Lull

The Distance Between Us

 

"The calm before the storm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight."

 
"Harder! Harder! Baekhyunnie! Almost there!" 
 
"Ugh.....Baby I can't! I have no more strength! I'm tired! And I'm aching already..."
 
"Please baby, I really need it now Baek!"
 
"But I can't do it.." Baekhyun said as sweat trickled down his forehead.
 
"Aish, you're so weak! I knew I should have asked Chanyeollie hyung to help me with it." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"Why can't we just use the electrical mixer?!" Baekhyun whined.
 
"Because somebody broke it! I am so going to kill the person with my rolling pin if I ever found out who has been playing around with my kitchen appliances. Just hurry beat the damn cream cheese till it becomes fluffy! The cupcakes are done and chilled already! And we are going to be late for practice!" Kyungsoo barked.
 
The couple has been trying to bake some Red Velvet cupcakes for their members in the morning, and found out that their electrical mixer broke down just as they were trying to make the icing. And Kyungsoo made Baekhyun whip the frozen cream cheese for him while he add the icing sugar into the mixture. And whipping the frozen cream cheese to the right consistency certainly isn't easy, especially when one is whipping it with bare hands and a whisk that is technically useless.
 
"My arms....they feel like jelly~" Baekhyun continued whining. 
 
"Yah! Concentrate! Whip it harder! It's almost there! Hwaiting hyung!" Kyungsoo cheered. Baekhyun continued whipping the hopeless cream cheese that is now slightly fluffy, but according to Kyungsoo, it's not thick and fluffy enough. 
 
"A little energy booster for you!" Kyungsoo squealed as he leaned up and pecked Baekhyun on the lips, leaving butterflies n Baekhyun's stomach. Baekhyun smiled and whipped even harder.
 
"Ugh....ugh....ugh...." 
 
"Stop making those sounds!" Kyungsoo scolded.
 
"But...ugh...the batter is really thick....ugh...." Baekhyun moaned. Kyungsoo blushed hearing Baekhyun making sounds that sounds like when they are having....you know.... *ehem*....
 
"Wait, lemme test the icing!" Kyungsoo said as he dipped a finger into the mixture, feeling that it has reached the right consistency, he scooped some up with his finger.
 
"Baekkie, come, ah~" Kyungsoo cooed as he offered his finger to Baekhyun to . Baekhyun gladly opened up his mouth and dart out his tongue to the icing off Kyungsoo's finger.
 
"Mmmmmmm it taste really good! Here Kyungie! Try some!" Baekhyun scooped out some icing with his fingers and placed it in front of Kyungsoo's mouth. Kyungsoo opened his mouth and engulfed Baekhyun's finger.
 
"Mmmmmmm yummy..." Kyungsoo said as his eyes fluttered shut. Baekhyun smirked.
 
"Are you referring to my finger or the icing?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo's eyes shot open immediately.
 
"O-of course I'm referring to the icing you ert!" Kyungsoo chided. Making Baekhyun laugh.
 
"Then have some more!" Baekhyun scooped some more of the icing and stuffed it into Kyungsoo's mouth. Kyungsoo went wide eyed for a moment, before the euphoric feeling that the icing gave to his tongue sink in. He let his eyes flutter shut again, and this time, Baekhyun smiled as he also allowed his eyes to flutter shut at the warm feeling surrounding his fingers. Then...
 
"Omo! Hunnie shut your eyes, this stuff is rated R21!" Luhan shrieked as he covers Sehun eyes when they are walking into the kitchen.
 
And this left two, heavily blushing boys jumping in shock.
 
Oh yeah. The frosting for the cupcakes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Chen, D.O, and Baekhyun, please kindly come down to the meeting room at level three immediately, thank you." The PA system in the SM Entertainment building announced. The boys were happily eating their lunch in their practice room when the PA sounded. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun, who just simply shrugged before getting up to his feet. Kyungsoo raised up both his hands and Baekhyun pulled him up before planting a kiss on his lips making his breath hitch.
 
"Let's go~" Baekhyun's eyes crinkled into little crescents while Kyungsoo gave out a light laugh. Upon leaving the practice room, the two of them stopped acting as a couple as no one other than the few of them knows that they are a couple, and they'd love to keep it that way, as homouality isn't widely accepted in Korea.
 
The trio slowly made their way into the room. In the room, there sat their managers, and a lady dressed in a voluptuous indigo dress with dangerously low cut at her chest area. Her long, jet black wavy long hair cascaded down her front. She has a tan skin, pointy nose, and her eyes gleaming a dangerous glint as she eyed the boys.
 
"Hi boys~" the women cooed dangerously seductively. The boys felt a shiver down their spine as they sensed trouble. They looked at each other with a confused look. Seeing their faces, their managers let out a series of laughter, trying to break the tension in the air.
 
"This is Oh KyuRin, she is a producer of a new upcoming drama, and she needed someone new to sing an OST for the drama." The manager said. Upon hearing this, the boys looked excited. Especially Baekhyun. 
 
"But. There is one problem." The manager said, eyeing the producer as if waiting for the producer to drop the bomb on them. The producer smiled deviously.
 
"I only need one of you to sing." The producer smirked. The boys gasped. They are not singing it together? But it's not very shocking as OSTs were often sang as a solo. All of them wanted the solo badly. For Baekhyun, he felt that it would be such honor to have that OST, especially if he is the first person in the group to get to sing an OST. He would be willing to kill anyone to get to the top. One doesn't simply debut only after a year of training if he isn't a go-getter. Kyungsoo noticed the fire in his lover's eyes, but said nothing.
 
"I would need you three to audition for the OST as apparently, you three are the best singers in EXO." The producer said with a hideous amount of vileness as she winked at Baekhyun when she said the words "best singers". 
 
Baekhyun really wants that OST a lot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So... Audition?" Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun that night back at the dorm. Baekhyun turned around and cocked his head towards Kyungsoo.
 
"I guess so?" Baekhyun shrugged. Kyungsoo put his arms around Baekhyun's neck.
 
"I know you really want it. I saw your face in the meeting room?" Kyungsoo said as he pulled Baekhyun closer towards him. Baekhyun pecked Kyungsoo on the lips?
 
"Of course! It would be such an honor to be the first in the group to sing a solo OST for a drama! I would be willing to kill anyone to get that!" Baekhyun squealed excitedly. Kyungsoo winced at Baekhyun's choice of words as he slowly let go of Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun smiled at his reaction before pulling the younger by the waist.
 
"Not that I would kill you... Of course. If I killed you, I'd probably kill myself in order to be with you." Baekhyun pressed another kiss on Kyungsoo's lips.
 
"It's not that... It's just..." Kyungsoo looked away.
 
"What? Tell me honey. What is it?" Baekhyun said, trying to recapture Kyungsoo's gaze.
 
"It's just...you seemed like you really want it a lot.. You sound...obsessed." Kyungsoo said while looking at his feet.
 
"I'm not obsessed! I do want the OST. And so do you!" Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo continued to fidget in his position. After a long while, Kyungsoo looked up at Baekhyun.
 
"I...I think I might not go for the audition." Kyungsoo smiled. Baekhyun look confused.
 
"Why?"
 
"Because I want you to have it. Without me, there would be lesser competition! I would root for your in the back!" Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"What? You're willing to go all sunflower-mode for me?" Baekhyun asked, incredulous.
 
"O-of course hyung.." Kyungsoo smiled. Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo into an embrace.
 
"Do Kyungsoo. Kyungie. Kyungiepoo. Baby Soo. My baby Soo. Mine. You have no idea how much I love you." Baekhyun said into Kyungsoo's fluffy hair. 
 
"I love you too hyung." Kyungsoo mumbled into Baekhyun's chest while blushing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Over the next few days, Kyungsoo helped Baekhyun in preparing for his song for the OST audition. Kyungsoo had helped Baekhyun went through tons of sheet music for successful auditions and finally the pair decides to settle on the song "A Goose Dream" by Insooni sunbaenim. Many singers sang it for auditions and is able to get pass with it if they somehow managed to pull it off perfectly. Also, the song depicts about fulfilling a dream, which is the most suitable for Baekhyun's current situation. Chen has also been preparing for the audition, and Baekhyun is actually nervous as Chen has always been a better singer than Baekhyun, and so Baekhyun kept having panic attacks during practices these few days.
 
"Okay baby, do you want to start?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Y-yeah."
 
Kyungsoo walked over to the music player and pressed the "play" button. And music came playing and Baekhyun sang.
 
"I have a dream,
Even if I’m thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem"
 
Baekhyun's voice cracked over at the low notes. Kyungsoo frowned as he cut the music.
 
"I-I can't do it.." Baekhyun said.
 
"Yes you can! Come on! You can do it!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Chen would get the OST as he is much better than me..." Baekhyun said.
 
"You wouldn't know if you never try... Come on!" Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a reassuring smile.
 
"Let's try again!" Kyungsoo smiled before hitting the music player again.
 
"I have a dream,
Even if I’m thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem
 
If by chance, without a reason,
Somebody ridicules me behind my back
I should be patient
I would wait just for that day.
 
As you always worry,
You say that foolish dreams are poisonous.
Just like a book that tells us about the end of the world
There’s the reality that we can’t turn back already
 
Yes I have a dream.
I believe in that dream-"
 
Baekhyun's voice cracked again at the high notes. Kyungsoo cut the music again, and walked over to Baekhyun with a worried look.
 
"Let's take a brea-"
 
"I can't. I can't do it." Baekhyun said, looking down at his feet.
 
"Yes you can! You just have to focus!" Kyungsoo smiled nervously.
 
"I can't. I can't I can't I can't I can't!" Baekhyun fell to his knees and wept. He really wants the OST a lot. Seeing his lover reduced to such a state, Kyungsoo's heart broke. He joined his lover on the floor, kneeling beside him. He caressed Baekhyun's face gently.
 
"Look at me. Look. At. Me!" Kyungsoo forced Baekhyun to look at him as Kyungsoo ran his thumb across Baekhyun's cheeks, wiping away his tears.
 
"You are Byun Baekhyun. You are a star! You are my star! You can do it! Just because of a few mis-pitched notes doesn't make you a bad singer? Remember the years back when I cracked my notes on our debut performance? Remember what you told me? You've told me 'Stop saying that you will screw up! The less confident you are, the more you will be screwing up! So just shake this feeling off and let's go give our best already!' Isn't that what you've told me?" Kyungsoo said while Baekhyun sniffles.
 
"Or do those words mean nothing at all?" Kyungsoo pushed. Baekhyun looked at his lover.
 
"Alright. I will try again." Baekhyun wiped his tears on his sleeves and started again. Kyungsoo played the music once more. Baekhyun took in a deep breath and begin singing.
 
"I have a dream,
Even if I’m thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem
 
If by chance, without a reason,
Somebody ridicules me behind my back
I should be patient
I would wait just for that day.
 
As you always worry,
You say that foolish dreams are poisonous.
Just like a book that tells us about the end of the world
There’s the reality that we can’t turn back already
 
Yes I have a dream.
I believe in that dream
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate
I can firmly face it
 
One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly
As high as the sky
This heavy thing called life can’t tie me down
At the end of my life, on the other day that I can smile, let’s be together
 
Yes I have a dream.
I believe in that dream
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate
I can firmly face it
 
One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly
As high as the sky
This heavy thing called life can’t tie me down
At the end of my life, on the other day that I can smile, let’s be together
 
Yes I, I have a dream
I believe in that dream.
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate.
I can firmly face it
 
One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly
As high as the sky
This heavy thing called life can’t tie me down
At the end of my life, on the other day that I can smile, let’s be together"
 
The song came to an end. Baekhyun felt incredulous as its the first time he managed to finish the song perfectly. Kyungsoo stood from his place and clapped.
 
"I told you you could do it." Kyungsoo smiled as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's neck.
 
"And I couldn't do it without you." Baekhyun smiled.
 
The both of them stood there in a comfortable silence just enjoying basking in each others presence. Then, Kyungsoo pulled back.
 
"Do you really want the OST that much?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yes. I want it. For me as well as for you. I won't want your hard work for me to go down the drain." Baekhyun said.
 
"Good...then..." Kyungsoo leaned up to give Baekhyun a kiss.
 
"Let's practice. From the top!"
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for so long. School's a . Tons of assignment and a formal laboratory report is coming in next week T~T I will still try to update as often as possible! I promise! I may update again later (provided that i can finish the chapter) so do look out for it >_< Thank you all for reading and subscribing! I love you guys <3 this chapter is named "Lull" as lull means the calm before the storm. So....heheheh I hope I'll update soon~ forgive me for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors T~T love you all! Till next time~ Peace out! (^~^)¥