Chapter 7. Start a War

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha took her time to alphabetize the folders in a chronological order. She didn't want to get any new work from her boss.

She had barely managed to keep her ground when he had come onto her. He was the most wanted bachelor in all of Seoul. And he had come onto her.

Obviously, it was to prove a point since she had called him ugly before but she knew that she had to keep her distance.

Just because he was attractive and she was in close proximity with him meant nothing. She had to keep a professional relationship with him.

Or else, she would be no matter than those girls that dressed up to get interviewed by Gwang Soo. And she would not stoop that low.

Joong Ki paced his office as he stared at her. He had to ruin her, he had to get her back. And prove his point.

He was her boss and she had to know that he was better than she could ever be. He could make her life miserable just because he felt like it. 

He stormed out of his office with a pile of folders and documents all about the company. His father had given him the spreadsheets to balance as well as the payroll for the employees to check. He had to make sure no one was stealing from them.

His father gave out trust willingly but also double checked everyone secretly. Even he was on the list for it, Gwang Soo would always check on Joong Ki for his dad. They were friends but it was part of Gwang Soo's job description to make sure Joong Ki didn't do anything stupid.

"Hello, Mi Cha." He greeted her as she looked up from the final folder of her organization. He smirked at the thought of punishing her for being so cruel to his ego.

"How may I help you, boss?" She asked him with a smile. She felt a sense of accomplishment after she managed to order that horrible mess his previous secretary had left.

"You need to balance all of these spreadsheets as well as double check the payroll. Make sure everything is equal and people aren't doing anything bad. I need them by tomorrow." Joong Ki said.

"Okay, I will make sure it gets done." Mi Cha replied, taking the folders from him. 

"You can start now." Joong Ki told her and he left to go to Gwang Soo's office. He found his friend sitting at his desk with a bowl of bibimbap in front of him. 

"In the middle of something?" He asked his friend.

Gwang Soo stuffed a huge spoonful into his mouth and shook his head. He swallowed his food and smiled, "What can I do for you?" He asked.

"That new secretary. What is up with her? She is like the perfect worker. Except for her attitude." Joong Ki said.

"I don't know what's your problem with that, Joong Ki. If you recall, we fired Sori because she was coming onto you. And now this secretary doesn't and you have an issue. Are you sure it's not more than that?" Gwang Soo asked, raising his eyebrows.

"What do you mean more that that?" He asked back. "What could if possibly be?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Joong Ki. She is the only one who gets under your skin like this. She is the only one who isn't coming onto you. She is the only girl you have even tried to get with so quickly without the mind games." Gwang Soo told him.

"She is not my soulmate. She is not what Seonwoong hyung said. There is no way that girl is my soulmate." Joong Ki shook his head. "No."

"Okay. You're just going to let this slide then? You clearly have a problem with her not finding you attractive." Gwang Soo reminded him.

"No, I do not. I no longer have this problem." Joong Ki said. "Thank you, I will definitely get over this." He stood up and left Gwang Soo's office.

Gwang Soo simply shook his head and started to eat his food again. He sat happily and finished the last of the food when his phone rang. He checked the caller ID before looking around to make sure no one else had noticed. 

His windows weren't tinted like Joong Ki's and no one else needed to know who was calling. He pressed the button and answered politely, "Yes, Mr. Song, how may I help you today?"

"Has he blow up the company yet?" Joong Ki's father jokingly asked.

"You know very well that he hasn't because he is capable." Gwang Soo replied.

"What about that god awful woman you kept telling me about?" He asked.

"She has been fired. Joong Ki fired her three days ago, I have already hired a replacement." Gwang Soo answered.

"And how is she? Please don't tell me she's the same?" He said with absolute disgust.

"She is not, actually. Not at all. It surprisingly is getting on Joong Ki's nerves." Gwang Soo laughed.

"It does? He remembers the rules I set, doesn't he?" He asked sternly.

"He does. But I am sure you heard of that announcement Seonwoong hyung made?" Gwang Soo asked back.

"I have. Do you think this girl might be the one?" Joong Ki's father asked.

"Maybe. But she currently works for him." Gwang Soo said, "Which makes any relationship against the rules."

"You leave that to me when it's confirmed. If she is the one, then I care more about my son's well-being then any stupid rules." He replied. 

"Understood. I will keep you updated." Gwang Soo said, "It has been nice speaking to you, Mr. Song."

"Same to you, Gwang Soo. Make sure he doesn't lose control, okay?" Joong Ki's father said.

"I will. Goodbye." Gwang Soo said and he heard the click as Mr. Song hung up on him.

Mi Cha strummed her fingers over the folders and thought about what had just transpired. She remembered what it was like to have Joong Ki's lips so close to hers. She wondered if his lips were as soft as the rumors made them out to be.

He was a player, but he never got into anything serious with anyone. He didn't find anyone special at all, he didn't entertain himself to a girl for more than a day. He never saw a girl as more than a one time fling.

His dates to big events were hand selected by his family and he was never caught anywhere inappropriate.

She knew that she was not even in the same league as a guy like him. He was in the top social circles and she barely had friends apart from Hwayoung. She needed the job to go to Jeju with Hwayoung because she was the poor one.

Hwayoung could afford to fly to Europe if she wanted to. Her family was the rich one, she was in similar social circles to Joong Ki but she never tried to gain his affection. She preferred long-term relationships over one night flings.

Mi Cha had no way of getting through to this guy, so it was better that she continued to pretend he was ugly in her eyes. She sighed to herself as she finished balancing the spreadsheets as well as checking the employees' payroll. 

"You've made a mistake right there." Joong Ki pointed out to her directly as she moved out of her daze. "Mr. Kim Soohyun has been working for this firm for three years so his pay increased by 5% so your decimals are wrong." He said.

"You're right. I shall fix that right away, sir." She said, retyping her work into the spreadsheet on the computer.

"I'm leaving now, just leave the finished product on my desk and lock up after me will you?" Joong Ki asked her casually.

"Yes, boss." Mi Cha replied as she went right back to it to review the employee records of their employment term to find out whether all her math was right.

Joong Ki smirked to himself, there was no way she was going to get it done by tomorrow. And he had another plan for her tomorrow, of course. All that hard work would go to waste.

Because Kim Soohyun was not worthy of that pay raise he had just informed her of. She would have to start all over again. She had started a war with him and he would win, no matter what.


Author's Note;
Another update guys <3
if you're enjoying this let me know please <3 lol.

also, if you're interested, watch this:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/770177