Girlfriends

The Distance Between Us

 

"She's like so whatever, you can do so much better."

The smell of freshly brewed coffee and fried bacon and eggs wafted into the room. Breakfast smells heavenly. Sniffing the air like a little puppy, Baekhyun slowly opens his eyes. Sunlight shone through the windows, it seems that Chanyeol has woke up earlier than him and had already drew up the curtains. Crinkling his already small eyes into a thin line, Baekhyun stretched and let out a soft grunt comparable to the squeaking of a puppy. Laying on his bed, Baekhyun thought about the events of yesterday. Shrugging the feelings off, Baekhyun stood up and began to dress for the day.
 
"Beep beep" Baekhyun's phone rang, alerting him of an incoming message. Baekhyun took his phone off the nightstand and read the message. It is from EunJi.
 
From: Cutie JiJi
To: Bacon Oppa
"Oppa~ are you free today? Wanna go out and hang around today? I have no schedules :3" 
 
Baekhyun frowned a little. Then, thinking about how his first date screwed up, he decided to give it a try again.
 
From: Baekhyun
To: EunJi
"Sure, I'll pick you up at 12PM?"
 
Within seconds, Baekhyun's phone beeped again.
 
From: Cutie JiJi
To: Bacon Oppa
"Okay! See you later! I miss you oppa! <3"
 
Baekhyun smiled a little at the heart. Putting his phone down in the desk, he walked out of his room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Umma! Let me help you with that!" Chanyeol said while helping poor little Kyungsoo who is too short to reach the plate that he is trying to get.
 
"Thank you Yeollie!" Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief. Gathering the plates, he heaved a pile of eggs and bacons onto the plate and handed them to Chanyeol.
 
"Here you go!" Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Thank you umma!" Chanyeol received his plate. The two of them has become quite close after debut. Ignoring the fact that Kyungsoo is still irritated by Chanyeol's action sometimes, but Chanyeol knows when to stop now. 
 
Both of them took their plates and sat at the dining table to eat. For awhile, comfortable silence engulfed them. Only clinking of utensils can be heard but none of them minded it. Chanyeol finishes his breakfast first. After he finished them, Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo for a moment. Catching Chanyeol's eyes, Kyungsoo swallowed the bacon which he was chewing on before talking.
 
"Yes Yeollie?" Kyungsoo asked as Chanyeol gave him a look as if expecting something.
 
"Nothing umma... I'm just curious... How did you get drunk that night? I mean...you are not much of the drinker and yet...why did you drink so much?" Chanyeol phrases his question carefully. He do not want to scare Kyungsoo away. Kyungsoo just chuckled before answering.
 
"I'm surprised that Baekhyun didn't tell you. Well, it's all his fault." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Why? I mean...what do you mean by its his fault?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"Long story. In summary, I went to drink because Baekkie was being an ultra D-bag to me, and so Eunhyuk hyung took me out to have fun..but who knows that I'd get so drunk! Gosh." Kyungsoo replied. Chanyeol's lips formed an O shape, before he proceeded to ask his next question.
 
"Umma...did you know that when you're drunk, you've kis-" 
 
"MORNING KYUNGIE MORNING CREEP!" Baekhyun said all too cheerfully as he burst into the kitchen.
 
"Morning Baekkie hyung!" Kyungsoo flashed Baekhyun a smile. 
 
"I have something to ask Chanyeollie! Can he be excused Kyungie?" Baekhyun smiled. Although he is smiling, Chanyeol can still feel the underlying menace behind that smile. Chanyeol shivered.
 
"Of course! I am just about to be done with my breakfast, and I am heading out!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"You? Heading out? With whom?!" Baekhyun asked.
 
"I promised Minah that I'll hang out with her today! We will be going to the Karaoke!" Kyungsoo said while clapping his hands together.
 
"Oh..." Baekhyun and Chanyeol said together.
 
"So...now I will leave you guys to your own devices~ bye~" Kyungsoo said as he walked out of the kitchen towards his room to change. Baekhyun stood in trance for a moment to absorb the fact that Kyungsoo is hanging out with Minah. He felt....jealous?
 
"Why am I jealous of Minah? I mean...it's alright for him to go out with friends after all.." Baekhyun thought to himself. Then, from the corner of his eyes, he saw that Chanyeol is trying to sneak out of the kitchen. Using his swift and elegant Hapkido moves, Baekhyun pinned Chanyeol to the wall with his right leg on Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol whimpered in fear for the wrath of the older.
 
"B-baekkie! What are you doing?!" Chanyeol squeaked. Baekhyun didn't remove his vice grip. Instead, he stared hard at Chanyeol.
 
"What the hell are you doing?" Baekhyun glowered.
 
"N-nothing! I swear!"
 
"You think I didn't hear you? I am going to ask you one more time. What are you doing with Kyungsoo?"
 
"I-I am just trying to help! I m-mean n-no harm... I know you are sad because you need answers to why Kyungie kissed you..." Chanyeol stammered. Baekhyun released his feet from holding Chanyeol 
 
"For the record, I don't need your help. And also, you better keep your mouth shut. Nobody else should know about how Kyungsoo kissed me. NOBODY. You understand me?" Baekhyun glowered.
 
"Y-yes..." Chanyeol whimpered.
 
"Good. And one last thing. Only I can call Kyungsoo 'Kyungie' if I hear you calling him that again, I will end you!" Baekhyun threatened before walking out of the kitchen, leaving a terrified Chanyeol who is still trembling in fear.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Baekhyun oppa! What do you wanna do after lunch?" EunJi asked. Baekhyun and Eunji was eating at a restaurant selling Chinese food. Although he is with EunJi the whole time, but his mind is thinking about Kyungsoo, wondering if he had fun with Minah or is he eating well and what songs he will be singing at the karaoke. 
 
"EunJi ah, is it okay if I head home first? I am not feeling very well." Baekhyun replied.
 
"Are you okay oppa? Is it something you ate? Do you need to see the doctors?" EunJi asked with a voice full of concern. Baekhyun chuckled. Somehow he finds that EunJi is somehow quite like Kyungsoo. Both of them are caring, cute and warm. However, Kyungsoo is the one that been with him for a longer period of time, being there for him and all when he needs somebody.
 
"Why am I comparing my girlfriend to my best friend? I mean...they are different after all.." Baekhyun scolded himself internally.
 
"Just headache." Baekhyun replied to EunJi's question.
 
"Do I need to send you home?" EunJi smirked. Baekhyun laughed.
 
"No no, it's okay. I could drop you off first." Baekhyun replied. 
 
"Okay then.." EunJi tried to hide her disappointment. Absentmindedly, both Baekhyun and EunJi walked out of the restaurant and headed home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oppa~~~~" Minah said. Kyungsoo was spacing out outside of Paris Baguette. 
 
"Ah Minah, sorry, I was thinking of getting some pastries from here for my members. They loves the cakes from here." Kyungsoo replied apologetically.
 
"Really? Is the cake here any good?" Minah asked.
 
"The best." Kyungsoo smiled. What others didn't know is that before debut, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun often went there to have cakes. Kyungsoo would often order an Iced Americano and a slice of Lemon Fruit Cake while Baekhyun would order an Iced Cafe Mocha and a slice of Chocolate Freshcream Cake. Then they would just relax and chat through the whole afternoon enjoying each other's company.
 
Walking into the familiar store, Kyungsoo picked out a few different cakes and pastries for the members, then proceeded to buy a Chocolate Freshcream Cake for Baekhyun.
 
"Baekhyun seems rather down lately and today morning he seems to be quite angry with Chanyeol over something. Hopefully his favourite cake would cheer him up!" Kyungsoo thought to himself. 
 
"Oppa! Is this cake nice?" Minah asked, pointing to the Chocolate FreshCream cake. Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"It's not my favourite, but my best friend love it." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Upon reaching home, Baekhyun went to his room and lay on the bed. He couldn't think straight, a million of thoughts are rifling through his brain. He had no idea how long he lay there. It wasn't until he heard Kyungsoo's cheerful "I'm home!" before he even left his bed. Climbing out of his bed, he carefully made his way out to meet Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was just putting some pastries which he bought from Paris Baguette in the fridge when Baekhyun came up behind him and surprised him.
 
"Kyungie ah, did you miss me?" Baekhyun whispered into Kyungsoo's ear as he slid his arms around Kyungsoo's waist stealthily. Kyungsoo jumped. Turning around, he saw a smiling Baekhyun. 
 
"Hyung! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?! Stop sneaking up on me!" Kyungsoo said laughingly while pushing Baekhyun away lightly.
 
"I didn't know little Soo is a scaredy cat~" Baekhyun teased.
 
"Well, you haven't get surprised by you before, of course you don't know that feeling when there was nothing behind you and suddenly a gust of breath just tickles your neck!" Kyungsoo frowned. Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Why are you laughing?!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Nothing, it's just you being so cute that I can't stand it." Baekhyun said while poking Kyungsoo's nose.
 
"Aish hyung, I can't stand you." rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo turned around and started making dinner.
 
"So...how was your date?" Baekhyun asked casually, trying to avoid awkwardness.
 
"Oh, it was great! We went to the karaoke and we sang many songs! Minah was impressed by my English." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Well, your English is great. I mean...we all are impressed by your English." Baekhyun shrugged.
 
"You should learn more english hyung!" Kyungsoo said while Baekhyun just laughed. They fell silent for a moment.
 
"I bought your favourite Chocolate Freshcream Cake today." Kyungsoo said, interrupting the silence.
 
"Really? Thanks Soo yah.. It's been so long since we've last went to Paris Baguette.." Baekhyun said. 
 
"Yeah..we should go there together some day soon." Kyungsoo said. And once again, awkward silence enveloped them.
 
"So...is she your girlfriend now?" Baekhyun asked, and again, breaking the silence.
 
"Well..I guess so? I sent her home and she gave me a peck on the cheek, so...yea.." Kyungsoo replied uncertainly .
 
"Okay. Cool." Baekhyun replied.
 
"Yeah.." Kyungsoo said as he has no idea how to reply. Kyungsoo turned around from his cooking and eyed Baekhyun for a moment. Baekhyun started feeling shy, so he looked away.
 
"I'm just...gonna go shower." Baekhyun let his voice trails off.
 
"Yeah..go do that, I'll alert you when dinner is ready." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Okay.." Baekhyun replied and hurriedly turned around. He dashed back into his room. Opening his room door in a flash, he saw Chanyeol sitting in front of the computer. Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun and saw his flushed face. Chanyeol made his way towards his friend to comfort him as he saw the telltale sparkle at the corner of Baekhyun's eyes.
 
"There there," Chanyeol cooed while rubbing Baekhyun's head as he felt warm tears flowing down his cheeks once again.
 
Baekhyun has no idea what he is feeling. He just feels empty and sad.
 
.....
.....
.....
...
...
...
.
.
.
 
Hey guys! Finally I updated. I think I lost touch of my writing OTL. Don't kill me please....I know I'm gonna get murdered by you guys T~T I . Anyway, I'm currently overseas, so....I'll try to update whenever I can! To those getting annoyed by the fact that why haven't they get together yet, I can only tell you to wait MWAHAHAHA it's coming soon don't worry! Lemme give you a hint. Two . MWAHAHAHA not much of a hint eh? Anyway thanks for reading and tolerating my ish way of writing and sorry for all my grammatical errors T~T I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! THANK YOU FOR READING! Peace Out! (^o^)v