Chapter 19. Sneak Peek

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Gwang Soo walked away from Mi Cha as he saw her walk into Joong Ki's office with her work. He already knew she was Joong Ki's soulmate and with that outfit, he was certain that something was going to happen.

He grinned to himself proud of his accomplishment before looking through Mi Cha's desk to find where Sori kept the 'Do Not Disturb' sign. He opened the first drawer and found it right away. He moved to hang it on the doorknob of Joong Ki's office, he didn't hear anything yet but he didn't want to either.

He was gloating when he saw a guy with brown hair try to approach the office. "Could I assist you?" He asked him.

The guy smiled and shook his head, "I actually wanted to speak with Mr. Joong Ki." He said.

"Is it important?" Gwang Soo asked him, "Because he's busy right now."

The guy frowned, "It is a bit important.." He said.

"Well, why don't you talk to me about it in my office? I can relay any messages you want Joong Ki to know." Gwang Soo offered, pointing towards the elevator. "It's a floor beneath us."

"Okay, I just what some advice on my career path." The guy said, going into the elevator and Gwang Soo followed. Relief washed over him, he should also try to figure out how to make the elevator go to his floor instead of Joong Ki. At least when he was busy like this.

"Right this way." Gwang Soo directed and he opened the door to his small office. He had one desk in the middle of the room and two chairs facing his one comfy chair on the other side. 

"Well, have a seat." He told the guy, he sat down at the same time. "What can I do for you today?"

"I'm sure you know by now, I'm Jung Daehyun, set to appear in your commercials soon." The guy said.

"Yes, I did recognize your face." Gwang Soo replied.

"Well my problem is that my parents are hesitant to allow me to pursue this career in this particular industry." Daehyun explained.

"If I'm not mistaken, aren't you of legal age?" Gwang Soo asked back, his eyebrows raised. 

"Yes, I am. But they are my parents and they want to have a say even though in the end, it's my decision." Daehyun said.

"So you want to know if you should just listen to them or do what you want." Gwang Soo concluded from the way the conversation was going.

"Yes, I've been receiving lots of offers for jobs and I selected yours because of the fairness Kiaile treats their employees but it is not always going to be steady I'm sure." Daehyun told him. "I might be jobless in a few years."

Gwang Soo smiled at him, "Why don't you try doing both? You can pursue this career, acting, modeling whatever. And then while you do that, you can attend school somehow and get the knowledge in other subject areas for those times when you might be without a job." He suggested.

"I thought about that but don't I have to attend class in college?" Daehyun asked him.

Gwang Soo frowned, "That depends on the professor. But if you find a school who will teach you other things, or how to make modeling or acting skills irreplaceable then you'll never be without a job." He said.

"Ahh. That makes a lot of sense." Daehyun said, a smile gracing his features. "Thank you for helping me." 

"You're welcome. Besides, I'm sure if you do a good job, the company might keep asking for you." Gwang Soo told him.

"I would look forward to that." He said, standing up, "Thank you for your time." Daehyun said holding his hand out.

Gwang Soo gladly shook it, "Anytime. Don't do anything you don't want to." He said.

"I won't." Daehyun smiled and left the office.

~

She watched the both of them interact and she could feel the tug on the screens again.

"This one, he's the Rooster." Hyori told her apprentice.

"I remember his picture that the client sent us." Ailee replied.

"He is connected to that one girl, we saw before." Hyori said.

"You can tell?" Ailee said, "We haven't seen them together yet." 

"Yes, I can tell. You need more experience but soon, you'll be able to tell too." Hyori told her.

"What will you do now though?" Ailee asked, as she smiled when the Ox took his mate.

"Nothing for now." Hyori answered her.

Ailee turned to her mentor, "Nothing? But you found the both of them." She said in surprise.

"They aren't prepared to meet yet. Plus I need to watch this Rooster, I can sense that there's more than what he seems." Hyori told her.

Ailee turned to watch him leave the building, "Hmm.. He does seem to be hiding something." She agreed, "None of these zodiac animals seem to be how they act."

Hyori smiled at her, "Exactly. Besides, if I started the matching now, his mate is too distracted and I'm pretty sure I have some obstacles to overcome. I'll have to wait to match them." She said.

"I hope he doesn't turn out to be some major bad guy with a criminal record." Ailee sighed, "That would be too difficult."

"I don't think he has a criminal record. But he does have secrets."

— 

"Before I say anything, it's your choice to leave or stay after I tell you." Joong Ki said.

"I know, you said that already." Mi Cha told him. 

"Okay, but if you decide that you want to stay then we have to work overnight to make up the time we lost." He said with a smile.

"That's not a problem but what's the big deal, sir?" She asked.

"Call me Joong Ki oppa." He directed her sternly.

"Fine, but just tell me already." She whined.

"Okay, okay. I am not exactly all human."


Author's Note;;
next update ^^ enjoy please~ lol. :o
In case you didn't know. Daehyun is the Rooster lol. 
Those who voted for it I hope you remember~ 
Anyway, enjoy~ got the confession left some loose ends to tie
And I'll be on my way to the Tiger