Unexpected Meeting

Fight, START!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'UNNIE!!! I can't find my favourite pink headband!'

 

'Have you checked the 2nd drawer down on your desk!!?'

 

'Ah!~ Found it!'

 

'Hurry Cho-Young-ah! Or you'll be late for school!'

Ji-Yeong called out to her younger sister from the bottom of the stairs. It was 7:30 am and Ji-Yeong was at her parent's house to collect her 6 year old sister Park Cho-Young and take her to school. Well, they less than half an hour to get there now due to Cho-Young's slow start to the morning.

          Ji-Yeong fidgeted anxiously at the bottom of the stairs. She didn't have a very good relationship with her parents and wanted to spend as little time as possible in that house. Loud, clumsy footsteps thumping down the stairs caused Ji-Yeong to turn around and smile. There Cho-Young was, in her school uniform with a headband in one hand and a brush in the other.

'Unnie, can you brush my hair for me?' she asked cutely.

'Of Course, but we have to be quick!' Ji-Yeong grinned helplessly as she gently raked the brush through Cho-Yeong's long silky brown hair, tying it into a ponytail and adding the headband. 'There,' She patted her sibling's head then pinched her cheeks, 'Aiiggooo, how can you be so cute! I bet all the boys will be chasing after you!'

Cho-Young scrunched up her nose 'NO WAY! Boys are smelly!' She poked out her tongue.

Ji-Yeong laughed 'hahaha arraso. Come on then princess, get your shoes on so we can go.'

They were soon out of the door and rushing off to the bus stop before Ji-Yeong's mother or father could confront her; She hated talking to them. In fact the only reason she had the slightest contact with them was because she looked after Cho-Young most of the time.

          The bus finally arrived and Ji-Yeong hastily ushered Cho-Young on to it. But what she didn't notice was a couple of tall men dressed all in black lingering in the shadows of their house, watching them with vengeful eyes.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jin-ui passed through her school gates, uniform in pristine condition, spectacles high up on her nose and a giant pile of books enveloped in her arms in addition to those in her heavy messenger bag. Outside of school she may have been a cutesy little fighter but when it came down to it, she was an intense study-bug; top of her class for 3 years running in tests.

             How smart a person was determined what class they would be in for the year and the results would be posted on the student billboard outside the school building on the first day. Jin-ui joined the mass of students at the billboard, all eager to find out what class they would be placed in. She managed to shuffle her way to the front of the crowd just as a group of kids gasped 'Hey look! For once Jin-ui hasn't placed first!' At this comment her ears pricked and like a hawk her eyes were upon the billboard, scanning the 2nd year classes for her name.

She found it:

 

1.  Han SangHyuk      Class: 2-1

2.  Dong Jin-ui       Class: 2-1

 

 

Dong Jin-ui...

second place...

SECOND?! Nonono that can't be right, she ALWAYS placed first! She rubbed her eyes and checked again, the result unchanging to her distaste. She looked at the name above hers, who was it that was smarter than HER? Han SangHyuk? who was that? The name seemed unfamiliar but at the same time she felt as though she knew them... somewhere in the back of her mind...

                       She retracted out of the crowd and headed towards her new classroom. Greeted by her friends she smiled sweetly as she walked to the front row desk, next to the window, and set her belongings down. This was her favourite spot in the entire classroom, where she could clearly see the notes and the teacher whilst keeping an eye on the life on the other side of the window pane.  Everybody else hated sitting at the front and tried to get the spots at the back, including all of Jin-ui's girl friends, who she only really spoke to at break times.

                       Once everyone was settled into their new class the teacher came in followed by a transfer student. However Jin-ui was not paying attention, eyes solely fixed on her English textbook.

'Class we have a new transfer student, he was top of his class at his last school and showed us his skills on our latest exam. Please make him feel welcome.' The teacher turned to him, 'Please introduce youself.'

The boy's lips stretched into a friendly grin as he bowed politely to his classmates 'Ne, anyeonghaseo, my name is Han SangHyuk, I recently moved to this area, please treat me kindly.' some of the girls squealed at his cuteness as he blushed and nodded towards them, making them squeal even more...

wait wait WAIT! HAN SANGHYUK?!

Jin-ui's scanning eyes suddenly froze on the word she was reading. Her ears pricked at the name and she looked up to see the newbie's face.

'MWOH!? YOU?!' There was a loud clatter, startling everyone in the class, as she shot out of her seat and pointed towards the boy at the front. Every single face in the room had a shocked expression, including Hyuk, until he recognised who it was and pointed back.

'Ah! BlackRabbit maknae! Fancy running into you here, it was pretty fun last ti-' He stopped his words just in time and wiped the grin off his face because Jin-ui sent him daggers piercing right into his own eyes.

The teacher recovered from her shock and spoke 'Oh, so you two know each other already? Well that's good then! SangHyuk, you can sit next to Jin-ui-'

'SHIRO!!!!' Jin-ui exploded as she slammed her fists down on her desk. The teacher looked absolutely taken aback. 'Jin-ui! what's gotten into you? this is totally out of character for you!'

*dammit... this guy is ruining my good academic reputation all in just 5 minutes!* Jin-ui thought whilst inhaling a deep breath. She closed her eyes, recollecting her composure, then slowly opened them and smiled sweetly at the teacher.

'No, sorry Seonsaeng-nim, I was just a little surprised is all... of course HE can sit next to ME' She gritted her teeth as she said it. The teacher nodded and motioned for Hyuk to take the desk next to Jin-ui. He hid a smirk as he set his stuff down and watched Jin-ui slowly sink into her seat. Jin-ui kept her eyes trained on the blackboard as the teacher started her lesson but leaned slightly to the right so that Hyuk was within earshot, 'What's VIXX scum like you doing at this school?' She whispered, venom poisoning each word.

Hyuk smiled and leaned over whilst keeping an eye on the teacher, 'Like I said, We just moved into the area... all 6 members of VIXX... so is there a reason why I CAN'T come to this school?'

'This is BlackRabbit territory, you won't get let off easily if Ji-Yeong Unnie finds out.' Jin-ui retorted as she continued to write down her notes.

'Well until then, please treat me kindly Jin-ui-shii.' He ducked his head slightly and turned to face the front, trying to mask his cheeky grin. Jin-ui glanced to her right and her face twisted into a grimace.

             She would have to sit next to this annoying guy for 6 months... *I mean, look at that smug face, what a tool*  not only that, but he was a member of VIXX! AND they had moved into their town. Anxiety grew in the pit of her stomach... She made a mental note that she had to notify Ji-Yeong later that night.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

After dropping off Cho-Young at her school, Ji-Yeong headed off to her job at the cafe. She was in the cloakroom putting on her apron and work hat when her manager walked in. She bowed politely to her 'Good morning.'

'Ohhh Ji-Yeong-ah! Good morning! Just to let you know Taeyeon can't make it today so you might have to work extra hard! Don't worry though Chris will be here to help you out.' the manager explained.

Ji-Yeong rolled up her sleeves and flexed her muscles 'Leave it to me boss! I'll work double hard today!' Her manager laughed and patted her on the shoulder

'of course, of course!'

The Cafe was abnormally busy today, keeping Ji-Yeong and her colleagues on their feet. Ji-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter