun before nodding and turning back to the ball, “That’s fine. I’ll take them up there now.”
 
Luhan nodded back at him as he made the ball shrink in size, “Lay will probably join you five later.”
 
“Okay, Luhan,” the other softly said, watching as the ball disappeared from his hand. He looked up to the others, shrugging. “Well, let’s go.”
 
A few silent minutes passed by before Kai reached out a hand again to touch Sehun, only to have Chanyeol shift his position and D.O. pull the other back at the same time. Kai pouted at each of them, “But-”
 
“I swear if you touch him one more time,” Chanyeol threatened emptily, glaring at the other.
 
“You can’t hurt me without upsetting Sehun,” Kai threw back, sticking his tongue out at him.
 
D.O. sighed as he watched Chanyeol’s eyes shift colors, assuming Kai’s did the same thing. “If you two start an impromptu fight in the middle of the hallway in a castle, I’m pretty sure Luhan and Lay would both mutilate you and throw each of you out of the kingdom.” He eyed each of them, “Then I’ll ban each of you from seeing Sehun.”
 
“D.O!” they each screeched out, causing Sehun to bring out a hand and slap it on Chanyeol’s face, easily pushing the other’s head away from him.
 
Chanyeol yelped, quickly losing his balance as he tried to keep Sehun safe in his grasp, “Sehun!”
 
“Too – loud,” the younger enunciated, not opening his eyes as he continued to push Chanyeol’s face away from him. He let out a gust of wind, cracking open an eye solely to find his best friend and shove him away, D.O’s eyes widening as he instantly let go of Kai so he could fly solo away from them and almost hit Baekhyun, instead hitting the wall.
 
The other two users just stared at the wind user, wide-eyed, as Chanyeol eventually fell backwards, yelping again. They looked to Sehun who remained in the air, simply using his winds to keep him afloat. “Sehun?” Baekhyun questioned tentatively, ignoring Kai’s groan as the light user made his way for D.O, “Are you okay?”
 
Sehun nodded, opening his eyes to look at them, “Yes. They were just being too loud.”
 
Chanyeol pouted, standing up, “You didn’t have to slap me.”
 
“You didn’t have to shove me away,” Kai added, grunting as he stood up, hand coming up to support his back, “My back.”
 
“Old man,” Sehun countered, looking to Chanyeol before moving his way to land in his arms again. He smiled as he felt the other’s arms automatically come up underneath him before stopping his power, “You’re warm.”
 
Brat,” Kai muttered, watching as Chanyeol sighed half-heartedly, “I told you he’d be whipped.” He flinched when a new cut landed on his cheek, “Brat.”
 
xxx
 
The queen suddenly woke up, gasping for air as she looked around to see herself in her own room. She frowned, sitting up and seeing the door slightly opened. She started, looking around panicked, “Luna?”
 
Yes, my queen?” the other called out, walking out of the bathroom holding some towels.
 
“Oh,” the queen breathed out, instantly calming down, “Why didn’t you inform me you would be in here folding towels?”
 
Luna gave her a soft smile, “I did not want to wake you, queen. You seemed to be in a peaceful sleep.”
 
The queen nodded, moving to get out of bed, “Where is my son?”
 
Luna gave her a confused look, “I am not sure. I thought he found you yesterday.”
 
The other frowned, checking herself in the mirror before heading for her bathroom, “I do not remember meeting with him.” She hummed shortly, looking back to Luna who held out a towel for her, “I will bathe and then find him. If you find out where he is, find me immediately. I would like to speak with him.”
 
“Of course, queen,” Luna smiled back at her, bowing before setting down another spare towel on the bed. She watched as the other closed the bathroom doors before fixing the bed again. “Did he use his power on her?” she whispered, becoming increasingly confused.
 
xxx
 
Luhan sighed, making his crystal ball disappear and becoming comfortable once again. He was still tired from Lay draining his energy before, but he was still happy, and that overpowered his tired state – this was how everything used to be. He softly laughed, feeling Lay wriggle against him in his sleep. He really did miss him.
 
It’s been at least an hour since Lay fell asleep. He lightly hummed, thinking about what he could do. The land seemed to have been okay since the prisoners first arrived, so he didn’t think he’d need to guard it right now. The other guards could handle it for a while longer. He softly smiled, looking down to Lay before he lifted up a hand and gently placed it on top of Lay’s head like he did with the queen before.
 
He closed his eyes as his hand started to glow a faint lavender color, still smiling as he opened up another memory that he locked away in Lay’s mind.  It was one of the memories from the beginning when he and the others used to always cling onto Lay. He bothered him the most though, easily developing a crush with how polite, kind, and cute the other was.
 
Lay always got mad at him until that one day Luhan decided to stop bothering him, as cliché as it sounded. The latter considered it a precious memory to be locked away because that was the day Lay chased after him instead, trying to find him and question him as to why he was acting differently that day.
 
Luhan chuckled, reliving the memory Lay was now currently dreaming. He told Lay he got tired of waiting for someone who only saw him as a nuisance. Lay told him Luhan helped distract him from his duties by arguing with him every single day. And then Lay hit him on the arm because he didn’t want to go back to his responsibilities and blamed him for making him crazy.
 
Luhan stopped what he was doing when he felt Lay shift under his hand again. He opened his eyes to see Lay squirm against him before looking up into his own eyes. “You,” he softly said, still trying to blink away the sleep.
 
“Yes?” Luhan softly questioned, eyes going back to normal as they held a playful tint in them.
 
Lay frowned, groaning as he took one big move and flopped his entire body on top of Luhan’s, “Oof,” “You erased that memory.”
 
The other grunted under the sudden weight, “It was not lost. I locked it away.”
 
“Why?” Lay whined, making himself comfortable on top of the other by squirming a bit on top of him.
 
“Do you really want to relive the day you punched me to become your boyfriend?”
 
A moment of silence passed before Lay piped up a soft, “No.”
 
Luhan laughed, wrapping his arms around the other’s waist, “Exactly.”
 
Then why did you unlock it?
 
Luhan shrugged, bringing the other forward for another kiss, “I figured you should remember how we started dating.” There was a brief pause. Lay suddenly looked hurt, leaning away from him to move and sit on the free side of the bed. Luhan’s eyes widened, quickly following after him, “Lay?”
 
The other searched his eyes, softly questioning, “Is that really how we started dating?” He watched as the other looked at him confused, “What I remembered was Baekhyun and Chanyeol setting us up.”
 
Luhan frowned, staring at him for a bit, before picking up Lay’s hand to gently rest on his own forehead. He closed his eyes, focusing his power and extending it into Lay, “What I showed you is the truth.” The other watched as his hand started to glow a soft purple color before creeping its way up his arm to the rest of his body. “I bothered you for the longest time, Lay,” he softly said, brows furrowing as he kept Lay’s hand in place on his head, “Then I suddenly stopped.”
 
Lay’s eyes widened as his eyes glowed purple, suddenly seeing visions of Luhan’s memory. He saw flashes of Luhan incessantly poking him on the cheek where his dimple was located, and then flashes of Luhan watching him converse happily with Baekhyun and D.O. He witnessed and felt Luhan’s feelings towards him before the elder decided to finally leave him alone, and then seeing himself panting after finding him.
 
He let out an incredulous laugh when he saw himself punch Luhan on the shoulder and felt Luhan’s quick pain, “This is real?”
 
The elder smiled, keeping his eyes closed as he let Lay finish the memory he was reliving, “Yes. This is the real one.”
 
Slowly, the purple glow started to fade from Lay’s body as it receded back into Luhan’s body. Lay followed the glow with his eyes until he looked up to see the elder gently removing his hand from his head, seeing fading flashes of a teenage Luhan kissing his hand after he hurt it punching the other once more, “Why?”
 
Luhan frowned, lowering their hands as he shifted his gaze away from the other, “It was for your own good.”
 
Lay shifted his head, trying to catch the other’s eyes before sighing and gently turning the elder’s head to face him, “Why?
 
They just stayed like that, the elder trying to look away until he eventually mumbled, “Go check on the others.”
 
“What?”
 
“I’ll go with you?” Luhan offered, getting out of bed and waiting for the other to follow, “I need to check up on everybody else too. I can’t let my title down.” Lay frowned at the sudden topic change, staring up at him before getting out of bed and making his way for the door. The elder watched him before he sighed, quickly catching up with the other’s angry steps before grabbing his arm and turning him around, kissing him firmly on the lips. Lay quickly protested before he whimpered when the elder ran his fingers through his blonde hair and his upper lip. He loved the way he could still calm the other down so quickly. He smiled into the kiss before pulling away and pecking him once again, “Let’s go?”
 
There was an obvious blush on Lay’s cheeks before he pouted, turning around and leaving him with the door wide open. Luhan chuckled as he quickly followed after him to where the others were, now probably in Tao’s room.
 
xxx
 
Suho and Tao raised a brow as they heard Baekhyun chanting outside their door, “No no no no-!” And then a black mist in front of the closed door appeared with Kai and Baekhyun materializing inside the smoke, “No!”
 
They watched completely intrigued as the other two plopped down onto the floor before Baekhyun keeled over, quickly making his way into the bathroom where the immediate sounds of somebody vomiting echoed throughout the room. Suho and Tao grimaced before the latter quickly made his way into the bathroom to help comfort his best friend.
 
“I’m sorry, Baekhyun!” Kai called out, about to make his way in there when D.O. opened the door for Chanyeol and Sehun.
 
“Don’t worry about him,” D.O. waved off, waiting for the other two to follow him in before closing the door, “Tao will take good care of him.”
 
Suho looked to them surprised only to see Sehun knocked out, or rather simply asleep, in Chanyeol’s arms, “Sehun?!”
 
Chanyeol hissed at him, eyes flaring, “Don’t wake him!” He glared at Kai, “Again!
 
The water user looked at him confused as the other walked over to him and set Sehun down gently on the bed next to him, “What?”
 
“I said – don’t wake him.”
 
“But,” Suho trailed off, looking back to Kai before turning back to Sehun to see Chanyeol running a hand through the younger’s hair, “What’s going on?”
 
“You’re telling me,” Kai grunted out, crossing his arms as he eyed Chanyeol, “I’m still waiting for my best friend to come to his senses.”
 
Suho frowned, reaching over when Chanyeol withdrew his hand to wake up his youngest friend, “Sehunnie? Wake up.”
 
“What did I tell you, water user?” Chanyeol muttered, about to attack the other for waking up Sehun, again, when he noticed the other already starting to move. His eyes widened, hand immediately finding Sehun’s as he suddenly changed his mind and tried to coax the other awake, “Sehun? Sehunnie, wake up again.”
 
Suho looked at him completely confused as Kai and D.O. watched the scene unfold curiously.
 
“Chanyeol?” Sehun murmured, fluttering his eyes open to see the other staring back down at him, soft smile in place. He gave him a sleepy smile back, turning on his side closer to him and going back to sleep, “I’m comfy here.” He sighed happily when he felt Chanyeol squeeze his hand reassuringly, the warmth instantly spreading throughout his body.
 
“Sehun?” Suho questioned again, still completely confused, “Sehun? Are you okay?”
 
Sehun nodded sleepily, not registering the voice until a minute later. His eyes flew open as he quickly sat up and turned around, “Suho?!” His eyes widened in disbelief before he threw his arms around his friend, “Suho! You are okay!”
 
The other laughed happily, falling backwards from the force of the other’s hug, “Of course I’m okay, Sehun. How about you?”
 
Sehun pulled away, bright smile on his face, “I’m fine!” He turned to look at Kai, “Kai and D.O. helped me,” before looking behind him at Chanyeol’s slightly distraught face, “And Chanyeol too,” causing the other to smile brightly down at him. He looked back to Suho, “Kris is waiting for you to heal him!”
 
“What?” Suho asked, taken aback by the statement, “Kris is here too?”
 
They all turned their heads when they heard panting coming from the bathroom. They looked to see Baekhyun clutching onto Tao’s arm, sweating slightly as he gulped, “You… didn’t know?”
 
“Know what?” the water user questioned, looking to Tao who bit his lip.
 
“Lay only wanted you to know Sehun was here.”
 
“Wait,” Suho mumbled, looking back to Sehun who clung on to him, “So Kris is here too? And he’s injured?”
 
Sehun nodded, leaning back to look at his friend better, “So are Chen and Xiumin. They’re downstairs underground.”
 
D.O. playfully rolled his eyes, “I don’t think he was supposed to know that either.”
 
“Oh.”
 
Suho’s eyes widened as he looked to D.O, “They’re underground?”
 
Tao nodded as he left Baekhyun’s side to pull Suho out of bed, “They are. Get off.”
 
“What?” Suho breathed out, surprised as he stumbled, almost falling to the floor, “Why?”
 
“Baekhyun needs my bed.”
 
Amongst other things,” D.O. muttered, causing Kai to stifle a laugh behind a hand and Baekhyun to glare at him.
 
“You mutter something else and I’m going to shoot your precious teleportation user to the next dimension.”
 
Chanyeol laughed loudly, gently putting his hand on Sehun’s arm to guide him out of bed, “Come on. You too.”
 
“But I just got comfortable!” Sehun whined, looking up at him with a pout.
 
Kai and Suho sighed, already used to his behavior as the others minus the fire user looked at them with wide eyes, wondering how their Phoenix would handle it, if he could handle it a second time. They watched as Chanyeol gave Sehun a stern stare, “Sehun.”
 
Sehun glared back, crossing his arms in front of his chest in defiance, mimicking his tone of voice, “Chanyeol.”
 
The other kept staring at him, challenging him, before he finally gave in after a few minutes sighing, “Come on, I’ll just carry you instead.”
 
“Wha- Chanyeol!” Sehun squeaked out, arms instinctively shooting out to wrap around the other’s long neck as the taller male easily picked him back up bridal-style.
 
Kai whined, twisting his body back and forth like a child, “Put my best friend down!” He started stomping his feet before making his way to the other, “Chanyeol!”
 
Suho watched with wide eyes as Kai started pushing his hands against Chanyeol’s face, hoping it’d make him put down Sehun who was clinging onto Chanyeol for dear life so he wouldn’t fall, the use of his power not really coming to mind at all at the sudden movements. He wondered how long he was asleep because he had no idea what he was witnessing at all. He ignored Tao gently pushing Baekhyun into his vacated bed in favor of turning to D.O. who had a fond smile on his face, “D.O?”
 
The other shrugged, “They’re all cute together.”
 
“But?”
 
“You’re going to have to get used to Chanyeol and Sehun being this close to each other.” Suho raised a brow. “They’re each other’s calling.”
 
And then his eyes widened at the implication, turning his gaze back to the other three now fussing at each other, “They are?”
 
“So, you know what that means?”
 
Suho nodded, thinking about his family back home, a small smile forming on his face, “My parents were called to each other.”
 
D.O’s eyes widened, “Really? Isn’t that somewhat rare?” He suddenly realized how lucky all of them were.
 
“It’s rare anywhere,” the other softly said, turning his head when he heard the door opening behind them, “They were lucky to have found their calling in each other.”
 
The earth user smiled, nodding, “They definitely were, Suho. You are a lucky son then.” He followed the other’s gaze, wondering why he seemed to have suddenly stopped breathing. He looked to the door only to be completely surprised, “Lay? Luhan?”
 
Everybody immediately stopped what they were doing, turning to the door as Chanyeol gently let Sehun down at the unexpected appearance of their Head Guard. The youngest immediately scrambled to hide behind his best friend and Chanyeol, clutching at each of their shirts at seeing Luhan in front of the room. Lay’s hand was still on the doorknob as Luhan protectively had his arm wrapped around the healer’s waist. Luhan took a quick glance of everyone in the room until his eyes landed on Suho’s who were still locked and looking at Lay’s own.
 
A light frown marred his features as he eyed Lay out of the corners of his eyes to see him staring back at Suho as well. He lightly sighed, looking to everyone else, “How come Baekhyun looks as sick as a dog?”
 
“I am not!” Baekhyun shouted out immediately before instantly groaning in discomfort afterwards, “Okay. Maybe I am.”
 
Luhan smirked in amusement, tugging a bit on Lay’s waist to pull him closer to walk into the room. He whispered into Lay’s ear, “Make sure Baekhyun is okay.”
 
Lay snapped out of his shock, quickly turning to see Luhan’s soft smile before nodding, avoiding Suho’s gaze as he immediately made his way to his friend. Tao moved a bit further down the bed from where he was originally sitting as the healer placed a hand on top of Baekhyun’s chest. The other wrinkled his nose in distaste, “You reek, Baek.”
 
“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun breathed out, purposefully breathing in the other’s face, “I puked because D.O. and Kai thought it’d be funny to see what would happen if I teleported with that annoying user.” He turned to glare at Kai who gave him a cheeky smile, “Apparently, I don’t do well with it. I hate you.”
 
“Hate you too,” Kai sang out as Chanyeol moved away from them to go to Luhan. The younger shifted his gaze as he watched the elder leave before turning to his best friend who was still clutching onto his shirt, now coming closer and whimpering because Chanyeol was gone too.
 
“Luhan,” Chanyeol whispered, motioning with his head for the other to follow him into the bathroom. He looked to D.O. who gave him a reassuring smile before instinctively glaring at Suho in passing. He saw Luhan shift to follow after him before looking back to Sehun who was looking at him with worried eyes. He gave him a small smile, causing his best friend to raise a brow at him curiously.
 
Once they made it inside with Chanyeol closing the door properly behind them, Luhan hopped onto the bathroom counter and simply raised a brow at his best friend, “Chanyeol.”
 
And in a flash, Chanyeol was holding Luhan’s hand up to his chest, eyes begging to be forgiven, “Luhan. Please accept him, and why did you try to kill him in the first place? You would’ve killed me too, or well,” he paused, thinking a bit more about it, “You wouldn’t have since we didn’t connect before, but he’s so innocent and precious and enchanting, almost as enchanting as you, but now maybe even more.”
 
Luhan just stared at him, completely surprised, “So, you were enchanted by me?”
 
“Have you listened to yourself?”
 
A brief moment of silence passed before the other let out a slow, “No.”
 
Chanyeol nodded furiously, “Well, I was. But the more time I spend with Sehun, the more enchanting and beautiful he becomes.”
 
Luhan sighed, letting the other talk it out to him, “Well, why am I in here then?”
 
The other pouted, holding the other’s hand closer to his chest, “Because you’re my best friend, and I want you to be supportive of me in everything I do. I support you in your crazy decisions, and I love you like a brother now, so I need to know you are okay with Sehun before I go all in to this relationship.”
 
“He’s from the Land of Night.”
 
Chanyeol whined, stomping his feet like a child, “But have you seen him? He’s a completely innocent person!”
 
“Calm down, Chanyeol,” Luhan sighed, putting his free palm on the counter next to him before leaning to that side, “Why are you like this with him only?”
 
Because he’s my calling,” the younger mumbled in a soft voice, “He’s really my calling, and I felt incredibly hurt when he told me you almost killed him even though I never usually get hurt when you almost kill people.”
 
Luhan’s eyes widened in shock, mouth falling open, “You found your calling?”
 
Chanyeol gave him a small smile, slowly dropping their hands, “I found my calling.”
 
“You found your calling in a Night warrior?”
 
“He’s really sweet if you spend some time with him, maybe a little demanding.”
 
A few more silent minutes passed between them, with each of them searching the other’s eyes – Chanyeol’s pleading ones and Luhan’s scrutinizing ones. “Are you sure?” Luhan softly questioned, not wanting to see his best friend be tricked or hurt in any way, “I won’t approve of it until I’m actually sure.”
 
Chanyeol nodded, smiling, “I’m sure.” He moved forward, gently butting foreheads with his best friend, “I know he’s the one.”
 
“How?” Luhan whispered, still searching his best friend’s eyes.
 
I can show you.”
 
Eyes widening, the elder leaned backwards in surprise, “You can?” He watched as the younger nodded again confidently before eventually sighing, giving him a small smile back. He used his free hand to gently cup Chanyeol’s cheek before leaning up and giving him a soft kiss on the forehead, causing the younger to close his eyes at the feeling, “You better be sure about this, Chanyeol.” He moved to hop off of the counter, “Because the second he hurts you, I won’t hesitate to end him for hurting my best friend.”
 
Chanyeol rapidly nodded, easily kissing the other’s forehead in return, “Same for you, Luhan.”
 
The elder smiled happily at the feeling that engulfed him before they exited the bathroom to see Sehun still standing behind Kai who was now talking with D.O. and Suho while Lay was talking to Tao and Baekhyun. He softly smiled at the sight before noticing Sehun’s eyes shift in their direction, seemingly conflicted on whether to hide more behind Kai or go towards them. He noticed the way Kai gripped Sehun’s hand behind him, probably clutching his shirt, to make sure he stayed close.
 
“Follow me,” Chanyeol softly said, leading the way back to Sehun. Luhan nodded as he did as told, everybody stopping what they were doing to watch what they were going to do.
 
Lay immediately got up from the bed, following after them, “Luhan, remember what I told you. I will not go back on my word.” Luhan nodded at the threat as he continued to follow his best friend, looking back to see Suho grab Lay’s arm to hold him back.
 
They all watched as Kai stood in front of Sehun, glaring up at Chanyeol, “What are you doing?”
 
Chanyeol glared back at him before softening his gaze towards Sehun behind him, “Let me show Luhan something.”
 
“You’re going to hurt him,” Kai insisted before he felt a tug on the back of his shirt. He looked back to see Sehun staring back at him.
 
“Just hold onto me?”
 
Kai bit his lip, looking at him for a few minutes before nodding, this time holding on to the younger’s shirt as he shifted his gaze to see D.O. smiling gently at him. He let out a shaky breath as Sehun walked around him to stand in front of Chanyeol. “I swear, Chanyeol,” he threatened emptily, watching as the other rolled his eyes in response.
 
Sehun his lips out of habit, continuing to stare at Luhan behind Chanyeol out of worry. He didn’t remove his gaze until he felt somebody touch his hand and flinched. He quickly looked down to see Chanyeol tentatively holding his hand.
 
I’m right here,” Kai murmured reassuringly, watching the scene unfold.
 
Sehun nodded as he trailed his eyes up from Chanyeol’s hand all the way to his face. He raised his eyebrows slightly in question, “Chanyeol?”
 
The fire user simply gave him a smile before linking his fingers with the other, waiting for the effects to start. “Watch carefully, Lu,” he softly said, staring into Sehun’s eyes.
 
The younger looked at him warily, about to look at Luhan out of worry again, until he gasped. Everybody looked at him curiously, Kai leaning around to look at his best friend. Sehun kept looking into Chanyeol’s eyes as the elder reached out his other hand and gently ran his fingers through the other’s colorful hair. He watched as the elder’s eyes turned burnt orange before fading to show flecks of them littering the other’s irises instead.
 
Eyes widening in shock, Luhan witnessed Sehun’s eyes turn fuchsia in one blink before fading away to have specks of the color floating around in his irises. He quickly moved around to look up at his best friend’s eyes, only to see burnt orange flecks already present in them. “Chanyeol?” he softly questioned, looking back to Sehun whose eyes turned into crescents at suddenly feeling happy.
 
“Do you see now, Luhan?” Chanyeol gently asked, reluctantly looking away from Sehun to eye him, “It’s different when you’re looking into the eyes of your calling.”
 
Everybody looked around at each other, completely shocked into silence before Baekhyun tugged Tao’s hand worriedly. The latter looked down at him, a reassuring smile in place, “Every calling is different, Baekhyun.”
 
Sehun suddenly broke out into a bright smile, walking forward to hug Chanyeol around the waist. “I don’t know what’s going on,” he muttered before taking a step back to look back up at Chanyeol, “Why are your eyes different?”
 
Chanyeol looked back down at him, the colors now swirling slightly. He smiled back, “Because you are my calling.”
 
Luhan continued to look between them before looking back to Lay who was just as shocked as he was, “So… But every calling is different…”
 
“My parents weren’t so sudden like theirs,” Suho confirmed, still holding onto Lay unknowingly, “They knew each other for years before they found their calling in each other.”
 
Sehun slightly frowned, “I don’t know what a ‘calling’ is.”
 
D.O. sighed even though there was a fond look in his eyes, “I need to gather all of you and give you a lesson about what a ‘calling’ is.” He looked back to Kai, knowing smile in place, “But some of you already know.”
 
Kai shifted his gaze away from his best friend whose shirt he was still gripping to D.O. before blushing, “Yeah.”
 
Luhan looked troubled before looking back to Chanyeol and Sehun, the elder still looking at the younger who was now looking at him, looking just as conflicted. He raised a brow, “What is it?”
 
Sehun bit his lip, leaving Kai’s space to hide behind Chanyeol instead, “Are you going to hurt me now because of Chanyeol?”
 
Kai watched with a sad gaze as his best friend left his comfort for the fire user’s before glaring at Luhan, “If you hurt my best friend, you will have to answer to me.”
 
The other turned to glare back at him, “Same to you, teleportation user.”
 
“I don’t think he will hurt you any more,” Chanyeol chuckled out, looking to Lay out of the corners of his eyes, “With the threat from Lay plus knowing how important you are to me, he will not do anything to you.”
 
Luhan turned his glare to him, now becoming playful, “But I have nothing against hurting you instead.”
 
“Don’t hurt him!” Sehun suddenly yelped out, surprised look on his face as he accidentally tugged on the back of Chanyeol’s shirt.
 
Everybody looked at him surprised, Chanyeol tilting his head to look back at him, “What?”
 
Sehun panicked, flush creeping up his cheeks as he hid behind Chanyeol again, placing his forehead in the middle of the taller man’s back, “I- I don’t know.”
 
Luhan glared at him then, trying to fight the pout from forming on his lips. “He’s too cute to resist, right?” Baekhyun called out, diverting his attention away from the wind user, “We know. He really is too adorable to resist.”
 
“Stop that!” Chanyeol called out, moving to glare at him instead, swirling burnt orange flecks disappearing.
 
“He is right, you know,” D.O. commented next, causing the taller male to face him instead. He gave him a playful smile, “Too cute.”
 
A small smile broke out on Luhan’s lips as he watched Chanyeol turn, Sehun following his movements, to make a threatening gesture to D.O, “Stop it.” Being with Lay really softened him too much.
 
“Oh, no you don’t,” Kai said, easily adding on to the playful atmosphere. He walked over to D.O. and stood in front of him, “You hurt him, and I’ll take my best friend away and you’ll have to continue searching for him until the ends of the planet.”
 
“Kai!” Sehun screeched, coming out to stare at his best friend, appalled.
 
D.O. laughed as he peeked around Kai’s form and stuck his tongue out at Chanyeol, “You’re protecting someone, so I have someone to protect me.”
 
“But since when did-” Suho was about to question when the fire user cut him off. He didn’t know Kai and D.O. became that close already as well.
 
Chanyeol glared at him before turning to Baekhyun, “Fine. But he-”
 
“You forgot me,” Tao playfully said, waving happily at him, “You know my power.”
 
“This isn’t fair!” Chanyeol shouted out in annoyance, turning around to wrap protective arms around Sehun and causing him to yelp at the sudden act, “Stop saying he’s cute!”
 
“But he is!” Lay suddenly shouted out, finally snapping out of his stupor to aid in the battle. He smiled serenely at him, “That is one of the reasons why I allowed him to stay with Kai unlike his other friends down in the- Oh!” His eyes widened in realization before running for the door, “I forgot about the flight user!”
 
Luhan and Suho looked at him surprised as he ran out the door, Chanyeol still pouting before Lay came running back, “Wait! D.O! I need you!”
 
D.O’s eyes widened in realization before he nodded, quickly running out from behind Kai and following after the prince, “I’m coming, Lay!”
 
Chanyeol frowned, whining as he watched Kai follow after them with Suho, “And I can’t do anything because he’s higher than me in ranking!”
 
Luhan turned to glare at him then, “And because I would definitely hurt you for hurting him,” before taking off after them.
 
Baekhyun and Tao watched everything happen in confusion before looking to the other two left in the room to see Sehun trying to push Chanyeol away from him. They tilted their heads and raised a brow when Sehun just let loose a gust of wind, causing the other to fly towards them before hitting the side of the bed after he skidded across the floor.
 
“Oof!”
 
“I told you I’m like wind,” Sehun muttered, brows creasing together as he walked over to make sure Chanyeol was okay, “I don’t like being in tight containers for a long period of time.”
 
Chanyeol looked up at him and sighed, simply falling limp on the ground, “Yeah well, I’m also unpredictable like fire,” before playfully smirking and letting loose a little fire ball in front of Sehun, causing him to yelp and fall backwards. Chanyeol laughed as he suddenly tackled him into a hug.
 
“I think you two make a perfect match,” Tao offhandedly commented, causing Sehun to look around at him, “You both are weird.” Baekhyun laughed at his opinion as Chanyeol pouted at having the other disrupt his little flirting time.
 
“You are seriously odd, Tao.”
 
“We know.”
 
Sehun looked at them confused, “I don’t.”
 
Baekhyun smiled happily at him, gesturing to Tao, “He is Tao, and he controls time.”
 
“…Oh.”
 
“So, I should be odd.”
 
Sehun stayed silent for another few minutes, trying to process the newfound information. Time?
 
“Oh?”
 
“Yeah,” Tao nodded, cute smile back on his face, “You really are attractive, Sehun.”
 
“Thanks?” Sehun unsurely said, brows shooting up in confusion before Chanyeol tackled him back down to the ground, “Ow!”
 
Chanyeol glared at the time user, “We all know he is immensely attractive. Stop bringing it up.”
 
Sehun blushed, trying to breathe properly under the fire user’s weight, “I am?”
 
Baekhyun nodded as he leaned over the bed to try and get a good look at the wind user, “You are. Quite the catch, if I say so myself.”
 
“I told you we are odd,” Tao blunted stated, shrugging his shoulders, “Time is an odd thing.”
 
Sehun just stared at them, letting Chanyeol cuddle into his chest as he tried to process the other’s user type. He nodded numbly, “Okay,” causing Tao and Baekhyun to laugh and Chanyeol’s deep chuckle to rumble throughout his body, “Okay, yeah. Odd.”
 

a/n: goodness. you guys ;u; my shift at work got switched so i worked at a later time, hence a slightly later update (it's nov. 2 where i'm at). anyways~
 
thank you to those who upvoted and the 116 subs! you guys make me want to cry ;u; » genieprincess, yyj_jdh, yelrihs36, nazijunk, narjessr, unknown09, heartz6, notappropriate, efeline, wybielacz, i-love-exo
 
goodness, there are some interesting usernames, haha :)
leave me your thoughts and whatever you want :) i'll try and respond to each comment!
-catalyst