Final

The Distance Between Us

"Fairytales don't always have a happy ending do they?"

 

A/N: I swear this chapter is.....not as good as I planned OTL I'm always screwing up T~T I am just not good with words D: I swear my English D:

 


 

"Hello?" Kyungsoo spoke into his phone. He heard heavy breathing, but could never place the voice of the caller. Fearing that it might be a stalker fan, he was about to hang up. 
 
"If you're not answering, I'm gonna cut off soon."
 
"Wait. It's me." A female voice spoke. Kyungsoo frowned. The voice sounds familiar but...
 
"Hold on a second, I'm feeding Prince Fluffy."
 
 Prince Fluffy. That name is familiar.....oh.
 
"Tiffany noona? Tiffany noona is that you?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yup!!!!" Kyungsoo frowned. Tiffany has never called him before, thus he was a little taken aback.
 
"Well noona, how can I help you?" Kyungsoo smiled into the phone.
 
"I need to...hold on a second, Prince, sit!" Tiffany huffed into the speaker, "I wanted to have a talk with you, do you have...oh dear god TAENG STOP TICKLING ME I'M ON THE PHONE!" Tiffany shouted causing Kyungsoo to flinch. 
 
"I'm sorry about that, I was about to ask if you have any schedules, if not, can you meet me? You know, for a chat?"
 
Kyungsoo frowned. He and Tiffany wasn't close, thus he was actually surprised when Tiffany asked him out.
 
"Oh...D-do you have any schedules today?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Nope, no schedules. Shall we meet later in the late evening at the cafe that sells bubble tea near SM Entertainment where we all love to go to? Cofioca?"
 
"O-okay..."
 
"See you then!" With a click, Tiffany ended the call.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Fany ah, who did you just call?" Taeyeon asked as she nuzzled Tiffany's neck. Tiffany chuckled.
 
"I've called Kyungsoo out for a chat." Taeyeon frowned.
 
"Why did you do that?" Taeyeon asked. Tiffany let out a sigh.
 
"I knew I was right that time." Tiffany said in a small voice.
 
"Well, I've told you, you're never wrong when it comes to predicting if a relationship would go sour." Taeyeon shrugged.
 
"Something is not right between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, and did you see the way they sang for each other during our company's D&D? I can't help it. I felt that something needs to be done."
 
"But that is between them! You have to stop being such a saint sometimes! What if they don't want your help?"
 
"But I can't stand seeing people hurt, especially people like us!"
 
"They are big boys for Christ's sake!"
 
"Yeah! Remember the last time we didn't intervene? She's still hurting now isn't she?" Tiffany argued back.
 
"This isn't about Jessi and that , this is about them!" Taeyeon retorted.
 
"That's why all the more I couldn't stand back and watch as history repeats itself!"
 
The couple paused for a moment from their quarreling to catch their breath. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany sadly.
 
"I just don't want you to get hurt again." Taeyeon said sadly.
 
"And I promised I won't." Tiffany said as she use her right hand to cup Taeyeon's cheek, which Taeyeon leaned into.
 
"Alright. Do what you have to do. Just don't come back crying to me when they don't want to listen to your preaching." Taeyeon rolled her eyes.
 
"I promise I won't fail. Not this time." Tiffany smiled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo sat in the small bubble tea shop waiting for Tiffany as he toyed with the straw. He took a sip from his Chocolate Colada. He looked around the shop, chuckling, as that is the bubble tea shop where celebrities often went to leave their signature behind, also, fans would scribble some messages on the wall to the idols. He looked to his right, and saw a photo of Baekhyun pasted onto the window. Shuddering, he shifted his focus back to his drink once more.
 
Tiffany is taking longer than she should. Kyungsoo had been sitting in the small store for the past twenty minutes, but Tiffany had not made her appearance yet. The ahjummah of the shop was kind enough to lock and close her shop early so as to prevent crazy sasaeng fans from disrupting his peaceful time alone as he waited for Tiffany. 
 
Then, the doorbell rang as someone made attempt to enter the shop. The ahjummah looked up from the cash register as she went to open the door.
 
"Oh! It's you! Come on in, he's been waiting."
 
"Thanks!! Oh, I would like a Strawberry Colada please!" Tiffany said. She walked into the store and saw Kyungsoo sitting alone in his casual grey slacks. Tiffany smiled as she ruffled his hair.
 
"Hello Kyungie! How's my cute little dongsaeng doing?" Tiffany flashed her signature eyesmile as she took a seat in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shifted a little, feeling uncomfortable as Tiffany is not really close to him.
 
"I-I'm fine, thank you for asking. What about you?" Kyungsoo smiled. Tiffany let out a soft sigh.
 
"You know, you really shouldn't lie to me." Tiffany said. Kyungsoo leaned back in his seat.
 
"Noona..."
 
"You are not fine, and you know it." Tiffany said. Then, the ahjummah walked over with Tiffany's drink.
 
"Here you go pretty, on the house! I will be at the back of the store doing my stuff, do call out to me when you're leaving!" The ahjummah said, before retreating from the room to give the two a little privacy.
 
After the ahjummah left, Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh.
 
"You're right. I'm not okay. But there's nothing I can do about it." Kyungsoo said, looking away. Tiffany gave a sad frown.
 
"I know you have a lot on your plate right now, maybe you could start by telling me what happen, so that I may help?" Tiffany asked. Kyungsoo looked at Tiffany.
 
"I'm...not so sure."
 
"You can trust me," Tiffany grabbed Kyungsoo's hand, "I'm here to lend you a pair of listening ears." Tiffany smiled encouragingly. Somehow, the vibe that Tiffany gave off at the moment is kind, caring and motherly, and it makes Kyungsoo trust her.
 
"I...okay." Kyungsoo stilled himself as he gripped Tiffany's hand as if for support.
 
"Baek....he cheated on me." Kyungsoo started. Tiffany isn't surprised as she had guessed just as much.
 
"He slept with a producer so as to get an OST for a new drama."
 
Silence washed over the both of them. Kyungsoo felt tears rising but he blinks them away furiously. Tiffany swiped her thumb on Kyungsoo's cheeks.
 
"It's okay, just let it out." Tiffany's words are Kyungsoo's undoing. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he cried endlessly.
 
"I..I thought that he loved me. I thought that he would love me enough to never do such things to me. All those memories we had, all the hardship that we had suffered in order to be together. Are they nothing at all?" Kyungsoo cried as Tiffany fumbled through her purse for a packet of tissue.
 
"Here."
 
"Thanks." Kyungsoo took out a piece of tissue paper and wiped his eyes.
 
"All the memories, my heart, it hurts. And there's nothing I could do but just sit here and cry like a lost child. I hate it. I hate this helpless feeling so much." Kyungsoo sobbed. Tiffany just held his hands, giving him emotional support. She sat there silently as she listened.
 
"How can I handle a heart that is full of tears and scars? It hurts. It really really hurts. Memories of us laughing, arguing.. All these precious memories are choking me. He is literally choking me!" Kyungsoo said as he peeled Baekhyun's photo off the window of the shop and slammed it onto the table.
 
"I'm sorry noona... I'm so so sorry.." Kyungsoo cried softly. Tiffany sighed.
 
"It's okay. Actually, I've had a friend who went through the same thing as you." Tiffany said. Kyungsoo looked up at her.
 
"She...She is one of your seniors actually, but I won't disclose who." Tiffany said, twirling her thumbs uncomfortably as Kyungsoo listened on.
 
"Her partner cheated on her with another person, and when she found out, she broke." Kyungsoo's eyes widened.
 
"And she is hurt, even till today. And it has been three years." Tiffany said sadly.
 
"Actually from the start, I had already guessed that Baekhyun would do something like that. He is too ambitious. Far too ambitious. And you on the other hand, is a little too innocent." Tiffany shook her head lightly. Kyungsoo looked down at his dampened tissue.
 
"I don't know what to do... I want to forgive him so much, but I hate him so much at the same time..." Kyungsoo said in a soft voice. Tiffany looked at him with a soft gaze.
 
"But you can forgive him. Forgiveness is not a chore, it's a gift. You can forgive someone even though they had done terrible things to you." Tiffany said with a soft encouraging smile.
 
"But always remember, although you may have forgiven him, don't be stupid enough to forget what he did." Tiffany said. Kyungsoo gave out a soft hiccup before speaking.
 
"Is it okay if I want him back?" Kyungsoo asked softly. 
 
"Well..."
 
"Is it okay?" Kyungsoo asked again, looking at Tiffany fully.
 
"I won't recommend it. But, the decision is solely up to you. If you really love him so much, and if he still loves you as much, I don't see why not." Tiffany said unsurely.
 
"I... I'm not sure.."
 
"I can see that both of you still really loves each other. It would be a pity to just give up a beautiful relationship just like that." Tiffany smiled. Kyungsoo sighed again.
 
"No pressure though, you can still slowly ponder about it." Tiffany squeezed Kyungsoo's hand lightly. Kyungsoo looked up at Tiffany.
 
"Thank you very much noona. I think I know what I should do next."
 
"I'm sure you do."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So how did it go?" Taeyeon asked as Tiffany opened the door to their shared apartment. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon.
 
"I guess it went well." Tiffany smiled. 
 
"We should all pray for them then, we won't want another Jessi around here." Taeyeon said grimly.
 
"I'm sure Kyungsoo is capable of handling the rest by himself."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo went straight back into his room when he went back to the dorm. Sehun is in the room using his laptop. Kyungsoo lay down on his bed as he looked up at the ceiling, contemplating and sorting out his thoughts. Tiffany's words went through his brain again and again.
 
"Forgiveness is not a chore, it's a gift. You can forgive someone even though they had done terrible things to you. But always remember, although you may have forgiven, but don't be stupid enough to forget what he did."
 
Kyungsoo spaced out. Forgive but don't forget. What does that even mean? He pondered over these few lines for more than an hour. 
 
"Forgive but don't forget..." Kyungsoo murmured these lines over and over again. 
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" A lispy voice cut off Kyungsoo's chains of thoughts. Kyungsoo looked over to his right to see Sehun with his worried expression.
 
"Ah I'm fine." Kyungsoo smiled. Sehun cocked his head to the right.
 
"You sure? You seems to be kind of out of it." Sehun frowned.
 
"I...I'm just thinking, you know. Stuff." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Talk to me about it, you know I'll always be here for you." Sehun smiled gently. Kyungsoo let out a breath.
 
"If...if I got back together with Baekhyun, what would you guys think of me?" Kyungsoo asked. Sehun looked taken aback.
 
"What?! Why? I mean... Why would you do that?! After he hurt you so much? He don't deserve you hyung! You can find someone better!" Sehun said, aghast.
 
"It's just...I still love him..." Kyungsoo said softly. Sehun's gaze soften as he shifted over to Kyungsoo's side, and wrapped his arms around him.
 
"Hyung... I don't know..." Sehun said softly, nuzzling Kyungsoo, "I just don't want my favourite adorable hyung to get hurt again." Kyungsoo smiled as he pat Sehun's head.
 
"I..." Kyungsoo is lost for word.
 
"If you really want it, then you should talk to him," Sehun said, "whatever your choice is, we would respect it and support you."
 
"Thank you.... Thank you so much." Kyungsoo said as he hugged to younger once more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"We need to talk." 
 
Kyungsoo said as he stood by the doorway of Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo with his tired eyes. Baekhyun didn't sleep well at all these days.
 
"I... Sure, come on in." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo made his way into the room, his back against the door as he shuts it tight, and locked it.
 
"Baek."
"Kyung."
 
The both of them stopped for awhile, watching each other.
 
"For once, just for once. Listen to me, please." Baekhyun pleaded, looking at Kyungsoo with those sad eyes. Kyungsoo nodded. It's time for him to listen anyway.
 
"I... I know that it's useless to say sorry, when that is not what you really want to hear. But other than sorry, I have no idea what to say." Baekhyun said as he looked down at his feet. 
 
"I... I still love you. I really really do. I want to hug you, I want to kiss you, I want to cuddle with you and spoon you while we fall asleep, I want to see you blush as I say cheesy lines to you." Baekhyun's voice starts to tremble as tears starts flowing.
 
"It hurts me seeing you hurting, it hurts me even more when you pretended that you don't love me anymore. It is so hard, so hard for me to pretend that we are still all good and chirpy when we are in front of the cameras." Baekhyun said in a hushed voice as tears began dripping onto the floor as he don't dare to face Kyungsoo when speaking. He is afraid to see Kyungsoo, standing in front of him, looking fragile and broken. He is afraid to see how Kyungsoo would react to his words.
 
"Every time I see you crying, I want to just walk up to you, pull you into a deep embrace and wipe your tears away, but," Baekhyun let out a soft laugh, "you are not mine anymore."
 
"Sometimes I just wished that time could go back. Back to when we first met in that music room. Where the instructor brought me into the room where you were practicing alone. Remember the first time we met? Back in year 2011?" Baekhyun chuckled in his tears.
 
"You was wearing a plain black T-shirt and a blue denim jeans. You were warming up to vocal harmonizing exercise number 5. That time, your hair was still black, and mine was a chestnut brown colour. So much has change since then. When I walked in, you stared at me with those huge beautiful eyes. I felt like I fell for them the moment I looked into them." Baekhyun said softly. Kyungsoo felt his own tears threatening. 
 
"I remember." Kyungsoo whispered.
 
"Remember valentines day that year? Remember that box of expensive chocolates that I said that I bought for Taeyeon noona? Actually I bought them for you. But I was so stupid. I didn't know I was already in love with you, so I lied as you won't stop teasing me about getting chocolates for a girl that I like. I told you that they were for Taeyeon noona so that you would stop teasing me. But actually, those were for you. You're so stupid then, you even ran after Taeyeon just to give her the chocolates. I was so angry. Angry with myself that I should have just given them to you, instead, I allowed you to give them away." Baekhyun sobbed into his fist.
 
"I... I remember." Kyungsoo said as his tears slowly fell.
 
"Remember when we got to know that we are debuting together? We were so happy until Chanyeol came to interrupt our precious time together. You used to hate him so much because he would always snatch me away from you. I used to ignore you because of him as I loved seeing you jealous. That was when I thought maybe you loved me too, but I didn't have the courage to tell you." Baekhyun cried harder into his fist. Kyungsoo is lost for words.
 
"Remember when I got myself a girlfriend? I was so dumb. I felt that it was wrong to like you, so I've tried dating a girl. Everything I did with Eunji, I imagined doing them with you. I know it was wrong, but I did it anyway. And remember when I shouted at you for not helping me in distracting the sasaeng fans successfully? It was because I was angry with myself that I was thinking of you with such erted thoughts. I hated myself because of you." Baekhyun tightened his fist.
 
"That night, you were drunk. You kissed me. I loved that kiss so so much, but when you woke up the next day, you forgotten all about it. I was so upset, but I said nothing. Then, I broke up with Eunji. She was the one that made me realize that I really really love you. I confessed, you rejected me as you are a strict Christian and was confuse, then you confessed, which I gladly accepted." Baekhyun smiled slightly at the memory. Rivulets of tears flowed down Kyungsoo's cheeks as he remembers the little details of their relationship. It is too much.
 
"Then, a few months into our relationship, that woman showed up," Baekhyun said softly, "I was dumb. Filled with ambition and competitiveness. I fell into her lure and went all out to hurt you. I was so stupid." Baekhyun sobbed.
 
"The look on your face when you found out, you look so broken. I wanted to caress you, I wanted to hold you, but I couldn't." Baekhyun slowly looked up at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is crying freely now.
 
"When you ran out of our dorm that night, I knew it. Everything is over." Baekhyun said in a hushed voice.
 
"Not everything." Kyungsoo said softly. Baekhyun looked at this man in front of him. His one true love. The man that is so broken up like a toy.
 
"Every night. I wanted you back. I wanted you to kiss me till I'm breathless, I wanted you to dominate me and subject me to your love. All I thought about is you. And I cried myself to sleep every night because of you. Because I wanted you back so badly." Kyungsoo took a step towards Baekhyun.
 
"I remembered how much you loved Chocolate Freshcream cake, so I tried having some, and I ended up eating a whole 28 inch cake all by myself. I hated the cake. But it is something you loved. Something that keeps me connected to you somehow." Kyungsoo took another step towards Baekhyun.
 
"Then, I kissed Chanyeol, wanting to forget about you. Hoping that you'll find out somehow and make it hurt you as much as it hurts me. But that didn't work out, Chanyeol hyung isn't gay." Kyungsoo stood in front of Baekhyun.
 
"I know we went through a lot to be together, but everything is so screwed up right now. Maybe its the fault in our stars. Maybe we just aren't meant for each other." Kyungsoo stooped down to Baekhyun's eye level.
 
"But I am still in love with you. So much that it hurts." Kyungsoo leaned forward and pulled Baekhyun into an embrace. Baekhyun wrapped his arms tightly around the other, afraid that he might pull away.
 
The two of them just sat there and hugged as they cried into each other's shoulders. No words were needed as the two of them felt the warmth of each other that they have been craving for. The scent of each other that they had missed. Both of them struggled and clawed at each others back so as to make sure the other isn't slipping away. They clung onto each other, unwilling to separate, tears wetting each other's clothes.
 
"So what are we now?" Baekhyun asked as tears flowed freely down his cheeks. Kyungsoo pushed away to look at him. This man. The man that he dearly loves so much.
 
"I don't know. What do you want us to be?" Kyungsoo replied. He felt his own cheeks turning damp because of his tears.
 
"I have no idea too." Baekhyun looked on the ground. He silently cried as his heart just hurts to much. Kyungsoo watches Baekhyun as he broke down even more.
 
"I have an idea." Kyungsoo breathed out. Baekhyun looked up. The gaze that Kyungsoo is giving him, intense, filled to the brim with love. Baekhyun felt the world stopped as he stopped breathing in that moment.
 
"Lets start all over again." Kyungsoo smiled with tears streaming down his face as he use his thumb to wipe away Baekhyun's tears. Baekhyun looked confused.
 
"From the beginning where we first met. In the music room." Kyungsoo explained.
 
"Okay." Baekhyun said as he took a step backwards while wiping his face. Kyungsoo did the same. Feeling ready, Baekhyun gave out a chuckle as he wiped his face rather clumsily.
 
"From the very beginning." Kyungsoo said, smiling through his tears.
 
"From the very beginning." Baekhyun nodded.
 
"Hello! My name is Byun Baekhyun. Please take care of me!" Baekhyun said as he extended his hand for Kyungsoo to shake it.
 
"M-my name is Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo smiled as he took Baekhyun's hand in his. His hand, warm and soft to touch. Delicate.
 
The pair smiled, with tears glistening their cheeks, like idiots as they felt that they are very stupid.
 
This is a fresh start for the both of them.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
BRB, crying ugly tears. Omg I've cried so much writing this that I couldn't believe I've finished writing this chapter D: I cried so much that my eyes are too swollen for proof reading....so sorry for any mistakes made..
 
TOO FAST ARGH MY STORYLINE EVOLVES TO FASTTTTTTTTTTT DNJASIDNSUAIFSKAFONOKDASMOKFALFINASIOFASNKOF IM SO SORRY
 
Don't unsubscribe yet~ there is still epilogue!!!!!!!!! I will mark the story complete when it is really complete, so as long as it's not mark complete yet, it means that there is mooooooreeeee hehehe. Anyway, I apologize for this chapter OTL everything happens too fast, I know I know. I :( I'm so sorry D: