Chapter 2. Rain on the Parade

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Joong Ki paced up and down his private break room, it was given to him for times like these. The moment he got away from Sori and found himself alone in this place, it gave him time to think.

He could finally relax without feeling this dread of her being around. Like she wouldn't be there anymore, Gwang Soo would have listened to him and gotten rid of her.

He sat down in the chair that was in there, he let out a deep breath of relief. Now, he could work in peace. His temper was under control, he wasn't close to a change, Sori was gone.

There was nothing that could stop him, he could prove to his father that he was capable of managing the company while he was away.

He went to the cabinet and opened it, taking out his secret favorite food. Instant Cup ramyun.

He had liked it ever since Heeyoung made him try it when she went shopping and came back too poor to buy anything else. He offered to pay for lunch, but she told him she wanted him to try something different.

Since then, it was his secret, well and Gwang Soo knew too, who else would keep the room stocked for him.

He would never admit to eating this when it came to being in front of other companies, or even in front of his father. This was his secret as a CEO and that is exactly the way he wanted to keep it. He had no problem eating it, he just didn't have a gauge of the reaction he would get if people found out that he did.

Rich people were very uptight, they never liked anyone knowing their most intimate secrets, and they all had appearances to upkeep. There were times where Joong Ki wished he was not a part of this family, where he could be a normal son and just worry about having to get married to the girl he loved. To just have a normal job, not deal with -kissing businessmen, to pretend to be straight on the line to follow in his dad's footsteps.

Sometimes, he just wished he could do the things the average person did. 

But that would never happen, he was the son of the Kiaile Corporation CEO and he had an image to keep. The boiling electric kettle beeped and he poured the hot water into his little cup, moving over to the table to sit, he waited for his food to cook.

He waited the right amount of time and then started to stir his noodles together before eating. He let out a deep sigh of relief when he realized just how much freer he felt without that stupid woman.

He wouldn't have to deal with her ridiculous advances, or her lack of professionalism. 

She wouldn't try to take advantage of him anymore, her ridiculously ugly face wouldn't be in his personal bubble no longer.

He grinned widely at that thought, without that job, Kim Sori had no reason to be around him anymore. He was finally rid of her.

He took in a deep breath, finishing the last of his noodles with a smile. "Ahhh..." He said happily. Indulging in his secret craving had been the right decision. Now, he could relax.

He ate his ramyun slowly, savoring the spicy and sweet flavor against his tongue. He wanted to eat this more often if he could, but he couldn't. He had nothing else but this to comfort him from the woes and troubles of elite life.

He threw his chopsticks at the wall as he realized that Kim Sori was gone. She was gone. Which meant he had no secretary.

His time to relax was officially over.

---

"FINALLLLYYYYY!!!!! SHE'S GONEEEEE!!!" Heeyoung cheered loudly as Gwangsoo brought her a carton of banana milk.

"I know! He finally fired her!" Gwangsoo cheered as well. He had been longing for Joong Ki to fire that woman. She was good at her work but he knew that her advances would be too much to take.

"Now we just need to find someone for him. He needs a woman that can help him avoid others, that would make him only look at her. We need to find his mate like Seonwoong said." Heeyoung told him.

"We do. Since he would never do that work for himself. But at least we know it's not Sori. Because if it was, they would be together already at this point." Gwangsoo cheered once more. 

The both of them really hated that woman for even being able to a part of Joong Ki's life. She had no reason to stay and bug him if he had no interest in her and yet she stayed. But now, thanks to her stupid mouth, she was gone.

"Now what shall we do? Shall we take him out and then sing the night away?" Heeyoung asked Gwangsoo. "Or should we indulge in rich food now that we don't have to see her face anymore."

"Let's ask Joong Ki." Gwangsoo said as he took out his phone, which was vibrating in his hand. He smiled at the caller ID and answered, "Joong Ki! I was just about to call you! Heeyoung wants to know if you want to go to noraebang or do you want to go to the buffet place around the corner?"

"You've been celebrating I see." Joong Ki said back.

"Yes, we have. We know how much she was bothering you and she was a capable secretary that's the only reason why you kept her around." Gwang Soo explained his festivities with Heeyoung.

"Yeah, well I hate to be a bummer but my capable secretary is gone now. I need a one." Joong Ki told him. "And you know what that means."

Gwang Soo's face fell immediately at the mention of it, "Yes, Joong Ki. I shall start interviews tomorrow." He said before hanging up the phone.

"He doesn't want to celebrate with us?" Heeyoung asked with her signature pout on her face. 

Gwang Soo shook his head, "It's not that. He's calling because he fired her." He said, "So that means that now we have to find him a new secretary."

Heeyoung stared at him with her jaw dropped. She swallowed once and then glared at the open air. "Damn it."

---

"This is a perfect opportunity is it not?" Ailee asked Hyori. "We can get the mate hired to the secretary position and that way they will need to see each other all the time."

"You are correct. Now we just need to find her. However, this girl…" Hyori pointed at the screen. "She will come back to us."

"What do you mean? She is someone else's?" Ailee asked her.

Hyori nodded, "I can feel it. She belongs to someone else on the list. But we must concentrate on the Ox first. Whoever this girl belongs to will come later." She explained.

They moved away from that screen and started to hunt for the woman who would match the Ox.


Author's Note;
This took me so long to write.. omg. it was like half finished..
But i never finished the rest of it in one sitting.. >_____>
Sorry:( forgive me. :(
But anyway enjoy! :)