Chapter 10. Promotion

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

"Father? What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to come back for another two weeks?" Joong Ki said respectfully with a bow.

"I cut the trip short, I have been all sorts of things about the job you've been doing and I've decided to let you do more work for the company." His father told him. 

"What does that mean, Father? I've been the acting CEO in your place while you've been gone." Joong Ki replied to him.

"I know, but your original post was the leader of the Department Heads. I want you to be my Vice President, you have proved that you can handle all of the work." His father said.

Joong Ki's jaw dropped, "Really? But what about Mr. Kim?" He asked.

"Sori's father? It's time for him step down, he knew that a day would come when you were ready for the position." His father replied. "Besides, we already had a deal that ended when you fired her as your secretary."

"You had a deal with him over that?" Joong Ki asked him suspiciously.

His father nodded curtly, "Not what you're thinking. He simply asked me to include Sori in the interview files and I did. It turned out she was the best candidate and got hired. I wasn't really expecting much from her, but she started to take advantage of it." He explained.

"And there was nothing we could do about it because at the time there were no other viable candidates." Joong Ki said, completing the story.

"Exactly. But how are you, son? I hear you've been getting a lot of work done." He asked him.

Joong Ki gulped as he tried to out in a brave face. He wasn't about to let his father know what happened with the secretary they had replace Sori. "Yeah, I've managed to get a lot of filing and meetings done." 

His father raised his eyebrows slightly, "Really? But I thought you hated filing." 

"I don't anymore. It is necessary to the company so I have to learn to deal with it." Joong Ki lied.

His father frowned before shaking his head, "This is true. Well, I should really leave you to it, you must have a lot of stuff to do." His father said.

"Ahh, yes, father. I'm almost done though." Joong Ki said, flicking his wrist to look at the time.

12:34AM.

He muttered a curse under his breath, "Never mind. It's nothing that can't wait til the morning. I'll go home with you, Father." Joong Ki said getting his stuff together going towards the car with his father.

The elevator ride downstairs was a silent one and the driver was already waiting for them. They both got into the car on opposite sides and sat quietly.

Joong Ki took out his phone and held it up to his face to hide the screen from his father. He typed in a familiar number and sent a message. 

My dad is back.

Oh, really I didn't know he got back so soon.

I didn't either Gwang Soo. He promoted me to VP cause of my good work.

That's good isn't it?

It was work that I got done with Mi Cha around.

You didn't tell him what happened?

No, how do you think he would react to that?

Sigh. You're so dumb sometimes, Joong Ki.

I know, I know. I should tell him but now isn't the right time.

Joong Ki looked over to his father and saw that his father was on his phone as well. Perhaps texting a woman, his father's private life was none of his business. 

He sighed to himself, the praise he received was not just for him. He had been doing work ahead of time when he was trying to bother Mi Cha. Now, he had to keep up the same pace without her.

Joong Ki's father looked at his screen and saw that his friend had replied.

He didn't tell you about the girl?

No he didn't. I'm pretty sure he's too ashamed to say anything.

That guy. I'm sorry he didn't tell you. He should.

Don't worry I will make sure he tells me eventually. But don't let it get out, hopefully Sori doesn't come back around.

Definitely. I won't let her come back. We have to get the secretary back no matter what.

That's definite. Do not worry I will make my son realize his faults.

The two of them sat silently in the axe once again as the driver pulled up to their apartment building. They got out and gave small nods to the driver who drove away.

"He will pick us up at 9am sharp tomorrow." His father told him.

"Okay, I will be ready by then." Joong Ki replied.

"You know, you should really consider finding a wife." His father said.

Joong Ki looked at his father in shock, "Don't tell me you've heard what Seonwoong hyung said."

"I did, not saying that I necessarily believe it. But I do think you need an advantageous marriage for the company. Choi and Kim won't be neck in neck with us for very long if they marry well. So should you." His father said, as they walked into the elevator to their penthouse apartment.

"Advantageous. You mean something that would boost our stock." Joong Ki said blandly.

"I don't necessarily think that, son. I am just saying marriage shouldn't be too far away for you. Besides, having a woman around is nice, don't you think?" His father said with a smile. The elevator doors opened, showing them their house.

It was nice and clean, because of the maid arrive his dad kept around and they didn't have to worry about food.

"I think you're trying to involve yourself in my life a bit too much, father." Joong Ki said curtly.

His father sighed, "You're right. I'm sorry, I just want you to be happy. At least find someone you love and keep them." He said.

"What do you know about that? Don't you have several women on your speed dial?" Joong Ki barked back.

"You watch your tone with me, young man." His father warned him. "But no, I don't have any women on speed dial, all the women I talk to are for business arrangements. I haven't been on a date in years."

"Then where's my mother?” Joong Ki challenged him.

His father sighed, “You know that I don’t like to talk about it.” His father answered sadly.

“You’ve never told me about her ever. I’ve assumed that either I was made to be your heir or an accident.” Joong Ki told him.

“That’s not true either!” His father refuted. “Just don’t worry about it. I was married to a woman, we loved each other we had you and that’s it.” His father said, taking a bottle of cognac and heading into his study.

Joong Ki sighed sadly, he never managed to get any information about his mother from his father. He just knew that she existed and she was not apart of the company, because that was against the rules. She was the one who helped come up with that rule, he had been told.

He took the coffee pot and his cup to his own room, he needed to comb through some of the Jung Daehyun documents, even if it meant being dead tired the next morning.


Author's Note;;
Another update guys lol <3
and.. comments are loved :3
I hope you like this update~ it'll come back later.. :o I hope. LOL. 
Well.. it should.. ><;; 

Anyway~ clicky~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrFJVDskNM