That Girl

The Distance Between Us

"Running in circles, chasing our tails"

WARNING: this chapter is kinda angsty, the level of fluffiness is as tall as an ant, so.... please do not murder me!!! T____T 


 

Kyungsoo ran out of the dormitory and dashed into the car that is waiting for him outside. 

"Just drive." Kyungsoo told the driver. Looking out of the windows into the city lights that are starting to light up, Kyungsoo bit back his tears that are forming at the corner of his eyes. 

"Kyungie, is that Baekhyun that is running behind our car? Should we pull over and let hi-"

"It's okay hyung, just keep driving." Kyungsoo's voice trembled as the tears are flowing down his cheeks. The driver, Ryeowook, looked at Kyungsoo through the rear mirror and saw Kyungsoo crying. Keeping quiet, Ryeowook continued driving to an unknown destination.

After what seems to be an eternity later, Ryeowook decided to break the silence.

"Kyungie, you asked me to keep driving, but where exactly do you want to go?" Ryeowook asked.

"I don't know hyung, I want to go somewhere far from here. I don't want to stay in my dorm." Kyungsoo spoke in a raspy voice. After crying for so long, it would be hard not to make your voice hoarse. Ryeowook then, took Kyungsoo back to Super Junior's dormitory. Upon reaching, SJ's dorm, Ryeowook made Kyungsoo sit in the living room while he went to grab a drink for Kyungsoo.

"The dorm is empty today as some of them went back to their old house while the others headed out with their friends. Eunhyuk is in his own room, but I doubt that he will come out of his room soon." Ryeowook answered Kyungsoo's unasked questions. Kyungsoo nodded and continued staring at the glass of iced water that was being out into his hands by Ryeowook.

"Now, would you please tell why did you gave me an emergency call on the fine evening and disrupted my little reading session?" Ryeowook asked, trying to be as gentle as possible to the very fragile Kyungsoo that is now right in front of him. Kyungsoo sighed, as he began to recollect the time before he ran out of the dorm, not leaving a single detail out to his hyung.


[FLASHBACK]

It has been 4 months since their initial debut, and now, EXO hardly has any schedules, so everyone slept in late. Everyone except for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is reading a book on the dining table while enjoying a mug of lukewarm sweet potato latte which his manager got him from his favourite donut stall, the "Dunkin' Donuts". He is enjoying the latte, while taking a huge bite of his breakfast which are a ringed, chocolate flavored donut, and a heart-shaped mix berries flavored donuts. Kyungsoo loves to take interval bites between the two donuts to contrast the taste of chocolates and berries. He is just enjoying some self-quality time on his own before his day with the restless members starts. However...

"Kyungie..." someone breathed into Kyungsoo's neck, causing him to jumped up and spilled some of the sweet potato latte onto his shorts.

"Hyung! You do not sneak up on me like that!" Kyungsoo said while slapping Baekhyun's chest.

"But your reaction is just so funny!" Baekhyun pouted while rubbing his chest area where the younger just assaulted him.

"See! You've made me spill my latte on my shorts!"

"Then go change it then!"

"Yah! You forgot whose the one doing all the laundry!"

"Too bad then~ you're the one that never hold on to your latte properly~" 

"Ugh! Seriously hyung, I hate you!" Kyungsoo stormed his way back into his room to change into another pair of shorts. Flipping open his cupboard, he could only find a pair of extremely short shorts as the rest of them are still washing. Kyungsoo mentally cussed himself for not doing the laundry a few days back, so now he has to bear with the super short pair of shorts. After wearing it, Kyungsoo looked into the mirror and saw that his oversized t-shirt had actually managed to cover his shorts, making it look as if he wasn't wearing any shorts, thus showing off his milky thighs. He blushed as he think of how Baekhyun would react upon seeing him like this.

"Ugh! I am disgusting. I am not gay, and so is Baekhyun hyung! Why am I having such naughty thoughts?" Kyungsoo knocked his own head as he walked back towards the kitchen. Back in the kitchen, he spied that Baekhyun had ravished his chocolate donut and is now proceeding to attacking his mixed-berries donuts.

"Yah you greedy pig! How dare you attack my breakfast while I'm changing?!" Kyungsoo scold.

"I am hungry! And your donuts looks so tempting that I couldn't help myself but," Baekhyun turned around and saw the scantily-dressed Kyungsoo. He couldn't help himself but let his gaze trail towards Kyungsoo's milky thighs, "finish eating them..." Baekhyun's voice trailed off as he continued looking at Kyungsoo's thighs. 

"YAH BYUNTAE!" Kyungsoo slapped Baekhyun's head, causing Baekhyun to hurriedly turn away while blushing.

"How dare you look at me like that?! YOU VVVVVV!!!!!!" Kyungsoo screeched.

"YOU ARE THE UNDER-DRESSED ONE! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A ?!" Baekhyun argued.

"THAT'S BECAUSE THIS IS A SHORTS THAT I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO WEAR IT AS THE REST ARE STILL WASHING WHILE YOU SPILLED THE LATTE ON MY SHORTS!"

"PLEASE, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SPILLED LATTE ON YOUR SHORTS!" Baekhyun huffed.

"YOU ARE THE ONE THAT MA-"

"ENOUGH hyung, you two may have woke up, but the rest are still sleeping!" Sehun said monotonously as he walked into the kitchen while rubbing his eyes. Stopping in front of Kyungsoo, his eyes shot wide open and he gasped.

"Oh my god Kyungsoo hyung! Nice thighs! Where are your pants though?" Sehun asked earning a smack from Kyungsoo. 

"It's all Baekhyun's fault!" Kyungsoo pouted. 

"Well, I could borrow you a pair of sweats if you want," Sehun offered.

"That would do, thank you very much." Kyungsoo replied. With that, Sehun went back to his bedroom to fetch the sweats for Kyungsoo.

"Speaking of, why are you up so early today Baekkie? Aren't you the pig who always sleeps till late afternoon?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I'm going on a date today!" Baekhyun replied cheerfully.

"With who?" Sehun asked as he walked back into the kitchen, "here hyung." Sehun said as he tossed a pair of sweats to Kyungsoo. Lazy to walk back to his room to change, Kyungsoo just stripped in front of the both of them and then changed into the pair of sweats that Sehun borrowed him. Baekhyun almost nosebleed, he blushed furiously and looked away.

"I am going on a date with Jung EunJi today!" Baekhyun smiled happily as he clasp his hands together, giving a dreamy expression.

"Huh? EunJi? The main vocals from APink?" Sehun asked. 

"Yup~!" Baekhyun sighed dramatically. "She is just so adorable, and her voice sounds so much like and angel."

"How did you guys met?" Kyungsoo asked while trying his best to be happy for his best friend.

"Well, we met at the back stage during one of the Music Core shows, and I've asked for her number." Baekhyun replied.

"When did it happened?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Kyungsoo asked, rather passive-aggressively.

"Well~ I only started asking her out last week! And today is our first date!" Baekhyun replied excitedly like a little kid who has just received a box of candies from his teacher for scoring full marks for a test.

"Oh well~ lucky you." Sehun said, "anyways, I have to meet Luhan soon, we are having bubble tea, so.. Bye!" with that, Sehun hopped out of the kitchen. That kid is always excited by bubble teas, and Luhan is always his partner in crimes with bubble tea.

"Kyungie! You have to help me!" Baekhyun whined.

"W-what? Help you? With what?" Kyungsoo asked.

"It's my first date, and I am picking her up in about two hours time! And I have no idea what to wear! Moreover, I need someone to distract the sasaeng fans that are stalking outside our dorm so that I could leave in peace!" Baekhyun said.

"So...you are basically asking for me to be your decoy while you go enjoy yourself on a date?" Kyungsoo asked skeptically while Baekhyun look as if he is a puppy wagging his tail asking for help. Kyungsoo simply could not stand that cuteness that the older is giving.

"Fine. But on one condition." Kyungsoo said. 

"And what is it?" Baekhyun asked.

"You will have to buy me something and do my laundry for a month."

 

 

One hour later, Baekhyun is ready for his date. Kyungsoo helped him pick out a simple but cute blue Ralph Lauren Polo T-shirt, with a pair of black Levi's Jeans, and an Armani Exchange belt. Kyungsoo also helped Baekhyun to style his hair to make Baekhyun look very handsome. Kyungsoo also sprayed some Acqua Di Giò Giorgio Armani perfume on him. And with that, Baekhyun is now looking extremely handsome and smelling really attractive, he is good to go. 

"Thank you Kyungie! I love you so much! I'm so glad that you are my best friend!" Baekhyun hugged the younger. Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered close in the warmth embrace, he basked him Baekhyun's citrusy top notes and woody base notes of the perfume. Baekhyun smells really good with the perfume which a fan gave to Kyungsoo.

"You're welcome, now, go get her." Kyungsoo replied, although he felt a stabbed in his heart, he didn't show it.

"Okay." Baekhyun let go of the warm embrace, "now, lets do this. Kyungie, you will have to go out to distract the fans first."

"Okay, I will pretend that I am going to the groceries with manager hyung, and you will use this opportunity to run." 

"Thank you for doing so much for me."

"Anytime for you, hyung." with that, Kyungsoo turned and walked out of the door.

 

"Ugh, why am I so stupid?!" Kyungsoo thought to himself while walking down the aisle in the supermarket. He can hear fangirls whispering and giggling behind him. Quickly, he grabbed some flour, kimchi and chocolates, and made his way to the counter. He  hurriedly paid for the items and made a dash back out into his manager's car which is waiting for him outside. Heaving a sigh of relieve that none of the fangirls actually accosted him, his manager began to drive him home.

 

That day evening.

"DO KYUNGSOO." Baekhyun's voice boomed into the living room. Kyungsoo was enjoying his cookies while reading the book that he was reading in the morning. Looking up from his book, he saw an angry Baekhyun in front of him.

"Hey hyung, you're back early, how was your da-"

"DON'T YOU DARE GO THERE." Baekhyun shouted. Kyungsoo was stunned. He has no idea what he had done to cause Baekhyun to be so mad.

"WHICH PART OF 'DISTRACT THEM' DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?! I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY HALF MY DATE BECAUSE OF THOSE STUPID IDIOTIC FANGIRLS THAT ARE TRAILING BEHIND ME AND EUNJI THE WHOLE TIME! WE DIDN'T EVEN KISS OR HELD HANDS OR DO THOSE SWEET THINGS THAT COUPLES DID DURING THEIR FIRST DATE!" Baekhyun bellowed.

"But hyung, I did tr-"

"DON'T SAY THAT YOU'VE TRIED YOUR BEST, TRYING IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! GOSH! ITS JUST A SIMPLE FAVOUR THAT I'VE ASKED OF YOU AND YOU CAN'T EVEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!"

"But I did managed to distract the sasaeng fans outside ou-"

"DON'T YOU GET IT?! WHEN I SAY DISTRACT 'THEM' I MEAN ALL OF THEM! NOW LOOK AT HOW YOU'VE RUINED MY FIRST DATE!" Baekhyun literally shouted.

"Byun Baekhyun. That's enough." Junmyeon's voice came booming into the room, "don't you think that you are a little selfish? Kyungsoo sacrificed his time to help you distract some of the fangirls and he risked being harassed by them because of you and this is how you thank him?" Junmyeon reasoned with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo couldn't hold it in anymore. The rivulets of tears are flowing steadily down his cheeks. He is crying out a river. He felt hurt, betrayed and angry. He felt that Baekhyun is a jerk and after all the good things he has done for him and this is how he repay him. Baekhyun's heart broke when he saw that he has made him cry.

"Kyu-" Baekhyun started, but Kyungsoo already fled the room back to the safety of his own room. Picking out his phone, he called Ryeowook to come and fetch him and that it was an emergency. Kyungsoo waited in his room, ignoring the pleas of Baekhyun to let him in. It wasn't until Ryeowook texted Kyungsoo saying that he is in his car outside his dorm, then Kyungsoo unlocked his room's door and stepped out. Baekhyun looked relieved when Kyungsoo stepped out of his room. He tried to apologize again but this time he was cut off by Kyungsoo.

"Save it for someone who cares, Baekhyun-ssi." Formality. It is something that Kyungsoo hasn't used on Baekhyun for a very long time. Baekhyun was stunned. He stood rooted to the ground as he watched Kyungsoo's back fleding out of the house.

"Kyung, where are you going?!" Baekhyun chased after him. He saw Kyungsoo climbing into a car. He tried to chase after the car but he was never much of a runner, thus, he could only watch as Kyungsoo drove away into the beautiful sunset.

[END OF FLASHBACK]


"And that's, exactly what happened." Kyungsoo sniffles as he finishes his story.

"Awww you poor thing." Ryeowook said while rubbing Kyungsoo's hair. He love his junior a lot as if they are real-blooded brothers.

"Well that certainly sounds depressing." a voice came from the back. The pair turned around and saw an amused looking Eunhyuk.

"What do you want? Can't you see we're busy?" Ryeowook said with a tint of annoyance in his voice.

"Well, it's kinda hard seeing cute little Kyungsoo so upset. I suggest we bring him out to cheer him up a little bit!" Eunhyuk said with much enthusiasm.

"What are you suggesting?" Ryeowook asked.

"Let's go clubbing."

.....

.....

...

...

.

.

.

 

SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER OTL BUT THIS IS WHERE ALL THE DRAMA COMES IN. This chapter is the pilot of all the drama and angst that is going to come, so please forgive me >_< forgive me for all the grammatical errors too! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Well update soon! Peace out! (^o^)¥