chapter forty one

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter forty one;

 

“I’ve never thought that I’d ever like to come here on a Saturday.“

The couple stood in front of the school building which was covered in a white layer, sparkling in the winter sun. It was an odd feeling for Soah to return and find this familiar place in a new environment, especially due to the fact that she hadn’t been here for months. For her, almost everything changed since she had left. It was so strange, so unconversant, but yet, she still had a native feeling inwardly considering that she spent two and a half years of her life in and around this building. It was odd, but it was nostalgic. Somehow.. very good.

Luhan’s fingers were still locked with hers. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

She nodded confidently. “Yes. It’s not like I just made bad memories here. Honestly, the two first years were fun with Jinhie and Yohee. Just us girls. And although the third one started so badly, I couldn’t be more thankful, because otherwise, I wouldn’t have gotten the chance to get to know you and... to fall in love with you.”

He turned his head to examine her profile and lowered his gaze shyly, trying to avoid being caught as he was blushing.

“I just want to recall some memories. Only the good ones.”

Luhan squeezed her hand, tightening his grip to tell her that he was with her and that there was nothing to be worried about. By the way her look wandered around, moving from the right to the left fast, the way she was secretly inspecting everyone who came around the corner and the way she held onto him – the boy could say that it was still quite hard for her to be here. Coming to school every day with such a feeling.. how much did she suffer? He was so sorry that he couldn’t help her sooner, but still relieved that everything was over now.

“What if we bump into him?” She asked as they walked past the classroom doors.

“Then you’ll just straighten your back, keep your head high and just pretend you don’t know him. You don’t owe him anything, Soah. Not an answer, not even a look. He doesn’t deserve anything from you.”

She let out a quiet chuckle and shook her head, suddenly feeling so much stronger and more confident with her boyfriend by her side. “You’re right.” Although it’ll still be hard for her, she would do what Luhan said. She would walk past him like a stranger, not giving him a single glance, showing him how much more strength she gained. She wasn’t the naïve and gullible girl from months ago anymore – that girl was long gone.

Today, she would only recall the good memories she’s made here.

For Luhan.. he wasn’t done with him yet. The fact that he humiliated Soah in front of him still haunted him at night, making his fantasies to torture his teacher even worse. He knew that the same things counted for him: Forgetting him, forgetting everything he said, not letting himself be bothered and irked by his low level – but he couldn’t. Luhan swore he’d get his revenge, even if it was just a little taste of the pain, Taehyun would taste it. Someday. Now, his hands were locked until he graduated.

“This used to be my place,” Soah stated as they reached their classroom, which was fortunately empty. She ran her hand over the wooden table, feeling the familiar scratches under her skin as she moved on. “I loved this place, because I could always look outside, watch the birds, the trees and the blossoms. I loved the view. It calmed me in the middle of class.” She hesitated for a moment, not quite sure if she really wanted to continue. “And because I could watch you, Luhan.”

She looked up to meet his perplexed face. “You did?” He asked with wide eyes.

“Since you began to talk to me, yes.” Soah smiled cheekily. “Before, you were just a derp with ultra blonde hair.”

“Hey!”

“Joke.” She cupped his face, tiptoed and pressed a kiss on his cheek. “I always thought you were attractive.” She laughed at his smug face.

In the hallways, Soah met some of her older classmates who were taking some lessons in school over the weekend to increase their marks. They were quite happy to see her again, since she left without even saying goodbye to her friends. The girl bowed many times, apologizing for how sorry she was and how she felt so guilty in not telling them before. But what was she supposed to say? Her reasons which led her to this decision? And again, she apologized, because she couldn’t tell them the truth.

But against her expectations, her classmates were more relieved to see that she was fine than wanting to hear her excuses and reasons. She was surprised, but more thankful for this reaction. Nevertheless, Soah was also touched, because all this time, they were worried about her and despite the fact that she hadn’t been honest the whole time, she felt how much the students actually cared.

They would ask: “How are you?”

And she’d answer: “I’m fine, thanks.”

It was well-known that, when people ask this question, they didn’t mean it. When they asked “How are you?” they didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter