chapter twenty

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter twenty;

 

When they returned from Jeju Island, things had changed. The days they had spent there were a times of revealing, but the good thing was that they were totally sure and convinced of their feelings for each other now.

Luhan didn’t get back to being clingy and neither did Soah, but having his departure in their minds, there were no words needed to be spoken out.  Both spent as much time as possible with each other and although they were happy, there was this sadness lingering in the air, reminding them that they would be apart for over a month soon. Five weeks were a lot considering that there was no school which could distract her. From the morning till night she would think about Luhan, that was for sure. Cram school was just 3 times a week for 5 hours and piano lessons 2 times a week for one hour. That made enough time for him being in her mind.

“Soah, how was I?”

“You were awesome, team captain!”

It was one of Luhan’s soccer games against another school after the last class and their team had won with 3:1. Two goals were from Luhan and his teammates celebrated him like a god which made Soah laugh. Taehyun had a meeting with others for the upcoming exams so there was no way he could disturb them or take her away again. It was the first serious game for Luhan as the captain and there was no way she would have missed it.

“I’m glad!” He pressed a kiss on her lips and took a few steps backwards. “I’m going to shower and then we can go, okay?”

She nodded in response and he turned around, following the others to the men’s dressing room while they sang some chants for their win.

“Isn’t it hard for you?” Jinhie asked. “Knowing that he would depart soon and that you won’t be able to see each other for 5 weeks?”

“We’ll be fine. I’m sure. There are phone calls and emails.”

“But it’s something else not being able to see each other. A lot of couples break up during summer vacation, because they get to know someone else.”

“Jinhie!” Yohee looked at her friend, obviously shocked. “Don’t make her sad!”

“What? I just stated a fact. I would be worried by myself if I were Soah, honestly.”

“It’s alright," Soah sighed. “I thought about that too. He convinced me that it wasn’t possible. He's been loving me for five years and he has been to Beijing five times already. Nothing has ever changed.” She looked at the ground. “But still... you can’t be one hundred percent sure, because no one can know what’s going to happen in the future. There are a lot of girls out there who are smarter, prettier and a thousand times better for him than me. I’ve always asked myself why he accepts being tied down to someone like me. We needed months for our first kiss, I mean... this isn’t normal, right?”

“Because he loves you.”

Soah looked up to Yohee who was smiling gently at her. That was exactly what Luhan’s grandmother had also confirmed. So... were Luhan’s feelings for her not only based on affection and just being in love with her? He might truly love her too? She always made a difference between being in love and loving someone. Love was... so much more deeper, more of a heart-thing, something which could last for a lifetime, like the love between her mother and father who were together since high school.

“Don’t tell me you just realized it now? It’s so obvious, Soah. You are not just a crush for him and he isn’t for you either.”

“How am I supposed to know that he loves me when he’s never told me?”

“Did you tell him that you love him?”

“No...”

“See.” Yohee grabbed her backpack from the ground. “It’s so difficult for people to say it for the first time, but I promise, once it’s done, it feels so, so good to know the other one feels the same way.”

“Maybe...”

“I need to go to cram school now. See you tomorrow at the café for a girl’s evening?”

Soah and Jinhie nodded simultaneously in agreement as Yohee parted.

“And I need to go back to the classroom, I left something there.” Jinhie waved and went away.

Not much later, Luhan already came out of the dressing room, wet hair and casual clothes since the school was already over. When he hugged her, she smelled the familiar scent of lavender and shower gel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter