chapter twenty nine

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter twenty nine;

 

At the end of the summer when Soah was 18, she returned back to school with her heart filled with love and happiness, so intoxicating that she couldn’t even put it into words. The second term of her last high school year was about to start and although it began in the worst way ever with the shock that her past lover was going to be her homeroom teacher, she found something that she had never bargained for: Love.

Love so true and real like it was described in books, like little girls dreamt of and old romance movies showed it. She’d never thought that something so blissful and beautiful could’ve happen to her, but didn’t love come always when someone  least expected it? Guinevere had Lancelot, Elizabeth had Mr. Darcy, Juliet had Romeo and Soah.. Soah had Luhan.

“Soah!”

When she turned around, Jinhie and Yohee ran in her direction, grabbed her arm on either side and dragged her far away from the other students who stood in front of the building, talking to each other. It was the first day after summer vacation and everyone was excited to see their friends again, sharing their memories and experiences which was the reason why so many people were earlier in school than usual.

Soah was dragged to a bench and sat down; with Jinhie on the left and Yohee on the right side, both grinning at her from one ear to another and she knew exactly what they wanted.

“How was it?” Jinhie blurted out, out of nowhere.

Soah lowered her head and blushed. “Do we really have to talk about this?”

“Well, not every detail,” Yohee said and laid a hand on hers, “we just want to make sure that you’re alright. Are you alright? Did everything go well?”

“It was fine," she responded, “it was good. Very good. Ah..” Soah shook her head in embarrassment and covered her face with her hands.

“How many times?” Jinhie chuckled and she knew she couldn’t avoid this question.

“Twice.”

“In one night?”

“No, the next morning again..”

Jinhie just patted her shoulder and snuggled up to her friend while Yohee did the same.

“We’re glad,” Yohee said, “it was so hard for you, but now you really did it. Looking back on that stupid boy who broke your heart, you can just laugh at him now, because he thought he was doing the right thing at the right time. Turns out he wasn't, because he lost something amazing. And you can thank him now; thank him for making you stronger, and to say: 'To hell with him, I'm great!' But most importantly, you'll appreciate what he did, because without him leaving, you wouldn't have found the amazing boy you're with now.”

Soah smiled sadly, but none of them noticed it. None of them knew or could ever imagine that the ‘boy’ she was with this spring was nearer than they ever thought. He even had more control of her life than she wished him to have and thinking about that, she was brought back to reality within a second.

Summer vacation was over; she needed to get out of her little bubble which was protecting her from everything bad, to face the things she needed to fix and to fight. There was no way to go back to the time where everything was alright. Going back to school meant meeting Taehyun who was still torturing her, who tried to ruin her in every way possible, but summer vacation changed a lot of things for Soah. There was no way that she would give in so easily anymore just because he was her teacher. There were many more things she cared about, that she loved more than anything else. And there was no chance that those things would get ruined just because of him.

“Thank you,” she finally responded.

“I think there is someone searching for you.” Jinhie nodded in the direction of the school’s entrance.

When Soah looked up, she found Luhan walking into the schoolyard, his eyes scanning the people until their eyes finally meet. He stopped walking, lifted his hand and waved. She stood up and walked towards him until she finally reached him, being pulled into a warm embrace, his lips pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter