The Whos

What Are The Chances...?

On a part of Seoul, Chanyeol hops on one foot. It's early Monday morning as her looks for his missing sock among the mess on the floor. He's due for work at 9 am and on his first day of work, yet the clock is disbelievingly alarming because it's apparently 8:45 on the dot.

 

He'll be starting his work as an executive assistant in an international business company that his father helped him to get, thanks to connections. It would've been really hard to get in without 5 years of working experience on the same position and he could have been in a lower position to start, so it's really such a relief!

 

It would be entirely a lot easier, however, if he doesn't need to drop Jungsoo off the daycare. But he does and he's mentally ripping his hair off in frustration that he doesn't even notice a stray toy of Jungsoo's lying on the ground that he unfortunately trips over that results to a loud crash of bones hitting ground. Chanyeol’s half-content that at least most of his bottom cushioned the fall, but it still hurts so he rubs at it until at least most of the soreness is gone.

 

The fall proved to make much noise to wake up the little angel that was once asleep in bed. But maybe having fallen turned quite okay, because it seems as though Chanyeol's found his missing sock lying under the bed.

 

It's amazing, really, how the ringing of the clock wouldn't wake Jungsoo up but the sound of Chanyeol falling on the floor.

 

"Appa?" Jungsoo rubs his eyes awake, leaning on his shoulders for better angle to watch Chanyeol on the floor in pain, arms outstretched to fish his socks out from deep under the treasures under the bed.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t respond for a while, but when he does he’s looking up and it’s not a happy expression he wears. If anything, it’s glum and his mouth is turning into a frown, which could only mean a scolding in Jungsoo’s perspective of things.

 

"How many times have I told you to clean up your mess when you're done with them?" Chanyeol expectedly bites angrily, hissing at the pain on his foot, whilst putting the sock he just found onto his foot.

 

So much for good morning, that he just scared Jungsoo awake.

 

Jungsoo looks alarmed for a moment and seemingly about to cry, but he couldn’t now. Not when it’s 8:50 and time’s running so much faster than the last Chanyeol looked at the clock.

 

Chanyeol seems to have noticed because he gets up to his feet in haste (ignoring the now numbness of his feet) and says not so sincerely of an apology, "Never mind.  I'm sorry. Dress up now. I need to drop you off at the daycare."

 

And just like that, Jungsoo jumps in glee off the bed and lands flat on his little angel .

 

This time, Chanyeol looks in horror because maybe... just maybe... Jungsoo injured a hip or maybe twisted something as he remains unmoving just as he’s fallen. But he watches as Jungsoo closes his eyes and brings his head down in a bow, sighing, "I'm still sleepy, appa."

 

Chanyeol looks at Jungsoo with uninterested narrowed eyes at the remark. It’s 8:53 and there’s really not much time left to waste. So he helps the situation by bringing Jungsoo up to his feet only to gently pat his little angel three times just to really wake him up. Chanyeol hastily moves to where Jungsoo is and sits beside him only to open the bedside drawer and pull out wet wipes to clean Jungsoo's face of all evidence of sleep (e.g. dried drool and morning glory).

 

"Come on, buddy."

 

And even if Jungsoo’s still half-whining and huffing and puffing hair in contempt, Chanyeol brings Jungsoo up over his shoulders, gathers his daycare bag in hand resting on a chair, and stalks out the house to the car for a drive to the daycare.

 

Screw changing Jungsoo to his casual wear, because maybe the daycare could take care of that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a university in Seoul,

 

Baekhyun's arms nestles his head in such a position slanted over his desk, bored and uninterested at whatever the professor's discussing. It's his last year of college, his last class of today, yet his first time actually of putting off all interest. No one would actually blame him, it's the time wherein the sun and the heat of it is at its peak. He's graduating in just a few months, but there are a lot of things going on in his mind completely unrelated to anything academic: one, the Funshine daycare Kyungsoo and he recently got into volunteering; two, the kids; three, well, he just feels the need to get out already from the class and speed over to the daycare.

 

"Ya Kyung," he pokes fun at Kyungsoo’s elbow repetitively, unfortunately sitting beside him and a viable target for all of his ministrations. "I can't wait to see Soojung, Minkee, Bommie, and Joonie..."

 

To be quite honest, Kyungsoo can't stand it, yet he doesn't have much of a choice either. He's trying so hard to focus on the lesson to work on trying to save his best friend's sorry recently ever since they got into volunteering at a daycare. If he knew things were going to resort to this: his best friend's lack of interest in their course, he's never-ending nagging, and inactivity in almost all of their classes, he shouldn't have told him all possible opportunities of a daycare in which Baekhyun claims he'll be testing his patience and capabilities as preparation for their upcoming work after they graduate. Kyungsoo is gritting his teeth in irritation, clutching a pencil in hand to keep him from doing anything unnecessary to do.


"...Hana, Jimin, Jaejin..."


"Look," he whispers, sighing as he looks Baekhyun over, "If you shut up, this class will all be over soon and I'd tell you of the latest scoop at the daycare I received via Joonmyun hyung." 


"Myungsoo?" Baekhyun says this in half question, thinking momentarily that one of the kids at the daycare is named close to Kyungsoo's. He finally stops the name calling with Myungsoo, looking at none other than Kyungsoo right now because he just said the best thing today in the history of ever! 


Kyungsoo waits for a few minutes, notices Baekhyun shutting up and the look on his face screaming that he's waiting for the scoop from Kyungsoo.


"Joonmyun hyung told me there's a new kid today," Kyungsoo says. "He seemed a little too quiet and refuses to talk to the other kids, so hyung needs our help and fast."


"So why don't we go now?!" Baekhyun almost screams, if not for Kyungsoo's hands flying over his mouth to muffle at least half of the noise he would've made. 


But then the bell rings and Kyungsoo watches Baekhyun act like he's a lion who's just gotten out from its cage after a gazillion years trapped in it.


Kyungsoo inhales deeply as Baekhyun grips on his wrist and they run for their lives out of the university and over Funshine.

 

But that’s sort of a joke, because they take the bus.

 

 

 

 

 

"He's there," Joonmyun points to a kid approximately three-foot seven in height and rounding a slide in silence.


It's easy to spot him, because he's the only one out of a bunch not playing with all the other kids. He's wearing a white shirt and colored blue at the edge, paired with camouflage shorts and blue Crocs. Yes, Crocs.


"He doesn't talk much," Joonmyun informs, half frowning of his incapability to be able to tame the child he talks of. "He just keeps repeating his name whatever question I ask."


"Don't worry, I got it," Baekhyun says simply. "What's his name?"


"Jungsoo. Park Jungsoo."


And Baekhyun thinks he's already his favorite.


Kyungsoo could only face palm at the side, wondering when Baekhyun would ever stop obsessing over kids and playing favorites.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So what are the chances Park Jungsoo leads Park Chanyeol to Byun Baekhyun?


 

Right now?


 

Approximately zero.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


A/N:
 
Came out earlier than expected. :O
 
I just can't get my hands off the keyboard.