epilogue

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year later, March, Seoul National University

 

Soah stepped out of the lecture hall, her brain filled with so many new stuff and information that she was slightly overstrained, but what was she expecting? It was her first day in college after all, but despite these things, she was thoroughly happy to finally be there where she always wished she wanted to be.

The past year didn’t begin very easily for Soah. New school, new people, new teachers, new circumstances. She would have lied if she’d tell anyone that she didn’t fear that day when she returned to a school considering that she hadn’t been in one for half a year and the fact that she got tortured by her former teacher didn’t make the situation any better.

However, as days passed by, she could bring herself in the class, find new friends and life became easier for Soah – a life without Luhan permanently by her side. The weekdays were filled with lessons in school and private studies, sometimes going out with her new girl friends to have a little fun in between their daily lives which only consisted of learning. Of course there were moments where she wished to be in her old school with her old friends, doing the old things together with them, but time wasn’t that easy to be controlled – it couldn’t be turned back, so she lived her life as before as good as she could – mainly without them.

Her classmates were nice, the teachers were competent and Soah’s grades got better up to that point where she had a slight chance that she could actually make it to the upper places in the school rankings. She was content with her new life, although there were so many things she missed. Yet, she never regretted her decision for a second.

Sometimes, when she was very melancholic in class, she looked out of the window like she always used to, drifting off with her thoughts about her friends, asking herself what they were doing right now, whether they had fun and what plans for the day they had – their lives may be separated, but their hearts were still connected.

“Soah!” Two girls walked towards her as she stopped. She knew them. Those two were the ones she was sitting beside during the whole morning and looking back, they had a really good chat for the first encounter. Soah was positive that they could be friends since they were in the same year. She got more open to other people, knowing that she couldn’t only depend on the same ones, because when they were gone, she would be alone. Everyone needed friends to not feel that way, to have company.

“Where are you going?”

“We wanted to go out for lunch and thought that maybe you’d come with us?”

Both girls gave her a warm smile and Soah knew that they meant it, that she was welcome. Yes, there was a big chance that they could be friends later on. But for now, she had to reject their request.

“I’m sorry, I can’t,” she said apologetic, “But next time, tomorrow, I will definitely join you! Save me a seat then, okay?”

She grinned and turned around before heading a few steps forward, ready to increase her speed.

“Okay, that’s no problem. But where are you going now?”

She spun around while walking with a bright smile on her face. “I’m going to meet my boyfriend.”

And then she ran to her happiness.

Distance had never been an easy task to cope with for Soah and Luhan. Beginning with the separation while he was in Beijing for five weeks up to the winter, then when Luhan was busy with his exams, then to her own graduation. During the past year, their relationship was based on everyday text messages and phone calls in the evenings if they could manage to get home early. The Saturdays were, like always, reserv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter