Chapter 22. Stopped

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

She was furious, how dare that insolent take her man! She had been flirting and trying to court him for ages! Her father promised that as long as she did well in the secretary job then she would get to marry him. She had done her job, she dressed nice, she played nice, she even tried to catch his eye every so often.

Her father had lied to her, the news had just told her. Not to mention, she knew that they hadn’t met on a blind date, it was because of the company rules. She could blackmail them into calling off the engagement, because now that she was no longer his secretary, she could do whatever she wanted. She knew about the rules and that’s why she never jumped his bones when she worked for him.

But now, things were different, now some tramp had stomped her turf and she wasn’t going to let that happen.

She arrived at the building and saw all the shocked faces of the employees around her, she gave them a small smirk before turning in the elevator and the doors closed. She pressed his floor and waited, her anger slowly brewing beneath the surface.

The doors opened and she saw that the wasn’t sitting at her desk, she narrowed her eyes at the empty seat, where was she then? She set her eyes on his office door and her fists clenched, she couldn’t possibly be in there, could she?

She walked there, her stiletto heels announcing her arrival as they hit the linoleum floor. She saw his best friend drop all his papers at the sight of her in shock. That made her even happier as she turned the knob and saw the stupid sitting on his lap. 

They weren’t even making out and she was wearing the shortest skirt ever. She knew that she was a liar, she just dressed conservatively to get his attention at first but now, she was actually trying to get him now.

“You !” She shouted, storming to the both of them. Her feet stamping around as she threw her tantrum. “How dare you take what’s mine!” 

He looked at her in disgust, “What’s yours, Sori?” He asked her, his tone gave off this weird feeling. A mixture of insult as well as something more.

“I claimed you first! It worked on Kim!” She shouted at him. “My father promised me that we would be married.” 

“I’m sorry, but I’m not Kim.” Joong Ki said calmly. “And I think you should leave, your father no longer has the prestige of his position that you assume so he has nothing to do with this matter.”

Sori looked at him, confused, “What do you mean my father no longer has the prestige of his position? Does he not work here anymore?” She asked.

“That’s not what I said, he just isn’t my father’s right hand man anymore. So therefore, you have nothing.” Joong Ki explained. He continued, cradling Mi Cha in his arms possessively. She wasn’t going to get hurt just because Sori lost her favorite toy.

“You are an idiot, you know. I could go and tell the gossip news about how you two truly met. That would ruin the company’s image seeing as how everyone knows that the rules are no relationships between employees.” Sori threatened, she smirked at the thought. She knew exactly what she would say in the interview with All Korean Gossip.

“You’re a fool to think you can do that and get away with it.” Hwayoung said, standing in the doorway of Joong Ki’s office, her arms folded across her chest. She was glaring at Sori and Mi Cha smiled at her friend.

“Who are you to say what I can and can’t do?” Sori said rolling her eyes at Hwayoung. “You’re a nobody, I have a social standing than you do.”

“You’re wrong about that.” Joong Ki said, smirking. “Miss Ryu Hwayoung is in a current relationship with someone that has higher social standing than you do. And because of that, by association, she is higher than you as well. Not only that, but Miss Ryu Hwayoung is a frequent visitor of Club Heartbeat, and I have been recently enlightened that you are as well. And she has all the connections to get her in as VIP without having to sleep around.” 

Sori narrowed her eyes at him as she grew speechless with embarrassment. “This isn’t the end, Joong Ki! You are missing out!” She yelled at him.

“Please leave, Sori. While you still have your dignity.” Joong Ki told her and she raised her hand towards the couple and Hwayoung moved quickly to hold her back.

“I have the police waiting for you.” Hwayoung informed her. “Please do not embarrass yourself further.”

Sori glared at her hand on her arm and ripped her wrist away. “I do not need you here.” She said angrily, turning back to glare at Mi Cha once more before exiting the room loudly.

Mi Cha let out a sigh of relief when Sori left, “She really wants to be with huh?” She asked.

“Her father is Kim Soohyun.” Joong Ki said, explaining the situation in one sentence.

“That’s why she’s all prideful about her status? But you said he’s not your father’s right hand anymore.” Mi Cha replied.

“Yeah, my father got rid of him after he promoted me.” He told her. “And Sori doesn’t know yet.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sori is such a dumb hoe that is trying to get with your man, anyway! Why didn’t you tell me about the engagement?!” Hwayoung shouted at her friend and Joong Ki let go of Mi Cha and ran away. 

He was not about to get into this girl time, “I’ll get to work over here.” He said, going over to his desk when Hwayoung plopped herself beside Mi Cha.

She looked at her friend very expectantly, “Well, I’m waiting.” 


Author's Note;;
here we are! :)
Another update :3 Today was the last day of my trial period at my job... 
enjoy:D