Feelings

The Distance Between Us

"I wish I could ask you, what you think of me?"

 
"Rinnggggggg!" An alarm clock rang, disturbing the silent tranquility of the morning. Kyungsoo hit the alarm once, to stop it from ringing. Rubbing his huge doe eyes, he stretched and let out a soft mewl. It is morning once again, the sun rays filtered through the pastel coloured curtains into his shared room with Jongin. They are staying together now, the whole of EXO-K in a dorm. And Kyungsoo got to room with one of his best friend, Jongin. Kyungsoo sighed, softly, he slipped out of the warm embrace of his blanket and began making his way to the kitchen where he would start making breakfast for the rest for the busy and hectic day to come. Kyungsoo smiled. Today is the day. It would be the first time ever for them to perform on MCOUNTDOWN. It is the day of their debut. Humming a soft tune of a song from their album, he slipped on his apron and began to make pancakes. The song he was humming to is a duet which is sung by him and his best friend, Byun Baekhyun. The song name is "What is Love". Kyungsoo blushed just by thinking about the song. When the producers asked him and Baekhyun to sing the duet, his eyes almost popped out. He don't know why, but just singing the duet with Baekhyun gives him butterflies in his stomach. He could not help himself but noticed how Baekhyun looks so perfectly handsome and has such an amazing voice. 
 
"Baekkie is really attractive..." Kyungsoo thought to himself, "Gosh! Why am I thinking of my best friend this way?! Ugh! I'm disgusting!" he thoughts furiously. At this point, he was so absorbed in his own thoughts that he did not notice that he is stirring the pancakes batter rapidly.
 
"Well~ somebody's a little feisty~" a voice came from behind Kyungsoo. Shocked, he dropped the bowl of batter onto the floor. Turning around, he saw a smiling Junmyeon.
 
"Oh Junmyeon hyung! You scared me!" Kyungsoo squeaked.
 
"Well, I have been standing here for the last five minutes but you are busy with the...uhm..batter." Junmyeon gave an amused look.
 
"It's not funny." Kyungsoo snapped.
 
"I didn't say it is~" Junmyeon joked.
 
"Yea, but your face already gave you away." Kyungsoo glowered.
 
"It depends on how you look at it Kyungie~ Now, we better clean up our...breakfast...that is on the floor." Junmyeon smirked.
 
"Fine." Kyungsoo grabbed the kitchen towel and began wiping the now ruined pancake batter off the kitchen floor. Junmyeon walked slowly towards Kyungsoo and knelt down in front of him. Kyungsoo looked up to meet his gaze.
 
"Can you please tell me what's wrong?"
 
"Nothing's wrong, hyung."
 
"You know, you are a very bad liar."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"It is actually kind of obvious you know."
 
"What is kind of obvious? Hyung?"
 
"It's obvious that you like Baekhyun." Junmyeon said, with his as-a-matter-of-fact expression. Kyungsoo's looks turned incredulous as his eyes grew as wide as a saucer. Then, unable to contain his laughter, Kyungsoo burst out laughing.
 
"What are you saying hyung?! Are you awake or are you drunk early in the morning?!" Kyungsoo laughed while racking the sides of Junmyeon's head.
 
"What? You mean you don't like Baekhyun? Don't lie to me I can see it through your eyes!" 
 
"Hyung! Stop that! What if Baekhyun hyung hears that?! And I am not gay for Jesus Christ sakes! It's disgusting to even think about it!" Kyungsoo replied.
 
"I saw the way you look at him, it is something more than how friends looks at each other, besides, you are an open book. You are easy to read Kyung. Stop lying to yourself and others and just admit that you are gay for him." Junmyeon said. Kyungsoo's jaw literally dropped. What audacity is this? Even though Junmyeon is older than Kyungsoo, it doesn't mean that he could disrespect him and humiliate him in such a manner by accusing him of loving his best friend.
 
"He is my BEST friend hyung, nothing more." Kyungsoo emphasized on the word 'best' to prove his point.
 
"I saw the looks in your eyes when you found out that Baekhyun is going to room with Chanyeol instead of you."
 
"That is because initially we wanted to room together! He is my best friend!"
 
"Jongin is your best friend, yet you are not ecstatic to room with him as you want to with Baekhyun."
 
[FLASHBACK]
 
"Kyungie! Lets room together!" Baekhyun squealed as they entered their new dormitory of EXO-K.
 
"Okay Baekkie!!!! Let me go get my stuffs!" Kyungsoo smiled as he headed back to the van to pick up his luggages. Kyungsoo literally hopped to the van and picked out his stuffs which are neatly packed away. After collecting is personal belongings, he slowly walked back to the dorm.
 
"Oh my gosh! I am going to room with Baekhyun hyung!!!! Asdfgjkllpaiwydeb I must stay calm! I must stay ca-"
 
"Baekkie! I am so glad that we are room mates!"
 
Kyungsoo was stunned as he saw the scene that was unfolding right in front if him. Park. Chan. Yeol. That bastard is stealing his Baekhyun again! And is taking all of Baekhyun's belongings into his room.
 
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Kyungsoo screamed internally. He may look calm on the outside, but inside, he is already half dead. Carrying all of his belongings at a go, he stomped his way pass a stunned looking Baekhyun and went into an empty room.
 
"W-w-wait! Kyungsoo-yah! I thought you are rooming with me?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo turned around and stared at Baekhyun for awhile before replying.
 
"Plans changed. I am rooming with Jongin now. Enjoy your stay with Chanyeol, hyung." Kyungsoo tried to smile but he couldn't, so he just turned around and stormed into the room, before slamming the door. Hard. Neither did both of them knew, but a very amused Junmyeon was watching them from the comforts of the living room.
 
[END OF FLASHBACK]
 
"Hyung,can we stop this talk now? I have to make breakfast and today is the day of our debut, we can't afford to be distracted." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Fine, as you wish little bro." Junmyeon replied. Just then, a sleepy Baekhyun walked into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.
 
"Good morning Junmyeon hyung, good morning Kyungie~" Baekhyun droned sleepily as he made his way to the kitchen sink to fetch a glass of water.
 
"Good morning Baekhyun! I will go wake the rest up now," Junmyeon said cheerfully. 
 
"You know, when love is real, you can't walk away..." Junmyeon whispered to Kyungsoo before leaving the kitchen. Kyungsoo turned back to the kitchen counter and began pulling out the ingredients to make a new pancak batter. He is extremely disturbed by what Junmyeon told him. He can't stop thinking about it. Remembering that Baekhyun is also in the kitchen, he looked around for him and saw a sleeping Baekhyun slightly snoring while resting his head on the dining table. Kyungsoo groaned, and turned back to doing what he was doing. 
 

"What is love...?" Kyungsoo thought to himself. Shaking his head. He began making breakfast.


"Okay everyone, we are going up next! Show circle time! Everyone hands in!" Junmyeon shouted. Although he is the leader, but times like this especially when it's their debut stage, he can't help but shivered.

"We are one! We are EXO!" The boys shouted before heading out to the performance which is the starting mark of their career.

After what seems like an eternity on stage later, their performance was finally over. Kyungsoo is feeling under the weather as he felt that he did not do well at all. In fact he cracked his high notes. He was on the verge of tears, however, he kept it in. Baekhyun who noticed, tried to approach the younger, but the younger just waved him off.

"I am fine." Kyungsoo said.

"No, you are obviously not." Baekhyun said.

"No, I am really fine, don't worry about me," Kyungsoo gave a sad smile, and with that he walked away to walk with Jongin. Baekhyun saw that Kyungsoo was clinging on to Jongin's arms while Jongin is murmuring words of encouragements into Kyungsoo's ears. Baekhyun tried to pretend that it didn't hurt him that his best friend is not only ignoring him, but looking for other people instead of him for comfort.

"Did I do something wrong?" Baekhyun thought to himself. Shrugging it away, he walked to the van that is picking them up.

Upon boarding the van, the boys went to take a short nap as they felt exhausted. All of them fell asleep except for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo thought that everyone else was asleep, thus he decided that he couldn't hold it in any longer. He started sobbing quietly at first, however it became too much for him and it became a bawling his heart out session. Baekhyun, knowing that his friend needs his privacy too, decided that he should not interrupt his friend, thus Baekhyun acted that he was asleep too. However, hearing Kyungsoo cry his heart out, yet he couldn't do anything to help ease the pain of his best friend, made him feel that he is really useless. Baekhyun felt tears slipping out of the corners of his eyes as he squeeze his eyes shut willing the tears to go away.

"What is this that I am feeling? Why do I feel so sad hearing my friend crying his heart out? Why?" Baekhyun thought. The more he thinks about it, the more the tears flowed out, until it became a steady stream. Baekhyun bit his lips to prevent himself from crying out loud.

Soon, the van reached their dormitory. Kyungsoo flew out of the car before anyone could stop him and everyone just thought that Kyungsoo is in need of the toilet. Everyone thinks that. Everyone except for Baekhyun.


"Why are you avoiding me? Soo-yah?" Baekhyun asked with a soft voice as he cornered Kyungsoo in his room.

"W-what? I-I am not avoiding you hyung."

"Don't lie to me Soo, you are never a great liar."

"I don't know what you are talking about." Kyungsoo snapped. He is sick and tired of how everyone is saying that he is an open book. 

"Really? Okay then, how about you start by telling me why are you crying in the car?"

"I messed up." Kyungsoo said while looking down at his feet.

"Soo.."

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME IT'S JUST A PERFORMANCE! It's the benchmark of our career and I screwed it up for us!" Kyungsoo shrieked.

"kyung..." Baekhyun can't help but embrace the younger. Soon, both of them are a crying mess with Kyungsoo telling Baekhyun how much he screwed up and Baekhyun whispering that its okay into Kyungsoo's ear. Soon, Kyungsoo fell asleep while sobbing, Baekhyun carried Kyungsoo and settle him down onto his bed. He is amazed at how light the younger weighed.

"What have you done to me...?" Baekhyun whispered as he brushed a stray lock of hair away from Kyungsoo's face. He looks serene in his sleep. Slowly, Baekhyun walk out of the room.

"Please take good care of him," Baekhyun said as he walks pass an amused looking Jongin who is looking at him with curiosity.

"Of course I will, he is my best friend too." Jongin replied.

With that, Baekhyun walked back to his shared bedroom with Chanyeol and retires for the night.

......

......

......

...

...

...

.

.

.

 

OTL am I gonna get murdered by you guys? I in this chapter OTL please forgive me everyone T______T gif is not mine btw.