Chapter 13. Tables Have Turned

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha woke up in a daze when she heard some loud knocking at her door, she muttered a soft curse when she realized she had ended up on her couch again. Partying with Hwayoung had its downsides, she had no idea how she got up and on top of that, whose shirt was she wearing? 

It covered her barely, but at least she had on a bra. Hopefully her makeup wasn’t too smudged either, and her hair was probably a mess. But more than likely, Hwayoung was at her door wanting to party some more. Though it was more like Hwayoung drank and drank while keeping Mi Cha awake until the wee hours of the morning.

“Who is it?” Mi Cha called out groggily, reaching the door. She looked in the little hole and saw a person on the other side, it was too blurry for her to tell who it was.

She opened the door to find her old boss standing there. “Song Joong Ki?” She asked, clearing her eyes a little.

Joong Ki stopped his jaw from dropping when he saw Mi Cha at the door. She was not like her usual self, all prim and proper. He saw all of her milky thighs and the hem of the shirt just barely covering there. He looked at her and how her smudged eyeliner made her eyes look more defined, the brown color highlighting the lighter flecks in her eyes.

He cleared his throat, “What have you been doing?” He asked her sternly. She reached up to her hair unconsciously and he noticed she was trying to fix it, but it also lifted the shirt until it almost revealed herself.

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” Mi Cha replied back to him haughtily. “What are you doing here anyway? And how did you get my address?”

“Gwang Soo gave it to me. And I’m here because..” Joong Ki paused. “I’m sorry for taking advantage of you when you were working for me. I know it’s because I was stupid but at least forgive me and come back?” He asked her.

“Go back to work for you?” She glared at him, he gulped as he wasn’t prepared for this. Nor was he prepared for her look when she opened the door. He could already feel himself wanting to mess up her hair even more. 

It was all Gwang Soo’s fault, making him think about the soulmate thing and what Seonwoong hyung said. When they met their soulmates, they would only be able to think about taking them. It would be the one thing on their mind, wanting them physically. Like the animals they were.

“How could you even ask that? You wasted my time.” Mi Cha scolded him. “You have no right to just come here and ask me to work for you again.” She said.

“Look, okay, my father came back and he promoted me to Vice President while he still holds the CEO position, but he promoted me based on the progress of work I made while you were around. You helped me get more work done in a week than Sori did in her full year of employment.” Joong Ki admitted, what was he getting himself into. He needed her to come into work again, maybe with smudged makeup as well. But either way, he needed a secretary and he would pick Mi Cha over Sori any day, if given the option.

“Your father is back?” Mi Cha asked him. “Since when?” 

“I’m pretty sure Gwang Soo told him about you quitting and my father came back just to put pressure on me about it.” Joong Ki said rolling his eyes. His best friend was loyal to him but he needed the paycheck as well.

“I thought you and Gwang Soo were friends.” She said, raising her voice at the end, making it sound like a question.

“We are but Gwang Soo is also paid to keep an eye on me. He filters the information my father gets but he's still paying his dues.” Joong Ki answered. He stared down at her milky white legs again, she really must not have worn shorts in her life or something. He could imagine those legs wrapped around his waist, in his office. He shook his head quickly, this was a mistake.

“So you need me to work for you again because I actually got work done while you were playing jokes on me?” She said, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Yes. You are the best secretary I’ve ever had and you work hard, and everything. So will you please come back to work for me?” Joong Ki begged. He had no idea where this was coming from. He just felt like he needed to apologize for his actions.

“I know I am.” Mi Cha said proudly. “But also, I’m sorry for being mean to you when we first met. I firmly believe in the idea of a professional relationship because I was your employee and you were my boss.” She explained.

“I can understand that.” Joong Ki replied, “I won’t take advantage of your skills and make you do useless work again.” He said.

“Fine. I need the job anyway. Hwayoung wants to go to Jeju and I need money.” Mi Cha said. “9AM with your coffee tomorrow?” She asked him.

He gave her a smile, “Thank you.” He replied.

“You’re welcome. Now you should get back to work and avoid being seen please. I’ll never live it down if my neighbors find out Song Joong Ki was at my door.” Mi Cha said, waving goodbye and closing the door. He grinned and left quietly as well

The two women watched as their screens as the Ox interacted with his mate, their smiles gracing their lips. The Ox finally did something good and repented.  His hard head was getting to be troublesome for them.

Ailee looked at Hyori as she sighed in relief, it had taken her a lot of work to get that scene to transpire, the Ox was one hard-headed guy.

“Good job, sweetie.” Hyori praised her. “You did well, especially on the part with the shirt.” She said.

“I wasn’t sure how that was going to work out but it seemed to have been enjoyed by the Ox.” Ailee told her.

“He did enjoy it, huh?” Hyori said with a grin. “At least you got them together again.”

“And the wheels are spinning once more.” Ailee said proudly. 

“Now, we just need to figure out how to get them even closer to each other.” Hyori stated.

“I have a plan for that.”


Author's Note;;
another update :) lol. 
So I established that route. :o after Joong Ki realized that he was letting that comment get to him way too much.
now just for the more couple-y interaction :) <3 hehe :3