Next Time...

Fight, START!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'COPS! THE COPS ARE COMING! RUN FOR THE HILLS PEOPLE!' A runner came into the ring right at that moment, causing Ravi's smile to vanish as he looked up.

                                   'huh?'

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ravi stopped abruptly, the pole hovering just 1 centimetre over Ji-Yeong's head, brushing a few strands of her messy brown hair. 'What the hell is this?!' Ravi yelled as he threw the pole to the ground in anger. Ji-Yeong's eyes that were tightly shut opened slowly one at a time. The crowd were yelling and scurrying around like mice, looking for a place to hide or just plain getting the hell out of there. The host cursed under his breath as he rushed to pack up the booths with his gang members, yelling over his shoulder at the rest 'OKAY SHOW'S OVER! MAKE LIKE AN EGG AND SCRAMBLE!'.

The Sirens in the distance were becoming increasingly louder as they rounded the corner of the block and sped down the street to the abandoned scrap yard. Hyuk grabbed Ravi's forearm hastily 'Hyung! let's get out of here before we get caught!' he tried to drag him away but Ravi retracted his arm.

'ANI! SHIRO! Lemme finish this fight!' He turned back to the BlackRabbit leader at his feet only to find that she was nowhere to be seen. His eyes darted franticly around the yard, eventually finding her limping away, clutching her side with one hand and helping Heugsim support an unconscious Joon-ho with the other. 'YAH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING, COWARDS?! COME BACK HERE AND FINISH THIS HUH?!' he yelled after them but BlackRabbit just ignored him and walked away from the scene as quickly as they could with their injuries. Ravi was fuming. He began to chase after them when N placed a hand firmly on his shoulder and dragged him in the opposite direction.

'Ravi-ah leave it! we can always fight them another time but right now we need to get away from the coppers okay?' he explained as fast as he could. Ravi tutted but didn't resist this time. As he walked quickly away with his gang his eyes never once left the back of Park Ji-Yeong's head. He kept his glare fixed on the messy brown locks, as if he could burn a hole in the back of her skull while she limped away with her gang. 'Next time Park Ji-Yeong... Next time I'll beat you for sure...' he muttered under his breath.

By the time the police had arrived, the yard was once again derelict, all the bonfires extinguished and traces of any human activity erased cleanly by the gangs before they escaped. Puzzled, the 4 policemen walked around and searched the area for a sign of life but saw nothing, not even blood on the ground which had been covered up by a thick layer of dirt.  Not finding any evidence of the reported crime they decided to get back in their cars and drive away, still confused.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Ji-Yeong kicked open the door to her apartment, still clutching Joon-ho's limp body with Heugsim, and made it to the sofa to lay the body down before collapsing onto the floor. Hwajae and Jin-ui followed through the door soon after, slamming it shut and running to the kitchen to get the first aid kit. Heugsim exhaled loudly, slumping down on the floor next to Ji-Yeong and resting his head on the sofa.

        When all of the gang gathered in the living room to tend to their wounds Ji-Yeong spoke up 'Guys, Mianhae,' she panted heavily from exhaustion, 'I really thought we could beat them! I didn't know they'd have that much strength, I should have listened to you guys, I'm so sorry, I didn't want you guys to get hurt like this!' Her heavy breathes became ragged sobs as she looked at each one of her injured members -Her injured family- and felt a wave of guilt run through her. She fumbled around the first aid box for plasters and disinfectant and began to treat Jin-ui's injuries clumsily.

           'Unnie, gwenchana, it's not your fault. Really we wanted to fight them too because you wanted to. We will always stand by you, no matter how tough the road ahead is!' Jin-ui's worried eyes turned into crescents as she plastered a reassuring smile on her face, gently brushing Ji-Yeong's hand away. 'But unnie... shouldn't you go to the hospital to get your ribs checked out? You took some pretty bad hits back there...' her worried expression returned.

 Ji-Yeong smiled with teary eyes. Oh, how blessed she was to have a gang that loved her in the same way she loved them. In the absence of a loving caring family these were the only people she trusted with her life, and also the only people she would die for (except for her beloved little sister who lived with her parents).

          She shook her head and smiled, resuming her actions of treating Jin-ui's and Hwajae's wounds 'No, it's ok,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter