chapter twenty two

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter twenty two;

 

Soah was standing outside of the restaurant. She didn’t know whether to cry or to anticipate the farewell dinner. She was on the verge of crying, because it was the last day with Luhan and at the same time she was anticipating it, because she knew it was going to be all good since all of her friends were there too. She was standing outside, eyeing the cake in her hands she was supposed to bring, the strawberry one from his grandmother’s former bakery, Luhan’s favorite. Sadly, she would eat it alone from tomorrow on. Through the window, Soah could see that all the others were already sitting on the table, talking and laughing with each other. One seat was empty. The one on the right side of Luhan, between him and Yohee. It was hers.

It was not just this farewell dinner she was scared about, also the thing which was about to come after, what she would do with Luhan this night. Truth to be told, she was absolutely prepared. She wore the dress Yeowa had given her, the one she had worn on her first official date with Luhan. Her hair was freshly washed since she had showered before she left the house. Outwardly, she was definitely prepared, but there was strange feeling inside of her stomach, something between fear, excitement and desire. It was weird and Soah wasn’t sure how to cope with it. Was this a good sign now, or would her body block him as soon as he ped her dress? But despite all this, the thought of what would happen later, what she had planned, gave her a happy and pleasant feeling. She couldn’t deny that she was really looking forward to it, because she knew with Luhan, it was going to be alright.

“Soah!”

As soon as she stepped in, her friends called her name and waved. There weren’t any menus ordered yet, because they had wanted to wait, but in the middle, there was a pitch of water and an empty glass which stood at the empty place beside Luhan.

“You look beautiful," he whispered as he pecked her cheek.

“Thank you.” Soah put the bag with her belongings that she would need for the night on the ground and placed the cake on the table, but didn’t open the box yet since it was for dessert.

“It’s so small!” Kris whined as he examined the cake box.

“Sure, because people only eat one slice, so hold yourself back," Luhan laughed. “It’s my favorite.” He glanced at Soah and smiled before he turned around to call the waiter.

Soah knew what he was thinking about and recalling the memories, she also started to smile. When they had kissed for the first time, he tasted like strawberry cake. So sweet, so gentle, so innocent. He always kissed her like she wanted to be kissed, ever since she was old enough to think about those things. His lips, so warm and tender, never rushed at all, always pure and soft.

The dinner felt more like a birthday party since everyone was talking simultaneously, causing the others to talk louder; jokes were made, the laughers that filled the restaurant kept the atmosphere always light-hearted. Although the friends had been a little sad at the beginning since they were always reminded what kind of dinner it was, it steadily got better, and after their menus had arrived, the sad mood was almost completely gone.

Luhan didn’t want to be reminded either and no one could blame him. He was the bright and happy boy like always, even though in his heart, he was crying. Sure, five weeks would pass somehow, but how fast they would past depended on the things you’d do. Studying and spending time with  parents weren’t the best things to do during summer vacation, but since it was their senior year, no one was allowed to go overseas. Summer vacation was there to study for their college entry exams, joining cram school and additional classes while other kids would go the swimming pool.

“The dessert!” Jinhie unpacked the cake box, revealing the perfect shaped cake with the strawberries and vanilla cream on the top. Everyone was eyeing it with pleasure, but still knowing that once the dessert was eaten, they would have to part.

Luhan took Soah’s hand while their friends cut the cake. He was trying to smile, but he failed, so he looked at her with a crooked grin. Soah didn’t even attempt to do fake a smile. She just returned his look with no expression, squeezing his hand as an answer.

 

***

 

Everyone said goodbye to Luhan with a hug. It was like the boys weren’t that sad, which was logical, because they had done this several times before, but for Soah, it was something else. She was still new in his world, it was the first time for her and bidding a farewell had been always hard for her, especially now, because it wasn’t like they had been together for years already. Everything was still so new, so innocent; they were still exploring things, finding out more about each other.

Which led her to her next problem: how was she supposed to start her with plan?

“How was it?” Luhan asked as she was lying between his legs on his bed, her head placed on his chest while his arms were wrapped around her body.

“Nice," she answered quietly. “But sad. I bet the boys already know this procedure, so it wasn’t as hard for them as for me.”

“They really do. We’re stuck together since middle school. And I always came back, so there is nothing to worry about. It’s always more like a little party, but today, I couldn’t think of anything else but you and how I would leave you alone.”

Soah didn’t respond. Wasn’t this too sad to start with ? But if her thoughts were right... sleeping with him would just deepen their bond even more, bringing them closest to how two people could get. It was intimate and so private. She really wanted to reach this aim before he would leave. Now, she was absolutely sure about it. Even if it would hurt, it would be the best thing she could do in that moment, because even if they would be separated somehow in the future, she wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter