Chapter 12. Apologies

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

He turned the doorknob to Joong Ki’s office to find the new VP not in his chair but on the ground. The little brown cow that he usually became was stomping angrily. Gwang Soo sighed, he bent down and held his hand out to Joong Ki and the cow climbed on.

He brought Joong Ki over to his desk chair and waited for the man to calm down. He reached into the closet that was behind the desk and took out a new suit for him. Gwang Soo sat in a chair, facing the other wall while he waited. 

He heard the grunting before he saw Joong Ki with his clothes on, all nice and tidy. “That was severely disappointing.” Joong Ki grumbled as he pressed on his temples again. The transformation always disoriented him and gave him minor headaches.

“Well, you knew that you had to keep your emotions in check.” Gwang Soo replied, turning to face him.

“Don’t you think I know that?!” Joong Ki snapped at him.

Gwang Soo glared, “I just came by to check up on you. Unless you would prefer your father do that.” He said, moving to get up from his chair.

“No, no. Please stay.” Joong Ki said quickly, “Sorry. I just… There’s too much work for me to do and not enough time.” He said apologizing.

“Well, that’s what happens when you lose a secretary, they can do the time-consuming work while you trust them and multitask between company problems.” Gwang Soo shrugged casually.

“What am I going to do? There’s no way we can hire Sori back, even though we both know she would jump up at any chance to get hired again.” Joong Ki told him.

“You can’t keep the position open for long either. And besides, you know that Mi Cha was the best secretary that you ever had.” Gwang Soo argued.

“You could do interviews again.” Joong Ki suggested optimistically.

Gwang Soo threw him a look, “I am not conducting interviews. It took me forever to find someone that was capable and wasn’t going to hit on you and you went and ruined that.” He said harshly.

Joong Ki sighed, “Yeah, I know, I know. But what am I gonna do? It’s not like she’ll just come back.” He said.

“Well, obviously you need to apologize.” Gwang Soo told him, “You’re the one who took advantage of her just because she didn’t fall in love with you the moment she laid eyes on you.” 

Joong Ki scoffed, “Me apologize? She’s the one who said I was repulsive.” He argued.

“You’re the one who is getting angry over a girl that works well for you, obeys the company rules about no relationships, and is capable of doing all the work you give her and more.” Gwang Soo countered, “So who is really the unreasonable one here?”

“She said something totally impossible.” Joong Ki said proudly. “How is that even possible when I am who I am?”

Gwang Soo’s face fell into his palm, sometimes being Joong Ki’s best friend was a really pain in his side. “You are really hard-headed you know that? She is the perfect secretary. You are the that let her get away.”

“What do you expect me to do about this, Gwang Soo? She quit.” Joong Ki asked him, crossing his arms over his chest. Why wasn’t Gwang Soo understanding that the problem wasn’t with him but with her?

“Are you sure she’s not your soulmate? She is the only one you are this worked up over, ever. And you know that I’m right, because you’ve never cast any other woman more than a glance before.” Gwang Soo stated.

“You know that I do not believe in that soulmate stuff! Besides, if she was, wouldn’t that mean she would want to stay by my side?” Joong Ki reasoned.

“That’s not what Seonwoong hyung said at all. Your soulmate is someone that your primal instincts go crazy for in the case of you animals.” Gwang Soo reminded him.

“What does that mean?” 

“It means that something as petty as keeping company policy and being professional gets under your skin.” Gwang Soo snapped, “Now, go and apologize to her and ask to hire her back.” He demanded.

“I don’t even know where she lives.” Joong Ki said, rolling his eyes.

Gwang Soo threw a piece of paper onto the table and glared at Joong Ki, “There. Now go and get her back. You need someone to help organize and do this godforsaken job just so you can get some sleep at night.” He said sternly.

“I cannot apologize to her.” Joong Ki said clearly.

“Then, tell your father how much you’re lacking right now. What will you do about the promotion then?” He asked back. 

Joong Ki let out a long sigh, he picked up the piece of paper and straightened his suit. “Fine.” He walked around his desk and left his office. It took a lot of effort for him to avoid looking at Gwang Soo smirking behind him. He climbed the car and gave the address to his driver, they sped around until they came to a shorter building. It was only 8 floors up and the outside didn’t look too nice. He moved closer to his driver, “Are you sure this is the right place?” 

“That’s what the address you have says, sir.” His driver responded.

He sighed, giving his thanks and climbing out of the car. He headed up the stairs to the 6th floor as the paper instructed. He looked around and saw the numbers on the doors, to his left was decreasing and his right increasing.

He turned right and found apartment 615. She had no decorations on her door, that was to be expected, seeing as how she left no trace of herself at her desk. She was just occupying a space it seemed. Joong Ki sighed to himself, looking around he could tell that this was in the more frugal part of the neighborhood. 

He had forced her to quit when she needed the job, she had no other skills, nor attributes that allowed her to get jobs most girls got. Her features were more notorious for equaling nerd, versus pretty. 

Though he did notice that she had light flecks of light brown in her eyes from the times he actually saw her. And the glasses she wore definitely didn’t look real to him, but he wasn’t sure. 

Well, he was just there to apologize, that was it. Nothing else. Apologize, tell her that he needed her back at work and then she’ll say yes and his job would done. He let out a heavy breath, raising his hand to knock on the door. 

He lowered it before it could even touch the wood. What was he doing. Why was he lowering himself to apologizing to this girl? If anything she had to apologize to him! But if she never saw him again, then she could never apologize either.

He mustered his strength and raised his hand to knock on the door again. His hand made contact this time and he knocked loudly, holding his breath as he waited.


Author's Note;;
Another update for you guys lol. :o
So I guess instead of daily updates its like every other day. lol.
Anyway enjoy~ I hope my writing is okay. T^T