「 strange phenomena 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Lay ran with D.O. as they playfully held hands and laughed before making their way towards the stairway. Kai smiled fondly at them as he looked to Suho next to him, “So, you’re okay with Sehun finding his calling in a Day soldier?” Luhan trailed behind them, watching with affection as Lay laughed and talked to D.O ahead of them.
 
The water user looked up at him, thinking about it before sighing. He shrugged, “You can’t help who you connect with.”
 
“I guess that’s true,” Kai mumbled in return, looking back to D.O. to still hear him laughing with Lay. A fond look entered his eyes at the sight.
 
Suho continued to stare at him curiously before looking back to D.O, and then looking back to his friend, easily connecting the dots. He smiled serenely at them before hearing a woman’s shout behind them, causing both he and Kai to freeze on the spot.
 
“Lay!” the queen shouted out, causing all of them to spin around at the voice, Luhan immediately activating another of his skills.
 
Lay’s eyes widened as he looked to Luhan behind Kai and Suho, “Yes, queen?” He watched as Luhan discreetly nodded at him before looking to his mother, “What is it you need?”
 
The queen looked at them curiously, pretty sure she just saw two other men with them before walking past Luhan to go up to Lay, Suho and Kai quickly shuffling closer towards the wall away from her, “I would like to speak with you.” She turned back around to Luhan, “He may join as well.” She looked back to Lay before glaring at D.O, “He on the other hand-”
 
Lay stepped forward, putting an arm in front of his friend, “You will not harm him anymore, mother.”
 
Kai’s and Suho’s eyes widened, looking back to Luhan who put a finger up to his mouth signaling for them to stay quiet. They both nodded, although severely confused, before looking back to the others.
 
“I was only trying to protect my kingdom,” the queen stated, watching as D.O. kept an impassive face towards her. She scowled at his attitude, “He knows something.”
 
“Then I will tell you all you need to know,” Lay informed, “He has told me everything. I will relay any information you wish to you.”
 
The queen huffed, crossing her arms in front of her chest, “Will this be the first time you will tell me the truth?”
 
Lay smirked back at her, “When have I lied, mother?”
 
Anger flashed in her eyes as she immediately used her power and took out her own forearm as weapon. Kai and Suho silently gasped as Luhan ran past them, whispering to them, “Bring the prisoners to the common room.” Lay held his ground as D.O. fell into a stance behind him, ready to attack. “You insufferable brat,” the queen growled out, holding out her arm to slash at him when Luhan moved in front and crouched, erecting a forcefield in front of them. Her eyes widened, “Luhan.”
 
“Queen,” Luhan greeted, bowing his head politely, “Please, you know your son is thinking of his kingdom as well. He will not lie to you about the safety of those he cares about.”
 
“He needs to remember his manners,” the queen harshly said, pulling her arm back so Luhan could stand up properly, “It seems he has forgotten them.”
 
“He has grown as all men have,” Luhan responded back, keeping up his strong demeanor, “He knows how to effectively protect his kingdom and has been doing so properly for the last few years since our king has passed.”
 
The queen eyed him before looking to Lay, “He is taking extra care in protecting you once again.”
 
Lay nodded as Luhan steadied his gaze on the queen, “He has never stopped, mother. You know that.”
 
“This is different, Lay,” the queen muttered, taking a step back to eye the two some more, “Explain to me.” Lay shifted his gaze to Kai and then Suho, who remained still as they witnessed everything. The queen noticed his gaze before turning around to see nothing there, “What are you looking at, Lay?” The two Night warriors looked at her confused before shifting their gazes back to the other.
 
“Nothing, mother,” Lay immediately said, looking back to her and giving her a polite, dimpled smile.
 
“Luhan,” the queen addressed instead after searching her son’s eyes to find nothing in them, “Explain.”
 
Luhan let out a soft sigh, looking into her eyes gently, “Lay and I are together again.”
 
Everybody’s eyes widened except for the two users mentioned. D.O. looked from his friends in front of him to Kai and Suho who looked completely shocked. “You are?” the queen questioned, a happy expression slowly taking over her face as she returned her forearm into her body. She looked away from Luhan to Lay who gave a single nod to her. She smiled brightly at them, “Splendid!” She looked to D.O, eyes hardening once more, before gesturing to Luhan and Lay to follow after her to go into her office, “Follow me. I have matters I want to discuss with the both of you.”
 
Lay and Luhan nodded, the latter turning to put a hand on the small of Lay’s back as he escorted him after his mother. The former looked behind him to D.O, trying to communicate with him with his eyes. The earth user just looked at him confused, looking from them to the Night warriors.
 
The healer and telekinesis users both turned to look at Kai and Suho after, Luhan nodding to them before disappearing down another hallway after the queen. They looked after him, confused, before turning to D.O. and running for him. “What just happened?” Kai whispered, grabbing D.O’s hand to start running down the hall away from them, “Luhan told us to bring the prisoners to the common room.”
 
“He did?” D.O. asked, looking to Suho who nodded.
 
“He whispered it to us as he ran for Lay.” His heart ached a bit at the newfound information. “Are they really together?” He watched as they came to a stop after running down more stairs, D.O. quickly opening up a passageway before ushering the other two inside so he could close it back up.
 
D.O. looked to both of them, eyeing each of them before mumbling, “Luhan protected you.”
 
“What?” Kai asked, completely surprised, “He did?”
 
The earth user nodded, walking between them to go to the prisoners’ cell, “He shielded you from the queen, invading her mind so she didn’t see you two at all.”
 
Kai and Suho looked to each other, brows furrowing before following the other. “Why would he protect us?” the latter questioned softly, eyes widening at seeing Chen sleeping on the floor next to Xiumin, who was running his fingers through his hair absentmindedly, “Xiumin? Chen?”
 
He knows you two are important to Lay,” D.O. mumbled as he brought down the bars, “Lay requested you three come with us to the common room.”
 
“What?” Kris mumbled, waking up again after having finally dozed off.
 
Kai looked to them and nodded, “Hurry up, please.”
 
“Chen is sleeping,” Xiumin mumbled, not looking away from the other.
 
D.O. looked to Kai then, “Can you teleport with him? Will he get sick?”
 
Kai bit his lip as Xiumin finally looked up at him, “What’s going on?” He stood up as Kris followed him with his eyes, “Why do you want us moved?” He finally noticed Suho, eyes widening, “Suho?”
 
The other waved back, going up to him and giving him a quick hug, “I’m glad to see all of you safe.” He eyed Kris who smiled at him and gave a nod back, “You too, Kris.”
 
“Chen will be glad to see you when he wakes,” Kris mumbled, trying to stand up without hurting his wing too much. He smiled down fondly at the sleeping lightning user, “He’s been worrying about you ever since you left.”
 
“Really?” Suho asked, quickly going over to help him stand up. He flinched when he noticed the plucked feathers on the ground and the bald spot on the injured wing, “What happened?”
 
Kris frowned, glaring at D.O, “The light user knocked me down.”
 
D.O. shrugged before going back to the entrance, opening up a small hole to peek out of it to make sure the hallway was clear. Kai sighed, looking to Chen, “I can teleport with Kris or Chen.”
 
“Take Chen with you,” Kris and Xiumin stated at the same time, looking to Kai. “I want to make sure he stays safe,” the latter mumbled, looking back down to stare at Chen a bit more, “We’ll meet you wherever this common room is.”
 
“We need to be quick about it,” D.O. mumbled, walking back towards them, “We’ll wait for Lay in the common room so he can heal your flight user.”
 
“Where’s Sehun?” Kris questioned, looking to Kai who gave him a smile.
 
“He’s safe. Don’t worry. He’ll be there too.”
 
Xiumin looked at all of them worriedly before bending down and picking up Chen bridal-style. He waited for the younger to re-situate himself against him before handing him to Kai. He gave the other an unsure smile, “I don’t think he gets sick.”
 
“You’ve all teleported with me at least once or twice before,” Kai responded back, making sure Chen was safe in his arms before looking to their other friends and nodding to them. He looked to D.O, “Same one as before?”
 
The other nodded, smiling softly at him, “Go. We’ll be there shortly.”
 
Kai nodded at him, blinking onyx eyes before he closed them, “Bring them there safely, D.O,” and then disappearing in a mist of black smoke.
 
D.O. continued to smile before looking to the others, “Are you okay enough to move, flight user?”
 
Kris nodded, wanting to make sure Kai, Chen, and Sehun were safe, “Let’s go.”
 
xxx
 
“Sehun!” Chanyeol gasped out, falling backwards when the other suddenly sprang forwards on the bed to get a good look at Tao.
 
“Sorry,” Sehun mumbled offhandedly, watching curiously as Tao stopped talking to Baekhyun and stilled, eyes shifting grey again, “What is he doing?”
 
Chanyeol pushed himself off the ground before mimicking Sehun’s position of kneeling on the floor and leaning on the bed to look at Tao. He nodded as he looked to Baekhyun, “He’s having another vision.”
 
“He has visions?” Sehun questioned curiously, reaching out a hand and waving it back and forth in front of the other, “So, he can’t see us right now?”
 
“Nope.”
 
Baekhyun waited for a few minutes, reaching out a hand to gently cup Tao’s cheek, wondering why the vision was lasting a bit longer than usual. He softly rubbed his thumb on the other’s cheekbone, hearing Tao gasp before blinking away the grey color. He tilted his head in question, “Tao? What did you see?”
 
Tao looked at him suddenly, focusing on him before suddenly leaning forward and kissing him on the lips.
 
“What?!” Sehun and Chanyeol exclaimed, drawing out the question, as they fell backwards in shock at the sudden movement.
 
Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the sudden kiss, falling back down on the bed from the other’s force. He tried to pull away and talk to the other, only to squeak when Tao snuck his tongue into his mouth instead. He felt the younger try to coax his tongue out before he slowly gave in to the quick make-out session.
 
Chanyeol and Sehun blushed, watching the other two on the bed briefly before turning to each other, suddenly becoming very awkward. They stayed like that for a while until the younger suddenly yelped when he heard Baekhyun moan, jumping into Chanyeol’s lap and covering his ears. The elder really wanted to coo and enjoy the sight of a flustered Sehun, but he really thought this was enough, “Tao! Baekhyun! Stop it!”
 
The other two instantly broke apart, panting as they simply stared at each other. Tao’s eyes turned into happy crescents as he looked into his light user’s eyes. “We’re each other’s calling,” he whispered breathlessly, seeing lightning rod flecks swirling in the other’s eyes. He breathed out a happy sigh, flipping to land on his bed next to Baekhyun who was still shocked with what just happened.
 
The light user looked up at the ceiling for a few more minutes before turning his head to look at Tao, “That’s what your vision was about?”
 
Sehun peeked out from Chanyeol’s chest, looking at them curiously, “You have visions of kissing people?”
 
Tao laughed, still breathless, as he looked to Sehun, “Not usually.”
 
“Wait, wait,” Baekhyun called out, forcing Tao to look back at him by the chin. He noticed the swirling colors in the other’s eyes, a bright smile making its way onto his face, “You are impossible.”
 
He winked at him then, “I figured a kiss would speed up our relationship process.” He stared at him briefly again before he laughed, moving to peck him on the lips again. “My actual vision was of the flight user being healed by Lay in the common room the others have used in the past.”
 
“Wait, what?” Sehun breathed out, eyes wide, “They’re in there?”
 
Chanyeol growled, annoyance coming back tenfold at hearing the words ‘flight user,’ “Why is he in there?!”
 
Tao shrugged, “I am not sure.” He was in charge of seeing future events, not exactly how or why they were about to happen.
 
The other frowned, looking to Sehun in his lap before nudging the other off, “Let’s go see why they’re in there.”
 
Sehun’s eyes lit up for a different reason as he stood. “Really?” he asked hopefully, looking up to the other.
 
“Make sure they’re safe,” Baekhyun mumbled while cuddling up to Tao, “The queen might find them.”
 
Chanyeol nodded as he grabbed Sehun’s hand, quickly making their way out of the room, “Don’t do too much. We might need you, Baek.”
 
The other nodded, getting comfortable as Tao let him use his arm for a pillow, “Just call for me.”
 
xxx
 
“What is it you needed to talk to me about, mother?” Lay questioned as they finally made it into her office.
 
So straightforward with me,” the queen mumbled, turning around as Luhan closed the door behind them. She eyed each of them, “You have really made up?”
 
Lay nodded as Luhan came to stand slightly behind him obediently, “Yes, mother. Please, let us move on to what you wanted to discuss.”
 
The queen watched them, taking in their features and gestures before looking to her son, “Tell me all that you know of this supposed teleportation user. I have yet to see him as I have been busy.” She looked to Luhan then, “I am trusting you or Chanyeol is watching over him.”
 
Luhan nodded, leveling his stare with her, “I am.”
 
“Good,” she ended, turning to Lay, “Go on, son.”
 
Lay lightly scowled at her calling him that, “He is from the Land of Night, as you have known. He is a genuine warrior from his homeland.”
 
“Nobody from the Land of Night is genuine,” the queen mended, nodding to her son to continue and Lay to scowl even more.
 
“He managed to get through our defenses and land himself in our kingdom.”
 
“Now, why would he do that?” she looked to Luhan next, “You have not thrown him out yet.”
 
Luhan nodded, “Per one of Lay’s laws, each individual who enters our gates will be interrogated equally. We have decided to keep him prisoner until we have made a complete decision.”
 
The queen seemed to analyze each of them before saying thoughtfully, “We could use him to our advantage.”
 
“Mother, I wholeheartedly disapprove.”
 
The other eyed her son, sneering, “You were always one for peace.”
 
“I am a healer, mother. It is in my blood,” Lay deadpanned, glaring at the queen, “We will not use somebody else for our personal gains and wishes.”
 
The queen frowned at him before turning to Luhan, “Do you understand what I am thinking, Luhan? We may be able to conquer other lands and expand our kingdom with a teleportation user.”
 
“We may be able to,” Luhan agreed, causing Lay to snap his head towards him, “But I would rather we come to an agreement together before brashly making a decision.”
 
“Maybe you two should not have gotten back together,” the queen mumbled, watching as Luhan’s eyes hardened towards her, “But I will take the advice.” She looked to Lay, “We will discuss this with Baekhyun and Chanyeol as well. I do not trust the earth user.”
 
Lay and Luhan silently nodded, waiting for any more topics that needed to be discussed so they could leave. They’ve already done a great job imbedding the idea into the queen’s head that she was not to include Tao in much of their royal matters and discussions, only if the topic was severely important.
 
“I felt the earth shake earlier,” the queen mentioned, “Did you obtain new prisoners?”
 
The head guard nodded, “We will carry out Lay’s law and proceed with a proper interrogation for each one.”
 
“I could easily have your law overturned, Lay,” she commented, watching her son glare back at her.
 
“Since father was killed, I have attained rights that you cannot overrule.”
 
The queen scoffed, “He should have amended the rights and regulations before he passed.”
 
“Assassinated,” Lay corrected, eyeing her, “If this is all, we will be taking our leave.”
 
The queen glared at him before turning to Luhan, “We will discuss more later.”
 
“Not without my permission,” Lay ordered, staring back at her, “We are almost equal in power. You will not talk privately with Luhan without Chanyeol or I present.”
 
“Insufferable brat,” she spat out, about to attack him again when Luhan gave her a warning look.
 
“We will discuss our plans with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, and we will all come to a decision together.” He bowed to her politely before following Lay out the door, “Queen.”
 
The other scowled, watching as they left before turning to look out the window. She frowned. Her son must actually know something more. She needed to get Luhan alone.
 
Once outside, Luhan quickly caught up to Lay before wrapping a protective arm around his waist. He bit his lip, looking to his self-declared boyfriend, again, “Lay?”
 
“Something is wrong,” Lay mumbled, too lost in his own thoughts, before looking to the other, “Did you tell Kai and Suho about the prisoners?”
 
Luhan nodded, quickening their steps to get to the common room, “I did.”
 
The healer’s eyes widened, digging his feet into the ground to stop the other from walking any further, “You did?”
 
Luhan looked at him confused, being pulled back some so he was standing in front of the other, “Why not?”
 
“Why?”
 
The other’s eyes widened in realization before he gave a soft laugh, tilting his head to the side slightly in affection, “Because I knew it would make you happy.”
 
Lay’s eyes widened, completely shocked, before he smiled brightly at him, throwing his arms around the other’s neck for a hug. “You’re awesome, Lu,” he whispered, giggling when he felt Luhan’s arms wrap around his waist before picking him up slightly.
 
“Come on,” the other mumbled, pulling away to give him a quick kiss, “Let’s hurry up.”
 
xxx
 
Kris grunted as he finally made it into the room, turning to see D.O. closing the door quickly behind them and bending the metal on the door to block anybody else from opening it. He raised a brow in question. He’s never seen anybody manually move metal so easily before, especially without the need for fire.
 
“In case the queen comes in here,” the earth user answered before looking around for Kai. He let out a breath of relief when he saw the other sitting on the couch next to a still sleeping Chen, “Kai.”
 
The other smiled and nodded at him, instantly teleporting to stand next to him, “We’re okay.”
 
“She is really your queen?” Suho softly questioned, looking away from Xiumin to him, “Her power is gruesome.”
 
D.O. nodded, looking to him as Kai instinctively moved closer to him, “That is why I am trying to protect you.”
 
“Why?” Kris questioned, moving to stand next to the window to see what has been going on since they’ve been locked up. He raised a brow, “It’s still day?”
 
“It barely becomes night,” Kai answered, staying next to D.O, “I can’t tell when it turns a full day though unlike in our land.”
 
D.O. nodded, “It’s been at least two days since you arrived here.” He looked to Xiumin who moved over to Chen before looking back to Kris, “I am protecting you because I believe you are not evil.”
 
Kris and Xiumin looked to him surprised before looking to Kai and Suho. The latter two shrugged. “He is truly nice,” the water user commented as the teleportation user nodded, “He’s been helping us this whole time.”
 
“You have?” the ice user questioned, noticing Kai’s soft smile towards the earth user. He looked down to Chen who let out a soft snore. “Well, I am glad you are not planning on killing us any time soon.” he softly chuckled while carding his fingers through the younger’s hair.
 
Kai smiled at the sight before turning to Suho, “I told you.”
 
“Told me what?” the other asked back, quickly becoming confused.
 
The teleportation user shrugged, turning to D.O. to see if he easily caught on as well. The latter nodded, softly laughing, “It is painfully obvious you adore the lightning user, Xiumin.”
 
Kris sighed pitifully as Xiumin snapped his head towards the other, “What?”
 
“Oh,” Suho shortly said, laughing slightly and nodding in understanding.
 
D.O. laughed, looking to Kai, “How does the lightning user feel?”
 
The other shrugged, “I think he’s pretty conflicted.”
 
“Why are you talking about this?” Xiumin whined, moving to cover one of Chen’s ears since he was lying on his side, “He doesn’t need to know about my feelings.”
 
“Why not?” D.O. questioned curiously, hearing a knock on the door after someone tried to open it. He sharply looked back to the door before looking to the others who chose to remain silent. He pouted, eyeing Kai before seeing a crystal ball floating near him. His eyes naturally widened, staring at it, “Luhan?”
 
The four of us are out here, D.O. Open up.”
 
The warriors who were awake looked at the crystal ball amazed. “It can speak?” Kris questioned curiously before shifting his gaze to D.O. who fixed the metal back on the door and opened it. His mouth fell open at seeing Lay and Luhan walk in first before Sehun came in holding the hand of the annoying fire user, “Sehun?!”
 
Sehun flinched, instantly letting go of Chanyeol’s hand. He gave a nervous laugh before quickly going over to Kai and clutching onto his shirt, “Hi, Kris.”
 
“What’s going on?!”
 
“Don’t yell at him!” Chanyeol shouted back, causing Xiumin and Kris to jump in shock.
 
“What’s going on?” Chen mumbled, slowly waking up, only to hum appreciatively when he felt Xiumin still running his fingers through his hair, “That feels good, Xiu.”
 
Xiumin looked down at him surprised, still caught off-guard, before gently laughing, continuing his ministrations, “I think you want to stay awake for this, Chen.”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Do not yell at me!” Kris eventually shouted back, stalking up to the fire user the same time the other walked up to him, “What did you do to him?!”
 
“I did nothing, wings!”
 
“Last time I remembered, you had wings too!”
 
“Okay,” Lay murmured, ignoring their idiotic verbal fight as he got closer to Kris, “Please do not move too much so I may heal your wing properly.”
 
Kris flinched when he felt the other touch his injured wing, quickly turning his head towards him and breathing out a stream of fire in defense. His eyes widened and he suddenly choked when a hand shot out and grabbed his neck, “Wh-What?” He looked over to see the telekinesis user’s amethyst eyes glaring back at him.
 
Let him do his job, or so help me,” Luhan threatened, tightening his hold on the other. Kris simply glared back, his nose twitching in the midst of his snarl and causing Luhan’s eyes to narrow even more because of the small act.
 
Lay sighed, letting the other do as he wished before he quickly started healing the other’s wing, “Please don’t move…?”
 
“Kris,” Sehun supplied, looking to his other friends, “The ice user is Xiumin, and the lazy one sleeping is Chen.”
 
“I am not lazy,” Chen mumbled up, eventually sitting up, “This large couch is just a whole lot more comfortable than the hard ground earlier.”
 
“Sorry about that,” D.O. half-heartedly said, looking to Luhan who was in a glaring contest with Kris, “What did the queen do to you two?”
 
“Nothing,” Lay murmured, sudden memory flashes going through Kai’s and Suho’s minds, “Our sole mission now is to protect Kai.”
 
“And probably our other friend,” Luhan muttered, shifting his gaze to the earth user, “We need to converse with Baekhyun as well with the queen,” he looked to Chanyeol, “You as well.”
 
“Well,” Chanyeol spoke up, giving a slight nod in acceptance before moving over to Kai so he could be close to Sehun as well, “Baekhyun’s a bit too busy being too disgusting with the other.” Sehun looked up at Chanyeol worriedly, wondering why he needed to be included in the meeting as well.
 
“What?” Kai questioned, brows furrowing in confusion, “What do you mean ‘disgusting?’” He felt Sehun shudder behind him suddenly. He raised a brow while tilting his head back, “Sehun?”
 
You don’t want to know,” Sehun mumbled, sounding horrified and brows furrowing, causing Luhan to become curious and create a crystal ball connection to the other’s room.
 
The other held out his free hand, letting the crystal ball form before curiously leaning forward to take a closer look at it. Kris watched in fascination as the smaller man’s face slowly turned a light pink as his eyes widened. “Oh,” Luhan mumbled softly, quickly taking his crystal ball and throwing it to the nearby wall, causing everybody else in the room to jump at the sudden shatter, “I really didn’t want to see that.”
 
“What was it?” Lay murmured, still concentrating on finishing up Kris’ wing.
 
The flight user looked between the two of them, severely confused and curious, tilting his head slightly to hear Luhan murmur, “It looks like they are about to do what we have done in the past before.”
 
Lay paused his healing, looking to the other confused, “Do what now?”
 
You know,” Luhan trailed off, now seeming to try and communicate with the healer with his eyes.
 
Lay furrowed his brows, trying to understand when it finally hit him, “Oh.” Another second later, his eyes widened, “Oh.
 
“Yeah.”
 
Cue Lay’s blushing as he finished healing up Kris’ wing. The latter looked between them, still confused, “Can you please let go of my neck now? I am not fighting.”
 
“Huh?” Luhan asked, completely forgetting the flight user was there, “Oh. Uh, Lay?”
 
The healer nodded, “I’m almost done.”
 
Luhan nodded, slowly letting go as Chen spoke up, “Wait, so why did you throw your crystal to the wall?”
 
The other instantly glared at him out of instinct, “You do not need to know.”
 
Chen pouted, “Why not?”
 
“Trust him,” Sehun mumbled, moving out from behind Kai’s back to go back to Chanyeol, “ was involved.”
 
“What?!” everybody else screeched out, Kris dumbfounded.
 
Chanyeol chuckled, reaching behind him to pull the younger into his side, “I thought you were innocent.”
 
“But Chen was curious.”
 
Kris glared at Chanyeol, “Seriously, what’s going on?”
 
“You are healed now,” Lay cut in, backing away from the other’s wing to admire his work, “It should be fine now.”
 
The taller male looked at him before tilting his head to the side, extending his wings out completely to test it. He smiled softly at feeling no shooting pains before looking to the healer, “Thank you.” He was raised with some kind of manners anyways.
 
Lay nodded in return, smiling, before turning back around to look at everybody else. He looked to Kai and Suho, “Nothing happened to you two after we left, right?”
 
“About that,” Kai started off, stepping closer to him and Luhan along with Suho, “Are you really…?”
 
Lay held up a finger to his lips, smiling at him, “Don’t say anything yet.”
 
“Don’t say what?” Xiumin questioned curiously, standing up as well.
 
“Are you two together?” Suho mumbled loudly instead, eyeing the two users across the room from him. Finding out the other was a hidden prince really did nothing to overpower his curiosity about this certain topic.
 
Lay’s eyes widened, suddenly not knowing what to say. He dropped his hand and simply continued to stare at Suho until Luhan stood in front of him and blocked his vision. “What is it to you?”
 
A light frown graced Suho’s lips before he shifted his gaze to Kris behind him, “You recall what a ‘calling’ is, right?”
 
Kris looked at him surprised, “Yes?”
 
“You two?” Suho questioned to Xiumin and Chen, watching as the younger shook his head.
 
“I do,” Xiumin mumbled, raising a brow at the sudden question.
 
The water user nodded, looking to Sehun to speak up for himself. He gave a reassuring smile, forgetting Lay and Luhan at the moment, only to see Sehun pulling Kai towards him so he could hide behind him and Chanyeol. He laughed at the cute behavior, “Sehun.”
 
Chanyeol softly laughed, causing Kai to smile as well. Sehun hadn’t changed yet. “Well, flight user, Sehun and I are each other’s calling.”
 
“What?!” the others screeched out again.
 
“You,” Kris trailed off, completely speechless as he shifted his gaze from Chanyeol to Sehun and back again, “What?”
 
Sehun peeked out from between Kai and Chanyeol’s shoulders to give him a shy smile, “He’s really kind towards me… and fun.”
 
“What?”
 
Kai moved out from Sehun’s grasp only to teleport next to Kris, put his forearm on the taller man’s shoulder playfully. “He,” he started off slowly, gesturing to Sehun before moving to Chanyeol, causing D.O, Lay, and his best friend to laugh, “And he are apparently together now. They are each other’s ‘calling.’ They each feel a tug in their hearts towards each other, and- Ow!” Kai instantly started rubbing the back of his head, glaring up at Kris, “What was that for?!”
 
The other glared back down at him as Lay instinctively moved forward and healed Kai’s head, “I know what a calling is! I’m just surprised he found one in that fire user!”
 
“My name is Chanyeol!”
 
“And I don’t care!”
 
“Kris!” Sehun whined, walking away from Chanyeol to go up to him, “Come on!”
 
“No,” Kris stated firmly, looking to Chen and Xiumin for backup because, clearly, Kai and Suho were fine with it.
 
Xiumin shrugged, “I’m all for it.”
 
Chen gave him a cheeky smile next, “I’m still not sure what a ‘calling’ is.”
 
D.O. groaned, walking over to him, “Okay, let me teach you a lesson.” He glared at Kai, “Your people are clueless.”
 
“It’s only Sehun, Chen, and me,” Kai answered back, his own cheeky smile in place.
 
Chen watched with wide eyes as he nodded, quickly making room for the other on the couch, “Okay?” He looked curiously at D.O. who just gave him a bright smile.
 
“Please, Kris?” Sehun questioned, shaking the other by the shoulders, “Come on.” A corner of his lips tugged up into what looked like a half-smile, or a smirk depending on who he was looking at and who knew him, “Don’t make me cut you again.”
 
Kris glared back at the youngest, “I don’t care.” He flinched when the younger’s eyes suddenly flashed fuchsia before wind whipped around them and cut Kris on the cheek. “Sehun,” he warned.
 
Kai eyed Chanyeol as the elder sighed wistfully at Sehun’s sudden use of his power, “You okay there, flame?” Chanyeol just nodded dumbly, witnessing the other’s power firsthand.
 
I can’t go back,” Sehun whispered, tentatively taking a step back and suddenly hitting an invisible barrier with the back of his heel, “You know that.”
 
Kris expanded his wings, towering over the younger, “Why is it with him though?”
 
“I don’t know,” Sehun mumbled, currents of wind going up and down his arms. A soft smile formed on his face, “It just happened.”
 
Luhan eyed them, making sure they didn’t destroy the actual room before shifting his gaze to Chanyeol, Lay, and then Suho. He wondered if the wind and flight users had something together in the past as well. He looked to Lay who moved to sit on the table across from D.O. and Chen next to Xiumin, his own soft smile coming to his face at seeing Lay’s gentle side.
 
Suho looked back at him before walking up to the barrier that separated the chaos from them, “Sehun? Why don’t you just show him?”
 
Sehun and Kris kept glaring at each other before the former suddenly stopped his power, allowing Luhan to take down the barrier. “You can’t protect me forever, Kris,” the youngest muttered before looking back to Chanyeol who instantly started walking to him. He locked eyes with Chanyeol who was softly smiling at him back. “Watch.”
 
Kris frowned, walking up next to Sehun to witness this so-called ‘calling.’ He eyed Chen and Xiumin who were now watching them with interest, assuming D.O. already finished explaining everything briefly to them.
 
Chanyeol chuckled, walking up to Sehun and cupping one of his cheeks, “There are only so many times we can do this.”
 
Sehun tilted his head more into the other’s larger palm, giving him a half-smile, “It is not my fault.”
 
“You came here.”
 
The younger softly laughed, “That part was not exactly my fault either.”
 
Luhan frowned but continued to watch, wondering when it will happen to him. He looked to Lay who looked just as uncertain as he before looking back to Chanyeol, “Baekhyun found his calling, huh?”
 
Chanyeol nodded, blinking to show burnt orange flecks in his eyes again, before moving forward and kissing Sehun on the forehead. The younger closed his eyes at the feeling, a serene smile finding its way onto his face. “He did, Lu,” the elder murmured, leaning back to whisper into Sehun’s ear away from Kris, “I will wait to kiss you properly.”
 
Sehun’s eyes widened, a light blush forming on his cheeks as he pulled away to look at the other again. Kris looked at them curiously, eyes widening when Sehun turned to him and showed him his eyes. His eyes formed crescents before looking back to Chanyeol and nodding, “Okay.”
 
How?” Kris whispered, looking to Chanyeol’s eyes to see burnt orange flecks as well. He looked to Xiumin who simply smiled at him and shrugged.
 
“Callings are strange phenomena.”
 
Kris looked back to Sehun who willingly walked into Chanyeol’s arms before sighing. He looked back to Kai across the room from him who gave him a lopsided smile and a shrug. “I’m still getting used to it.”
 
“Kris?” the wind user softly questioned, causing him to turn back to him, “It’s okay now, right?”
 
The elder stared at him, his own soft smile forming at seeing Sehun’s different eye colors, “You’re not going to change, right?” He flinched when a gust of wind suddenly cut his arm. He glared at the younger, “Yeah, you’re not.”
 
Sehun laughed, letting his wind caress the feathers on Kris’ wings, “Oh. Chanyeol doesn’t even know the rest of my personality.”
 
“What?” Chanyeol breathed out, letting go of Sehun’s waist to take a step back and turn him around. He glared at the younger, “What do you mean?”
 
“His favorite parts of attacking the human body include the face and arms,” Kai supplied, crossing his arms in front of his chest, cheeky smile in place, “And he’s a brat who has a special nickname for me.”
 
“I’m not a brat, idiot!”
 
“See?”
 
Sehun scowled, sending a gust of wind to hit Kai before he suddenly teleported next to him. He frowned, “I hate you.”
 
“He’s a whimperer!” Kai yelled out, sending a mischievous look to his best friend.
 
“Shut up!” Sehun shouted out, wind suddenly whipping around the room.
 
Chanyeol looked completely surprised as Kai teleported again and shouted out, “He can be unstable too!”
 
“Kai!”
 
“And super clingy!”
 
Kris sighed, ending up just moving over to Chen, while Xiumin made him stand up, and pulled the lightning user in for a hug, covering himself and the younger with his wings while Xiumin encased his whole body in ice. Suho quickly moved his hands around, taking the moisture out of the air and creating a small shield around him to protect himself against the winds. Chanyeol looked at them amazed before looking back to Sehun who was breaking some of the vases while trying to attack Kai who just kept teleporting. He flinched when he started getting cuts on his arms. They all must be used to this by now.
 
“Chanyeol!” D.O. shouted out, trying to cover Lay before Luhan erected a barrier around them, still amazed with the sudden power the other summoned, “Do something!”
 
“You’re such an idiot!” Sehun shouted out, eyes flashing dangerously as he tried to catch Kai, “Why are you telling him all this?!”
 
Kai just gave him a cheeky smile, teleporting every few feet before eventually hiding behind the couch, “I love you, Sehunnie!”
 
Chanyeol lightly laughed, ignoring a cut to his cheek and taking long strides towards an angry Sehun before wrapping his arms around him from the back. He looked around amazed when the younger’s winds suddenly died down to small gusts. “Sehun?” he murmured tentatively, “It’s fine.”
 
Kris opened up one wing as he and Chen peeked out curiously, surprised that the fire user could calm down their friend so easily. They watched as Sehun tried to calm down, closing his eyes while taking in deep breaths. D.O. heard Kai shuffle behind him before turning around and giving him a stern glare, “Don’t say anything.”
 
Kai simply gave him a cheeky smile before tightly closing his lips and nodding.
 
“I should hurt you for putting Lay in danger,” Luhan murmured dangerously, glaring at the teleportation user before Lay put a gentle hand on his arm, calming him down.
 
Hello? Is someone in there?” a maid suddenly called out, knocking on the door. Everyone froze except Chanyeol, Lay, and Luhan.
 
“I am in here,” Chanyeol called back out immediately, moving his head to face the door, “Everything is fine.”
 
Are you sure, sir Chanyeol?
 
“I am sure,” the other stated, looking to Luhan, “Luhan is in here as well.”
 
Ah,” the maid breathed out in understanding before her voice started to fade, “I will leave then. Please call me if something happens.”
 
“We will,” Chanyeol answered back. He leaned back down to whisper in Sehun’s ear, “Are you okay now?
 
Everybody watched as he nodded, Kris sighing as he opened up his wings completely and let go of Chen, “Yeah. He’s still the same.” He flinched when Sehun opened his eyes and they flared again, “I’m just saying.”
 

a/n: in honor of wu yifan's birthday, a new chapter! well, it's still barely his birthday in the states. i know it's a day late in korea, but yeah ;-; i've been busy with work and personal matters right now. if parts seemed rush, i felt like the section of the story called for it, and there really wasn't much else i could do to lengthen it. ><
-catalyst
 
side note: everybody's loving the layhan~ and chanhun ;u; i scream for chanhun, haha.
more couple scenes will show up in the next few chapters, then some action will probably start.
warning: some mature (rated) themes and scenes will be included. appropriate chapters will be marked.
 
HAPPYKRISDAY.