Green

The Distance Between Us

 

"Losing him was blue like I’ve never known, missing him was dark grey all alone, forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met but loving him is red."

 
Baekhyun is sitting at the living room while gazing at Kyungsoo who is tending to his precious flowers and plants at the balcony. He likes what he sees. Kyungsoo is humming a tune from his iPod playlist, Taylor Swift's "Red" as he trimmed the leaves of the bonsai plant in front of him. That day, they won't be having any schedules until late in the afternoon where they have to go and perfect their singing for their comeback.
 
"Touching him is like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you. Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song. Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there’s no right answer. Regretting him was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong" Kyungsoo sang as he sway his sassily to the song's rhythm while spraying the now freshly trimmed bonsai plant with a spray can he was holding. Baekhyun just looked at the way his lover is acting and smiled. He stopped everything he was doing just to look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo who is oblivious to Baekhyun's staring, moved on to tending to his next plant which is a pot of primroses. Kyungsoo is picking out the dead leaves and flowers from the pot as he continued singing his song.
 
"Loving him is red! Burning red!"  Kyungsoo sang with much passion. Although English is not Baekhyun's forte, but he understood certain words from Kyungsoo's song such as the word "love" then he realized that Kyungsoo has been singing a love song for the whole while. Baekhyun just chuckled as he continued looking at his beloved. Then, the cute scene in front of him was disrupted.
 
"Ummmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" a certain tall and derpy dude whined with a cute voice. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both turned towards the sound of the voice. Baekhyun growled while Kyungsoo smiled. Chanyeol made his way towards Kyungsoo who is standing at the balcony, oblivious to Baekhyun watching them from the living room.
 
"Yes Channie?" Kyungsoo asked while rubbing Chanyeol's hair. Chanyeol had bent down and leaned into Kyungsoo's touch like a little puppy.
 
"I'm hungry, can you cook my favourite bulgogi and kimchi chige for me for lunch?" Chanyeol asked while throwing in tons of aegyo. Kyungsoo laughed at the older's cuteness.
 
"Oh course Channie hyung!" Kyungsoo flashed him one of his famous heart-shaped smiles.
 
"Yayyyyyyness! Thank you umma!" Chanyeol jumped up and down like a little kid.
 
"Come on, lets get inside." Kyungsoo led a sloppy Chanyeol to the kitchen with Chanyeol holding Kyungsoo's shoulder as Chanyeol made the sound of a chooing train. At this point of time, Baekhyun is seething.
 
"Don't be jealous. Kyungie don't like me being jealous. I must not be jeal-"
 
"Kyungie umma~! What are you cooking?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun peeped into the kitchen and saw Sehun leaning his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder to see what he is cooking. That's it. Baekhyun's seen enough. He calmly walked into the kitchen, pushed Sehun away and back hugged Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo need not look to see that it's Baekhyun. As Baekhyun embraced him, Kyungsoo's eyes almost fluttered shut at Baekhyun's fruity scent. Kyungsoo leaned into Baekhyun's touch as he continued cooking.
 
"Hey wifey, what are you cooking?" Baekhyun asked as he shoot daggers at a pair of frightened-looking Sehun and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo had not noticed it as he was too busy cooking.
 
"I'm cooking Chanyeollie hyung's favourite!" Kyungsoo squeaked.
 
"Can you cook me some of my favourite kimchi spaghetti pleaseeeeee?" Baekhyun asked cutely as he rubbed his cheeks against Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo chuckled.
 
"I shall cook it tonight, right now I'm cooking Channie's favourite!" Kyungsoo said as he waved away Baekhyun.
 
"But I want it now, why can Chanyeol get such special treatments from you and I your boyfriend has to wait?" Baekhyun pouted.
 
"Byun Baekhyun. Stop. When I say I'll cook it tonight, means I'll cook it tonight. Stop arguing!" Kyungsoo scolded.
 
"Okay..." Baekhyun said sadly.
 
"Why don't you wait outside with the others while I finish up cooking?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yes wifey." Baekhyun saluted.
 
"Aish. Why can't I be the husband?" Kyungsoo said as he looked at Baekhyun while pouting.
 
"Well~ have you ever seen a husband that cooks and cleans?" Baekhyun said before laughing and leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo full on the lips.
 
"Hmmmmmmmmm!" Kyungsoo pouted.
 
"Umma! The meat is gonna get burnt!!!" Chanyeol exclaimed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Later that day in the music room.
 
"Luhan hyung, you have to pronounce the word this way!" Kyungsoo said while teaching Luhan how to pronounce certain words from the lyrics. Although Luhan has been training for some years now, however, the China boy's Korean is not perfected yet. Seeing as he had always hang around with Sehun may be just the reason why. The youngest member's lisp has clearly affected his friend's pronunciation too.
 
"Oh.. Okay Kyungie, I will practice hard!" Luhan said while bursting with cuteness. Kyungsoo just smiled.
 
"Luhan hyung, I'll be taking a short break now okay?" Kyungsoo said, before heading to find Baekhyun in the next room. Luhan just smiled knowing how inseparable the two can get. That day at practice, the vocal instructor has called in sick, thus they had been paired with partners to help each other with their vocals. Luhan with Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun with Jongdae, by their managers so that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo would not get "distracted" by each other. Grabbing his bottle of water, he headed to find his boyfriend. As Kyungsoo neared the door of the room, he heard Jongdae talking to Baekhyun.
 
"Baek ah, you have to sing out the note, not scream it out. Try it again!" Jongdae said. Baekhyun is having some problems with his ad-lib in "Wolf" but he has no idea why. Baekhyun tried singing it again just to go off key again. He went half a pitch sharper. Baekhyun sighed.
 
"I just can't get it!!!!!!" Baekhyun said as he felt frustrated.
 
"Maybe you should take a break for now, we'll practice again in five minutes. Don't give up!" Jongdae smiled to Baekhyun before heading out of the room. As Jongdae walked pass Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo bowed, only to have Jongdae laughing and rubbing his head. Then, Kyungsoo made his way into the room.
 
"Baekkie!" Kyungsoo called out. At the voice of his lover, Baekhyun shot up while beaming.
 
"Kyungieeeeee!" The older ran towards the younger to hug him.
 
"What are you doing here? Manager hyung had separated us for a reason!" Baekhyun said while rubbing his nose to Kyungsoo's.
 
"I'm having my break now, so I just came to check on you!" Kyungsoo chuckled.
 
"I missed you soooooo much!" Baekhyun said before giving his boyfriend a chaste kiss on the lips.
 
"I've missed you too!" Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"So...I've heard you from outside the room." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers.
 
"Ah... I have no idea what's wrong with me today. I just can't hit the perfect notes." Baekhyun said sadly.
 
"I know something that might help~" Kyungsoo said cheekily.
 
"And what is it?" Baekhyun looked confused. Kyungsoo closed the gap between them, and Kyungsoo leaned towards Baekhyun's face.
 
"This..." Kyungsoo whispered when their lips were inches apart before taking Baekhyun's lips into his own. Baekhyun kissed Kyungsoo back passionately. Baekhyun let his tongue ran through the seams of Kyungsoo's lips and Kyungsoo gladly opened up for him. Chaste kiss soon turned into a battle of tongues and became a full blown make out session. Just then...
 
"Hey you two! Stop kissing, break time's over, go back to practice!" Their manager hyung barged into the room. The two broke off and gave a sheepish grin.
 
"Sorry manager hyung, I should get going now." Kyungsoo said shyly, "bye Baekkie, see you later."
 
"Yeah, laters baby." Baekhyun smiled as Kyungsoo walked out of the door. Baekhyun went back to where he has left off. Right. The ad-lib. Baekhyun tries singing it again and this time, he managed to pull it off perfectly.
 
"All back in control." Baekhyun smirked to himself.
 
"Well, I guess somebody's functioning again." Jongdae said as he walked back into the room.
 
"Of course, I just had my very own, personal energy booster." Baekhyun smiled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night at the dorm.
 
Kyungsoo is cooking kimchi spaghetti while Baekhyun is standing the the doorway of the kitchen, admiring Kyungsoo's back view. He noticed how his would jut out when he reaches for something and it's really tempting. Then, Chanyeol strolled into the kitchen.
 
"Umma..." Chanyeol said. His voice hoarse.
 
"Yes Channie?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Are you cooking spaghetti for tonight?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Yup! You like it a lot too, right?" Kyungsoo said while eyeing Chanyeol.
 
"I do like it but... *cough cough* I think I'm sick. Can I have some porridge instead?" Chanyeol asked cutely.
 
"Omo! Really?" Kyungsoo used his hand to feel Chanyeol's forehead, "oh my, you are really hot right now!" Baekhyun's eyes twitched at Kyungsoo's choice of words but decided to say nothing.
 
"Yeah..." Chanyeol smirked. Kyungsoo saw it and frowned.
 
"Hey! That's not what I mean, I mean you're having a fever now!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"But I didn't say anything!" Chanyeol said cutely. Baekhyun can't take it anymore.
 
"Yah you this derp, stay away from my Kyungie." Baekhyun scolded. Just then,Chanyeol let out a series of coughs that left him in spasms. Kyungsoo switched off the stove and went over to rub Chanyeol's back.
 
"Aigoooo Channie hyung, I will cook you porridge, you go back to your room and rest, I will bring dinner in for you later!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Thank you *cough cough* umma.." Chanyeol said before leaving the kitchen to head back to his room.
 
"Yah! Kyungie! Why does that derp gets special treatment from you?" Baekhyun pouted.
 
"But he's sick!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"But yo-" 
 
"Stop being so selfish Byun Baekhyun! He is sick. Can't you just drop it already?" Kyungsoo huffed before turning back to finish cooking the spaghetti, leaving Baekhyun standing awkwardly in the kitchen.
 
Soon, dinner is served. The whole group ate in awkward silence as the ual tension in the air is so thick that it could be sliced with a knife. Sehun is the first to speak up.
 
"Where's Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun asked awkwardly.
 
"He is sick." Kyungsoo replied nonchalantly while eating his pasta.
 
"Yeah. That's why he gets special treatments." Baekhyun murmured, but Kyungsoo heard it.
 
"Yah Byun Baekhyun. Enough is enough okay." Kyungsoo said.
 
"What? I didn't say anything!" Baekhyun retorted.
 
"Don't think that I didn't hear you Byun." Kyungsoo argued.
 
"What I've said is true. You've been so kind to him lately. Are you eve-"
 
"Silence." Kris said menacingly.
 
"We could all use a peaceful dinner." Junmyeon followed up. Then, Kyungsoo stood up.
 
"I'm not hungry anymore." with that, Kyungsoo walked toward the sink, dumped his dishes in, went to the stove and pour the pot of chicken porridge into a bowl, and walked out of the dining room. All eyes are on Baekhyun.
 
"Hyung is such a vinegar vat." Tao said.
 
"What is a vinegar vat?" Jongdae asked.
 
"A vinegar vat in Chinese means that the person is easily jealous and loves to get jealous over little things." Luhan explained.
 
 Baekhyun pretended that he didn't hear the conversation between the members about him as he continued stuffing pasta into his mouth until he looked like a chipmunk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Channie hyung?" Kyungsoo called out as he peeked into the room.
 
"I'm here umma.." Chanyeol said in a weak voice. Kyungsoo balanced the bowl in a hand as his other hand searched for the light switch. 
 
"I've brought your dinner and some medicine." Kyungsoo said as he sat on Chanyeol's bed.
 
"Thank you umma *cough cough*" Chanyeol replied. Kyungsoo saw that Chanyeol had break out cold sweat, thus, he took a towel and help him wiped them off.
 
"Are you feeling weak? Can you eat by yourself?" Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol tried but his arms felt like jelly. Kyungsoo chuckled.
 
"I'll feed you, hyung." Kyungsoo said. Taking the spoon, he fed Chanyeol bits by bits. Soon, the food is finished.
 
"Thank you umma.. Your cooking are the best." Chanyeol smiled weakly.
 
"You're welcome Channie hyung." Kyungsoo said. They sat in awkward silence as Kyungsoo helped Chanyeol wipe away more sweat.
 
"I'm sorry that I've caused you and Baekhyun to quarrel over me..." Chanyeol said apologetically.
 
"It's okay, just ignore him. You should focus on getting better." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Okay... I'm so sorry.." Chanyeol said one last time before drifting off to dreamland.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun was standing at the balcony staring up at the stars. He has always love stargazing. It allows him to be in peace and think properly. He has no idea why he feels so angry and sad with Kyungsoo taking care of a fellow sick band member. He just feels that Kyungsoo has been so close to Chanyeol lately, and he is afraid that Chanyeol would snatch Kyungsoo away. He feels insecure. 
 
"Hey." Baekhyun's head turned at the voice. Kyungsoo had come to join him at the balcony. 
 
"Hey." Baekhyun replied before turning back to stargazing. Kyungsoo walked behind Baekhyun and slid his arms around the older. Kyungsoo buried his nose into Baekhyun's back and inhaled. He loves the lemony scented body wash the older uses.
 
"Are you angry at me?" Kyungsoo asked. His voice muffled as his face was stuck in Baekhyun's back.
 
"No..." Baekhyun said. He turned around and hugged Kyungsoo in his arms. Kyungsoo looked up at him.
 
"You have to stop being jealous Baekkie. Chanyeol hyung is sick, I am just trying to make him better.." Kyungsoo said.
 
"I know..but..it's just.." Baekhyun trailed off.
 
"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked. His huge doe eyes staring at Baekhyun.
 
"I feel...insecure...like I may lose you to him. You two weren't so close in the past, and recently it's just that...you guys grown into each other so much that I'm afraid. I'm afraid too lose you kyung..." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo smiled. He leaned up to give the older a peck on the lips. The older looked shocked.
 
"Silly boy." Kyungsoo teased. Baekhyun just looked at his Kyungsoo. HIS Kyungsoo.
 
"Your silly boy." Baekhyun said before rubbing his nose to Kyungsoo's.
 
"We've came a long way, there's no way we could have ended just like that, I love you more than anything else hyung.." Kyungsoo said.
 
"I know." Baekhyun replied smiling. He leaned down to give Kyungsoo a chaste kiss on the lips, then, he kissed Kyungsoo's forehead. 
 
"I'm really glad that we've kissed and made up." Kyungsoo said, looking at the stars.
 
"Me too." Baekhyun said. 
 
Baekhyun has always loved stargazing. Especially with the one he loves.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Hi! Finally updated, I've been kind of busy lately as the new school term is going to start next week, and I have to finish up all the assignments and projects that are due after the term break x_____x so sorry! And also the weather in my country now is really bad, and I'm currently having a throat infection. But I'll still try to update as soon as possible! Sorry if this chapter as I'm really out of focus as my flu is annoying me T~~~~~T I love you guys!!! Sorry for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors!!!!!! Please forgive me T~~~~T I'm really out of focus lately. Okay I'm repeating what I've said. Okay so...I'll update soon! Peace out! (^o^)v