Dye

The Distance Between Us

 

"Red, I feel my soul on fire. Black, my world if he's not there. Red, the color of desire! Black the colour of despair.."

 
"Kyungie" Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep as he felt someone trying to shake him awake. He let out a soft moan before snuggling back to his very own personal-blueberry-scented-human-sized-warm pillow. He rubbed his cheeks against the said pillow and leaned deeper into its warmth. The said pillow let out a soft chuckle. 
 
"Kyungie, you have to get off me now~" Baekhyun cooed as he scratched the back of Kyungsoo's ears. Kyungsoo reluctantly sat up. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he eyed Baekhyun through the slits between his eyelids as he is far too sleepy to open his eyes fully. He gave a pout with only led to having the older giving him a soft peck on the lips.
 
"Is it time already?" Kyungsoo asked as he continued rubbing his eyes.
 
"Yup!"
 
"But hyung, I don't want you to go~" Kyungsoo pouted. Baekhyun chuckled before leaning in and kissing him again.
 
"But I have to!" 
 
"Stay please~" Kyungsoo begged.
 
"I have to meet manager noona outside the dorm in ten minutes! She will murder me if I am late...and the hairdresser will definitely send me personally to my grave if we are late!" Baekhyun said while rubbing his nose to Kyungsoo's.
 
"But I wanna sleep in with you~ Can't I go to the salon with you? Then I can sleep on your lap while they do your hair" Kyungsoo whined while giving a puppy look. Baekhyun chuckled.
 
"Nah honey, you should have your beauty sleep at home, so that you could stay so pretty forever and be my pretty baby forever~" Baekhyun cooed. 
 
"Seems like you really have to go then..." Kyungsoo sighed.
 
"Yeap! Don't you want to see me in my new hot hairstyle for our comeback?" Baekhyun said while rubbing Kyungsoo's head.
 
"Ugh. Fine. But I really pity your scalp...I should ask manager hyung to buy you a better shampoo, a revitalizing shampoo or volumizing shampoo for your poor scalp and hair shafts.. Your hair is far too dry and damaged lately!"
 
"Always looking out for me~"
 
"Because you are a big baby."
 
"Your baby."
 
"Cheese."
 
"Yours."
 
"Ugh hyung! Aren't you late or something?"
 
"And whose the one that was whining about not wanting me to go five minutes ago?"
 
"Ugh. Just go already." Kyungsoo threw a pillow at Baekhyun.
 
"Fine!" Baekhyun said, smiling, before leaning down to capture Kyungsoo's lips once more, leaving butterflies in Kyungsoo's stomach.
 
"Just be safe and come back soon.." Kyungsoo said after breaking the kiss.
 
"Okay.." Baekhyun pecked Kyungsoo's forehead before standing up to leave.
 
"I'll get going now, you get more sleep baby. I'll be back soon." Baekhyun said before closing the room's door and Kyungsoo hummed a reply. Then, Baekhyun left. 
 
Kyungsoo lay back down on the bed, stuffing his nose deep in the pillow Baekhyun had used the previous night and inhaled deeply. It has a tinge of the blueberry body wash which Baekhyun started using again, and the scent of Baekhyun's hair. Kyungsoo couldn't place the smell, but it smells between mint and a hint of sweat. Yes. Sweat. Kyungsoo blushed remembering the hot make out session they had the night before. 
 
Drowning in Baekhyun's scent, Kyungsoo soon found himself drifting off back to sleep once more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At the salon.
 
"WHAT?! NOOOOOOOO NO WAY PLEASE NO!" Baekhyun begged as his eyes widened. His manager noona and coordinator just scoffed and shook their head.
 
"Come on Baekhyun, your fans would love it." The hairdresser cajoled.
 
"B-b-but!!!!!!" Baekhyun was lost for words. The hairdresser, manager and coordinator had went behind his back and decided for him that he's going to dye his hair to a different colour again. It would be his third time dyeing his hair in a month. And the current colour that they are going to make him dye is a colour mixed in between purple and red.
 
"I'm going to be a dumb red head.. What will Kyungie think of me?!" Baekhyun whined. 
 
"Please Baekhyun, you are being dumb now. And it's dumb BLONDE, red heads aren't dumb." His coordinator scolded as her hair colour is red as well.
 
"B-but..." Baekhyun whimpered cutely while pouting.
 
"No buts, Byun Baekhyun. I am your manager, not some fangirls that could be bought over with your aegyo. You will be dyeing the colour Royal Magenta no matter what or you will never leave this salon ever!" The manager noona commanded. Baekhyun looked like a whipped puppy as he looked at his feet with his lips sticking out in a pout. If he did this to the fans, they would probably go crazy. But this is his manager noona, she couldn't give a damn about his cute expression as she is totally immune to them.
 
"Royal Magenta..tch..such a cliché name for such a ty colour..." Baekhyun mumbled under his breath as he made his way to take his seat in front of the mirror.
 
"Yah, Byun Baek. Stop complaining like a child! You're twenty-two for gods sake!" The coordinator scolded.
 
"Okay okay! Fine. Lets get this over with..." Baekhyun resigned to his fate. 
 
Then, the hairdresser advance on him with an evil expression like a lion preparing to pounce on his prey.
 
Baekhyun gulped as he closed his eyes not wanting to see what will become of his hair.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few hours later.
 
"Uwahhhhhhhhhhh there is no way Kyungie will look at me ever againnnnnnnnn!" Baekhyun whined as he looked at his reflection before the mirror. He eyed his manager and coordinator from the corner of his eyes and he swore that he could see them giving high-fives to each other.
 
"Y-yah! You two! Stop laughing at me!" Baekhyun flushed as he pointed awkwardly at his manager and coordinator.
 
"Byun Baekhyun! Stop talking to me like that! I am your manager for god sakes, show some respect!" The manager scolded. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, then went back to looking at himself in the mirror. It wasn't that bad... But he would need some getting used to. Now, he just wasn't accustomed to his own hair colour yet. Feeling emotional, he belted out a song that totally suits his situation right now.
 
"Who is that girl I see? 
Staring straight back at me...
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?
Must I pretend that I'm someone else for all time?
When will my reflection shows who I am inside-"
 
"Yah Byun Baekhyun, stop going all musical over your new hair colour!" His manager cut him off. Baekhyun jumped visibly as no one has abruptly cut him off while he was singing so emotionally. The song is an English song, from the movie Mulan which he watched with Kyungsoo sometime long ago. Baekhyun sighed. 
 
"Stop sighing, Kyungsoo will definitely say that you look hot." His coordinator tried to cheer him up.
 
"Yeah...hopefully." Baekhyun hung his head lowly, as low as spirits.
 
Baekhyun swear he hates salons from that day on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When they reached the dormitory, Baekhyun opened the door as quietly as possible as he doesn't want anyone to wake up seeing him with his new hairdo, even though everyone is going to see them sooner or later. Upon entering the dorm, he knew that avoiding his group mates, especially Kyungsoo would be impossible.
 
The sound of Kyungsoo making breakfast in the kitchen and the sound of Jongin and Chanyeol speaking in the kitchen already made it obvious that attempting to avoid is futile. Taking in a deep breath, Baekhyun ran from the door, pass the kitchen, all way back into his room while shouting "I'm home!"
 
Entering the room, he locked the door and jumped into his own bed which he haven't slept in for days as he has been sleeping with Kyungsoo in Kyungsoo's bed recently. He groaned into his pillow as he felt tears rising as he has no idea how to face Kyungsoo. He thought about how Kyungsoo would definitely break up with him upon seeing his new hair. He lay there for a few more moments before hearing the familiar soft thuds of Kyungsoo's footsteps making its way to the room.
 
The doorknob rattled a little as Kyungsoo tried to open the door.
 
"Baekhyunnie, hyung, what are you doing locking yourself in there? Come on out!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"NOOOOOOOO....."
 
"Why? What's wrong hyung? Talk to me..."
 
"I-I can't face you now..." Baekhyun sobbed as tears fell down his cheeks.
 
"Byun Baekhyun open the door this instant!" Kyungsoo pleaded.
 
"No!"
 
"What's wrong? Talk to me!" Kyungsoo sounded exasperated.
 
"I-it's my hair...it's so weird right now." Baekhyun sniffles. He could hearing Kyungsoo laughing outside.
 
"Baekkie, come on out, let me take a look."
 
"No! No way..."
 
"Baekhyunnie I promise I won't laugh!"
 
"But you are already laughing!" Baekhyun whined.
 
"I'm laughing at your childishness!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"You're still laughing."
 
"Byun Baekhyun."
 
"What?"
 
"Open the door. NOW." Kyungsoo commanded. Sighing, Baekhyun dragged himself up from the bed towards the door. 
 
Kyungsoo waited excitedly as he really want to see Baekhyun's new hairstyle. He hears Baekhyun shuffles lazily behind the door. Baekhyun on the other hand, hesitated at the doorknob. Then, he opened the door slowly. Kyungsoo pushed the door wide open. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun for a little while with his eyes wide in shock. Baekhyun felt himself crying as he hit the younger on the chest, lightly as his arms gone weak.
 
"I told you so... I look weird!" Baekhyun plummeted back down into his bed and buried his head inside his pillow and wept. Kyungsoo was stunned. Baekhyun. In red purplish hair. IS DAMN HOT. Kyungsoo felt himself hyperventilating, then he realized that Baekhyun is wallowing in despair as Baekhyun thought that Kyungsoo didn't like his new hair colour. Kyungsoo chuckled before sitting down on the bed beside Baekhyun.
 
"Yah Byun Baek." Kyungsoo started. Baekhyun squeezed his eye shut.
 
"This is it...he's going to break up with me..." Baekhyun thought to himself ominously as more tears streamed down his cheeks, dampening the pillow. 
 
"You have no idea..." Kyungsoo said as he moved dangerously close to Baekhyun's ear lobes, "how ing hot you are with this hair colour..." Baekhyun stunned. He shot straight up and looked at Kyungsoo.
 
"Really?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo chuckled as he raised his hand to wipe away the older's tears.
 
"Yeah...you look so hot that I want to have you for breakfast." Kyungsoo winked. Baekhyun blushed furiously.
 
"I thought you were going to break up with me.." Baekhyun sniffed. 
 
"What?!" Kyungsoo laughed maniacally like a cynical witch.
 
"I can't believe it! Baekhyunnie ah, why would I break up with you? I love you so damn much and you look so damn hot. Why would I let go of such a catch?" Kyungsoo smirked.
 
"B-because I thought I looked weird and you'd hate me...for my hair..." Baekhyun trailed off. 
 
"Byun Baekhyun. You. Are. Really. Such. A BABY!" Kyungsoo said while leaning in to kiss Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled.
 
"Your baby..." Baekhyun replied as he kissed Kyungsoo. Then, Kyungsoo pulled away. 
 
"Come on, lets show off my baby's hottest new hairstyle to the others!" Kyungsoo squealed before pulling Baekhyun out with him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
At the dining table during breakfast. 
 
"Nice hair colour!"
 
"Hyung you're getting laid tonight"
 
"Fans would love it"
 
"You're looking good ByunBaek!"
 
Everyone at the table is singing praises to Baekhyun's new hair colour and Baekhyun seems pleased. But little did he know that everyone is only doing so as Kyungsoo had told everyone how sensitive Baekhyun is as regards to his hair colour (while threatening to whack the daylight out of anyone, that dares to criticize his Baekhyun, with a rolling pin). Then...suddenly..
 
"He's just a boy and his hair's on fire~ This boy is on fire~ his hair is on fire~~~~" someone sang with the tunes of Alicia Key's "Girl On Fire". Everyone turned around, eyes wide and jaws gaping, and saw that its Chanyeol, singing while laughing and holding his stomach.
 
"Hyung, your hair is really on fire! HAHAHA have you seen the mirror yet-" Chanyeol was cut off by Kyungsoo throwing a lump of bread in his face. Still laughing, Chanyeol continued singing. Kyungsoo scowled.
 
"Hyung, ignore him. He's drunk early in the morning." Kyungsoo said while pressing a kiss on Baekhyun's lips.
 
"Hey I'm not drunk!" Chanyeol protested.
 
"I know Kyungie, I don't care, as long as you think that my hair is hot, it's all that matters." Baekhyun said before kissing Kyungsoo again. Both of them began making out at the dining table and ignoring everybody else.
 
"Ugh. I'm gonna take my breakfast else where." Sehun said as he stood up and walked out of the dining room.
 
Who knows? Baekhyun might grow to love his new hair colour after all.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
HEY GUYS HEHEHE SORRY FOR THE ISH ENDING AS I ENCOUNTERED MY WRITER'S MIND BLOCK AGAIN! I feel like I'm on crack when I'm writing this chapter OTL please don't murder me if it ...anyway...I'm promoting a new TaeNy fic called "The Way You Look At Me" so TaeNy shippers out there, do keep a look out! Forgive me for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors okay? Woohoo weekends finally after a long schooling week! So... PEACE OUT! \(^w^)/