Chapter 5. New Secretary

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Immediately, Mi Cha took out her phone and called up Hwayoung. "Hey you."

"What's up?" Hwayoung asked her. "Did you manage to find a job?" 

"Yeah, a secretary job." Mi Cha said. She waited a moment before telling Hwayoung who her boss was. She knew how Hwayoung felt about her secretary jobs, it didn't pay enough to cover the airline fee like how restaurant jobs did. But her new job would pay more than Hwayoung would ever get in tips. Hwayoung would only make the same amount as a high class stripper.

"Another one. We'll never get to Jeju now. Gosh, Mi Cha. That's why I told you to get the restaurant job." Hwayoung chided her.

"My new boss is Song Joong Ki of Kiaile Corporation. I will be making more money than you will." Mi Cha said proudly as she was happy to finally find a job that she liked. She didn't really like thee restaurant jobs because she wasn't exactly a people person.

Hwayoung was though, and that's why she was hired everywhere. And her side of the phone line was quiet as she processed what Mi Cha had said. She took a deep breath before speaking. "YOUUUUU LUCKYYYYY BITTTCCHHHH!!!" She shouted at Mi Cha over the phone.

She held the phone away from her and she sighed, "I know who he is. But I don't plan on doing anything." Mi Cha replied to her.

"Why not? You have the perfect opportunity to try and get at him. You'll have to see him every day and you could get him to fall for you." Hwayoung said.

"Because I'm sure that the reason why the position was open was because all these girls are trying to get with him. And all the girls trying to get the new secretary position was trying to get at him too. I just want to do the job." Mi Cha told her.

"That's true. But still, Mi Cha. I would get with that." Hwayoung said suggestively to her.

"I know you would. But I don't really find him that attractive." Mi Cha replied.

Hwayoung gasped loudly over the phone, "You take that back!" She yelled at Mi Cha.

"No. I don't think he's worth all those girls' attention." Mi Cha said.

"He is. But you really don't him attractive at all?" Hwayoung asked her.

Mi Cha thought of the question before looking him up on her tablet. She stared at a picture of him and deliberated. She sighed, "Okay, maybe I think he's like a little attractive." She admitted, "But not worthy enough for me to chase after him."

"I knew it." Hwayoung laughed at her. "Okay, well, get it, sweetie. I have faith in you." She said before hanging up on Mi Cha.

She stared at her phone while thinking about Hwayoung's words. There was no way she was going to chase after that guy. He wasn't worth it and she really did want her job. So she wouldn't even make him feel like she liked him.

That was the plan.

~

The next morning came quicker than she expected and she had to get ready for the job. She went through her closet looking for something professional to wear. She found an old purple pencil skirt she had from before she hit puberty and slipped it on.

It was a little big and didn't really fit anywhere but it would have to do for now. She didn't want to seem like she was coming onto him, but at the same time, it was a professional skirt. It hung weirdly and she would need to replace it with black before tomorrow.

She grabbed a bigger button down and tucked it in. The sleeves stretching out a little past her fingers but she just rolled it up her elbows anyway. She grabbed the matching blazer and her glasses and headed out the door. 

She made a detour to her favorite barista for Joong Ki's coffee order, black with two sugars and arrived outside the building at 7:50AM. All the people walking by looked at her in disbelief and she took a deep breath. This was it, her new job and she had to leave with it. She went up to the designated floor and saw Gwang Soo waiting for her. 

He gave her a smile and wave before telling her to come over. "I see you brought the coffee." He said.

"I did, I plan to brew it myself from now on. But I didn't have time to do so this morning." She replied.

"It's fine. He just likes it made well." Gwang replied to her casually. "Are you ready?" He asked her.

"As I'll ever be." She answered.

“Joong Ki. Your new secretary is here.” Gwang Soo said through the intercom.

Joong Ki rolled his eyes, he was not looking forward to this, he had just fired Sori for her ual advances.

And the secretary before that, and the one before that, and the one before that.

All of them tried to come on to him, and he was not interested. In fact, he didn’t even want to mix work with pleasure, there was something so wrong about it that didn’t appeal to him.

He was not looking forward to working with this girl.

He pushed the button on his own intercom, “Fine, send her in.” He said.

Gwang Soo gestured at the girl outside to walk through the door, she obeyed and kept her eyes down until she finished her formal greeting to her boss.

“Please treat me kindly.” She finished before looking up at him.

Joong Ki took one look at her and scoffed, “You’re my new secretary?” He said, “What was your name again?”

“Yang Mi Cha.” She answered without hesitation.

“Right. Mi Cha. Well, I have a bunch of papers I need you to file, and some things that you need to create spreadsheets for, for me. Can you handle that?” He gestured at the pile of manila folders on the side of his desk.

Mi Cha set down the coffee she bought per Gwang Soo's instructions. She adjusted her glasses and picked up the pile of folders, “You’ll have it in one hour.” She said before leaving the room.

Joong Ki looked at the girl in disbelief, what just happened? Did she really not come onto him?

He walked out of the office to find her typing away at her desk already a quarter of the folders were typed up.

“Why didn’t you hit on me?” He asked her.

Mi Cha turned and looked at him up and down, “I don’t mean to be rude, but don’t flatter yourself, sajangnim. You’re not that great looking.” She said coldly before returning back to her work.

Joong Ki gritted his teeth before sitting down in his chair angrily.

“Not good-looking?” He scoffed out loud, “I’ll show you Yang Mi Cha. I’m attractive.”

Gwang Soo chuckled as he saw Joong Ki’s look of determination.

Let the war begin.

---

The two women watched the screens as the situation in the office played out, she had put up a fight to get to the interview with Gwang Soo but she managed to get there. All the interference that Ailee had to try and put up tired her out a bit. But at least she finally got the two of them together.

Ailee let out a sigh of relief as she looked to Hyori. "She wouldn't make this easy, would she?" She said.

"Do you really think our girl is like that?" Hyori said with a smirk. "Besides, after so long, Joong Ki needs to do some chasing of his own anyway."

"She won't succumb to him as easily as he thinks." Ailee told Hyori, who was walking away towards the kitchen.

She grabbed Ailee some water and chips and handed it to the girl. "Oh, I know, sweetie. But don't you know, that's where all the fun will begin." Hyori said, an evil glint in her eye as they turned back to watch the screens.


Author's Note;
Another update :3 lol.
Enjoy ^^ And now they've met and we come full circle with the foreword.
And now the games truly begin ;)

 

this shade of purple by the way guys [Joong Ki's hanbok]