Connection

The Distance Between Us

 

"Every time I try to fly, I fall without my wings, I feel so small.."

 
"Channie?" Kyungsoo spoke out. Chanyeol is laying down on his bed, back facing the door. Kyungsoo felt guilty.
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked. He swore that he could hear Chanyeol sobbing. 
 
"Hyu-"
 
"For god sakes Do Kyungsoo. LEAVE ME ALONE!" Chanyeol shouted. Kyungsoo was taken aback as Chanyeol has never shouted at him before. Kyungsoo's knees were shaking and eyes watery as he saw Chanyeol's swollen lip. Slowly, he left the room to get some ice. Moving back into the room, he saw Chanyeol sobbing loudly into his pillow.
 
"H-hyung...here's some ice." Kyungsoo said shakily.
 
"Stop being so nice to me Soo." Chanyeol said as he accepted the ice from Kyungsoo.
 
"Why? You're my friend." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Yeah. That's why you shouldn't be so nice to me. If not Baekhyun is going feral again." Chanyeol grunted and frowned as he applied the ice on his lips. Then, he set the ice down on the nightstand with a loud "thump!" before turning his back on Kyungsoo to face the wall and sleep. Kyungsoo felt tears slipped by his face. He knew that no matter what he said, Chanyeol would still be wounded. He knew that no matter what he said, Baekhyun would still be jealous. 
 
"I never wanted any of these to happen." Kyungsoo said in a hushed voice as he climbed into Baekhyun's bed and fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyung, you can sleep in Kyungsoo's bed tonight." Jongin said to Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked at his hands. Baekhyun thought and thought. Why had he been so jealous? Why is he so stupid? He slapped himself.
 
"Hyung! What are you doing?" Jongin said, alarmed at the loud sound of skin hitting flesh. Baekhyun ignored Jongin and slapped himself again.
 
"Hyung! Stop!" Jongin said as he tried to hold Baekhyun's hands down, "what do you think you're doing?!"
 
"Kyungie probably hates me now.." Baekhyun said as tears slowly fell from his face. Jongin just looked at Baekhyun and sighed. Baekhyun just cried and cried and Jongin couldn't do anything. Jongin tried to comfort him but it only made Baekhyun's crying even worst. He hugged Baekhyun and patted his back.
 
"Kyungsoo hyung don't hate you, he just needed some space." Jongin assured. Baekhyun looked up at the younger.
 
"You didn't see the way he looked at me just now.." Baekhyun sobbed.
 
"Well, knowing Kyungsoo hyung for so long, I can only say that he won't hate someone so easily unless you did something that is unforgivable." Jongin said.
 
"But what if he wants to break up with me?" Baekhyun sniffles.
 
"Hyung, you're really stupid you know? Kyungsoo hyung love you to death, how could he break up with you?" Jongin laughed.
 
"I hope what you say is true..." Baekhyun hiccuped. He look like a vulnerable little boy right now.
 
"It's true, you should probably get some sleep as you must be tired." Jongin said, patting the older's head once.
 
"Okay.." Baekhyun said. Jongin moved back to his bed and laid down.
 
"Jongin?" Baekhyun called out.
 
"Yes hyung?" Jongin replied.
 
"I used to hate you, but... Thank you. For everything." Baekhyun said.
 
"It's nothing. Just go to sleep hyung." Jongin said awkwardly. 
 
Baekhyun wrapped Kyungsoo's blanket around himself and sighed. He miss Kyungsoo already. He took in Kyungsoo's light vanilla scent in the blanket as he drifted off to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo woke up feeling uneasy. He woke up feeling cold. He wrapped the blanket securely around himself. Baekhyun's blanket to be exact. He took in the lemony scent of the blanket and feels dizzy from Baekhyun's scent. Kyungsoo let out a soft sigh. He really had hoped that Baekhyun hasn't been so jealous. He has no idea why, but Baekhyun has been really possessive lately. He even gave him hickeys while making out! It is as if Baekhyun wants the world to know that Kyungsoo belongs to him. Kyungsoo on the other hand, has been trying his best to be subtle, but around Baekhyun, it has been kind of hard.
 
Kyungsoo sighed as he sat up in Baekhyun's bed and looked to his right. Chanyeol is still sleeping. Determined not to disturb him as the poor boy needs more sleep, Kyungsoo slowly made his way out of the room to make breakfast for everyone.
 
In the tranquility of the morning, silence washed through the dorm. Kyungsoo went over to the balcony, and opened its door. The sun, shining ever brightly, as it's light filters through the living room. A breath of fresh air blew in. The weather is cooling. It'd be a nice day. Standing at the doorway of the balcony, Kyungsoo inhaled the crisp cool air of the morning. He enjoyed basking in the morning sun for a little while more, before entering the kitchen to began making breakfast for his band mates.
 
As Kyungsoo is pulling out ingredients, he heard a soft "ouch!" coming from one of the rooms. Curious, he left the food down and went to check out the sound. He heard gasping, as if someone is hurt. He followed the sound and stopped in front of the toilet. 
 
"Is anybody in there?" Kyungsoo asked as he slowly opened the toilet door. Opening the door, he saw Baekhyun standing in front of the sink, with his index finger bleeding profusely with a deep cut. Baekhyun looked up at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo saw the telltale signs of puffy red eyes, signifying that Baekhyun has been crying. 
 
"Hyung! What happened to you?" Kyungsoo asked as he hurriedly held Baekhyun's hands and put it under running water. Baekhyun just stared blankly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo grew worried.
 
"Did he hurt himself because of me?" Kyungsoo thought to himself feeling scared.
 
"I...erm...I..." Baekhyun started.
 
"Hyung! I'm so sorry..." Kyungsoo said as he felt tears threatening, "I swear to god I will never ever leave you again. I'm so sorry..but please don't hurt yourself. I love you, I don't want to see you hurt." Kyungsoo cried as he hugged Baekhyun. Baekhyun was stunned initially. Then, he let out a soft laugh. How innocent and naive could Kyungsoo be? He seriously thinks that Baekhyun hurt himself on purpose?
 
"Soo... I didn't hurt myself on purpose." Baekhyun said as he lightly pushed Kyungsoo away to look at his face. Kyungsoo's turn to be confused now. He looked at Baekhyun's finger then back to his face. Baekhyun chuckled at the sight of Kyungsoo's worried look plus his tear-stained face.
 
"But...but..you're bleeding, and you have been crying.." Kyungsoo said with a few hiccups. Baekhyun laughed and poked Kyungsoo's forehead.
 
"You dumbie, I wasn't trying to hurt myself! I was changing the razor blades of my shaver when I accidentally cut myself!" Baekhyun laughed. Kyungsoo is so adorable and Baekhyun just loves him so so so much.
 
"Oh..." Kyungsoo said, feeling embarrassed that he made such a big fuss over such a small matter. Baekhyun chuckled, before pulling Kyungsoo into an embrace.
 
"I miss you Soo.. I'm sorry for everything I've did.." Baekhyun said as he put his face into Kyungsoo's fluffy morning hair and inhaled.
 
"I'm sorry too hyung.. I should've never been angry with you. I know you're jealous only because you love me." Kyungsoo said into Baekhyun's chest.
 
"I thought you hated me.." Baekhyun whispered. Kyungsoo gasped and looked up at Baekhyun with a horrified look.
 
"No way! I could never hate you. I love you.." Kyungsoo said, a blush graced his face as the words tumbled out of his plush kissable lips. Baekhyun smiled. Then, he leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo's lips. Kyungsoo kissed back. Soon, they fall into the heat of battles of the tongue. Baekhyun lifted Kyungsoo up onto the sink and slid in between Kyungsoo's legs to provide more body contact. They kissed passionately for a few more minutes and rubbing against each other until-
 
"Oh god. I'm glad you guys kissed and made up, but please. Not in MY toilet. Take it elsewhere." The door opened and reveals a rather pokerfaced maknae. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo pulled apart and looked embarrassed.
 
"I-I will go make breakfast now." Kyungsoo scrambled down the sink and hurried towards the kitchen.
 
"G-good morning Sehunnie." Baekhyun stuttered as he made his way out of the bathroom.
 
"Hormonal gay hyungs." Sehun said to himself before closing the bathroom door.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Later that afternoon.
 
Once again, it's a busy day, preparing and practicing for their comeback. The boys filtered into the SM Building after making their way past the sasaeng fans which stationed outside their dorm and also outside the SM Building. It has became an everyday routine now. 
 
Reaching the building, they entered the practice room and practiced their dance. During practices, Kyungsoo tried talking to Chanyeol, but the latter is obviously ignoring him. Kyungsoo felt sad as he doesn't want to lose a friend just like that. Jongin saw the efforts Kyungsoo put in, and patted his back saying that it's okay. Then, in between breaks, after giving Baekhyun a light kiss before he went to the toilet, Kyungsoo approached Chanyeol.
 
"Hey." Kyungsoo started.
 
"Hey Kyung...can I help you?" Chanyeol said with a rigid voice.
 
"I....I'm sorry. I'm here to apologize on Baekhyun's behalf...he can be quite a jerk if he wants to." Kyungsoo said.
 
"I know, that's why I'm not holding any grudge against you or him." Chanyeol said.
 
"Then why did you ignored me? I have been trying to talk to you!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Well, I don't want to get punched in the face again, so I'm not gonna talk to you when he's in the room. Now, your lover boy's coming. Bye." with that, Chanyeol walked to the other side of the room to join Kris. Baekhyun walked towards Kyungsoo.
 
"Hey babe."
 
"Hey."
 
Then, Baekhyun leaned down to kiss Kyungsoo full on the lips in front of everyone else.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night, back in the dorm, after dinner. 
 
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are cuddling in Kyungsoo's bed. The both of them managed to get Jongin to room with Chanyeol for the night. Baekhyun played with Kyungsoo's locks while humming to a random tune. He took in the younger's light vanilla scent and smiled. Kyungsoo on the other hand, placed both his hands on Baekhyun's chest as he looked up at the elders contented face. Baekhyun looked down at Kyungsoo only to have him stare up at Baekhyun with huge pretty eyes.
 
"Yes Kyungie? You look so adorable with those huge bug-like eyes you know?" Baekhyun said while rubbing his nose to Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a light squeeze on his chest and furrowed his brows.
 
"Hyung you always make fun of my eyes.. You're just jealous of my huge eyes because your eyes are so small!" Kyungsoo teased while Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Well, then maybe our kids will have average sized eyes." Baekhyun joked. Kyungsoo chortled.
 
"No way, haven't you learnt it in human biology on genes in high school? If we ever have kids, they will either have large eyes or small eyes. Never medium size eyes, because, they can only receive genes of the eyes from either one of us. Lets take it that having small eyes is the recessive gene and huge eyes is the dominant genes, after doing the working correctly, 25% of our children will have small eyes while the other 75% will have big eyes...." Kyungsoo spoke like a lecturer in the lecture theatre.
 
"Woah honey, stop with the mad scientist explanation!" Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Well, I could continue if you want, if we have what it's called a mixed gene, wait a minute. Hyung. We can't have babies! We are both male!" Kyungsoo said after realizing that Baekhyun had been joking all along.
 
"We could still try..." Baekhyun seductively bit his lips and Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"H-hyung.." Kyungsoo flustered, clearly backing away.
 
"Just kidding Soo, there's no way I could touch you without your permission." Baekhyun said kindly.
 
"You scared me!" Kyungsoo complained while hitting Baekhyun's chest lightly.
 
"I would definitely never do something that will make you hate me." Baekhyun smiled.
 
"I trust you on that.." Kyungsoo said before planting a chaste kiss on Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun let the kiss lingered for a little while more before pulling away. He looked deep into Kyungsoo's eyes and Kyungsoo just looked back. They are staring into each others soul, feeling a certain connection no one else other than them self would feel.
 
"What if one day you hate me?" Baekhyun asked curiously. Kyungsoo tilted his head to one side.
 
"Then it'd mean that you've did something very very very bad." Kyungsoo said as-a-matter-of factly, "which I doubt you would because I trust you. And relationships should build on trust." Kyungsoo leaned in and kissed Baekhyun again.
 
"I've gave you my heart, and it's yours to break. If one day I really hate you, I doubt I could live anymore." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo adoringly.
 
"Don't worry babe. I will not break your heart.. I promise.." Baekhyun said.
 
"But promises were meant to be broken..." Kyungsoo joked. But Baekhyun took it too seriously. He frowned. Seeing Baekhyun's expression, Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"I'm just kidding hyung!" Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun visibly relaxed.
 
"God! You scared me!" Baekhyun pinched Kyungsoo's cheeks. After a few more rounds of sweet kisses and "I love you"s, the couple decided that its time to sleep. The both of them went into their favourite position; Baekhyun spooning Kyungsoo from behind, and slept. 
 
"I guess I need you baby.." Kyungsoo whispers floated with the wind as he drifts off to dreamland.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Hey guys! Updated again hehe! Sorry for all the freaky science facts I added in, I'm just warming up for my new school term which starts....tomorrow.... *sighs* I'm from the school of life sciences, but I'm more of a chemistry major hehehe. So...since school is starting, I guess I'd be updating lesser...but I'll try my best to give updates at least once a week! I promise!!! So sorry for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors!!!!!! I love you all SUBBIES as well as READERS! I love your comments, it's all that is keeping me going ;~~~~~~; so.....peace out! See you soon! (^o^)v