「 finding your calling 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
“So,” D.O. started off slowly, looking up to Kai next to him as they all walked down to the kitchen to get some food, “Why are we following them?”
 
Kai didn’t let up on his glare to the back of Chanyeol’s head. “Because I don’t trust that fire user with my best friend.”
 
“Shouldn’t it be the other way around?”
 
The other furrowed his brows in confusion, tilting his head slightly to eye D.O, “What?”
 
The earth user smiled, shaking his head, “Nothing.”
 
“How did they become this close that fast?” Kai muttered, going back to glaring at Chanyeol and taking note of the way Sehun’s soft laugh echoed throughout the hallway, “I don’t like it.”
 
D.O. smiled softly at the sight in front of him, a sudden thought invading his mind. He looked up through the corners of his eyes at Kai, teasing smile in place now, “Have you ever heard of a ‘calling?’”
 
“A what?” Kai asked, looking away from Chanyeol to look down at the other, “A ‘calling?’ What is that? Like calling somebody to get you something?”
 
D.O. just stared at him before he let out a soft, “No, not at all,” not mentioning that he just witnessed Chanyeol look back at them before quickly grabbing Sehun’s hand and taking off down a different hallway, stifled laughter left in their place, “So, you don’t know what it is.”
 
Kai rolled his eyes, “No, I don’t. Please enlighten me, soldier.”
 
“Yes, sir, warrior,” D.O. playfully said, causing Kai to blush, “Well, it’s easier to display than explain. But I’ll try,” He hummed, looking up in thought as they reached the stairway, pausing a bit before continuing on their way, “Hmm. You feel a tug at your heart when you look into the eyes of the one you’re supposed to be with for the rest of your life.”
 
Kai stopped mid-step on the stairway to stare at the other, “That sounds scary.”
 
D.O. eyed the other then, “So, you’ve been with more than a few people in your life? You don’t want to settle down?”
 
Kai’s eyes widened at the accusation, “No, no!” He blushed, “Well, kinda.” He watched as D.O. raised a brow at him imploringly, “But I’d want to settle down some time!”
 
“So, not now?”
 
The other spluttered, face now a ripe red as he tried to salvage himself, “I’d settle down now!”
 
“But you’ve been with more than a few people in your life. So, you don’t know what you want.”
 
“That’s not what I said!”
 
“It was implied.”
 
“No, it wasn’t!” Kai whined, look of frustration on his face.
 
And then D.O. stared at him, before bursting into laughter and clutching onto the stair railing to keep himself from falling down the deathtrap of a staircase.
 
Kai started freaking out internally, “What?! What’s so funny?!” Then he realized the mirth dancing in the earth user’s eyes and the playful, full heart-shaped smile on the other’s lips. His mouth fell open in surprise, “You were teasing me!”
 
The other waved a hand in the air, “I wasn’t exactly teasing you.” He wiped a tear from the corner of his eye as he kept chuckling, “You’re just somewhat cute flustered.”
 
Kai blushed, pout forming on his lips as he turned away from the other and continued to walk down the stairs, “You’re mean.”
 
D.O. laughed some more, watching as the other went down a few more steps before following after him, “I’m not mean.”
 
“Yes, you are,” came the childish reply.
 
“Oh, come back here, Kai,” the other smiled happily, quickly catching up to the other to see him pause at the end of the staircase, “What is it, Kai?”
 
Kai’s face whitened as he slowly turned to the other who finally got off the last step, “Where’s Sehun and Chanyeol?”
 
D.O. feigned innocence, “Oh? I thought they were in front of us.”
 
Kai frowned, quickly running down the hall in front of them, “Stop teasing me!”
 
“They’re fine, Kai!” D.O. shouted out, running after him, laughing as the other’s head kept turning every which way to find his best friend, “You should put more trust in Chanyeol!”
 
Kai suddenly stopped and turned, a serious look on his face despite his slightly harsh breathing, “No,” causing D.O. to laugh some more and Kai to whine, “Stop it!”
 
D.O. just kept laughing, following after the other, “Come on, Kai. He’s really not that bad.”
 
“That’s what you say,” the other shouted back, completely panic-stricken now, “But I don’t know him, and that’s not good!”
 
“Kai – Kai!” the earth user shouted out, stopping in his tracks to stomp on the ground and having a pillar suddenly fly up in front of the other, causing him to smack his forehead on the hard surface. His eyes widened in surprise, “Oh.”
 
Kai immediately groaned, stumbling backwards as he closed his eyes and held onto his head, “Dear spirits.”
 
“I’m so sorry,” D.O. breathed out, slamming his palm down to make the pillar go back into the earth and smooth it out as he made his way to Kai. He ran to try and catch the other from falling, “I didn’t think you’d run straight into it.”
 
Oh my spirits,” Kai groaned out again, stumbling backwards before almost falling on his , “That really hurt.”
 
D.O. quickly eyed the damage he created. He’s pretty sure Baekhyun can just patch the tile back up together. He looked back to Kai as he tried to hold him up, “Are you okay?” He winced at the red blotch in the middle of Kai’s forehead.
 
Kai sighed, squeezing his eyes shut as he gently touched his forehead, “Yeah. Yeah, I’ll be fine.” He groaned again at the sudden course of pain through his head.
 
“Maybe we should take you to Lay,” the other softly suggested, looking around to see a maid walking down the hall towards them, “Come, Kai. Let’s go back upstairs.”
 
Simply nodding, Kai grumbled while turning around, “You’re mean.”
 
D.O. softly laughed, looking up at the other’s side profile, “No, I’m not.”
 
Kai glared at him, an even more obvious red spot in the middle of his forehead, “Yes. Yes, you are.” The earth user playfully glared back at him, challenging him with his eyes as they slowly made their way back to the staircase. Kai didn’t back down, trusting the other that nothing was in front of him to trip on, even though the other already basically attacked him, until he started seeing small brown flecks invade the other’s irises. His glare turned into a look of confusion, softly asking, “D.O?”
 
With Kai, D.O. was almost sure that the other’s irises were getting darker. He raised a brow at him, stopping their walk, “Are you going to teleport?”
 
The other shook his head the slightest bit, not wanting to break eye contact with him, “No. Are you about to attack me with more earth?”
 
“What?” D.O. questioned, completely confused, “No? I already hurt you, right? Not on purpose, by the way. Why would I intentionally hurt you this time?”
 
Kai just gave him a look, finally turning away to start walking again, “Right. I’m pretty sure that was on purpose.”
 
“You have a huge splotch on your forehead,” the earth user commented lightly, reaching out a hand to poke the injured area.
 
Kai flinched, turning to look back at him, “Stop that.” He noticed the other’s eyes were still speckled with brown flecks, “Your irises have that terracotta color sprinkled in.”
 
“What?” D.O. breathed out, even more confused, “You know the specific shade?”
 
“Need to for my power.” The elder made them stop again, causing Kai to whine, “But my best friend!” and then groan at the sudden pain surging through his head.
 
“Shh,” D.O. cut off shortly, grabbing Kai’s chin and turning his head to face him, “Look into my eyes.”
 
Kai scowled, “Why are we being all cheesy all of a sudden?”
 
The other rolled his eyes, “Shut up, and stare.” He watched as the other obeyed anyways, looking into his eyes. He leaned in a bit closer, searching the other’s eyes to notice that Kai’s eyes seemed darker in random parts of his irises, black amongst the dark brown. His eyes widened as he quickly backed up and looked away.
 
Kai tilted his head to the side in confusion, following after the other once the elder started to move again, “What is it?”
 
“Nothing,” D.O. squeaked out, quickly reaching the original staircase, “Come on. I think I know where Sehun is.”
 
The other frowned, following after him before giving in to the urge to find his best friend, slowly becoming calmer because of his headache, “Where is he?”
 
“Probably alone with Chanyeol in a dark corner doing some… questionable things.”
 
Kai’s eyes widened, heart rate rapidly increasing in panic, “What?!” He grunted at the sudden pain, “Stop making my head hurt worse!”
 
xxx
 
Sehun laughed as Chanyeol brought him down another hallway before they stopped to catch their breaths. He smiled up at the other who gave him a full smile back, “Why did you do that?”
 
“Do what?” the other asked, looking around to see where they were before smiling and making his way for a familiar room he hadn’t been to in a while. He smiled when he felt Sehun lace their fingers together.
 
“Pull me away from Kai and D.O?” Sehun questioned, looking around the hallways to see various pictures of whom he assumed were royalty plus one picture of Lay. He raised a brow but didn’t question it, yet.
 
Chanyeol shrugged, “Kai kept glaring at me.” They turned down another hall before walking up to a room.
 
“He’s just protective of me,” Sehun reasoned, looking back in front of him to see Chanyeol reaching out his free hand, a blue spark of fire lighting up his thumb, before pushing it against the pad above the doorknob. He stared at it in curiosity, “What are you doing?”
 
Chanyeol just smiled, waiting for the temperature lock to click out of place before opening the door and leading Sehun in, “Opening up my study.”
 
The wind user gaped at him, “You have a study?”
 
The other nodded, closing the door behind them and hearing the lock click back into place, “It’s for strategizing.” He let go of the other’s hand, moving forward to blow some dust off of the desk in the center back of the room, “We haven’t needed to plan for anything lately, so I haven’t been here in a while.” He turned back around to lean against his desk to see Sehun already making his way through the bookshelves one by one. “Usually, I’d work with Luhan to come up with plans, but sometimes I just like to think of random strategies by myself.” He noticed how Sehun shuddered when he said his best friend’s name and raised a brow, “What did Luhan do to you?”
 
Sehun frowned, in the midst of picking out a book, before softly saying, “He almost killed me.”
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widened, sudden pain flowing through his chest, “What?”
 
Sehun gently shook his head, taking the book and opening it up to read a few sentences of it, “It’s okay.”
 
The fire user frowned, watching as Sehun closed the book again and returned it to its rightful place, moving on over to the next shelf and repeating the process again with a book that caught his eye. He didn’t understand why he felt a sudden ache all of a sudden. He continued to eye the text before he recognized the cover, chuckling softly, “That’s the book I stole from the library.”
 
Sehun’s eyes widened as he looked up at him, “What? You stole?”
 
“I thought those from the Land of Night are evil and terrible,” Chanyeol laughed, moving and walking over to gently grab the book out of the wind user’s hands, “You seem much more innocent than I’d have anticipated.”
 
Sehun pouted, looking away from him and going to the other’s desk instead to sit in the plush chair behind it, “I’m not that innocent.”
 
Chanyeol smiled at the other’s defiant statement, “This book tells of a legend from long ago, saying how there were twelve men with different powers that kept increasing as time passed,” he started to flip through the book slowly, “There was peace throughout the lands because of them. Two of those men seemed to have a more special power than the rest, but that didn’t stop any of them from becoming envious of each other.” Sehun bit his lip as he stared at the fire user, the story sounding vaguely familiar. “One day, the twelve men just disappeared. Nobody could find them, and their legend faded. But since nothing seemed to change, the citizens of that time believed they were still being watched over somehow, despite the wars and battles that continuously broke out.” He smiled softly, closing the book and putting it back in its place on the shelf, “I was excited to find this hidden book a long time ago.”
 
Sehun smiled at the gentle look he saw on Chanyeol’s face before shifting his gaze down to see an old picture of young teenagers on the desk. His smile brightened, seeing Chanyeol’s bright smile, Luhan’s toothy grin, Lay’s annoyed look, D.O’s heart-shaped smile, Baekhyun’s laughing face, and another man’s bright grin with seemingly closed eyes all huddled up together surrounding Lay. He timidly reached out and gently grabbed the picture – Chanyeol seemed a lot shorter back then.
 
The fire user stared at his shelf a bit longer before turning to see why Sehun was so quiet. His eyes widened at seeing the wind user gently holding up his picture frame before slowly making his way over to him. He walked behind him and leaned down, smiling at the old-time picture, “Everything was much simpler back then.”
 
“You were shorter here,” Sehun commented back, eyes turning into crescents as he tilted his head back to look at the other, “You all look cute.”
 
Chanyeol laughed, leaning back and shrugging, “I’m always cute.” He laughed some more when Sehun just stared at him, “I’m kidding.”
 
Sehun shrugged after a while, small smile on his lips, “Well, I think I’m cuter than your definition of cute.”
 
“This isn’t going to go anywhere,” Chanyeol playfully stated, smile bright as he gently tugged Sehun on the arm to stand up before sliding himself behind him to sit on his chair. Sehun looked back at him with wide eyes as he chuckled, patting his lap, “I won’t hurt.”
 
Sehun looked at him warily, searching his eyes as wind started to whip about in the room without his direct consent. He took in a sharp breath when Chanyeol blinked once and burnt orange eyes stared back up at him instead, the wind he was controlling forcing the window open next to them and letting all the dust out. He fell back onto Chanyeol’s warm lap, eyes a fuchsia color as he just continued to stare into his.
 
Chanyeol smiled happily at him, snaking his arms around Sehun’s waist to pull him back more and causing the younger to turn back around to avoid an awkward neck angle. “See?” he whispered, leaning forward to put his chin on Sehun’s shoulder before reaching out to grab a notebook, “It wasn’t that hard.”
 
Sehun’s heart kept beating faster with how close he was to the fire user, numbly looking down to see one arm wrapped protectively around his waist as Chanyeol tried to read over his shoulder.
 
“Do you want me to teach you a tactic? I actually found this one for a wind user we used to have a long time ago before she passed to old age,” Chanyeol softly said, flipping through the notebook until he found the page he was looking for, “It’ll guarantee you your life if not win the battle.”
 
Sehun looked away from the arm to look at the side of Chanyeol’s face, a flush creeping up his cheeks when Chanyeol turned to look at him out of the corners of his eyes, now bright specks of burnt orange littering his irises. His eyes turned into crescents, fuchsia irises peeking through, before he nodded, “Sure.”
 
Chanyeol smiled brightly at him, scooting their chair closer to the desk to get a better look at the moves displayed on the piece of paper, “Okay.” He lightly flinched when Sehun’s hand unexpectedly came to twine his fingers with his own hand still wrapped around the younger’s waist. His smile softened, feeling Sehun lean back into him as he continued, “So, first off…”
 
xxx
 
“D.O!” Kai screeched, going back down a hallway after taking a wrong turn upstairs, “Where are they?!”
 
Miraculously, his panic and hyperventilating state of mind healed his previous headache, or more likely masked it, if the earth user had to guess. “Calm down, Kai,” D.O. laughed, continuing to run after him, “They won’t do anything. I promise.”
 
“You don’t know that!” the other shrieked back, “Sehun’s still an innocent young man!”
 
“What are you?” D.O. commented, raising a brow, “His mother? Oof!” He ran into Kai as he suddenly stopped his movements.
 
“You know what?” Kai muttered, eyes turning completely onyx before closing his eyes, “I’m just going to teleport to him.” D.O’s eyes widened before he tackled him to the ground, “Ow!
 
D.O. let up on him some, allowing him to turn back and eye him, and glared, “You’re going to cause everyone who sees you a heart attack and threaten and maybe maim you.”
 
Kai’s eyes widened before they softened, whining, “But my best friend!”
 
The other rolled his eyes, getting off of him so he can sit up on the floor, “Do you want me to give you another bruise?”
 
“D.O!”
 
D.O. sighed, “Fine. I’ll bring you to him.”
 
The smile on the other’s face lit up D.O’s own the slightest bit, “Thank you, D.O!”
 
He rolled his eyes again, grabbing his arm and leading them down the hallway they initially all separated from, “Yeah, yeah.” Now, he just had to figure out where the other two users actually went. It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. He hoped. For Kai’s sake.
 
xxx
 
Baekhyun pouted, walking up and down the halls. He couldn’t find Kai, D.O, Chanyeol, or Sehun. “I’m supposed to check up on you,” he sang out frustrated, looking around until he saw what looked like a flash of Chanyeol and Sehun running past the hallway he was in before sighing, “I bet that wasn’t even them.” Why would they already be together so fast?
 
He acknowledged and ignored some butlers as he turned down a different hallway, “Maybe I should go back upstairs?” He sighed, turning back on his heels to go back to Tao, “That sounds like a good idea.”
 
“Are you talking to yourself?” D.O. suddenly questioned, scaring Baekhyun into almost attacking him.
 
“Don’t do that!” the other hissed out. His eyes naturally shifted down to where he saw D.O. gripping Kai’s forearm and raised a brow at them.
 
D.O. shrugged, continuing to hold onto him as he brought him down the hallway, expecting Baekhyun to follow him, “He’s freaking out because Chanyeol abducted his best friend.”
 
“I’m not freaking out!” Kai suddenly exclaimed, flailing a bit and causing the earth user to tighten his hold on his arm. Tears started to brim the corners of his eyes, “I have a good reason to freak out! It’s not just random!
 
“What in the world?” Baekhyun questioned, completely bewildered as he followed after them. He looked to his friend, “Is he going through a mental breakdown?”
 
“I might as well be!
 
“Chill,” D.O. breathed out, stopping to look back at Baekhyun, “Any idea where Chanyeol would be?”
 
Baekhyun looked back to eye Kai who kept frantically looking up and down the halls before shrugging, “His office?”
 
D.O’s eyes widened in realization, gasping out, “His office!” before turning back around to go the way he knew led to the other’s office.
 
“What office?!”
 
“Be quiet.”
 
“But D.O!”
 
Baekhyun simply continued to follow them, completely intrigued with the teleportation user’s erratic behavior, “Well… I guess they’re okay.”
 
xxx
 
Lay quietly opened the door to Luhan’s room, peeking his head in to see the other completely covered in his blanket all the way up to his hair. He softly laughed before walking in and closing the door behind him. He tried to stay as quiet as he could, turning back around and tiptoeing his way to the edge of the bed before taking off his shoes and ever so slowly removing the blanket on top of Luhan.
 
Once he settled in gently beside the other, he let out a relieved sigh, only to yelp when Luhan suddenly pounced on top of him. His eyes widened in complete shock, “Lu-”
 
The other instantly leaned down, bright smile on his face that showed the crinkles in his eyes, before kissing Lay on the lips. He hummed happily, feeling the healer respond back instantly, as they languidly moved their lips together.
 
When they finally separated after a few minutes, they were both panting lightly, a giddy smile on each of their faces. “Luhan?” Lay whispered, staying still but relaxed as the other stayed half on top of him, “What was that for?
 
Luhan’s smile softened, continuing to look down into the other’s eyes, “How’s Suho?” Lay’s eyes widened the slightest bit before shifting his gaze away from the other. He bit his lip uncertainly as he felt the other move a bit more on top of him before he felt an unusually calloused hand touch his cheek to face him again. Luhan leaned back down and gave him another gentle kiss before moving back to lie down next to him, “Is he okay?”
 
Lay softly sighed, eyes following the other’s movements before cuddling into the other, “He’s fine. He was just dehydrated.”
 
“So, water healed a water user,” the other deadpanned, earning a light laugh from Lay.
 
“Yes, water healed a water user, Luhan.”
 
Luhan smiled softly, closing his eyes and pulling the other closer to him before deeply inhaling the other’s minty scent, “Well, I guess, that’s good.”
 
Lay nodded against the other’s chest, letting out a tired sigh before completely relaxing against him, “Can I nap here, Luhan?”
 
“Of course,” the elder whispered, opening one eye slightly to look down at Lay’s blonde-colored hair. He smiled softly, “Are you planning on coloring your hair again?”
 
The other pouted, “Stop reading my mind.”
 
“Light brown will be good on you,” the telekinesis user mumbled back, moving to lie on his back instead, the younger following his movements, “Maybe even with a copper tint to it.”
 
“I like yours silverish with lavender tips,” Lay softly commented, tilting his head up to eye the other’s hair, “That will look good on you.”
 
Luhan smiled, shrugging, “We’ll see.”
 
“I was supposed to question Baekhyun if it was alright the wind user could go visit Suho in Tao’s room,” the other softly murmured, “But I came straight here instead.”
 
The telekinesis user sighed softly, nodding, “I’ll ask Baekhyun in a few minutes.”
 
“Do you still dislike them?”
 
“I can’t say I do right now,” Luhan softly answered, not questioning or knowing where they stand at all right now in their relationship. An afterthought occurred, “You could overrule Baekhyun and accept Suho’s request to see the wind user.”
 
“But it has to do with Tao,” the healer mumbled, “I don’t want Baekhyun to become upset or worried over my personal opinion and choice.”
 
Luhan hummed fondly, restating what everybody already knew, “You always think about others too often.” It was a good trait to have anyways since he was royalty.
 
A few silent minutes passed by, assuming the younger was thinking more about his decision for Suho and Tao with the wind user. “Can I stay here, Luhan?” Lay whispered again, instead slowly falling asleep, “I feel safe again.”
 
Luhan’s heart swelled at the soft confession, a small smile adorning his lips. He tilted his head and nuzzled his nose on top of the other’s crown, sudden affection taking over his entire body, “Always, Lay.”
 
xxx
 
“I’m so bored,” Chen muttered out, creating a small strike of lightning and making it bounce around on his fingertips, “So, so bored.”
 
“We know,” the other two grunted out.
 
Kris sighed as he tried to cradle his injured wing, some of the dead black feathers already falling off to make room for new ones since the others couldn’t be healed in time. Xiumin softly sang as he created ice structures and designs on the walls before clenching his hand to have it all break with a snap so he could start all over again.
 
Chen frowned, holding both his hands up with palms facing each other before creating a small electricity show in front of him, “So bored.”
 
“I wonder if Suho and Kai were like you when they were in here,” Xiumin wondered aloud, continuing his own actions.
 
Dammit,” Kris grunted out, wincing as he plucked one of the black feathers off of his wing, “I should be healed in another day. Whatever a day is around here.”
 
“What to do,” Chen mumbled, stopping his power to lie back on the ground as comfortably as he could before continuing his lightning show, singing out, “What – to do.”
 
Xiumin sighed, following the lightning user’s movements and lying down on the floor next to the bars before frosting the ceiling this time, “I bet Kai didn’t even stay in here this long anyways.”
 
Kris groaned leaning back against a wall and closing his eyes, “Maybe I’ll heal faster if I sleep.”
 
“So bored.”
 
“I bet Kai and Sehun are being treated like guests instead of enemies… although I guess that’s a good thing.”
 
“Earth is so uncomfortable.”
 
The lightning user raised a brow suddenly, picking his head up and looking to his two friends, “Were you two talking to me?”
 
The other two shrugged back in return, going back to mumbling to themselves, “Not really.”
 
Chen just stared back at them before shrugging himself and going back to his own thing, “I wonder what the others are doing, and where their healer is.” He pouted, “And Suho.”
 
xxx
 
Chanyeol paused in silently reading some old strategies when he heard a soft knock on his door. He raised a brow before looking down in his lap to see Sehun still sleeping peacefully. The younger dozed off earlier when he started using words the other probably didn’t even understand. He frowned. He really didn’t want to wake him.
 
He furrowed his brows when a loud bang resulted against the door, repetitive knocks pounding on it afterwards. He scowled, suddenly hearing Kai’s panicked voice through the door, “My best friend is in there?! A locked room with Chanyeol?!
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes, heating up the hand not currently still laced with Sehun’s before reaching under his desk and letting his handprint sink in with the high temperature on the pad located underneath. He waited until he heard the locks click out of place and then removed his hand, watching as D.O. opened the door, rolling his eyes at Kai’s dramatic behavior.
 
“Would you keep quiet? Nothing is going- oh.”
 
“Wow,” Baekhyun commented, peeking over Kai’s shoulder, “That fast, huh?”
 
“Sehunnie?!” Kai exclaimed out, eyes widening as he ran forward and slammed his hands down on Chanyeol’s desk before turning to glare at him, “What did you do to him?!”
 
Chanyeol’s eyebrow twitched before he glared back, hissing, “Would you shut up?! Don’t wake him!
 
Kai glared back at him, opening his mouth to say something in return when he and Chanyeol froze, hearing the door close behind Baekhyun, and Sehun start to move and whine on the fire user’s lap. “Chanyeol?” Sehun murmured, eyebrows furrowing as he kept his eyes closed and moved in closer to nuzzle his face in the other’s neck, “So loud.”
 
Kai’s and Baekhyun’s mouth fell open as D.O’s eyes widened in complete surprise. “What?” they all whispered, waiting for Sehun to go back to sleep before shifting their gaze to Chanyeol who was just softly humming, not looking at the others.
 
Gulping away the shock, Kai tried saying something only to be completely speechless. Baekhyun lifted up a hand with utmost difficulty before he suddenly smacked D.O. on the back. “Ow!” the earth user hissed, snapping out of his shock to turn back to his friend, “What?!
 
Baekhyun bit his lip, not removing his eyes from his friend before softly asking, “Chanyeol,” he watched as the other shifted his gaze to him, “Is he your calling?
 
Kai turned back to him confused before looking to Chanyeol whose eyes widened in surprise, “My what?
 
The teleportation user looked away from the other to stare down at his best friend. “Sehunnie?” he questioned softly, not knowing what to say or exactly do.
 
D.O. quickly understood, walking forward to gently grab Kai on the arm and pull him back some, “Your calling, Chanyeol.” He eyed Sehun before looking into his friend’s eyes, “He is, isn’t he?”
 
Chanyeol just kept staring at them before gently laying his head on top of Sehun’s, small smile in place at finally understanding, “He might be.”
 
Kai bit his lip, watching the sweet scene in front of him, “But… Sehunnie…”
 
Baekhyun looked between all of them, noticing D.O’s grip tighten the slightest bit on Kai’s arm, before softly saying, “Chanyeol, let’s bring him into the common room so he can sleep more comfortably.”
 
The other frowned, tightening his hold around Sehun, “I don’t want him around Kai without my presence.”
 
“Like I would do anything,” Kai muttered out, rolling his eyes.
 
“Just come,” Baekhyun demanded, going back to the door to exit the room, “His back might hurt later.”
 
Chanyeol pouted, realizing the other was right. He tried to move but looked down to Sehun who just shuffled to try and get closer to him again. Lightly sighing at the sight, he let out a fond smile, shifting around until he could carry the other bridal-style in his arms.
 
Kai frowned as D.O. held him back so they could pass them. He looked down to the other when he felt him tugging on his arm, “What?”
 
The earth user gave him a bright smile, “Aren’t they cute together?”
 
He scowled, following after them and hearing the door lock shut behind them and Baekhyun, “No.” Although they kinda really did look cute together. He hadn’t seen his best friend become so open and friendly so fast with someone before, even with the rest of the warriors. He and Chen were the only ones who he instantly trusted at first sight when they first met. He pouted at the sight, “Not at all.” He watched as Baekhyun ran past them to catch up to the other two and simply pouted some more, “My best friend.”
 
Baekhyun watched with curious eyes as he immediately caught up to his friend, instantly slowing down his jog to stay in step with the other’s longer strides. He looked up at him before shifting his gaze to Sehun’s sleeping face, “How does it feel?”
 
Chanyeol raised a brow, looking to him confused, “How does what feel?”
 
“Finding your calling.”
 
A soft, genuine smile made its way onto the fire user’s face as he looked back down to Sehun, “Kinda awesome, Baek.” He gently sighed, warming up his body the slightest bit when he felt Sehun shiver against him. “I just want to protect him forever.” He relished in the soft sigh that escaped the wind user’s mouth when he snuggled in closer to him for the warmth.
 
Baekhyun smiled wistfully, letting his gaze linger on Sehun before looking behind him to look at Kai and D.O, “That’s a nice feeling to have.” He looked back to Chanyeol and Sehun next to him. He wondered if it’d happen to him and Tao some day. He hoped it would.
 

a/n: the chanhun and kaisoo in this! ;u; the next update will probably be on friday, nov. 1st. :3
-catalyst