Chapter 24. Touch

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

The elevator doors closed and Joong Ki smirked at her, he pushed her into the corner underneath the one camera. “So..” He said happily, moving his lips closer to hers. 

He stayed close to her lips but didn’t make contact, tilting his head from side to side and smirking. Mi Cha followed his movements as she waited for him to kiss her, instead he pulled and laughed when the elevator doors opened.

She pouted at him, “Meanie.” She whined and he squeezed her hand tight. “You’re gonna pay for that.” She told him.

“Oh, yeah? You wish.” Joong Ki said as he led her to the conference room, politely opening the door for her and they walked in together.

“This is exactly what we need to talk about!” The other board members shouted, pointing at the two of them. Joong Ki’s father sat at the head of the table, calmly waiting for them to walk in.

“What is there to talk about?” His father asked them.

“I don’t know, what do you think?” One of the female board members said, giving him the full amount of attitude she could muster towards their boss.

“I do not see a problem, now if all of you could sit down then we can get started.” His father directed at all of them. They followed but without casting dirty looks at the couple that walked in. 

There were two chairs open right beside his father and they sat down, beside each other. Mi Cha looked nervous as they continued to stare at her, especially the women on the board, she wasn’t exactly sure why yet though. It felt like it could have been out of jealousy but then that wouldn’t have made sense either.

“Okay, let’s talk about this rationally. What questions do you have?” His father offered.

“They work together, why are they allowed to marry?” The woman asked them, “The rules have always been no working relationships.”

“As the founder of this company, I believe that I can bend the rules for my son. He has special circumstances in which he needs to marry this girl.” Joong Ki’s father explained. 

“Then why not make her quit?” The woman suggested, “They wouldn’t break the rules this way.”

“I’m not sure if you’ve heard yet, Miss Seo, but every time we open up the secretary position for me, we have to spend 3 hours combing through girls who come to the interviews unprepared, barely covered in fabric and all of them expect to see me conducting the interviews, so they can seduce me.” Joong Ki interrupted, haughtily. “In fact, Gwang Soo even told me that your daughter was one of them.” 

Miss Seo pursed her lips tightly and frowned, she kept them shut and left that topic there.

“Is there any other questions?” Joong Ki’s father asked, the pleasure evident on his face at how proud he was of his son.

“How can you prove that they will be okay to work with each other?” Another man asked them. 

“We actually went over the legal documents for the Jung Daehyun commercial, I took the initiative and started the paperwork if we would hire him again. We also started to go over the new products list and weeded out the ones that seemed less profitable. We started the work on that as well.” Mi Cha answered decisively. “We can show it to you if you want.”

“That would be nice.” The man told her and she stood up and moved to the closest laptop and got her work done there. She presented it up to the screen and gave the entire presentation while everyone watched it. She explained their point of view calmly and clearly, when it was over she sat back down in her chair. 

Joong Ki reached over and gave her thigh a small squeeze, he acknowledged that she did well. She gave him a small smile but he kept his hand on her thigh. 

"Well that was good work actually." The man said, nodding his head slowly.

"What are you going to do about the media spectacle?" An older man asked.

"We are going to use it and give attention to Kiaile Corporation and make the publicity work for us.” Joong Ki said proudly.

“And how are you going to do that?” The man asked them. 

“Use the products that we promote and get caught on camera with them. Besides, we all know that they are good products, and plus with the publicity of me marrying, it’ll increase the interest in our company.” Joong Ki said, his hand inching up Mi Cha’s skirt. She jumped her seat but moved closer to the table to avoid making a scene.

His hand crept closer and the pad of his thumb brushed against her underwear. She threw him a look before returning to her smiling face for their audience. He was doing this on purpose, she knew, because of all the people who had interrupted their alone time in his office.

“That’s good, but won’t that make it pretty obvious that you’re selling the company?” The man countered.

“Only if we give a sales pitch.” Joong Ki answered, smirking. He rubbed his thumb on her and pulled away. 

“That’s true, if we just display the logo and say nothing then we aren’t doing anything about it. Just simply that we are using the product, that is publicity in itself.” Mi Cha added to the conversation. She reached over to Joong Ki’s lap, without even looking at him. She refused to give him a look to avoid making herself obvious.

“That makes sense. You’ll have to just let it happen though, if the logo isn’t facing, then you can’t turn it and make it obvious.” The man told her.

“Yes, I understand.” She said, her hand creeping to Joong Ki’s crotch and massaging, she pulled away before he could stop her.

“Is there any other questions?” His father said, leaving anyone with them to give a final word before they would end the meeting.

“Just one.” A man who had been sitting on the farthest corner of the table piped up.

“What is it?” Joong Ki’s father asked.

“Why would you pick her? And why does it seem like you’re rushing the wedding?” He asked bluntly.

“Well, we have to make sure that they can start taking over the company together, because I will be stepping down soon.” His father answered.

“So that’s why then. You want to make sure your son has a stable environment before he takes on the entire company and the politics and the problems that come with it.” The man said, nodding.

“The job is tough, but it has its rewards, especially when we see the looks of people’s faces, when their lives are made easier because of what we do.” Joong Ki’s father said clearly.

“Yes, I agree. Well that was the only question I had. Congratulations to the new bride and groom.” The man said, standing up and walking out of the room. “I’ll be reachable in my office.” 

“Thank you, Mr. Lee.” Joong Ki’s father said, standing up as he concluded the meeting. The rest of the board members also left the room and his father gave Joong Ki a curt nod before leaving the two lovebirds behind.

“Had fun there sweetie?” Joong Ki asked as he readjusted his pants to hide himself.

“Obviously you did too.” Mi Cha replied, walking towards the door with a smile on her face. Joong Ki grinned, slamming the door shut, causing the windows to tint.

“You know this room was designed like my office too. And no one else is supposed to come here for another two hours.” He told her.

“What are you gonna do about it?” 


Author's Note;;
Another update of "fan service" lol. :o
I'll get to Jaejoong after I do this. :)
because this is for my twinny <3