Chapter 8. Resigned

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha had poured over the spreadsheets and she couldn't find the money to give Mr. Kim Soohyun his pay raise. She looked at her watch and saw that it was already 11:00PM and she still wasn't finished it.

She had actually finished it hours ago but now that Joong Ki had her looking into the pay raise, she had no idea where the money was coming from. He was her boss, of course, so why would he be wrong? She needed to find the dollars somewhere and yet everything was coming up clean.

She yanked at her hair in frustration, why would Joong Ki tell her that Mr. Kim Soohyun got a pay raise when it wasn't in the budget? His company wasn't stupid, he surely wasn't taking money from other places just to pay this one employee.

"You shouldn't do that to your hair, it's already short, do you want bald spots?" A voice interrupted her and she noticed Gwang Soo was still here as well.

She bowed her head to him, "You stay late?" She asked him.

He nodded, "I had some stuff to attend to. Why are you here so late?” He asked her.

“Joong Ki is having me redo my records of the payroll, because Mr. Kim Soohyun is supposed to get a 5% pay raise according to him, I cannot for the life of me, find the funds to give him this pay raise.” Mi Cha explained to Gwang Soo, “I’ve done everything else, but it’s just this one thing that is killing me.”

“Let me see.” Gwang Soo took the papers and looked over the numbers, he sighed when he looked at them. It was the Kim Soohyun who he thought it was. “Go home, Mi Cha.” He told her. “I’ll handle this.”

“But Joong Ki sajangnim said that I had to finish this before I left.” Mi Cha argued.

“I will take care of this, Mi Cha. Go home.” Gwang Soo said more sternly, looking at her directly.

She opened to protest but his stern look made her take back her concerns, “Very well. Have a good night, Gwang Soo sunbaenim.” She said her goodbye before leaving to go home. 

Gwang Soo waited for her to be completely out of the room before taking out his cell phone and making a call, it rang three times before he picked up.

“Is there something wrong, Gwang Soo?” Joong Ki said on the other line.

“Why did you lie to Mi Cha about Kim Soohyun’s pay raise?” Gwang Soo demanded, “You’re having her search for money that doesn’t exist.”

“She’s actually been there until this late?” Joong Ki scoffed and then chuckled, "Wow, she really is dedicated."

Gwang Soo snapped, "This is not funny, Joong Ki. This is the first time I've hired a secretary that actually gets work done and doesn't come onto you. You're going to chase her away at this rate."

"Relax, Gwang Soo. I'm just messing with her. Besides, she's the one who was being rude earlier." Joong Ki said dismissively.

"I thought you said you weren't bothered by the fact that she doesn't find you attractive?" Gwang Soo asked suspiciously.

"I'm not bothered by it," Joong Ki answered quickly, "I just thought she deserved to be taught a lesson."

Gwang Soo sighed, "You're really childish. She's already finished filing the rest of the paperwork for next week and she rescheduled some of your appointments that overlapped each other. You should really consider keeping her around." He said sternly.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever, Gwang Soo. Are we done?" Joong Ki asked him.

"Have a good night's sleep, President." Gwang Soo said sarcastically.

"I intend to." Joong Ki replied before hanging up on him.

Gwang Soo closed his phone and shook his head. He knew there was something different about that girl, Joong Ki was just too stupid to realize it. He was going to make her resign at this rate.

He gathered up the papers she had organized and took it downstairs to the finance office, she didn't need to worry about the pay raise that didn't exist.

Now, he was just worried about the next morning.

Mi Cha showed up early with a coffee for Joong Ki, black with two sugars. She had brewed herself this time with her trusty coffee machine and it had come out perfect.

She placed the cup on Joong Ki's desk when she reported for work. "Good morning, sajangnim." She greeted him.

Joong Ki smirked, "Good morning, secretary. I have more work for you today, please do the filing of the Jung Daehyun commercial." He told her.

"Okay, will do, sir." She replied before leaving the room. 

He watched her through his window to the offices and stared at her work. She was about to get it around lunch time, he would make her suffer for her words.

Mi Cha took her time over the documents and saw that Jung Daehyun was her age. He was young but he had the appeal over women which benefited the company. Kiaile Corporation was only as strong as their marketing team. They sold everything that any housewife needed as well as all the house appliances and tools that men wanted. They were best known for their stoves, and this young Jung Daehyun cooked everything under the sun on the stove and sampled it.

She realized that was one of the problems of the commercial as well, because he had cooked so many things, it had cost extra to get all the ingredients, if he just made one dish every time, then it would be much more cost-efficient. She added that to her notes as something she should bring up with Joong Ki later after she finished the organization of the all files.

She actually finished it rather quickly, it was a simple task for her to finish and she took the folders and brought them to his office. He was busy talking on the phone when she entered and delivered the files to him. She waited for him to get off the call and then said, “I finished it, sajangnim.”

He smiled at her as he looked it over briefly. “Okay, good.” He said confidently, making Mi Cha smile. “Now, do it again but make sure every paper in these folders are Times New Roman size 12.” He told her and her jaw dropped.

She had just handed him at least 500 pages and she had to retype all of them because some weren’t the right font? “You’re serious.” 

"Very. Just make sure everything is professional looking, I know sometimes people forget to double check if they're using Times New Roman or not," Joong Ki said dismissively as he sent her away.

Gwang Soo walked in and she walked past him, "Did you tell Mi Cha about the lie you told her yet?" He asked before even closing the door.

"What lie?" Mi Cha walked back into the room and asked.

"Oh, shoot. You heard me." Gwang Soo said, scared for the consequences of this now. He had forgotten to close the damn door and now Mi Cha would be furious. 

"The lie of Kim Soohyun's pay raise. I just wanted to see if you would stay all night or not," Joong Ki said with a shrug.

Her eyes hardened at him as she clenched her fists, "You useless son of a . You're wasting my time." She said, "I actually worked hard to try and find a way to get him that pay raise, I did the math and everything and he didn't even deserve the pay raise."

"He really doesn't. He should be fired soon, actually." Joong Ki replied with a little sass.

Mi Cha turned to Gwang Soo, "And this Times New Roman is just another ploy to get me to do more work?" She scoffed, "You know what, I quit." She said and grabbed all her stuff and left.

Joong Ki was left there with his jaw dropped open. "What."

Gwang Soo shook his head, "Good going, Joong Ki, now she just quit," he said, walking out of the room.

"But I was serious about the font thing." Joong Ki whispered, to himself.

"Yeah well, she didn't think so. I'll start scheduling interviews again." Gwang Soo called to Joong Ki as he walked towards his own office space to start dialing the restaurant his uncle owned.

"But she can't quit." Joong Ki mumbled, "She can't."

"She just did, oppa and she really was the best thing that ever happened to you," Heeyoung said walking into the room.


Author's Note;;
WOOT. I updated guys :3 LOL.
Anyway~ Joong Ki wasted her time. and she quit.
Yeah, I know she gave up lol. but whatever~
How would you feel after all the rejection from the restaurants and then you get the secretary job you wanted only for your boss to take advantage of your skills? :o 
enjoy :)