「 a little crazier now 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Suho gently closed the doors behind him before looking around amazed. Tao’s bathroom was pretty… intricate… and fashionable. Delicate designs were painted on the walls in various shades of dark grey, gold, and sky blue while there were small plants by the clouded window. There were two doors, which he assumed lead to the toilet and the other to a closet while a large tub, which also had a showerhead at one end, decorated one side of the room. His eyes finally landed on the prince sitting on the floor a little away from the tub and next to the door for the toilet. A soft smile appeared on his face at seeing the other’s knees pulled up to his chest, arms wrapped around them, and his head hidden between his knees.
 
“Why are you the one who followed me in here, water user?” Lay softly questioned, not removing his head from its position, “Why you?” It had no malice or anger behind it, just simple curiosity.
 
The other sighed lightly, looking around the bathroom again before making his way for the other. “Why is The Handsome Prince hiding by himself? And still crying, no less?”
 
Lay let out a choked laugh, bringing his head up to eye him, “I thought it was ‘The Handsome Healer.’”
 
Suho shrugged, moving to sit across from him against the dresser and sink. A small smile was still on his face as he looked at him, “It was probably that, knowing Chen.”
 
A comfortable silence fell over them as they sat there, staring at each other for a few minutes, before Lay frowned, not caring about his tears any more as he hid the lower half of his face behind his arms and knees. He shifted his gaze to stare at the door before looking around the bathroom, wondering if Luhan would suddenly, really show up.
 
“It seemed like Tao wanted me to follow you in here, Prince,” Suho softly answered, causing Lay to look back at him, “I probably would have followed you anyways.” He gave him a warm smile, “I do not like seeing kind people cry so brokenly.” Lay let out a little sob at that, not expecting it at all before quickly straightening up a bit and bringing a hand up to his mouth. Suho didn’t make a move, not sure if the other still wanted him to comfort him. “I do not know why the telekinesis user would not stand by you in your decision if you two are dating.”
 
Lay kept staring at him through blurry orbs, the tears seeming to be endless. His eyes were still crescents that should’ve been happy if it weren’t for the tears. “He always wants to protect me,” he choked out, eyes shifting around the room again before landing on Suho’s concerned gaze, “Please. Hold me.”
 
Suho didn’t hesitate. He got on his knees and walked over to him, immediately opening his arms a second before Lay threw himself at him. He stumbled backwards a bit before putting more strength in his legs to keep them upright. Gently guiding them to sit back against the wall, he let the younger cry his burdens out against his chest. “Shh, Prince,” he whispered, running his fingers through the other’s blonde hair while gently pressing his head to stay against him, “Prince.”
 
“Half of my memories are gone, Suho,” Lay mumbled out, starting to babble, “Luhan locked them away. He took them, and I don’t know why. How can I eventually run a country without knowing everything that has happened while I was alive?”
 
“Is that what is bothering you the most, Prince?” Suho softly questioned, looking straight ahead of them at the dresser just so he wouldn’t look down at the other and do something he would regret.
 
“How can I trust him completely again? I might wake up and not remember D.O. or Baekhyun or Tao, and that scares me the most.”
 
“What about Chanyeol?”
 
Lay frowned, “I can never forget about that huge flameball.”
 
Suho softly chuckled, moving his head so he murmured against the healer’s crown, nose barely hitting the soft hair, “Love also includes faith, Lay. Maybe you just need a little bit of faith in him.” He let out a gentle sigh, feeling the other tighten his hold around him, knowing the silent question. He refrained from kissing the top of his head but continued to murmur against him, “I just want you to be truly happy, Prince. You deserve that much.” He smiled, feeling a fresh new wave of tears hit his shirt. They stayed like that, Lay soaking in the answer before Suho asked another question. “What else is burdening you, Prince?”
 
It took a few minutes, but the younger eventually answered. “My own mother doesn’t even like me,” Lay brokenly continued, more tears falling, “Why doesn’t she like me? I have done nothing wrong. I know my manners, and I know what to do to keep our land prospering. She thinks Luhan is more of a son to her than I am.”
 
“Now, that can’t be true,” the other gently argued back, “You will always be her son. You are related by blood. She will always have that maternal instinct when it comes to you whether she likes it or not.” He shuddered, remembering her power, “Her power is scary as crazy though.”
 
Lay frowned, repositioning his head on top of the water user’s chest, “She is the only known individual to have a power such as hers. She can remove her own spine and use it as a weapon if she wishes.”
 
Wow,” Suho mumbled, completely amazed, “How did you become a healer then?”
 
“Dad was a healer,” Lay quietly murmured, slowly calming down to the other’s heartbeat. It was gentle yet strong under his ear. He bit his lip, “How did you become a water user?”
 
“Both of my parents are water users,” the elder answered, removing his hands so that one was rubbing Lay’s back while the other was on his own knee. He waited a couple of minutes before softly asking, “Why are you dating Luhan?”
 
“Why?” Lay asked defensively, a frown marring his lips again.
 
“I am curious.”
 
There was a moment of silence before Lay sniffed again, accidentally catching a whiff of Suho’s scent. He smelled like rain. It was rare, but he liked it – it barely rained in the Land of Day. “I’m used to Luhan and everything that is him. I’m comfortable with him, and I still love him. I love his stupid face when he genuinely laughs and the power he constantly exudes. We mix well together.”
 
Suho nodded in understanding, the healer feeling the movement the slightest bit, “I see.”
 
They remained like that, simply sitting there in silence, neither one wanting to break the surprisingly comfortable atmosphere. After a few minutes, Suho suddenly started to hum an unknown tune, quickly making Lay sleepy after his sudden breakdown.
 
“Go to sleep, little prince,” Suho softly sang out, small smile on his face as he leaned back to look up at the ceiling, “I will watch over you too.” His eyes formed small crescents when he felt the other slowly go limp in his arms. “Little Prince.”
 
xxx
 
“We will see you later, queen,” Luhan happily said, bowing his head along with Chanyeol before finally leaving the dining hall. The queen smiled happily and waved them a goodbye in return. She didn’t think the dinner would be this successful if Chanyeol didn’t suddenly bring up the idea of invading the Land of Night.
 
The fire user smiled brightly next to him, “So, we will start this soon?”
 
The elder shrugged, small smile still on his lips, “I suppose so. The queen said within a day or two since the teleportation user has been here for a while already and hasn’t left yet.”
 
The taller male nodded, thinking about his plan, “That sounds good.” He raised a brow, looking down at Luhan out of the corners of his eyes, “Maybe you should go back to guarding the land in the meantime? I don’t think we’ve been doing our jobs properly since the warriors invaded our land.”
 
“Oh,” Luhan mumbled, brows furrowing in concern, “That’s right.” He proceeded to hold out a hand, creating a few crystal balls to float in various parts of the land as one started to form in his palm so he was able to change the viewing every few minutes. He already had multiple crystals formed he could use, but they always stayed in his room. “Should we go to Tao’s room?”
 
Chanyeol shrugged, small smile on his face, “Sehun might’ve fallen asleep if he laid on his bed too long.”
 
Luhan frowned, not knowing what to say to that. He simply continued walking to make his way for the time user’s room. “Do you want to tell me your plan?” he asked after a few silent seconds, watching as Chanyeol took a different hallway instead, towards his office.
 
A playful smile appeared on the fire user’s lips. He tilted his head back and winked at him, Luhan quickly following after him, “Now, where would the fun be in that?”
 
“Dear spirits,” Luhan breathed out, laughing with the younger, “You’re always like this.” He gave the other a bright smile, “This will be interesting.”
 
xxx
 
Kris looked worriedly to Kai and Sehun, both of them still sleeping, before shifting his gaze to Chen and Xiumin who decided to sit next to the large window to watch everything below them. He sighed, scooting away from the wall so he could rematerialize his wings behind him, stretching them out wide.
 
D.O. turned to him as well as Tao and Baekhyun, the latter two lying on the ground, to eye him. They watched as the pure white feathers moved gently as he slowly retracted his wings. They smiled, looking as Kris put his chin on top of his palm that was propped up by his elbow and knee. “So, do we have a guardian angel?” Baekhyun joked, moving to sit up and eye the flight user who looked back at him shocked.
 
“What?”
 
The light user tilted his head to the side, gesturing with his eyes that he meant the other’s white wings.
 
Kris furrowed his brows at him before looking behind him at his wings. It took a second, and the Day soldiers wondered if the flight user’s delayed reactions could possibly rival Lay’s. They smiled in amusement at the thought. “Oh!” Kris exclaimed, eyes widening before looking back to him. He let out a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his head, “Only if you want me to be… I can be.”
 
“You are strangely endearing,” D.O. complimented, gently rubbing Kai’s shoulder as he slept, “It’s refreshing.”
 
The other frowned, “I am not endearing.”
 
“Is that why you and Sehun dated before?” Chen called out absentmindedly, not looking up from playing with Xiumin’s hand as it was randomly encased in ice. His eyebrows shot up, too caught up in what he was doing. The elder watched, enraptured, as Chen held out a finger and created a little wave of electricity around it before slowly bringing it to his own frozen hand. Their eyes widened as the wave of electricity mixed in with the ice, creating a beautiful combination of icy blue crystals and golden shocks throughout the hand.
 
“You and Sehun dated before?” Baekhyun questioned, looking from the flight user to the wind user on the bed.
 
Kris frowned, “There were aspects of our relationship we wanted to keep secret.” It was basically the same answer he gave his friends before, and it frustrated them.
 
“You do know ‘relationship’ could mean friendship or a romantic relationship, right?” D.O. commented, raising a brow at the flight user.
 
The other shrugged noncommittally, purposefully blocking the door with one wing, in case the other two soldiers randomly came back. Xiumin looked up from his hand after Chen took back the spark of lightning, “Sehun would’ve probably find this side of you endearing as well.”
 
“I’m pretty sure they dated,” Chen mumbled, taking back his hands before rubbing them together to warm them up, “My hands are freezing.”
 
“You were entranced by my power,” Xiumin lightheartedly responded; smile dancing on his lips, “You’re going to create static electricity.”
 
Chen pouted, blowing hot air into his hands before looking to him, “I don’t care.”
 
Xiumin shrugged, turning to look back at Kris, “Spill the details.”
 
“Another time,” Kris muttered back, looking up at the crystal ball that started to hover towards them. Everybody else looked up as well, Baekhyun calmly standing up and going to the bathroom.
 
D.O. held up a hand, gesturing for the ball to come to him. “Luhan, over here,” he called out, cupping the crystal with both hands as he saw Baekhyun and Suho quietly exit the bathroom with the latter moving to sit a few feet away from the door. D.O. peered into the crystal, seeing Chanyeol’s face squishing down onto Luhan’s own. He raised a brow, “What are you two doing?”
 
Luhan rolled his eyes, “Chanyeol wanted to see Sehun as well.”
 
“Oh,” D.O. mumbled, moving the crystal so that it was in front of Kai and Sehun, “They’re still sleeping.”
 
Chanyeol let out a blissful sigh before leaving Luhan’s personal space, “Thanks, little master.”
 
“Little master?” Chen asked, finally looking up at the other, “Why did he call you that?”
 
“I’m more surprised by the fact that Sehun hasn’t woken up yet,” Baekhyun commented, standing on his knees to look at the wind user.
 
“Sehun sleeps more easily and deeply with Kai,” Kris softly answered, watching them as well, “They’ve been friends for so long, they’re probably just as comfortable with each other as they are with their own callings.”
 
D.O. shrugged, smile on his lips, taking a quick look at Suho who gave him a small smile back before looking to the bathroom doors. “I’m small against him and have mastered my power to the point that I can manipulate some metals.”
 
Chen made a look of surprised approval, nodding once as he stuck out his lips a bit, “Nice. That’s cool.”
 
Where’s Lay?” Luhan questioned, lifting the crystal out of his hands to float around the room, “Is he back in his room?
 
“He’s in the bathroom,” Baekhyun called out, the crystal floating closer to him, as he shrugged, “He’ll probably be out soon.”
 
Ah,” Luhan breathed out, nodding as he made the crystal float back to D.O, “Inform him I will be with Chanyeol in The Room.”
 
Tao raised a brow, “Which room? There are many we have named ‘The Room.’”
 
Chanyeol,” the telekinesis user answered, earning a nod in response. He smiled at D.O, “Please let Lay know? We’ll try and finish up soon.
 
Tell Sehun I want to talk to him later too!
 
D.O. rolled his eyes, “You are going to see him later, flame. He’s probably going to call for you once he wakes.”
 
Oh.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
A moment of ten awkward seconds passed before Chanyeol just grabbed the crystal ball out of Luhan’s hand, “Well, I’ll be there when we’re done!
 
Tell Lay not to worry too much!” Luhan called out after, taking back the crystal, “I will see him later also. I’ll explain everything.”
 
D.O. simply nodded, a small smile on his face as he watched the crystals disappear. He looked mildly surprised when the one in his hand shrunk in size. “Oh,” he looked to Tao and Baekhyun on the opposite side of the bed, “I guess he’s in a really good mood if he’s not going to watch us.”
 
Tao smiled, shrugging, “I suppose so.” They all looked to Suho suddenly, the latter raising a brow inquisitively.
 
“What?”
 
Tao pouted, looking to Baekhyun instead, “How’s our prince?”
 
The other gave a soft smile before turning to look at the bathroom doors, “Lay? He’s not watching us right now.”
 
Everybody turned to the doors, wondering why the other never came back out. They waited expectantly, random anticipation building up when they saw the door being slowly pushed open. Chen frowned when the door opened all the way and Lay came walking out slowly with puffy, red eyes, red nose, and red lips. Lay took a quick look at everyone before shuffling towards Suho, Chen following after him.
 
Kris raised a brow in concern, “Chen?”
 
Xiumin smiled softly, letting the lightning user go over to the healer, “Do you need some ice, Prince? For your eyes?”
 
Lay settled beside Suho, tightly tucking himself a little between the water user’s side and the wall. He looked over to his other side to see Chen sitting a little away from him, a genuine, concerned look on his face, before looking over to Xiumin. He pouted, reaching up to gently touch the area underneath his eyes, “Is it that bad?” He still looked sleepy to Suho.
 
“No,” Chen immediately answered, reaching out to move part of Lay’s hair out of his face, “But the ice can help reduce the swelling.”
 
Xiumin turned his attention to Tao then, “May I borrow a washcloth or an object I can freeze?”
 
Tao nodded, gesturing to the bathroom with his head, “Wet it then freeze the water some if you can,” before turning to Chen, “You really care for others, don’t you?”
 
Chen nodded, biting his lip as he kept staring at Lay, “I do.”
 
A soft smile graced Suho’s face as he watched Chen open up his arms for a hug, not surprised at all seeing Lay pause to stare at the younger for a second before leaning towards him and hugging him tightly. From the other side of the room, Kris scoffed, rolling his eyes, “And others call us ‘evil.’”
 
“You all seem too kindhearted and endearing to be part of the Land of Night,” D.O. commented, looking down when he felt Kai shift in his sleep. His eyes widened when Kai suddenly shot out a hand and smacked Sehun on the face, the latter grunting and suddenly releasing a gust of wind towards Kai to completely turn to lie on his back instead. D.O. jumped out of the bed, surprised at the sudden movements.
 
“They happen to do that a lot as well,” Kris commented, seeing the whole thing occur, “It’s amazing how they still fight even in their sleep.”
 
“It’s true,” Suho softly called out before looking over to see Xiumin coming back out with a washcloth that looked cold. He frowned, “That’s not going to freeze his face off, right?”
 
The other laughed, Lay and Chen looking up at him curiously, “No, it shouldn’t.” He paused a second, thinking it over, before nodding, “Yeah. It shouldn’t.”
 
“That’s reassuring,” Baekhyun muttered out, eyeing the ice user, “He is our prince after all. If you hurt him, you have D.O. and I to deal with.”
 
Lay sighed, rolling his eyes before extending his hand out to grab the washcloth. He flinched the slightest at the sudden cold temperature before bringing it up to his closed eyes. He bit his lip for a minute before slowly relaxing, enjoying the cool cloth on his swollen eyes. “This feels really good. Thank you,” he mumbled out, causing Chen to let out a sudden cute laugh.
 
“When did you two become this close?” Kris asked, the same question rising up in everyone’s heads except D.O. He raised both brows curiously, watching as Chen poked Lay’s cheek to make the healer laugh as well.
 
Chen’s eyebrows shot up, innocent look on his face as he turned to his friend, “On the balcony before the guard suddenly took Lay away.” He smiled brightly at him, “Lay’s really nice and funny.”
 
A blush suddenly formed on Lay’s face, remembering the whole ordeal before Baekhyun realized what Chen was talking about. The light user pointed an accusing finger at his friend, “Luhan interrupted our y time!”
 
“Oh!” Tao piped up, Lay slouching against the wall and pushing the washcloth further into his face out of embarrassment. The three warriors around him watched him curiously, slowly becoming concerned when Lay started to cover his mouth and nose as well. “Baekhyun! You needed to tell him something.”
 
Suho frowned, reaching out to gently pluck the cloth off of Lay’s face, or at least enough so the man could breathe properly again, “Hey, you. Stop that.”
 
Lay pouted, trying to keep the cold fabric on his face, “No.”
 
“Lay!” Baekhyun shouted out, trying to get his attention again, “Tao had another vision while we were going at it!” Lay and Suho suddenly stopped what they were doing, completely caught off-guard, to eye the other surprised.
 
D.O. rolled his eyes, “Did you have to exclaim that to the world?”
 
Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest, “I have to since the vision actually made Tao stop and worry for a few minutes before we could continue our ual activities.”
 
“You seem somewhat shameless,” Kris bluntly commented, earning a sad nod from Tao.
 
“It is true.”
 
“You like me for it,” Baekhyun dismissed before focusing his attention back on Lay, “It actually involves D.O. too.”
 
“That is true too.”
 
D.O.’s eyebrows shot up, curiosity now peaked as he saw Sehun suddenly punch Kai on the side by accident before the latter flipped over again and basically slammed his arm down on the former’s side, both grunting in pain. “Wow,” he mumbled before turning his attention back to his friend, “What is it?”
 
Tao bit his lip, a distraught expression on his face as he faced the healer, “Lay and Luhan will get into a severe argument,” before turning around to D.O, “You have the possibility of finding yourself within the Land of Night.”
 
Everybody’s heads picked up at that, Lay, Suho, and D.O. freezing in their spots. “What do you mean by that?” Kris slowly asked, spreading his wings wide. He looked to the affected individuals, wondering why the earth user would be in his homeland. He wouldn’t be killed, but he’d be outnumbered and the earth user could easily attack and kill people he knew and loved.
 
Tao shook his head, not knowing the answer to that. “It did look destructive though, Lay,” he commented before looking back to the flight user, “I thought I saw the edges of your wing in my vision, but I could have been wrong.”
 
Kris raised a brow in question to him, wondering why he would be near the other two at all. He looked to Xiumin who shook his head at him, not knowing either. Chen looked worriedly between them before timidly reaching out for Lay’s hand still attached to the cloth on top of his face. He gently tapped it, waiting for the healer to peek out of his very small cocoon, before offering him a small smile with an open hand. Lay looked at it for a few seconds before looking back up to his face and down again, seeming to contemplate what the other was trying to convey. Lay’s visible eye widened finally understanding before he reached out to lightly grab Chen’s hand.
 
Chen’s smile brightened, becoming more confident as he squeezed Lay’s hand gently in return, clasping it before bringing their hands down to stay beside them, showing his form of comfort for the other. Lay let out a light, airy laugh, a genuine one, before squeezing the other’s hand in return.
 
Suho and Xiumin smiled at the small action, the former looking back up to eye D.O. across the room from them. “Why would D.O. be in our homeland though?”
 
“I do not know,” Tao softly said, looking back to his friend as well, “That is also why I was concerned with my vision besides the strong argument I witnessed.”
 
“Does it have to do with Kai?” Baekhyun gently asked, standing back on his knees to look at the two sleeping on the bed. A soft smile graced his lips when he saw that Sehun was the one now cuddling into Kai’s chest instead of the other way around earlier.
 
D.O. frowned slightly, simply staring down at his calling before looking up to his friend, “It’s possible.”
 
Kris frowned, standing up and in front of the door, “That means the telekinesis user and flame’s plan will succeed for entering into our land.” He looked to the three warriors surrounding Lay, “We cannot allow that. We have to leave this land to protect our own if that happens.”
 
“But Chanyeol,” Baekhyun weakly argued, looking to Lay to see his opinion, “He…”
 
Lay bit his lip, letting Xiumin remove the cloth to freeze it some more before placing it back gently on his face, “He knows I have trouble trusting him because of his fighting spirit, yet he still wants me to believe in him.” He tilted his head back, leaning it against the wall so the cloth stayed on top of his eyes, “Let us witness how their plan will unfold while the flight user and Sehun follow after them.” He raised a hidden brow, “Who is the strategist amongst the six of you?”
 
“Kai,” Kris softly said before looking to Xiumin, “Xiumin is our second-in-command for strategies.”
 
Chen looked up to his friend, watching as the ice user nodded. “Kai is the best though,” the other commented, diverting his gaze to the sleeping teleportation user, “We should wake him as soon as it is appropriate.”
 
D.O. frowned, looking at all of them back before looking back down at Kai who had a soft smile on his face as Sehun’s own was half-hidden in his chest. Lay slowly leaned on his side, tilting his head a bit on Suho’s shoulder, Chen looking to him when he felt his hand being tugged. They smiled softly when they heard Lay take in a deep breath before his breathing evened out.
 
The earth user sighed, reaching out a hand to gently run his fingers through Kai’s hair. “Kai,” he softly coaxed, wincing internally at the public show of affection. He unconsciously pouted when he saw Kai sigh happily before he suddenly just pulled on Kai’s hair, “Kai!”
 
Baekhyun sighed forlornly, watching as Kai yelped and woke up, “I need to teach you how to date again, D.O.” He waved off the glare thrown in his direction, “Just saying.”
 
Kris sighed, blissful smile on his face, “Small beings with strong powers are insanely attractive.”
 
D.O. snapped his head in his direction, eyes wide, before he was suddenly pulled down on top of Kai. “No,” the latter grunted out, voice still hoarse, as he tightened his grip on the smaller man, “No.”
 
“Kai,” Xiumin called out, eyes turning icy blue, “Wake up. We need your brain, or I’ll freeze you awake.”
 
“I’m awake,” Kai groaned out, clutching onto D.O. like he was a stuffed animal. He his side, putting his calling between him and Sehun, who simply cuddled up to him as well, “What do you need?”
 
D.O. grunted, not liking the fact he was being clung onto by two different people, albeit, one who was his own calling. “Did you hear anything while you were asleep?” He rolled his eyes when Kai simply closed his own and cuddled in closer to him. At least he seemed to be back to normal already.
 
“Kai,” Kris called out loudly, trying to get his friend’s attention. When all he got was a grunt in response, he heard Chen mumble to him, “You are very admirable,” before he said loudly, “D.O. is very cute!” His eyes widened when Kai rolled away from the earth user and instantly teleported to him and pushed him back against the wall, grunting at the sudden shock of pain.
 
What do you need?” Kai lowly said, glaring up at him.
 
Kris looked to Baekhyun for the answer. The latter sighed, leaning back on his hands, “Kai, you might be manipulated to attack your own homeland.”
 
“What?” the other breathed out completely surprised, as he turned to the light user.
 
“At the dinner Lay and I had with the queen, Chanyeol suggested Luhan control you to enter your own homeland so they could invade it with your help. The queen originally wanted to use you to invade smaller lands and villages first,” he looked to Lay briefly, “Luhan seemed to have taken the idea and is now discussing it with Chanyeol in the latter’s room.”
 
Kai frowned, taking in the information and backing away from Kris to sit on the foot of the bed. He looked down in thought, “Why would they suggest that?”
 
“The queen wants to conquer your land since it is the second largest land in our country.”
 
The teleportation user nodded slightly, thinking it through. He spoke slowly, “Chanyeol would not put me in danger because of Sehun. His heart and flames are too pure to want to harm his calling like that.” He furrowed his brows, putting a thumb up to his lips, “But his friendship with Luhan is strong. He wouldn’t bring up a plan to harm his own best friend either. He seems to have brought up that idea on purpose.” D.O. looked at him, letting the wind user cuddle up to him. He couldn’t resist the undeniable pure feeling he got from Sehun. “Chanyeol is smart,” Kai complimented, still lost in his thoughts, “I wonder if he knows or just assumes.” After a few more seconds, he smirked as he ruffled his hair, a habit that he picked up long ago. The warriors smirked slightly at seeing it. He completed his plan.
 
Tao quirked a brow, “I also saw D.O. in the Land of Night.”
 
Kai looked to him, raising a brow before smirking again, looking back to his calling, “That’ll work even better.”
 
D.O. looked at him curiously before jumping a bit when the door behind Kris opened suddenly, only to bump into him, causing him to grunt at the sudden shock of pain, again. Everybody whipped their heads to the door, Kris looking behind him as Chen gently pulled Lay off of Suho to lean on him instead while Xiumin removed the ice cloth, both of them sighing in relief at seeing Lay’s face almost back to normal. Suho frowned slightly, making sure Lay looked comfortable before standing up to sit against the bed where Sehun and D.O. were still situated.
 
What?” Chanyeol muttered, trying to open the door again, only to hit Kris’ wing. He looked through the crack to see white feathers obscuring his vision. He frowned, “Hey, wings. Move.”
 
Kris growled, looking back at him, “No. What if I don’t want to?”
 
“I can burn your back.”
 
“I can take Sehun from you.”
 
“Take that back!”
 
Kris smirked, “Take Sehun back?”
 
Chanyeol’s mouth fell agape, “No! The statement!”
 
Xiumin frowned, whispering, “So, they did date?
 
Oh, move,” Luhan suddenly exclaimed before the door forcefully slammed into Kris’ back, causing him to stumble forward. The former smirked triumphantly as the latter turned ruby eyes to him and glared, “You were in our-”
 
“Sehunnie!”
 
His way,” Luhan corrected himself, rolling his eyes as Chanyeol happily walked in to simply roll D.O. out from under his calling’s arms so he could take his spot. D.O. breathed out a sigh of relief as thanks before moving over to stand next to Kai at the foot of the bed who simply continued to stare at Luhan before looking to Lay, his previous talk with Tao coming back to the forefront of his memory.
 
Kris frowned, eyes going back to normal as he followed the fire user’s path. He sighed, shaking his head affectionately when Sehun mumbled out, “Chanyeol?” He watched as Chanyeol’s face lit up in happiness, letting the younger cuddle into him more. “You’re so warm.
 
Chanyeol chuckled, looking away from him to look at everyone else, “So, what did we miss?”
 
“Lay is sleeping?” Luhan questioned curiously, walking over to the lightning and ice users, “Was he really that tired?” He didn’t notice the way both Suho and Kai stared him down, although each for different reasons.
 
Tao nodded in affirmation, moving to sit back up next to Baekhyun who was still sitting next to him, “Yes, he was. You know he has not slept yet at all today. None of us besides Kai and Sehun have.” He gave a pointed look to the teleportation user, trying to signal to him to not show any signs of fear or hate.
 
“Oh,” the other mumbled, moving to sit down next to them in Suho’s previous spot. He gently pulled on Lay’s arm, making him tilt back to the other side so he could lay his head on his shoulder instead. “That’s right,” he mumbled out, small smile coming to his face when Lay made a small, unidentifiable noise. He stared at him a bit longer, brows furrowing the littlest bit, “Did he cry?”
 
A brief pause, and Baekhyun softly asked back, “Why would he cry?”
 
Luhan frowned, looking to the lightning user before Xiumin’s hand appeared in his field of vision. He looked up to see Xiumin’s hardened stare towards him. “If you hurt him, I won’t hesitate to return the favor. We did not do anything to your prince.”
 
Chen frowned, looking from the guard up to Xiumin before looking back down to Lay, “We didn’t.”
 
“Why don’t you go bring him to his bed?” Baekhyun suggested, ignoring the borderline frantic look Suho gave him, “You can sleep as well, Luhan.”
 
Luhan looked at him before looking to Chanyeol who gave him another bright smile. He rolled his eyes, gently lifting Lay up with his power before getting up himself. Kris and Suho frowned, watching as the elder extended his arms and softly put the healer in them, before looking to Xiumin and Chen who gave him a half-smile. The flight user still stood in front of the door, maintaining his silent job as their guardian angel.
 
“Will you be okay here, Chanyeol? You may rest when I come back,” Luhan genuinely asked, concerned for his friend, before turning to glare at Kris, “Will you move?” Chanyeol just shrugged, not really caring as long as he was with Sehun. He knew the other didn’t see anyways.
 
“No.”
 
Luhan glared up at the other, watching as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, “Move.”
 
“Why?”
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes as Kai and D.O. watched on completely amused. The other warriors looked at them completely confused, not knowing what was going on with their friend.
 
“I need to let our prince sleep more comfortably,” Luhan explained, eyes narrowing. Chanyeol raised a curious eyebrow. “Move.”
 
Kris tilted his head to the side, an act of mocking as he smirked, “You can easily shove flames and Sehun off the bed.”
 
“No way!” Chanyeol called out, earning a light slap on the chest from Sehun, who was now drifting in and out of sleep.
 
Luhan smirked back at him, amethyst eyes appearing as he easily picked Kris off of the ground, needing to use more of his power, before tilting his head back to make him fly across the room. He quickly opened up the door before slipping out, closing it behind him with his power.
 
Kris grunted, wings expanding out and stopping his sudden flight mid-air before he broke through the windows. He hovered, eyes ruby while flapping his wings, before frowning, looking to see the other two already gone.
 
“What’s with you?” Suho and Baekhyun questioned at the same time, the latter looking back to Tao who simply shrugged.
 
“I have no idea on this one.”
 
Kris shrugged, lowering himself to the ground before going to sit down next to the water user, “Don’t know.”
 
Suho gently grabbed Kris’ chin, making the latter face him, just to make sure. Kris let out a small breath, letting the smaller man do as he wished. He really was a er for adorable things. Suho was still cute to him. “Hmm,” Suho hummed, small smile on his face as he lightly slapped Kris’ cheek good-naturedly, “You have not found your calling yet.”
 
Kris laughed, reaching out to pinch Suho’s thigh in retaliation for ‘slapping’ him, “Who would it have been? I do not believe my calling is even here.”
 
“What if you two were each other’s callings?” Kai suddenly blurted out, comfortable again when Luhan left the room with Lay and Chanyeol leaning up and looking over Sehun to look at the two in question, “That might be weird.”
 
Chen pouted but sighed quickly after anyways, “They might be and might not even know it.”
 
Oh spirits,” D.O. muttered, finding what the lightning user just said incredibly ironic. He shook his head in shame.
 
“Could you two really be each other’s callings and not realize it?” Chanyeol asked, Tao following suit with a comment.
 
“Baekhyun and I did not show any signs except our feelings for each other and after we kissed for the first time.”
 
“Ours happened at first sight,” Chanyeol mentioned, adding quickly afterwards, “Basically.”
 
Suho looked from Chen back to Kris who was looking at all of them like they were crazy, brows furrowing immediately afterwards at trying to think the idea through. He rolled his eyes, grabbing his chin again and making him face him. “I apologize, Chen. Do not take this offensive or in any way negative towards you,” he warned before leaning forward and kissing Kris on the lips.
 
“Whoa,” Baekhyun mumbled, proud smile slowly appearing on his face as he exclaimed loudly, “You are truly my new best friend!”
 
Kai’s and D.O’s eyes widened, Chen muttering out a soft “What?
 
Kris’ eyes slowly closed, following the water user’s lead as he reached over and cupped his cheek in his larger palm. He slightly became more aggressive in the kiss, Suho’s lips to gain entrance. Suho let out a soft sigh in bliss, not touching anybody romantically in the least bit for a long time. Kris planted a hand on the ground next to Suho’s thigh to keep his balance before the water user pulled away, panting slightly.
 
“How am I supposed to not take any offense to that?” Chen questioned loudly, frowning at them.
 
Eye smiles formed, as Suho looked into Kris’ dark gaze when he opened his eyes. “We are not each other’s callings,” he softly said, gently caressing Kris’ face before turning to lean back against the bed again, “I am somewhat glad for that.”
 
Kris watched him with hazy eyes, sighing as well before following the smaller man’s posture, “I guess so.” He eyed him out of the corners of his eyes. “You are a surprisingly good kisser.”
 
Suho stared at him shocked, as did everybody else, “What?”
 
“’Maybe in another life,’” Chen mockingly muttered, brows creasing together in annoyance. Xiumin softly laughed, lightly kicking his thigh to get him to lighten up.
 
The water user shrugged, tilting his head to face him with a goofy smile on his face, “I will be happy to simply kiss you whenever you wanted.”
 
Kai laughed at the weird outcome of the little incident, “This will be difficult for our teamwork if you two suddenly hooked up and grew feelings for each other.”
 
Suho let out an incredulous laugh, continuing to stare at Kris who just smiled at him like the idiot he was. His eyes grew wide, rolling his own before suddenly splashing Kris in the face with water, “No. Only if hormones truly get the best of us, then we will kiss and do whatever we want.”
 
Kris yelped, falling backwards onto his side, as he lay there completely drenched. Baekhyun and Chanyeol burst out into laughter, Xiumin following suit before D.O. and Kai started chuckling after them. “You’re the best!” Baekhyun shouted out, falling over onto Tao who slowly started to laugh as well.
 
Chanyeol continued laughing, only dying down when he felt Sehun move away from him. He looked down to his calling in his arms curiously, watching as Sehun rolled over to look over the bed and down at Kris. “Kris?” Sehun softly said, watching as the flight user shifted his gaze up at him. Chanyeol smiled at the younger’s bed head, reaching out to place a warm hand on his side to keep him from falling over. “You are still stupid,” Sehun continued, blowing air onto Kris’ face to make the water droplets fall backwards and onto the floor as well as dry him off some, “Still incredibly stupid – I’m surrounded by idiots.”
 
“Hey!” all three men shouted out in offense, D.O. jumping in shock when Kai suddenly stood up and glared at his best friend.
 
“I thought I was the only one you called idiot!”
 
“I’m your calling!”
 
Kris sighed, staring up into Sehun’s eyes before rolling over and lying there in his misery, “Whatever.” He glared at Suho who patted his hip sympathetically.
 
“It’ll get better. Don’t worry.”
 
Sehun turned back to his best friend, brows furrowing slightly with a sleepy look in his eyes, “You are still my idiot, idiot,” before turning to his calling, “And you are still my warm calling.” Kai and Chanyeol sighed with relief, watching as the wind user cuddled up against the latter again, causing a bright smile to form on his face. “Now, let me sleep.”
 
The others in the room sighed before Xiumin yelped when Chen accidentally touched him with his knee. The latter looked up with a sheepish smile, “Sorry.”
 
Xiumin sighed, trying to wave off the sudden shocks of electricity running through him, “I told you. Static electricity.”
 
“He’s shocking, right?” Kai playfully asked, causing Chen to release a small bolt of lightning at him. D.O. rolled his eyes as Kai instantly grabbed his arm and teleported with him a few feet away, causing the lightning bolt to hit the wall behind them.
 
Tao and Chanyeol chuckled, enjoying the little wordplay, as Kris sighed in relief, “At least it didn’t hit me this time.”
 
“Good thing too,” Suho commented next, raising up his hand and picking up all the water that was still on Kris, “You would’ve become fried chicken.”
 
“See! Ow!” Chanyeol pouted, rubbing the spot where Sehun just punched him, “There is such a thing as fried chicken.”
 
“He’s the spark of your life!” Kai added, bright smile on his face as Xiumin’s eyes suddenly turned icy blue, taking the water that was still suspended in the air to direct it towards Kai and freeze him. Kai still held onto D.O, teleporting around the room to avoid being frozen to death, while Tao made Baekhyun lie down and roll over closer to the window to be out of harm’s way.
 
“With him,” Kai started out, laughter bubbling up his throat, “You can break the ice.”
 
Xiumin’s and Chen’s eyes glowed, annoyance bursting through their pores as they tried to hit Kai. They didn’t really understand that one, but they were still getting aggravated. Various parts of the room started to smell charred while other parts were colder than the rest. “Kai,” Xiumin warned, aiming but missing when the younger just teleported again.
 
“Chill!” Kai breathed out, laughter still coming up in short bouts before a thoughtful expression took over his face. “I wonder if you two would have shocking, icebreaking . Like, that sounds powerful, right? Sounds mind-blowing.”
 
The other two men’s eyes widened in embarrassment, Sehun whining and covering his ears. Small sparks of lightning showed in Chen’s irises before he released one powerful bolt at Kai, the younger’s eyes widening at the act as Xiumin froze the bolt before it landed to hit him in the stomach before he disappeared with D.O. again, the bolt hitting and imbedding itself into the wall.
 
D.O. sighed. He would’ve fought back if he had actual earth around him. He could’ve used the metal surrounding the room, but then he knew Baekhyun would throw a fit larger than it would already be now. He rolled his eyes, waiting until he and Kai landed again before he quickly turned and punched him in the gut, ignoring the light jab that went through him as well.
 
Kai let out a shocked gasp, keeling over at the powerful hit as Xiumin and Chen instantly reverted back to normal at once. Tao sighed, trying to calm down Baekhyun who was starting to fret about how much it would cost to repair his room.
 
“Oh my spirits, Kai. You’re an idiot,” Sehun groaned out, molding himself more into Chanyeol’s body. “You are so freaking warm,” he moaned out softly, causing the elder to blush and accidentally heat up his body even more.
 
Kris and Suho snapped their heads to the youngest behind them, eyes turning their respective colors as they glared at the fire user. Chanyeol held his hands up innocently the best he could. “I did nothing!” the younger yelped out, heat fluctuating in his body and making Sehun tangle their legs even more together.
 
“You better not do anything, flame,” Kris muttered out, a dangerous glint in his eye as Suho followed after him with a similar murderous look.
 
Or I can drown you in two seconds flat.”
 
“You are done teasing them now, Kai,” D.O. officially stated, arms crossed in front of his chest as he glared down at the bent over teleportation user who was still trying to catch his breath. The younger gave him a look before he rolled his eyes. “Jongin.”
 
Xiumin nodded approvingly, lightly grabbing Chen’s arm to pull him back to sit on the ground, as they watched Kai pout but nod in affirmation, signaling he was done messing with them. For now.
 
“It’s going to cost me so much to repair all of this!” Baekhyun finally shrieked out, breaking free from Tao’s tight grip around him. He looked at all the singe marks and melting ice decorating the room before glaring at Chanyeol, “You better not burn anything on his bed, or so help me I’ll blast a light beam right through your stomach,” before turning to the warriors, “You too. I’ll kill you in the most painful way possible.”
 
“Baekhyun,” Tao gently coaxed, taking note of the harsh breathing of the elder. He gently tugged on his hand, “Baekhyun, love. Calm down.”
 
“They could’ve simply used the training room next door if they were going to have an impromptu battle! At least repairing that can take time! This is your room!”
 
“Baekhyun,” Tao tried again, the others now silently watching them, Kai, Chen, and Suho giving him apologetic looks, “Sweet.”
 
“I still haven’t completely restored your floor, Tao! The queen is going to kill me when she finds out how much money I’ve been using to repair everything!”
 
“Love,” Tao breathed out, standing up on tired legs to simply pull the other into a kiss. He grunted at the sudden punches of resistance before tightening his arms around him again. He breathed out a soft sigh after a few minutes when Baekhyun finally calmed down, hands now grasping at his shirt, before he pulled away, softly pecking his lips once more, “It is okay, Baekhyun. I do not mind.”
 
Baekhyun looked like he was about to protest again when Tao just pulled him in for another long kiss, the elder eventually whimpering against him. D.O. sighed in relief, knowing his friend was about twenty-two seconds away from having a mental breakdown and shooting light beams everywhere. He looked back to Kai who was starting to recover, finally, before punching him on the arm lightly, “Do not provoke them anymore.” Kai nodded frantically, instantly rubbing his arm to soothe out the sudden pain.
 
They suddenly heard Sehun let out a little moan again, Kris and Suho snapping their heads back to Chanyeol and glaring at him before he put up his hands, again, “I swear! It’s my body heat!”
 
Sehun sighed happily, eyes still closed, “I’ve never felt so warm in my life.”
 
Tao wondered how chaotic life had been in their past lives when they were the original legends for them to be as chaotic in this life. He smiled against Baekhyun’s lips when he coaxed out another little whimper from him. Maybe their present lives were a little crazier now than previously. He liked the thought of that.
 
“I swear, flames!” Kris yelled out right before Suho shouted out after him.
 
“I can drown you in an instant! Stop!
 
Tao softly chuckled, pulling a little away from his calling, the elder’s eyes fluttering open in a daze. He really liked the thought of that.
 

a/n: HERE IS THE LONG-AWAITED CHAPTER. just like exo's music videos, oh dear god. that left me a mess this whole day, and then my whole personal life on top of that made me a jittery mess and i couldn't sit still or concentrate on anything. good lord. the chinese version (i'm sorry. i'm biased more towards the mandarin versions of songs) was beautiful as was the korean version. and like- MIRACLES IN DECEMBER. WATCH THEM AGAIN AND CRY WITH ME WHILE I WAIT FOR THE LIVESTREAM [chinese] [korean]
 
like. i literally cried, and i don't cry easily at all whatsoever. the only movie i have actually cried tears was the titanic, and that was only barely. anyways. enough of that. would you like me to include gifs at the end of each chapter?
 
sulay - layhan - chanhun - kaisoo - taobaek - (krishun, idk if people like them. it doesn't mean they were actually together) - brotp sekai (or otp. they're my everything) - chenlay (another whichever)
(I HAVE SO MUCH CHANHUN, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND)
 
and thank you to those who upvoted since the last time and the 163 subs i have right now! :) you people are amazing! » littlebrat, impossiblebiaslists, xoxobaozi, lauriieomma
 
time to get started on the next chapter! (i'm completely re-writing it because i didn't like how i wrote it the first time. so bear with me if it takes a while again ><)
-catalyst