chapter twenty six

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter twenty six;

 

In the morning, Soah woke up very early after only 4 hours of sleep. Luhan had called her at 3pm and they were talking for a short time until he sang something for her through the phone. She had thought it would help to fall asleep, but she ended up staring at the ceiling for another hour after they had hung up. Although those phone calls were always the highlights of her days, she felt really empty and sad after the line went dead. In the minutes she had talked to Luhan, she couldn’t feel anything but happiness, excitement and butterflies fluttering in her stomach, because after all, the sound of his voice was everything that was left after he had departed. His voice still echoed in her ear and her head recalled his sweet words over and over again until she felt asleep.

But this time, it was different, because Soah knew she would see him in a few hours. The lack of sleep was just caused by pure excitement and the butterflies in her stomach didn’t want to stop fluttering either. She even felt a little sick, rolling from one side to another in her bed until she fell asleep around 4 am. Now, four hours later, she opened her eyes, the sun shining brightly in her face when she awoke.

In a second, she realized the situation she was in now: Luhan would come back. After five weeks of separation, he would finally come back to her! With a quick move, she pulled the blanket away and went to her mirror. There were still six hours left until she’d meet the others at Luhan’s house to drive to the airport together.

Soah stood in front of her mirror and examined herself from head to toes. Yes, she still was the same and Luhan would be too. Nothing had changed and she was glad that it was that way. No one could ever be sure of what would happen when two people had to separate. One might fall in love with someone else, the other one might fall out of love or lose  interest in the other one, but that was totally different for Soah and Luhan.

Being apart had just made them realize how much they needed and loved each other, and nothing could change that. Of course it had been hard just keeping in touch through mails, texts and calls, but as long as the other one was dedicated to go through this, it was possible.

But tonight, she would leave something behind. And that something was her old self. To hell with her fears and doubts which were blocking her from the things she could have done with him earlier. To hell with all of this, there was no need to be scared or afraid anymore. If there was one thing she was sure about, then it was her love for Luhan.

Soah pulled her hair up, got closer to the mirror and stared at her face for a minute, turning her head from left to right before she let out a sigh and eyed the underwear which lay on her couch. She had bought that together with Jinhie and Yohee, but she was kind of unsure. There was still a lack in her confidence when it came down to things like these. 

Jinhie had told her that boys liked it when girls dressed up for them, even when it was only underwear. She also found hat garment pretty, but she had never worn something beautiful like this before. It would be removed anyway, right? But if Luhan would like it, she’d be gladly wearing it.

After her shower, Soah decided to wear a new dress bought by her sister again and make her hair and makeup especially pretty. It was like she would go on their first date with him again. Everything was so exciting that she was barely able to sit still. She wanted to be pretty for him, because this day was going to be a special one.

 

***

 

When the plane landed and stood still, Luhan was the first one to unfasten his seatbelt, grabbing his backpack and almost running to the exit door. Luckily, he got a seat next to the small floor, so he didn’t have to wait until his neighbors were done packing. He was long at the door already when the other passengers began to collect their things, taking their time. He could have never done that. He was too nervous, too excited, too much in love to wait longer. How was he supposed to stay in the plane when his girlfriend was waiting on the other side of the airport? His girlfriend he hadn’t seen for five weeks and those had been the most boring weeks in his life although he had kept himself distracted as much as it was possible.

“Can you just open the door?” Luhan almost begged as the stewardess came, but she just shook her head.

“We still have to wait a little," she answered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter