Chapter 20. Truth

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

"What do you mean you're not exactly all human?" Mi Cha asked him, raising her eyebrow suspiciously. "If you're an alien, then we are going to have some serious issues." She warned him.

He laughed loudly, "I'm not an alien. But you've heard the story of the 12 Animals of the Zodiac?" He asked.

"Of course I have. I'm sure everyone has." She answered.

"Well, those 12 animals asked the Jade Emperor to give them human bodies that they could reside in and live on Earth. But the Jade Emperor knew that all of the animals had some shady business up their sleeves, so he gave them bodies. But with an exception, the animals could only change when the human bodies wanted to change into the animals. Their spirits would reside in a human body on Earth. As the years went by, the spirit was dispersed into other humans, but the original descendant would be the leader of the clan." Joong Ki said, looking at her to gauge her reaction.

"So you're the leader of a clan?" She assumed and his jaw dropped.

"Why would you just assume that?" He asked her.

"Because who else is going to be the leader, unless it's your dad, but then he would be the one having this conversation not you." Mi Cha said with a shrug.

Joong Ki frowned before nodding, "You make a good point. Anyway, yeah I'm the leader of the Ox clan. And the spirit animals were getting restless and wanting us to change more often so they could roam Earth. And so I was losing control of it." He explained.

"How can you get it back?" She asked.

"All 12 leaders asked our Jade Emperor the same question. He said we had to find a mate, someone who completed us, who could tolerate us, someone who wouldn't be able to keep away." Joong Ki answered, looking at her, she didn't seem to freak out and he took that as a good sign.

"Ahhh.. So I'm your mate then. I didn't think you believed in soulmates." She told him, laughing.

"You do?" He asked her incredulously, she seemed far too sensible for that.

"Of course I do. I'm a woman. I believe in fairy tales." Mi Cha said proudly.

"Ahh.. Well yeah you're my soulmate." He said.

"Who's in your clan?" She asked him.

"Gwang Soo and my cousin Heeyoung as far as I know, there aren't too many of us, and only Gwang Soo and I turn into baby cows, girls don't get the gene." He told her.

“Sori isn’t a part of your clan?” Mi Cha asked him.

“No, she isn’t. She is just someone else trying to get with me. She is born in my year though.” Joong Ki answered.

Mi Cha pursed her lips together and nodded. It gave her a bit of relief that Sori didn’t know the cow thing about him like she did. It made her feel special after all the girls who had been going after Joong Ki for so long.

“Ahh, your friend is in one too, you know.” Joong Ki told her.

“Hwayoung?” Mi Cha asked him, she frowned slightly. “She’s born in the same year as me, she’s a Rooster?” 

“Yes, she is in their clan. She might need your help later on too. Their leader will need to find a mate.” Joong Ki said.

“Who’s their leader?” Mi Cha asked.

Joong Ki brought a finger to his lips, “You can’t tell anyone okay?” He said.

“I won’t.” She promised, holding her pinky up. 

He intertwined their pinky fingers together and then whispered his name into her ear.

“Really?!” She exclaimed.

“Shh!” He reminded her. “Don’t say anything, I have an idea what’s going to happen. But you can’t play matchmaker.” 

“Okay. I won’t say anything.” She zipped her lips up dramatically.

“Oh, by the way, now that you know everything. What will you do?” He asked her. “You’re free to leave, if you want to go.”

Mi Cha closed her eyes, turning to look at him with a smile on her face, "I'm not leaving." She told him. "You're all here and that's good enough for me."

Joong Ki let out a sigh of relief, "That means you're my mate forever now. Forever." He warned her.

She laughed, "Are you saying I won't be able to handle you for that long?" She asked him.

"No, I'm just making sure you know what you're getting yourself into." He said, "Now, we can get back to work again." 

She smiled, "What are you going to do about that by the way? Aren't there company rules?" She asked him.

"My father will probably have something to say but I will wait until that happens." Joong Ki said, "Oh, also, you still never answered my question." He smirked.

"What question?" She asked him.

“Does that mean you find me attractive?” He asked her.

“I always found you attractive, I was just smart enough not to say it.” Mi Cha answered, with a laugh. 


Author's Note;;
another update sorry for the wait guys :o
I applied for a new job and I started this morning. :o
I've been trying to sleep early so I can wake up in time.. :o 
But enjoy! Not that much left~