Chapter 14. Return

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha smiled to herself as she closed the door behind her, Song Joong Ki basically just begged her to go back to working for him. He had come to her door and apologized for his childish actions. She had no idea if she should celebrate or feel creeped out. She ran to the living room to find her phone, she immediately dialed Hwayoung.

“What is it, girl? I’m about to start my shift.” Hwayoung answered.

“Joong Ki just came to the door and asked me to take my job back.” Mi Cha said hurriedly.

She heard a clanking noise and she could only assume that Hwayoung had dropped her phone. She heard the hustle as Hwayoung picked it back up, “He did what?!”

“Yeah, he was just at the door, apologizing and telling me he wants me to work for him again.” She told her friend.

“Oh my god. You have him like wrapped around your finger! He needs you.” Hwayoung replied.

“He doesn’t need me. I’m just the only one who won’t hit on him.” Mi Cha said. “And I do not plan on starting.”

Hwayoung groaned, “Oh my god, you have to. He got mad at you for not flirting with him. He comes to your door to beg you to take your job back. He obviously has the hots for you. How did you answer the door?” She asked.

Mi Cha looked at herself in the mirror in her living room and let out a soft whine, “In a big shirt, makeup smudged and hair all over the place.” She complained. 

“Oooh! Even better, he must have been wondering what you did last night. Too bad all you did was party with me. You didn’t even talk to any guys.” Hwayoung said with a laugh.

“He actually did ask me what I did last night.” Mi Cha muttered quietly but the phone’s mic still picked it up.

“He likes you.” Hwayoung said firmly, “You better tap that Mi Cha. But I gotta get to work. Tell me the deets later.” She said, hanging up the phone quickly.

Mi Cha sighed as she threw her phone back on her couch. How could she just go back to work? He had seen her in this mess, how did she not care when he showed up? Also, she knew that she wanted a professional relationship but he had crossed the line by visiting her house personally.

He could have done that with a phone call. Mi Cha paused in her head for second thoughts, actually no, he couldn’t have done that with a phone call. She would have never accepted the apology then.

But she was still not going to try and get his attention, she was better than all those other girls. 

She went to her to iron the black pencil skirt she had with the pale pink button down for tomorrow. She had to sleep early in order to get into work and have time to brew his coffee.

~

She woke up to her phone ringing and she answered it groggily. It was still early, she could sleep in for 10 more minutes if she wanted to. 

“Hello?”

“I’m just calling to let you know I’m picking you up today. I’ll see you in about an hour.” Joong Ki said quickly and hung up.

Mi Cha stared at her phone in a haze, he said he was going to pick her up? Yeah right. She fell back onto her bed. It took her a minute to process the information properly though before she shot upright with wide eyes. 

Song Joong Ki was going to pick her up in an hour. She had to start getting ready now, she ran for the bathroom and got herself clean and dressed. She put the coffee on and she went to fix her hair, curling the heads of her bob.

She preferred having short hair because it was easier to manage but there were times where she missed long hair, just so she could curl it. She heard the coffee maker go off and she searched for her coffee cups and lids she kept some on hand since the last time she started brewing Joong Ki’s coffee. 

She would need to remind herself to ask if he wanted to just get a reusable cup. She had just finished adjusting herself properly when she heard her phone ring again. She answered, “Hello?”

“I’m downstairs.” Joong Ki said and he hung up abruptly again. 

Mi Cha scrambled to get the coffee, her purse and make sure her glasses and clothes were adjusted properly. After that she headed downstairs, to find a sleek black car waiting for her with Joong Ki in the driver’s seat.

She climbed and handed him his coffee. “Thank you,” he replied, taking a sip.

“You’re welcome. Now, I thought you always had a driver.” She commented on the car, the interior was really nice and comfortable actually. This was the first time she was in a really nice car, a tiny part of her wished this would become a regular thing but that was too hopeful.

“I like driving myself to work sometimes.” Joong Ki told her. He stole glances at her legs as she twisted to get her seatbelt on. That skirt would ride up slightly and he would see her milky thighs again. He sighed, remembering the soulmate thing again. He still wouldn’t believe in it, but that didn’t stop his mind from wandering about Mi Cha.

Now that she was secured, he took off and headed to work. She would shift in her seat slightly at every stoplight and it didn’t help that Joong Ki’s mind was already wandering. He could feel his arousal growing, he had to remember to keep his emotions in check. Failing to do so would result in a brown cow and changing back in the . That was not a sight for Mi Cha to see.

They reached the building and he drove into the parking lot when he got an emergency text from Gwang Soo, the puzzled look at his face demanded a question.

“What’s wrong?” Mi Cha asked him, she walked calmly after him as he got into the elevator.

“I’m not sure, Gwang Soo just said it’s an emergency.” He answered.

~

“Sir, if you would let me explain, I could tell you how I helped the company. I wanted to do a better job so I became a better secretary to Joong Ki, you see.” Sori tried to explain.

Mr. Song sighed as he allowed himself to entertain her wishes, “What is it, Sori?” 

“You see, I know that the position opened again because of my negligence but I can assure you, that I am a good secretary, how else did Joong Ki manage to get so much done?” She boasted.

Gwang Soo rolled his eyes but said nothing. Despite the favoritism he had with Mr. Song, Sori’s wealth boosted her higher in status. He was in no place to say anything, all he could was hope Joong Ki was coming back to work soon and that meant Mi Cha was with him.

“Oh really? It was you that helped him? Why didn’t I see you last night then? Joong Ki and I left together.” Mr. Song asked her.

Sori’s expression faltered a bit and Gwang Soo saw it before she smiled again, “Well about that, I had an important family matter to attend to so I left early.” She explained easily.

Gwang Soo rolled his eyes, this woman was so manipulative, those lies must have come so easily to her.

He tapped his foot lightly, any second and Joong Ki would come.

“Well, you should keep up the good work as his secretary then, huh, Sori?” Mr. Song said as the elevator doors opened.

Mi Cha watched as Joong Ki’s expression changed from worry to anger, his fists clenched together and she followed his gaze. There was a woman talking to his father, her cleavage was exposed and her skirt was short, just as short as those girls in the restaurant.

Joong Ki stormed into the room and Mi Cha rushed to keep up, she watched as he glared at the woman talking to his father. “What are you doing here?” He demanded of her. Mi Cha saw Gwang Soo lightly grab Joong Ki’s arm. It was not something she missed, she knew that it was a signal for something.

“I was simply telling your father that your promotion would not have happened without me.” Sori said proudly.

Mi Cha’s head reeled, incredulous. She wanted to take credit for her work?! That was unacceptable. “Do not try to flatter yourself with lies.” She said, speaking out of turn but she didn’t care.

The woman gave her a glance over, “And who are you?” She replied with distaste.

Mi Cha turned to Joong Ki’s father, “I was the one who was instrumental in Mr. Joong Ki’s work progress in the past week. I rearranged all the folder chronologically and within the time period, alphabetically. I put up with his stupid demands to change the font size of the Jung Daehyun commercial, from whatever font it was to Times New Roman. My name is Yang Mi Cha.” She said sternly, lowering her head at the end of her speech.

She turned to the other woman, “You really shouldn’t take credit for the work of other people, I’m assuming you’re the secretary before me? You could really learn a thing or two about organization. Oh, and remember your alphabet.” Mi Cha said dryly.

Joong Ki watched in awe as Mi Cha remained her calm professional self through the whole interaction, respecting his father but at the same time giving Sori the piece of mind she deserved. She was magnificent in that argument, able to stand up for herself.

His father chuckled, “Very well then, miss Mi Cha. Thank you for helping my son with his work, I expect you to continue to do so from now on.” His father told her.

“I plan on assisting him in any way I can.” Mi Cha said with a slight bow.

“Good. I’ll get going then. You know your way out, Sori, right?” He said, before walking away after Sori gave him a slight nod.

Sori Mi Cha and glared at her, “What right do you have to get this close to Joong Ki.”

At that point, it was Joong Ki’s turn to step in. He wrapped an arm protectively around Mi Cha out of instinct. “She’s a better secretary than you ever were.” He said and he felt the shock flow through Mi Cha’s body because of his arm.

Sori looked at the both of them glaring before walking away in a huff. Gwang Soo let out a sigh of relief when she disappeared.

“You can remove your arm now, sir.”


Author's Note;;
Update! :) yay :3 so.. I've been getting better at writing and updating guys ;3
I hope you enjoy <3 please let me know what you think:)