Chapter 9. Problems

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Heeyoung plopped herself in one of the chairs in front of his desk, "It seems that I have come too late." She said.

"What do you mean by that?" Joong Ki asked her, raising an eyebrow. "Besides, you know I'm busy."

"Gwang Soo called me to come in, he said you were abusing your new secretary and that you were being a child." She answered, crossing her arms over her chest. "You made her quit."

"I didn't think she would quit, I thought she needed the job. Plus she started it." He said, putting the blame on her as he always did.

"Oh yeah, what did she do then? Did she embarrass you in front of your father?" Heeyoung asked him.

"No," Joong Ki said quietly, "She insulted me first." 

"You mean how she doesn't find you attractive?" Joong Ki looked at her wide-eyed, "Yeah, I heard about that. Not everyone is going to find you attractive, Joong Ki." She said.

"But everyone does! I'm the most eligible bachelor in the city, not even Kim's son has as many women as I do!" He insisted.

Heeyoung rolled her eyes at him, "You know Kim doesn't have women, because that one—"

“No swearing.” Joong Ki warned her.

“Fine. That one lady has her name written all over him even though he doesn’t even care about her at all.” Heeyoung said rolling her eyes. “Which is why he is never in the bachelor magazines because according to her he’s not available.”

“Whatever. But still! Mi Cha should think I’m attractive.” He said sternly.

“Why? Because you think she’s attractive?” She challenged him.

Joong Ki’s jaw dropped, “What. I have no idea what you’re talking about.” He said.

“Oh please, I can see it all over your face. You think she’s hot.” Heeyoung said, crossing her arms over her chest proudly. “You’re such a dog, Joong Ki. I can see it on your face already.”

“I am not. I am a gentleman, don’t even try to drop me to that level.” He glared at her.

“Fine, then go and get your great secretary back. I’m sure you need her don’t you?” She asked him.

“I don’t need her. I can do the work myself.” 

“Yeah, right. You have work due tonight right? But you have two meetings today? I saw the planner. So good luck with that.” Heeyoung said standing up. “I should take my leave now. You should really get outta here before you’re late to your meeting.” She walked out the door and left completely.

Joong Ki stood up with a jerk and cursed, she was right he had a meeting to go to. He grabbed his briefcase and headed out towards the floors below. His client must already be waiting for him, he had so much stuff to do now without Mi Cha.

He went from meeting to meeting while trying to file papers in between. He had to comb through each agreement to make sure it was fair to the company before he made a deal with some advertiser or marketer.

He double checked all of the accounts on everyone to make sure no one was embezzling funds or anything, he had to triple check the legal paperwork on the agreement his dad was in the middle of. There was so much more to do because now he had to start booking his own appointments and scheduling them properly. He couldn’t meet the marketers without a product and that meant talking to the project directors first.

He also needed to talk to the factory heads and see how they were doing in making the product. No defects or problems there. He could put it off to Gwang Soo but that would be too rude on his part. It was his fault he was in this mess anyway.

He sat at his desk looking over everything, marking in things that needed to be changed, writing reminders for his appointments in the morning. He didn’t even notice when everyone left and that the sun had gone down. 

He loosened his tie to stop it from choking him when he heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” Joong Ki stood up immediately when the person walked inside.

He looked around to make sure that no one was around his office. He had to make a phone call this time to try and rescue the situation. The time difference was a problem but at least he might be awake.

Gwang Soo picked up the receiver and dialed the number he wanted. It rang twice before someone picked up on the other line.

“Only one person that has this number would call me at a time like this. What is wrong?” The man on the other end asked.

“He did something really stupid. And it has to do with the girl.” Gwang Soo answered.

“He didn’t get physical with her in public did he?” The man asked.

“No, but she is a great secretary, honestly. She put up with him making her do work that wasn’t due for two weeks. She put up with him tricking her to find money for a pay raise for Kim Soohyun that didn’t exist.” Gwang Soo told him.

“But…? I know there’s a problem coming, Gwang Soo.” The man said.

“Well, he doesn’t like her because she doesn’t hit on him.” Gwang Soo said sheepishly over the phone.

The man scoffed and then laughed loudly, it took him a moment to calm down before returning to the conversation properly, “You’re telling me that he is upset with this girl because she doesn’t come onto him? But he hated all the others for doing that very thing.” He commented.

“Yes, I know. That’s why I don’t understand him. However, this really amazing secretary. She just quit a few hours ago because she was getting tired of Joong Ki using her abilities for his own personal amusement. She had to go over work she did because he told her to change the font. Or he had her file things alphabetically and then turned around and made her do it again chronologically. Only to make her redo it back to alphabetical.” Gwang Soo explained.

The man on the other end sighed, “She quit huh? What are we gonna do? There’s no other secretary in the world who isn’t going to hit on him.” He said.

“I know. I don’t know what to do. I told him he had to apologize but he said no.” Gwang Soo replied.

“I’ll come back. Maybe that will show him that he needs a good secretary.” The man said.

“Are you sure? Aren’t you in the middle of a business deal?” Gwang Soo asked.

“It’s nothing that can’t be handled from Seoul. I’ll see you soon.” The man said before hanging up.


Author's Note;;
Sorry it's been a while guys. lol. summer school ended.
And then I was like OMG NO MORE WRITING PLOX. XD
so yeah~ but I'm back I'll try for daily updates to finish this.. soon :o
but anyway enjoy! ^-^