「 all because i left 」

Legends: The Chosen Twelve
Xiumin looked around at the earthen and metal cellar they were in, “Does that earth user know I can probably break us out of this?” before tapping the bars in front of him.
 
Chen shrugged as Kris glowered from the corner of the room, “Probably. He’s stronger than he looks though.” He lightly sighed as he shifted his gaze to the other, “How’s your wing?”
 
“Healing.”
 
“Kris-”
 
“That damned user almost killed Sehun,” Kris cut Xiumin off, trying to stand back up again, “Yet Kai is still with them. Suho as well if he’s not in a cell down here.”
 
Chen frowned, “That doesn’t mean they’re on their side though.”
 
Kris scoffed, “Well it sure doesn’t mean they’re on our side any more.”
 
“Stop it,” Xiumin demanded, looking between the other two users, “We just got here. They said when their healer feels better they will come down here and heal you. You’ll feel better after that. Same with Suho.”
 
“But Sehun is with them, and we have no idea what they’re doing,” the flight user argued, brows furrowing even more in distaste.
 
“That doesn’t mean they’re harming him though,” Chen softly mumbled, looking to the area where the earth user created an entrance before, “And he’s with Kai. They’re the best of friends who would do anything for each other.”
 
Kris frowned, “But that earth user seemed pretty close to Kai as well.”
 
“I think what the earth user and Kai have is different than what Kai and Sehun have,” Xiumin softly thought out loud, looking up at the earth above them, “It seems so much deeper than that.”
 
“What in the world are you talking about?” the other questioned, completely confused with the other’s thought process, “You’re not talking romantically, right? Because that’s absurd.”
 
Xiumin shrugged, as Chen eyed each of them, “I don’t know. But it could be possible, right? I’ve heard stories of people originating from our lands falling in love in other villages.”
 
There was a moment of silence as they thought it over, Kris scoffing eventually, “That’s still crazy.”
 
Chen looked to Xiumin in question who just gave a small smile and shrugged in response.
 
xxx
 
Sehun fidgeted as he sat on the couch Kai camped out on before. He looked around the large room before looking to Kai who was looking out of the window, “Kai?”
 
The other turned around, giving him a smile, “What’s up? How’s everything back home?”
 
Frowning, Sehun scoffed before standing up to walk over to him, “Crazy without you and Suho.” He instantly walked up to his best friend who opened his arms up automatically so the other could fit in his embrace. He sighed contently as he leaned his head down in the crook of his shoulder and neck, “Chen passed out after Kris and I tried to search for you to make sure you got in, and Xiumin passed out later because he was training with Chen and he accidentally shocked him into unconsciousness.”
 
Kai’s eyes widened at the sudden information before laughing immediately, “Seriously? All because I left?”
 
“You left us,” Sehun smiled softly, reaching up to touch his own neck, “And then you stood up for him.”
 
The other’s eyes softened as he removed his arms from his best friend, leaning down a bit to peer at his neck, “Is your neck okay?” before reaching out and gently touching it.
 
Sehun sighed, nodding as he moved away from the other, “Yeah. That man’s a healer, isn’t he?”
 
“I am,” Lay suddenly said, walking into the room with D.O. next to him, causing Sehun to lightly yelp before quickly moving to hide behind Kai. He smiled a dimpled smile at them, “I apologize on Luhan’s behalf. I have enforced my position and punished him accordingly.”
 
D.O. smiled brightly at them, closing the door before making his way to sit on the large couch, “Are you feeling better, wind user?”
 
Sehun looked at him, curiosity winning over his wariness, before looking back in front of him to Kai. He leaned around him a bit to see his friend’s facial expression, only causing the elder to look back down at him and give him a cheeky smile. He pouted, reaching up to grab the back of his shirt timidly like a little child to his mother before looking back at D.O. and then Lay across the room from them, “I’m Sehun.”
 
The earth user beamed back a smile at him, “I’m D.O, and he is Lay.”
 
Kai quirked a brow at the healer, “How did you heal yourself so fast?”
 
“What you need to know, you will eventually know,” Lay responded back with a soft smile before turning around to go back out the door, “I will heal your friend’s wing after I visit with the queen.” He turned to D.O, “Stay with them.”
 
The other saluted playfully to him, causing the healer to roll his eyes, before the door closed behind him. D.O. turned to Kai and smiled brightly, “Can I learn more about you and your friends?”
 
“Why?” Sehun questioned softly, hiding behind his best friend even more, “You’ll just hurt us…”
 
Kai tilted his head slightly and gave a fond laugh at his friend’s cautionary attitude, “I’m sure he won’t hurt you. He might have a good reason,” he turned back to the other, innocent, questioning gaze on the elder, “Right?”
 
D.O. laughed, nodding and making himself comfortable, “I’m just really curious.” He looked around suspiciously before cupping a hand next to his mouth to whisper, “I really think there’s something more to the Land of Night looking evil.”
 
Sehun bit his lip as he tugged Kai back to stay in front of him, “Why?”
 
“Because I think we’re just as evil as you.”
 
“I bet even more so,” Kai commented, reaching back to lightly wrap his arm around Sehun’s waist before teleporting them in front of the other, “He almost killed Sehun. We wouldn’t kill intruders or visitors.”
 
Sehun whimpered, hand immediately going back to his neck before wrapping an arm around Kai’s waist from behind in an awkward hug. D.O.’s eyes softened at the sight, gaze falling down to where the wind user was tightly holding onto the other, before looking back up into Kai’s gentle look. He moved his gaze to Sehun’s partial one behind the teleportation user’s head, “I’m sorry.” He gave a half-smile, “I truly am. I didn’t know you were this close to Kai. I would’ve stopped Luhan sooner if I did.”
 
The wind user looked at him warily now, curiosity lessened as he tried to search the other’s eyes. His grip tightened around Kai’s waist when he felt the other’s fingers coming up to gently grab his own reassuringly. “I promise you you’re fine with him, Sehun,” Kai said softly, turning around to give him a small smile. Sehun closed his eyes when Kai leaned up on his toes to give a quick chaste kiss to his forehead to seal it.
 
D.O. watched with wide eyes as the two showcased their deep friendship in front of him. He felt something picking at the insides of his chest at the sight before his eyes widened even more when Sehun re-opened his eyes, fuchsia irises present, as he slowly let go of Kai to walk around him and sit next to D.O. on the couch, granted an awkward foot and a half away from him. D.O. looked to Kai questioningly before Sehun softly spoke, “Kai and I are best friends, ever since I was born.”
 
Kai smiled down at Sehun, who moved his gaze from his best friend down onto his lap, “I always protected him, and we always hung out together. It’s the reason why he’s never affected by my use of teleportation any more.”
 
“Because of this idiot,” Sehun softly continued, holding a palm out and creating small gusts of wind that showed an outline of their moons back home, “I was able to extend my powers and grow stronger.” He looked out the window to the bright sky before looking up to Kai who was focusing on trying to create the same black mist that appeared every time he teleported to help out Sehun’s outlines, “I miss our stars and moons, Kai.”
 
Kai’s features lightened as he chuckled before moving to sit between the two users, “So do I, Sehunnie. Last time I remember, the moons were winking down at me.”
 
D.O. smiled fondly at them, watching as they reminisced something that seemed to have happened years ago even though it just happened a few weeks ago, “Are the moons pretty? The stars beautiful?”
 
Kai leaned back against the chair, allowing Sehun more room to manipulate his winds to create more figures, “It’s better if Suho is here to help strengthen the images.”
 
Sehun nodded as he moved his hands about, creating larger versions of the moons in the room, “They’re beautiful. You can see everything clearly at night. Our moons light up our land and the stars provide an amazing backdrop behind all of it.”
 
D.O. looked up in awe, Kai smiling beside him at the expression, “I’ve only heard bad stories about your land, and I’ve only seen pictures of monsters in front of a dark background.”
 
“We’ve only seen pictures of a bright land with sparkles and mythical creatures everywhere,” Kai responded back, snickering afterwards, “Well, just pictures of a bright land.”
 
The other rolled his eyes before standing up to move over to the window, “If you haven’t noticed, Luhan is like a double-edged sword. Same with Lay.”
 
Sehun stopped manipulating his power at the mention of the telekinesis user before scooting in closer to his best friend, “I only see a sword.” They heard a sudden knock before D.O. twisted and assumed a fighting stance. He rolled his eyes when the door opened slightly and Baekhyun peeked in.
 
“You can’t manipulate earth in here,” the other commented, causing D.O. to sigh, “I just wanted to come by and see how the wind user is doing.”
 
“Why is everybody trying to see how I’m doing?” Sehun whined softly, moving to link arms with Kai just to feel more comfortable with another Day soldier in the room.
 
Baekhyun smiled brightly at him, “You’re really cute too!”
 
“Oh my spirits, Baekhyun,” D.O. grumbled, looking away from his friend to look at Sehun’s reddening face, “Don’t you have somebody else to bother and say they’re cute?”
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes, waving his hand dismissively in the air, “As I said before, he’s in his own league of cuteness.”
 
Sehun looked to Kai confused who had a mischievous look in his eyes immediately catching the reference. He tilted his head, “What’s going on?”
 
“Anyways!” the other exclaimed loudly, making the wind user jump in fright. He looked to him with a bright smile on his face, “I was wondering why Lay let you stay with Kai, but I think I understand now! You’re just too adorable to resist!”
 
“I’m not adorable!” Sehun shouted back indignantly, causing the other two users except Kai to look at him in shock. He pouted, “I think I’m handsome.”
 
They stared at him for a minute or two until Baekhyun and D.O. squealed, “You are cute!”
 
Kai’s mouth fell open in surprise as Sehun shook his arm repeatedly, whispering in his ear, “I’m scared, Kai.” The other nodded numbly before the younger continued, “Are you sure they aren’t evil or scary?
 
I’m sure they aren’t evil,” Kai trailed off softly before finishing, “I have no idea about being completely scary though. They seem like it right now.”
 
Sehun gulped as he squeezed himself more into his best friend’s side.
 
xxx
 
Lay nodded and smiled politely as he passed by the few servants walking down the hallways until he finally reached his mother’s quarters. He sighed before knocking, signaling a visitor before stating, “Mother, it’s me.”
 
Oh!” he heard somebody exclaim from inside the room. He furrowed his brows at the sound because he’s pretty sure that sounded like the young maid he used to hang out with when they were younger. The door opened to reveal that he was right. “Prince,” she said with a smile, “The queen said she was going out.”
 
Lay bit his lip before asking gently, “Did she mention where she was going?”
 
The maid looked up in thought, leaving the door open to reveal she was folding towels for the queen’s bathroom before he interrupted her, “I believe she said she was going to pay a visit your friend.” She suddenly leaned forward, and Lay could smell her pretty perfume he assumed a man bought for her, before she whispered, “You know. Tao.”
 
His eyes widened at the sudden information before he nodded, quickly turning on his heel to make his way to Tao’s room. “Thank you, Luna,” he called out over his shoulder.
 
“You’re welcome, Prince!” she returned with a wave before starting to sing and continue to fold the towels in the room.
 
Lay broke out into a run when he reached the staircase, quickly making it to Tao’s room, before opening the door. His eyes widened at seeing his mother standing two feet inside the room in a position where it looked like she was about to remove her forearm again to use as a weapon. He noticed the light grey and yellow glow around her figure before looking to Tao, standing by his bed and holding a hand out towards her. “Tao?”
 
Tao’s face looked serious as he nodded once at him, eyes narrowing, as they remained slate grey, “She came in here looking for the teleportation user. She saw Suho asleep on the bed and was about to attack him from being so close to me.”
 
The other sighed in relief as he moved around to stand in front of his mother, looking down at her slightly to see her eyes still glowing white as well, crease of anger showing on her forehead, “We need to have Luhan erase her memory of seeing Suho in here.”
 
“Time is standing still for her, Lay,” Tao softly said, walking forward slowly to keep his hold on her, “She’s stuck frozen from the moment I caught her in my power. That’s all she sees right now.”
 
Lay nodded, looking behind him to his friend, “I’ll go get Luhan real quick then, unless you’re able to move her while she’s frozen in place.”
 
“I am not sure I can do that without her attacking one or both of us.”
 
“I didn’t know you mastered your power to this level,” Lay commented, quickly leaving the room, “I thought your subjects could still hear and see everything going on in front of them.”
 
Tao sighed lightly, watching as the other left, “It’s draining most of my power to keep it to this extent.” He eyed the queen before tilting his head back to take a quick glance at Suho’s sleeping form, “I hope I can keep her like this until he gets back, Suho.”
 
Lay bit his lip, quickly walking down the hall again before running, making his way to Luhan’s room this time. He knew he shouldn’t request the other to do this deed for him, but this is for the safety of… He wasn’t even sure. He ignored the looks of a butler and maid he passed by before going up to the other’s door and knocked on it quite rapidly. He waited somewhat patiently, tapping his foot, before the door opened and Chanyeol looked at him in surprise, “Lay?”
 
“I need to speak with Luhan,” Lay immediately said, making his way into the room before Chanyeol’s extremely warm hand grabbed his upper arm. He turned back to see the other’s eyes changed, “I need him to do something for me.”
 
“You are not going to exacerbate his power or energy any more until he is better,” Chanyeol demanded, the heat within his body starting to rise steadily.
 
Lay eyed the other, refusing to show his own power, “He needs to erase her memory of Suho being in Tao’s room.”
 
Chanyeol glared at him, “You know how much of his energy it takes for him to do that.”
 
The other glared back at him, “Of course I know. Everybody told me he was asleep for days after he messed with my memory and knocked me out months, if not years, ago.” He never knew he used his own power in self-defense against him – only Chanyeol knew.
 
They continued to eye each other, staring down the other before Chanyeol whispered harshly, “You know how in love he still is with you, yet you’re easily falling in love with that water user right in front of his eyes. Why would he obey you to erase part of the queen’s memory for him?” He noticed the hurt look in Lay’s eyes before they hardened again.
 
“Because he cannot deny the orders of a prince,” he withdrew his arm from the other’s grasp, “And neither can you.”
 
“You still love him, Lay,” Chanyeol muttered, leaning down to challenge the other, “You can’t deny that.”
 
Lay frowned, leaning away from him to turn to Luhan sleeping on the bed, “He used his power on me. I cannot forgive him in my heart so easily.”
 
“He was doing it for your own good.”
 
“That ruined our relationship,” Lay concluded, turning back to eye Chanyeol, “Wake him up. He needs to do this to save the water user’s life.”
 
Chanyeol growled, flames at his palms, “Luhan will sleep for days again with how much you already drained him of his energy. I will not allow that.”
 
“Chanyeol,” Lay warned, turning to him completely, eyes starting to flicker to silver before turning white.
 
“Chanyeol,” Luhan mumbled sleepily, turning in his bed and rubbing at an eye, “Chanyeol-mm, it’s… it’s okay.”
 
The other two turned to him partly in surprise before the flame user quickly made his way for him. Chanyeol sat on the edge of the bed after making sure no physical flames were on his body, “I won’t let you use up all of your energy.”
 
Luhan sighed tiredly, moving to sit up with the help of his best friend, “It’s okay.” He gave him a small smile, “I’ll be fine.”
 
Lay’s heart tightened at the soft sight, eyes going back to normal as he watched Luhan turn his soft smile to him, instantly fading as a yawn took over his face. “How much did you hear?” he softly and cautiously questioned, not moving from his spot at all.
 
Chanyeol smiled softly as Luhan let out a gentle laugh, “I’m the head guard, right?”
 
Lay sighed as he gave a half-smile to him, knowing that his friend can usually hear half of the things around him even in his sleep, “Can you please erase the queen’s memories?”
 
“I will,” Luhan gently said, moving to get off of the bed after Chanyeol stood back up to help him again, “Where is she?”
 
“Tao’s room.”
 
Luhan nodded as he slowly made his way past Lay and out of the room. He missed the way Chanyeol glared at the healer before sighing and closing his eyes, trusting the taller man to guide him through the stairway to get to Tao’s room.
 
Lay looked after them before turning back into the now empty room. He smiled sadly, eyes lingering on the bed. He knew this room like the back of his own hand. He sighed after a while, resigning himself to follow after the other two. He missed the feeling of security Luhan’s room instantly gave every time he entered his quarters to just run away from his responsibilities as a prince.
 
He slowly trailed after the other two, noticing how Chanyeol would whisper into Luhan’s ear before hearing the other mumble something back. He eventually grimaced when Chanyeol simply picked up his ex-boyfriend bridal-style to carry him down the flight of stairs to make it to Tao’s room faster. He sped up his walk to keep up with them until they made it to their destination.
 
His eyes widened when he noticed his mother’s figure starting to move slowly. He looked to Tao who was sweating and glaring harder at her, clenching his outstretched hand into a fist to try and keep his power over her. “Tao,” he softly said.
 
“Just please do it, Luhan,” Tao grunted out, eyes starting to emit a soft glow, “I can’t keep it up much longer.”
 
Luhan nodded as Chanyeol set him down gently. He moved forward with slightly staggered steps as his eyes slowly turned amethyst. He stood in front of the queen who moved her eyes upwards to stare at him before he raised a hand and placed it on her forehead like a blessing. “Don’t overdo it, Lu,” Chanyeol whispered, looking to Lay for how far back he wanted the queen’s memory erased.
 
“Just prior to when she decided to come up here,” Lay softly said, looking to Suho’s still sleeping form on the bed before looking to a determined Tao, “I’ll drain her energy after you are finished.”
 
They all nodded before Luhan closed his eyes, searching the queen’s mind to go back to that specified time. His brows furrowed as he saw glimpses and clips of the queen’s memory of when Tao raised a hand towards her, then her surprise at seeing Suho on the bed. He kept rewinding back to see through her viewpoint of her walking through the hallways and eventually exiting her room. He rewound it a bit more to see Luna knocking on her door before he opened his eyes, the organs glowing as he erased everything of what he saw in her head.
 
He barely heard when Lay and Chanyeol shouted out his name and Tao mumbled, “I’m sorry.”
 
His mouth fell open in shock before he finished, a piece of sharp bone going through his stomach and out his back. The queen’s eyes glowed in confusion and anger as she pulled her weapon out of her head guard before looking around at them, wondering how she got there in the first place.
 
Lay quickly acted and jumped forward, gripping hard onto the queen’s arm and concentrated his power in quickly draining her of energy, waiting until she collapsed to the ground in fatigue. Once he stood back up from falling to his knee to follow the queen’s movement, he looked over, panicked, to see Luhan’s eyes still glowing, un-bloodied hand reaching out towards the queen again before re-starting his short process of erasing what she just did to him. “Luhan,” he softly said, Chanyeol holding up the upper half of his best friend’s body before turning to glare at him.
 
“Stop, Lay. He might as well die because of you.”
 
Luhan clutched his arm around his torso to try and prevent more blood from spilling out. He coughed to the side after finishing erasing the short minute of the queen’s memory of harming him. He spit whatever was in his mouth into his un-dirtied hand and grimaced, “It’s fine, Chanyeol,” before promptly passing out in his arms.
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widened before glaring in rage, turning to Lay who quickly put a hand up before reaching out and removing Luhan’s bloodied arm and shirt from his torso. “I’ll fix him,” he mumbled, seemingly unsure, before his hand started to glow and he started to heal the other’s stomach. He looked to Chanyeol as his other hand came out to help with the process, “Bring the queen downstairs to her quarters.”
 
“I’m not leaving him here with you alone.”
 
“Tao is still here.”
 
Tao groaned, trying to get up from having fallen to the floor, “If you guys haven’t noticed, holding her in place for so long drained me of energy.”
 
“He’s still here,” Lay reinforced before looking back to Luhan’s pained expression, “Take her before she wakes.”
 
Chanyeol growled at him, looking back down to his best friend, before eventually scoffing, getting up to pick up the queen and hurriedly bring her back to her quarters, “You better not weaken him any more than he is now.”
 
Lay scowled, focusing his power into healing his best friend, as he heard the other leave the room. His eyes shifted up when he heard Tao move again, this time, managing to sit himself up against the edge of his bed.
 
“You seem conflicted,” the time user stated with a heavy sigh.
 
“I am,” Lay frowned as he grunted, “His wound goes through to his back, grazing his spinal cord. I have to use more power to heal all the nerves that got damaged.”
 
Tao hummed, sitting up a bit more to lean his head back against his bed, “But you’d probably die just to save him.”
 
“He’s still being punished for assisting in the torture of D.O.”
 
Supposedly.”
 
Lay shifted his gaze up and gave his friend ‘the look,’ causing the other to give him a tired, cheeky smile. “Tao,” he warned, earning a breathless laugh.
 
“Concentrate on healing your ex-boyfriend before your future boyfriend wakes up.”
 
“What?” Lay squeaked, causing Luhan to groan at the sudden discomfort in his sleep. He looked back down before he lightly nudged the other’s side with his knee, “Sorry, Lu.” Luhan’s breathing slowly evened out again. Once it did, Lay looked back up and glared at the other, hissing, “What future boyfriend?”
 
Tao pointed a thumb in the direction of the sleeping water user on his bed, “That future boyfriend.”
 
Lay would roll his eyes if he wasn’t too focused in healing his friend properly, but as the situation stands, “Why to all the spirits above do you think that he’s my future boyfriend?”
 
Tao shrugged, watching with semi-excited eyes as he heard footsteps coming closer to his door, “Calling.”
 
The other stopped healing Luhan briefly as he looked at him in surprise, “What?”
 
“How’s he doing?” Chanyeol suddenly questioned, walking in to see Lay looking at Tao with wide eyes. He gave him a look of confusion before looking to the timekeeper, “What just happened?”
 
Lay looked back at him in shock before quickly turning back to healing Luhan. Tao just gave a cheeky half-smile, “You’ll find out soon.”
 
Chanyeol looked at him weirdly before kneeling back on the ground and grabbing Luhan’s hand, “You were always odd, Tao.”
 
The other simply shrugged back, “I control time. I should be odd.”
 
xxx
 
Xiumin tapped the metal bar that was now covered in ice before walking backwards slowly, eyes tracing over his handiwork before tilting his head back to his two friends. Kris nodded determinedly as Chen shrugged, “Let’s see how this ends up,” before Xiumin roundhouse kicked and broke two of the metal bars he originally covered.
 
The ice user bent forward to look at his work and nodded approvingly. He looked back to Kris, “Can you knock these two bars over? Or do you want to jump it?”
 
Kris shrugged as he walked over and kicked one down, grimacing a bit at the unnecessary movement it caused his wing, before walking over it. He looked back to see Chen curiously looking at the frozen bars before following after him with Xiumin close behind. He looked back in front of him before walking through the small hallway and put his hands up to the wall, lightly feeling the earth beneath his palms, “He opened up a pathway from here. That means there’s a thinner area of earth around here somewhere.”
 
“I don’t think I can break through that much earth,” Xiumin commented before they heard something rumbling above them.
 
They all jumped back, each of them taking up a defensive stance as they eyed the earthen ceiling above them. Suddenly, the earth wall opened up, causing Kris to half-jump, half-fly above to land behind Chen who waited until the people on the other side showed up.
 
“Kris?” came Sehun’s voice before he squeaked when a strike of lightning ran towards him, causing the wall to close again immediately before opening up a few minutes later.
 
The other three furrowed their brows at their wind user’s voice, defenses falling slightly as they waited until Sehun’s head popped in from around the corner. “Sehun?” Kris questioned, completely confused as he saw the other’s face brighten up before running down the slight stairway and into the elder’s still slightly opened arms from wondering whether to attack or defend himself from the sudden intruder.
 
Chen squeaked again as he let another bolt of lightning loose at the sudden appearance of Kai next to him. He looked at him completely surprised, “Kai!”
 
Kris groaned, his good wing twitching, “How is it that every time you’re surprised, you manage to hit me?”
 
Xiumin, Kai, and Sehun turned to him surprised before laughing at his comment. The former looked to the entrance and watched as D.O. peeked his head in with Baekhyun pushing him down to see above him. Kai laughed as D.O. stomped his foot on the ground lightly, propelling Baekhyun to fly above him and land on his back on the ground in front of him.
 
Sehun smiled brightly at them before going in to give Xiumin and Chen tight hugs, “Hi, guys!”
 
“What are you doing here?” Xiumin asked quietly, smiling as he pulled away from the hug to let Chen pull the other into one completely.
 
“I kept asking them to let me see you guys, and they eventually gave in,” Sehun replied with a bright grin before turning back to the other two who sighed and rolled their eyes.
 
“He’s too cute to resist,” Baekhyun called out before turning and pushing himself off of the ground, “So, we agreed.”
 
“How did you break out of your cell?” D.O. questioned, walking into the small area to see and feel water and ice particles dripping from the metal bars through the earth. He looked to Xiumin slightly surprised, “You did that?”
 
Kai looked next to him at Xiumin before looking back at the cell cage, teleporting in front of it to inspect it. He whistled before looking back to D.O, “Xiumin has always been deceivingly strong.”
 
Xiumin smirked proudly before his eyes widened and he immediately froze D.O.’s feet to the ground. D.O. looked at him surprised, planning to shake the earth underneath him the tiniest bit, before giving Kai a look who just smiled back at him in return. The others looked at them curiously before D.O. spoke up, looking back to Xiumin, “I think I would like to spar with you.”
 
The ice user looked at him surprised before casting a look to his fellow warriors. Kai smiled brightly as he came up to him and slapped an arm down around his shoulders, reiterating, “He’s stronger than he looks.”
 
Baekhyun smiled happily at them, coming up to wrap his arms around D.O.’s shoulders from behind in a back-hug, “This is the first time he’s found two sparring buddies in a short amount of time. He won’t even spar with me.”
 
Chen looked between all of them before looking up to Sehun, “Are you sure they’re not crazy?”
 
The other looked back at him before shrugging, “I just know they won’t harm me. About you guys, I’m not so sure.”
 
Kris scowled beside them, eyeing Xiumin as the elder carefully made a decision with a small smirk in place, “Well, that’s reassuring.”
 

a/n: so. layhan. kinda. yeah. i apologize to sulay shippers. there's going to be some drama going on. guaranteed. my own personal feels got in the way. i'm so sorry about that >< anyways. mm. how's the pace for this story? is it alright? /notentirelysure

;u; -catalyst