Chapter 11. Arguments

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

He woke up the next morning and found that he had overslept a bit, 8:30AM, that meant he only had 30 minutes to shower, get his suit on and find coffee. He regretted letting Mi Cha now that he had overslept, he wouldn’t have needed to worry about his coffee if she were still around. 

He sighed to himself as he got up and started to get ready, he could still feel the sleep in his eyes after he took a hot shower, turning the water cold at the last moment in an effort to wake himself up further. He finished just in time to meet his father in the elevator as they walked downstairs to see their driver already waiting for them.

“Sleep well?” His father asked him. 

“Decently.” Joong Ki said, lying through his teeth. He didn’t want to tell his father still about the secretary he had fired and now had all the work to do on his own.

“Good. We have some meetings to attend today, the board members, shareholders, etc. We need to let them know before we announce anything to the press.” His father told him.

“Okay.” Joong agreed, but he groaned inwardly. Meetings meant it would take some of his time to do the work he had to get done. He needed more hours in the day or something, or he needed Mi Cha back. But he would never admit that, she dismissed him so casually, he couldn’t care about her. He hated that she was so arrogant in thinking he was nothing. He had a reputation to uphold.

They climbed into the car and the ride to work was another silent one. Joong Ki wondered how he even bothered with his father at this point. His father never seemed to care about anything but the company. He never inquired about Joong Ki’s personal life and he didn’t make small talk with him. He was a part of of the company that was it. He sighed as they made their way up the building and he found Gwang Soo already working and Heeyoung meandering about. 

“Good morning, sir.” Gwang Soo greeted his father with a bow and waited.

“Good morning, Gwang Soo. How is everything looking?” His father asked.

“Good. You, of course, have your meetings that you sent up but after that, Joong Ki has some work to get done and I have some business to take care of as well.” Gwang Soo answered, not revealing that the secretary was missing.

“Very well. I will try to make sure we don’t take long in our meetings.” His father said. “Joong Ki, please meet on the 10th floor in about 30 minutes.” His father walked away towards his own personal office which was in the floor above his.

“Yes, Father.” Joong Ki said with a small bow and he turned to Gwang Soo when his father disappeared.

“You haven’t told him yet?!” Gwang Soo hissed at him angrily.

“I can’t. He is promoting me and plus I’m too embarrassed to tell him that she quit.” Joong Ki admitted sadly.

“You’re an idiot, I swear.” Gwang Soo said, shaking his head and walking away.

“She was the one who quit.” Joong Ki countered before walking into his office. He found a coffee cup inside, taking a sip he realized it was how he liked it. Heeyoung probably bought it for him this morning. He pressed his fingers to his temples as he felt slight pain behind his eyes. He needed to settle this commercial agreement or else this would lead to problems later. He started working on it when Gwang So fetched him for the meetings. 

The minutes passed by slowly as his father droned on about all the reasons why Joong Ki was ready for the promotion. The board members and shareholders took a long time to settle the arrangement and he found himself falling asleep towards the end of both meetings. His father nudged him slightly when they were over and he made his way to his office like a zombie.

Collapsing into his chair, he took another stab at the Daehyun documents. He had to make sure the budget was right and that Daehyun was being compensated enough. He was new but he was making a name for himself in the world. And he appealed to the younger generation, that’s why Kiaile needed him.

Joong Ki pored over the documents, missing his lunch as well as his 5 o’clock appointment with his father. He came looking for him in his office, “You’re still on the same set of documents? Don’t you have someone to do that work for you, Joong Ki?” His father bellowed, causing Joong Ki to jolt in surprise.

“I just need to make sure they are correct, Father.” Joong Ki argued.

“And that’s what secretaries are for. So do other things.” His father told him, taking the documents away and he glared at his son. “Where is your secretary by the way? Why isn’t she sitting at her desk?”

Joong Ki froze, his insides shattering, his father knew. He could tell, his father knew that his secretary didn’t exist. He had no way out now, they both knew he needed a secretary to do the work he couldn’t.

“Uncle!” Heeyoung said, shouting from the doorway.

Joong Ki let out a sigh of relief when his father turned around to look at Heeyoung. “What is it, angel?” He asked her.

“Could you help give me some advice about something?” She asked him. 

“What is it?” Joong Ki’s father asked.

“Small problems with the job you gave me.” Heeyoung admitted shamefully. 

His father sighed, “Okay. Let’s talk in my office then.” He said, walking towards the door but not leaving without giving Joong Ki a stern look. 

Heeyoung smiled at Joong Ki and mouthed ‘thank you’ to her before she disappeared. His hands clutched his hair as he got up from his chair. His father knew about the situation and yet he was pretending not to.

He didn’t understand why his father would do that. To taunt him? To make fun of him? It didn’t make sense. Unless his father knew something that he didn’t. But that wasn’t possible either, his father didn’t understand his mind either. 

His feet moved on their own as he paced up and down his room in frustration. He needed to figure out a way to resolve this without getting further into trouble. He grunted and growled noisily as his frustration grew. There was no remedy other than getting Mi Cha back, but he had no idea where to start going about that. He stomped his feet in a tantrum, before he felt his body warm up. All the stress made him stop paying attention. He had forgotten how to control his emotions and got himself worked up for the first time in a long time. 

He felt his body lean on all four limbs before he started to shrink. The world looked giant as he was made aware of his physical form. He sighed inwardly when he saw that he had brown hooves. If his father found him like this, he would never hear the end of it.

The doorknob to his office turned and Joong Ki felt his heart race.

— 

“You quit?! WHY?! It’s Song Joong Ki!” Hwayoung yelled at her when she got home.

“He was being stupid. He didn’t put me to work like he said. He made me run stupid errands and other things. He didn’t even want me to do proper work he just made me do things and then redo them, just because of font size.” Mi Cha complained to Hwayoung.

Hwayoung threw Mi Cha a look, “Song Joong Ki isn’t stupid, you must have done something to him. What did you say or do?” She demanded.

“What do you mean? He just made fun of me, and you think I started it?!” Mi Cha cried out in shock.

“You’re not exactly known for your tact, sweetie. You must have done something to piss him off. He wouldn’t waste time punishing you otherwise.” Hwayoung reasoned.

Mi Cha sighed, “Okay, fine. Let’s see on the first day I bought him coffee, brought it to him, he gave me some work to do. I took it and left, he came out to talk to me because he was surprised I didn’t hit on him. I told him he wasn’t attractive, why would I hit on him? He left, he came back with more work, he started coming on to me, I told him he was repulsive, he left—“

“Wait, wait, wait. You called him unattractive and repulsive?” Hwayoung questioned her.

Mi Cha reddened a little, “Well, yeah. He’s my boss, what was I supposed to say? Tell him he’s beautiful and then let him fire me for being no better than all those girls who wanted to jump him?” Mi Cha argued. 

Hwayoung shook her head, “Seriously, Mi Cha. You hurt his feelings. Song Joong Ki is like the most eligible bachelor out there and you basically told him that he was worthless.” She said.

Mi Cha rolled her eyes, “Oh, come on. He can’t expect every woman to hit on him, can he? He’s not that attractive.”

Hwayoung raised an eyebrow at her, “Really?”

“Okay, okay. Maybe a little.” Mi Cha admitted. Hwayoung continued staring at her, not saying a word. “Okay, maybe a lot! But still, he’s ranked above me, I was his secretary and we had to have a professional relationship.” Mi Cha told her.

“Whatever, girl. You hurt his feelings, so now you’re out of a job for Jeju.” Hwayoung said, “We can just go next year.”

Mi Cha pouted, “I’m sorry.” She said.

“It’s fine. I’m sure we can get the money some other way.” Hwayoung said.

Mi Cha nodded silently and the heavy silence lingered between them.

“WAIT— You said he came on to you?!" 


Author's Note;;
here is another update guys. :o
i feel like my writing is getting crappy though :( meh... ><;;
idk im trying but then idk now. ><