Chapter 15. Sparks

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Ox

Mi Cha stepped out from underneath his arm and walked away to her desk. It was still untouched after her departure and she put some things away and double checked that her folders were still in order. Joong Ki simply watched as she pulled away from him.

He had no idea what had overcome him, but he did know that he liked holding her like that. He shook his head and glared at Gwang Soo. He strode into his office and Gwang Soo followed.

“You got her back!” He said excitedly.

Joong Ki rubbed his temples, “Yeah, I had to beg but I did.” He said. “Now, please stop trying to trick me into things. It’s your fault I keep thinking about her inappropriately.” 

“My fault? How is it my fault? You’re the one who keeps denying this soulmate thing, I’m just presenting it as a possibility.” Gwang Soo said simply.

"The possibility is the problem." Joong Ki muttered to himself. "Did you know she parties?"

"Mi Cha? Not likely her choice, but I would assume her friends would take her." Gwang Soo answered.

"She answered the door yesterday in a big shirt, smudged makeup and messy hair." Joong Ki told him.

"Are you jealous? You think she had a guy in her bed?" Gwang Soo asked him.

Joong Ki's jaw dropped in disbelief, "You're joking right? That girl?" He pointed at Mi Cha sitting at her desk.

Gwang Soo glared at him, "We both know you prefer simpler women and besides you are bothered with her." He crossed his arms over his chest. "Anyway you should get back to work, give her the Jung Daehyun work, you have to start thinking about the new products." He said, leaving the room.

Joong Ki turned to watch Gwang Soo go, but his eyes stopped on Mi Cha. She was kicking her feet up and down as she waited for an assignment. At least she knew better than to disturb his meeting with Gwang Soo.

Her lips formed a small 'o' as she swung her chair from side to side. He found himself smiling at this action, what a way to entertain herself. She was pretty simply compared to other girls he had seen before.

Her lips looked really soft, she didn't wear lipstick but he was sure they were soft. He thought about her messy appearance the day before and he glared at her.

She turned suddenly to his windows and he turned away quickly. His forehead crashed into his desk when he realized his windows were tinted, there was no way she could have seen him.

He shook it off and grabbed the Daehyun commercial folder and walked to her desk.

"Ahh, sir." She greeted him with a little bow.

"I have some work for you to do. You need to go through the Jung Daehyun commercial again. This time to make sure there aren't any discrepancies because I don't want to lose any money." Joong Ki informed her.

"Understood, I'll give you this in a bit. May I ask how far behind you are?" She asked him.

"I am behind on this and the new products." Joong Ki answered simply.

Mi Cha nodded, "Very well, we shall try to catch up today then." She said, ignoring him to pore over the document.

Joong Ki grinned and walked back into his office. He grabbed the next folder on his desk and started to look it over as well. Mi Cha would help him get caught up, she could do it. 

He watched her work, her face scrunched up in concentration. She looked like she was in deep thought the whole time. 

Mi Cha looked over the documents and she was happy to be doing something she enjoyed again. People might have thought she was weird for being organized and wanting to work alone but that was how she was.

The commercial looked good and the documents were very thorough. All the legal paperwork was in order and she noticed that they raised Daehyun's compensation slightly. They had lengthened the commercial time so he had to get paid a bit more.

She decided to entertain his old whim and redo the documents so that it was standardized and all in the same font. She finished it quickly and printed them out in the room and brought it back to her desk.

She shredded the old documents that she replaced and packed the folder together before knocking on the door to his office.

"Come in." He answered.

She opened the door slowly and presented the folder to him, "I've looked it over and everything seems to be in order. Is there anything else you would like me to do?" She asked him.

He looked at his desk and grabbed the next folder in his pile. "This is the outline for the next possible product, let me know what you think. It's not absolute so if there's any changes that you think should be made, please let me know." He told her calmly, holding out the folder to her.

"Yes." She answered, taking the folder from his hands. Her fingers brushed against his slightly and she jumped at the spark between them.

"I'm sorry." She said, apologizing with a bow. "I'll take my leave." She her heel and beelined out of the office.

She sat at her desk, keeping her head down and avoiding any eye contact with anyone.

Joong Ki watched as she worked nervously. He hadn't missed the shock from their hands touching. But he did find out one thing, her skin was soft. He stared at her and a small smile graced his lips.

She wasn't too skinny, compared to the other girls who tried to flirt with him. She had a healthy figure, but he could tell she worked out for it. Her tummy must have been a little soft, something he appreciated.

No one would be able to see him if he invited her back to his office right now. His windows were tinted, he could lock the door.

"Aiiiiishhh.." Joong Ki muttered out loud, shaking his head. What on earth was he thinking? He had work to do and there were rules to be followed.

Besides, she had already made the point that she didn't find him attractive, didn't she?


Author's Note;;
I'm kinda writing this faster than I'm posting. :o
Sorry guys. lol. but I will update you guys ;) 
eventually. <3 hehe :3 And I hope this is flowing somewhat? 
It's mostly on Joong Ki's side. and I'm kinda using Heartstrings to try and develop their relationship?
Like how Lee Shin and Lee Gyu Won first started out kind of thing? maybe.. ><;;
Siiigh.. anyway. yeah enjoy~