Just Dating

What Are The Chances...?

Chanyeol tells Kris about Baekhyun when they're in the quiet of the cafe they frequent.

"Hyung, I've made my move." Chanyeol smiles sheepishly. 


Kris momentarily chuckles at that. "You were going to have to do it sooner or later." 

 

Chanyeol just remains quiet, still in his seat and doing this particular expression in which Kris finds disgusting. He means well, okay... Chanyeol's his friend, but hahahahahahahah he can only take so much and the lovesick expression Chanyeol's currently wearing makes the latter look stupid as if he isn't already. But anyway, he ignores it for the first few seconds and diverts all attention to a new question regarding Chanyeol's love interest.

 

"So what'd he say?"

 

"It's a little disappointing, actually," Chanyeol says, "because he hasn't answered back yet, but at least he said he likes me back."

 

Kris nods in approval. 

 

"The same way you do though, right?"

 

"The same way I what?" Chanyeol seems to have not caught the question.

 

"I mean, he likes you the same way you do?" Kris asks.

 

"I think we're on the same page." Chanyeol looks contemplating before he nods as well because yes, he does think he's thinking of the right thing and that he's in mutual terms with Baekhyun.

 

Their conversation discusses so little that Kris yet again watches Chanyeol donning this particular expression he thinks he just wants to throw his fork 'by accident' near Chanyeol's head and miss by an inch. But he doesn't, because the idea is absurd and the younger is in love. Yes, yes, he should learn to be more considerate of people who are  in love.

 

"Okay, Chanyeol, stop doing it."

 

But Kris has had enough.

 

"Stop doing what?"

 

"I don't know." Kris shakes his head. "That thing you do with your lips when you can't let out that feeling you're feeling. I don't know if you're blushing or if you want to go the bathroom to maybe take a dump, but it's really creepy."

 

"Sorry."

 

"You're still doing it."

 

"Seriously, sorry." But Chanyeol seriously doesn't mean it.

 

"Do that in front of Baekhyun, not me!" Kris rubs his forehead. "For Pete's sake, Chanyeol." He follows through that with a laugh.

 

Then they just laugh together, but Chanyeol's laugh is a little off key and not the usual he makes because this time it comes with a snortle and Chanyeol looks like he's about to cry or throw a fit or something in between all of those, because he thinks he looks weird as well but he doesn't mind because it's just Kris. It irritates Kris to an extent, but okay okay fine, he'll let this pass because Chanyeol is seriously in love. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the daycare, everything's in pretty good shape. 

 

There were just things that happened for the past few days that spurred interest.

 

Say, like Soojung being suspiciously sticky with Jungsoo. Sure, Jungsoo likes the attention, but sometimes he prefers to keep to himself and save at least his personal space. But recently Soojung's been really weird around him. 

 

She's offering him her lunch boxes of rows of kimbap and tteokbokki that she said her mom makes. Of course Jungsoo doesn't pass up on the tteokbokki at least, because it's his favorite, but when they finish it together he just doesn't know what to talk about with Soojung anymore and she's looking at him with those ooey gooey eyes and sometimes blinking in attempt of imitating beautiful eyes? 

 

Jungsoo's half thinking if it was better before when no one liked him and Soojung kept to Josephine and Jinri. If it was better when everyone disliked him and paid him little to no attention, but he's not too sure. Again, Jungsoo likes the attention, but he just thinks it's weird because being around Soojung is actually sort of... awkward and he doesn't know why. Soojung is actually really adorable with her straight black hair and well-defined cheekbones at a young age when she's not all bossy around Jungsoo and Jungsoo thinks he just wants to shrink like a little ball of fur because what is he even thinking about. Soojung is actually shy is what he notes or maybe it's just because she's only acting like that because Baekhyun's around. But then again, Soojung's been so good to him the past few days even if Baekhyun, Luhan, and Kyungsoo aren't around like in the mornings. He thinks she may have ingested something too sweet, too sour, or maybe too bitter to trigger the way she is now around him.

 

It must be that, hm.

 

"Jungsoo-ya,"

 

"Puppy hyung."

 

"I've been calling your attention for the past few minutes and you wouldn't even spare me a glance."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Jungsoo-ya, why do you seem flustered?" Baekhyun asks out of pure curiosity.

 

"I'm not!" Jungsoo says in defense, hands cupping his cheeks in attempt to wipe the redness of his cheeks away if what Baekhyun's talking about is really true. 

 

"Oooh, seems like someone's got a crush," Luhan side comments. He apparently just passed by as he swings Myungsoo up and away over to the potty training room.

 

The remark was enough to make Jungsoo stomp his way over to a corner in the room to sulk, puffing his cheeks to try and calm himself down because Luhan hyung is really suddenly so annoying. Now he gets why his appa gives him the twitch. He thinks that maybe his Luhan hyung just really gives off this particular vibe. And anyway, what made him conclude so fast that he has a crush on someone anyway? He wasn't even looking at Soo—oops—jung. 

 

"Jungsoo-ya." Jungsoo hears Baekhyun calling behind him again. "Luhan hyung doesn't mean that. But really, is anything wrong? Are you feeling fine? You feel cold?"

 

Jungsoo makes a pout as the sound comes, "No." before he's looking everywhere but Baekhyun that Baekhyun knows something must really be going on in the smaller's head. 

 

"Really?"

 

"Really," Jungsoo says it so weak, his conviction diminishing. He fights with his inner conscience of whether or not to tell his Baekhyun hyung the truth or not. But then again, his appa taught him to tell the truth at all costs. 

 

"Oh-kay, I’ll leave it to you then." 

 

Baekhyun really has this talent of making someone guilty if he's not telling the truth. At least, it works on Jungsoo and Kyungsoo sometimes that now Jungsoo holds onto his wrist. He hopes he could do it as well on Chanyeol and affect him the same, but maybe he'll leave that for another time. But anyway, before he completely walks away, he feels a tug more on his leg and he's turning around and back down at Jungsoo to ask what's wrong with the raise of his eyebrows.

 

"Hyung, I've decided that I'll tell you," Jungsoo says, "but you must promise to keep it a secret and I'm only telling you because this is what my appa teaches me to do. To tell the truth."

 

Baekhyun beams at that and sits on the soft alphabet puzzle floor mats and Jungsoo does the same in front of him.

 

He just looks at Jungsoo in inquiry as he waits.

 

It's apparent Jungsoo gets what he means by this as the smaller is now leaning over to his ear, whispering, "It's about Soojung."

 

 

 

 

 

It's nearing Funshine's closing time when Baekhyun thinks of texting Chanyeol.


 

To: Yeol

Little Chanyeol has a crush... 

 

In which he receives an, "...on you." as a reply. Baekhyun chuckles at that because Chanyeol's doing the thing called flirting. He shrugs, though, ignores the older's remark as he replies:

 

To: Yeol

No, I wasn't talking abt u. It's Jungsoo.

 

And it's cute the next time Baekhyun's phone beeps and he reads, "On who? :O" It's weird too, because he could kind of imagine Chanyeol with his mouth wide open in shock.

 

To: Yeol

Wer r u? R u on ur way home?

 

"Yeah. U? Traffic's heavy, but I can c the daycare."

 

To: Yeol

OK. Cool. I'm a block away. Near the convenience store. 

Accompany me to the library? I promised Kyung I'd get

our last reference for our thesis. TT

 

"Ok. Sure. Be there in two."

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was just about to turn around to catch Baekhyun and go with him, if not for Jongin catching his attention from the side. Said tan male was having a banter with Jungsoo and some more that it was getting irritating and Kyungsoo thought that the two were starting to get along like Jungsoo told him a few days back. 

 

And the next thing he knows is that they're outside the Park residence. Kyungsoo doesn't know why he is, but maybe it's along the lines of Luhan not being around. Or maybe it's because Baekhyun left him and went his own way and texted him a little lately that he'll drop by in an hour—(they were supposed to grab their last reference from the library nearby together for their thesis, by the way, but instead he had received Baekhyun's text as clear as day that read: 'See you in an hour. I'm going to the library to fetch the reference. I'm going alone.' It sounded suspicious, though.)—when he was walking Jungsoo home with Jongin. Kyungsoo doesn't like waiting too, so maybe that's why he complies and because Chanyeol's home is not far off from his anyway. He really has nothing better to do at home than stare at the ceiling when Baekhyun's not around.

 

So now Kyungsoo sits with Jungsoo on a bench outside as Jongin fishes out his pocket for the keys. 

 

"I thought you were starting to get along," Kyungsoo whispers to Jungsoo.

 

"I don't know," Jungsoo pouts. "Jongin hyung could be annoying sometimes. He won't stop teasing."

 

"What would he even tease you about?" Kyungsoo tries to sound interested. He's secretly not really good at this, unlike Baekhyun is. 

 

Kyungsoo hasn't even received a reply when Jungsoo starts getting all flustered and jittery on his seat. To him, it looks like Jungsoo actually wants to panic, only that he's momentarily saved by Jongin who Kyungsoo notices stops fishing out his pockets for keys and starts to himself in all angles. Kyungsoo doesn't know what he's doing, so he starts laughing because what the actual is the idiot doing

 

And well... 

 

"I think I lost the keys," 

 

With that, Kyungsoo stops laughing. "You're kidding," he says. "You didn't tell me that apart from being a scarer, you're actually a good joker!" he points out.

 

"Stop." Jongin raises a hand. "I'm thinking where I put it and we've reconciled our differences, remember? Convenience store thing? Ring a bell?" Jongin looks at Kyungsoo with an unreadable expression. He looks like somewhere along the lines of thinking and contemplating about things but somewhat annoyed.

 

"No, we didn't."


"I think I really lost it." Suddenly Jongin pales, staring wide-eyed off into space. 

 

Kyungsoo takes notice and says, "Okay, you're not kidding." Still, he couldn't quite put a finger as to why Jongin looks disturbed about that so much.


"I spent 1000 won for that."


"Maybe you just misplaced it."


"No. I remember putting it in my pocket early this morning, I swear."


"Why do you look so upset over a key?"


"Because I spent 1000 won for it. ing duplicate."


"Watch your language," Kyungsoo singsongs, hinting that Jungsoo is just sitting beside him, which appears to not be of Jongin's understanding because then he curses.

 

". All my allowance for my junk... all... gone." It's because Jongin really really really loves his junk food and he's not kidding if he says he really did spend a lot for the duplicate that Chanyeol refused to give him a copy of. "Ah, ." Jongin musses his hair up, uncontrollably sighing in irritation.

 

While Kyungsoo's there, seated, and has had enough as he covers Jungsoo's ears and picks the kid of the seat out on the street. 


"I don't know why you keep swearing and I still don't really like your attitude, but we're going. Up to you if you'd like to come with."


"Where to?"


"My house."


"Why?"


"Well, because you don't have a key and Jungsoo's freezing?" Kyungsoo snaps like it's common sense.

 

"Right," Jongin picks up. "Where do you live, anyway?"


"Near here."


"We'll just wait here."


"Well, do you know where Chanyeol hyung is? If he's anywhere near?"


"Wait." Jongin fishes his cellphone out and well... it's written all over his face that it's bad news just as well. "I ing have no battery, too!!"


"What is your problem with the word," Kyungsoo half-asks, but more like he's stating a phrase.


"It's a term of endearment," Jongin quips.


"For a mobile phone, right," Kyungsoo sarcastically says. "I've had enough of your whining and blah blah. Charge your mobile phone at my place and text Chanyeol or something my address when we arrive."


"Yeah, okay. That could work." Jongin finally agrees in defeat.


"If he refuses to come, tell him Baekhyun will be there too in an hour. I bet he won't take that long to arrive."


 


 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are in the library when Baekhyun finally tells who it is Jungsoo apparently has a crush on.

 

"It's Soojung," Baekhyun says. "He didn’t want to tell me at first, but told me his father told him not to tell lies."

 

And somehow that remark hits home somewhere inside of Chanyeol.

 

"So he told the truth," Baekhyun continued. "Don't you think it's cute?"

 

...the truth

 

Baekhyun runs his hands through book binds seated beside each other when Chanyeol blurts out words he least expects to come out from his mouth all too soon.

 

"It's weird, because I remember my sister gushing at me about her crushes."

 

"What was your sister like, anyway?" Baekhyun asks. "You rarely talk about her.

 

Funny how a single memory could change the topic.

 

Chanyeol pauses in his spot, eyebrows scrunching in confusion thinking why Baekhyun had the sudden urge to ask, but he responds because he brought it upon himself for having even mentioned her. 

 

"Well, she's... a younger female version of me."

 

"And?"

 

"I haven't seen her for 4 years and counting."

 

"Why?"

 

"Something happened back at home. It relates to me moving out with Jungsoo," Chanyeol's voice is quiet, sound fading out with every word he says. Chanyeol hopes that it's enough to indirectly confess like that, wishful thinking that Baekhyun may get the hidden implication of Yerin's involvement with Jungsoo.

 

But Baekhyun appears not to relate the two things together and Chanyeol figures that it's not a scenario in which implications could make the younger understand, either. Until, well... until he tells the truth himself, but he doesn't know when that will be. Maybe some when Baekhyun's on the same page as him with regards to being in a relationship together? 

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun thinks it's a touchy topic and chooses not to emphasize on that too much, because they're just dating and Chanyeol isn't his boyfriend yet, so he asks, "Are you two close?"

 

"Were." 

 

"Well, are you keeping contact?"

 

"There was this one time."

 

"I see."

 

Baekhyun ends it at that, hand fishing out a book from high up the book shelf. He's on his tiptoes, struggling, and Chanyeol takes a few seconds to snicker at this and get the book Baekhyun's not capable of reaching on his own.

 

"Thanks."

 

And it's like déjà vu for Chanyeol when Baekhyun finally comes back down from tiptoeing, because then Chanyeol spots Yerin in a crowd so close yet so far. He thinks he's dreaming, seeing things, but that doesn't seem to be the case because he could see her clearly. His eyes dilate and narrow in panic and he looks at her for a few seconds before he realizes that he's already staring and that he might be caught in the act, so he turns away back at Baekhyun's direction.

 

"Have you found that book you're looking for yet?" Chanyeol asks then, voice an octave higher and looking down at the floor. 

 

"Yeah." Baekhyun looks up at the change of tone and figures something's weirdly up.

 

"Chanyeol, are you okay?"

 

"Nothing," Chanyeol whispers and blindly grabs for Baekhyun's hand. "Let's go." 

 

The gesture makes Baekhyun experience a tingling feeling in his chest, so he ignores the oddity Chanyeol had just shown because he feels warmth seeping through his fingers and right through his palms as well. He looks down to see Chanyeol and his hands entwined and how the loose spaces are perfectly filled with hands that aren’t just his own. It's the first time Chanyeol's got a hold of him this way and he thinks he doesn't want to let go as he grips the latter's hand tighter, even as they log the book out and exit the library. 

 

But really, Chanyeol did that because he was nervous. It's only an added bonus that Baekhyun's beside him, because he actually keeps him grounded and calm to fight off the jitters as he sees Yerin going out of the library as they've settled in the car. 

 

He breathes a sigh of relief when she fades in his sight, he even checks the rear view mirror for added caution. He turns to Baekhyun shortly after, asking "Where to now?"

 

"Can you drop me off at Kyungsoo's?" 

 

"Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

When Chanyeol stops to park in front of Kyungsoo's house, they sit still in silence until Baekhyun unbuckles his seatbelt and does the next best thing Chanyeol least expected to happen today. 

 

It happened so fast. Baekhyun's soft lips on his cheek, he means. 

 

But when he's finally come to terms that Baekhyun just kissed him on the cheek, he turns over to the passenger seat to find Baekhyun gone and waiting right at Kyungsoo's doorstep already. Chanyeol quickly rolls a window down after and screams, "Baek, wait!" as he scrambles to get his seatbelt off him and trudge to where Baekhyun is.

 

Baekhyun luckily identifies that spark in Chanyeol's eyes as he looks down at him and watches the taller's eyes dangerously fixated on his lips.

 

"Chanyeol, this isn't my house," Baekhyun warns.

 

"Fine by me," Chanyeol sounds playful.

 

"Chanyeol... I really don't think...before Kyungsoo sees..." and Chanyeol's lips are ghosting extremely close to his already, it would take Baekhyun only a small amount of movement before their lips meet and his hold on the book in his hand tightens as he thinks about it and for once doing something out of the ordinary.

 

But a door creaks to their side and Chanyeol momentarily nears his mouth to Baekhyun's cheek calmly and whispers, "Just kidding."

 

That doesn't appear to be the case to Kyungsoo, though, because he's stomping up at them with wide eyes as though saying 'Not again!?'

 

Chanyeol steps away from Baekhyun in a hurry and Kyungsoo immediately pulls Baekhyun to his side. 

 

Jongin, however, pops his head out from the door.

 

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asks in shocks.

 

"What are you doing here?" Jongin asks back. "I should be asking you that! Apparently, I lost the key and I don't have a spare one. My phone was dead as well, so Kyungsoo offered his pad and I texted you, I swear."

 

"You didn't." 

 

"But maybe it's because you were too busy with Baekhyun to read your messages."

 

Chanyeol doesn't know what to say in his defense, but recovers and says, "There's a spare key under one of the flower pots out the house! I told you that already. And if it makes it any easier for you, the one with it is also upside down. It’s basic spot the difference."

 

"No, you didn't and it isn’t."

 

"Yes, I did."

 

"No, because I couldn’t just take it as a hint that an upside down flower pot hides a key underneath."

 

"Yes."

 

"No."

 

"Seriously, guys?" Kyungsoo interrupts in irritation. "Outside my house? Can you go now?" he rudely offers, receiving a shove on his shoulder, courtesy of Baekhyun. 

 

Jongin and Chanyeol thankfully shut up.

 

"Appa, can we go home now?" Jungsoo finally appears, small hands rubbing on his eyes in sleepiness. 

 

"Yeah, spare the kid," Kyungsoo says and waves. "Bye now."

 

And it alerts Chanyeol, but it's weird because he doesn't feel like carrying Jungsoo like he does normally to the car and Jungsoo's left with Jongin to put him on the backseat as they exchange their goodbyes with the two lads on the doorstep and they're gone.

 

 


 

 

"Now what was that just now, Byun?" Kyungsoo asks as they enter his house. "Again!?"

 

"He didn't do anything, I swear!" Baekhyun says in defense, hands high up in the air. 

 

"Just be sure."

 

Instead, the last thought that runs through Baekhyun's mind as he smiles is how much of a tease the older is.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 


 


 


 

 

So what are the chances that Baekhyun and Chanyeol kiss?


 

But really, Baekhyun's really thinking about when it'll happen and simultaneously telling himself that it'll only happen when he says yes and the type that implies being boyfriends.

 

 

And well, how about the truth that Chanyeol couldn't seem to tell?

 

How do you differentiate dating and being in a relationship, anyway?

 
 
 
 
 

A/N:

FINALLY A DECENT UPDATE!! That's 3.4k for all of you, hihi. Sorry it took a long time. -_-

Comments, upvotes, maybe subscribe? :D

By the way, Baekhyun has 49 days left til Busan, if you mind. There are still so many things that could happen in 49 days that I think I am lengthening the story even more. Plus, sometimes a chapter equates to a day now.


Edited for Kaisoo follow-up, hee.

 

This is one of many dates of Chanbaek. ❤ I hope you love it. T_T This is actually sort of my sorry for my lack of updates and that I'm working on the next chapter, just thought you should know I'm not planning and have no intentions to abandon this y'know. I intended for this not to be part of the fic itself (although, it indirectly is), because I don't know where I should insert and I'm needing a reason to talk about what's going on with my absence. Belated happy holidays! ☆ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

INTERLUDE: Stars

 

Chanyeol's really sappy when he comes up with an idea of a date. It's almost like an everyday task now, when he'd drop by Baekhyun's pad the minute he gets off work and usher the younger to his car without talk.

 

"I want to take you somewhere," Chanyeol says, buckling his seat belt and gesturing for Baekhyun to do the same.

 

He'd skip immediate rest time for Baekhyun, he'd skip seeing Jungsoo for love—but of course he pacifies the situation by convincing himself that Jongin's home and that he's taking care of the kid very well.

 

Now Chanyeol's got this really mischievous grin plastered on his face that Baekhyun thinks the older's up to no good.

 

Skeptical and refusing to do any movement yet, Baekhyun asks, "Where?"

 

"Just go with me."

 

"No, why Chanyeol...hyung?"

 

"Hey, I've already told you!" Chanyeol almost laughs, except his mock anger's surfacing. They've been through this and Baekhyun should've gotten it through his head by now is what he's trying to portray, but then he's laughing uncontrollably that Baekhyun's looking at him weird. "It's Chanyeol for you. Without the hyung. Just... drop it."

 

"But why are you laughing?" Baekhyun slaps at Chanyeol's knee, actually pissed off that he's being made fun of.

 

"Look, just go with me," Chanyeol says, assurance in his voice this time, "you'll love it."

 

"I swear if this turns out bad..." Baekhyun tries to find something to say.

 

"I'll kiss you." Chanyeol beats him to it.

 

"You'll what?"

 

"I'll kiss you to make you feel better." Chanyeol raises a suggestive brow, before receiving a rather painful pressure on his arms. "Ow—"

 

"You were asking for it."

 

It takes a while; the comfortable silence, with only the radio playing in the background and the rev of the engine, before they're actually coming out of the car.

 

Baekhyun looks everywhere he could, left and right of lights of all the buildings in Seoul standing far away before them, before it strikes him that they're on top of a hill—that Chanyeol took him on a hill. To do what, though?

 

"Look up, Baekhyun."

 

And the younger does what he's told.

 

Baekhyun sees them then.

 

Stars

 

lots and lots of them shining down on him. He blinks a few times before registering that this is reality and that Chanyeol took him here and the older doesn't even know his love of stars. He sees constellation Cassiopeia (it's relatively easy to spot with its 'W' form and five distinct stars) on his right and somewhere on the opposite side his star sign, Taurus. He knows it's there and it's that visible and twinkling brightly, because it's coming winter and it's the best time of the year to see.

 

"I don't know if stars are to your fancy, but someone told me this is the best view for stargazing."

 

"I love it, Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol does his best not to stare, but he is. Right at Baekhyun and his very figure looking up at the sky with a seemingly permanent smile plastered on his face. He doesn't know if it's just him, but he swears Baekhyun's eyes are shining brighter than the thousands of stars shining upon them. He's really willing himself to look away and enjoy the view of the stars for himself, until he notices something eerily close to Baekhyun's lips with the help of the glow of the lamppost situated behind them. It's relatively small and couldn't be seen unless you're staring at it, but he's sure it's a little mole on the upper right corner of Baekhyun's lips.

 

Chanyeol really wants to kiss it—or better yet kiss Baekhyun's soft pink pair called lips.

So he starts thinking—really thinking of ways how he could.

 

Maybe he could say that he tripped and it just so happened that his own lips attached to the other's. Maybe he could say sorry after having done it, but what's to say sorry for something he wants to do? Maybe he could just ask for permission then, but that may pressure Baekhyun, and it may end up with him feeling unwanted. Chanyeol knows the least he would like is to be rejected even before he's accepted.

 

Only that...

 

"Sit with me, Chanyeol."

 

Yes, right, Baekhyun outsmarted him again without effort.

 

Chanyeol's almost disappointed to find nothing next to him, but a hand tapping at his leg, begging for him to sit down.

 

Under the stars they lay beside each other.

 

Now Baekhyun’s thanking Chanyeol every chance he could. Chanyeol finds out Baekhyun's love of stars if it’s not obvious enough with how well he knows of constellations and zodiac signs. They’re now talking about zodiac signs. Baekhyun talks about his star sign and asks what Chanyeol's is. The younger briefly pouts and lets out the information that their signs aren't really compatible according to the stars and the older disagrees and laughs it off briefly. Maybe there's some truth to it, but astrology’s ultimately just astrology and couldn’t tell you what to feel in a certain time of day.

 

It wasn’t astrology’s doing either when Chanyeol told Baekhyun he likes him.

 

It was his feelings.

 

It was Chanyeol and under no influence of alcohol (or anything, for that matter). 

 

And anyway, sometimes things bend the way we least expect for it to, to make way for something grand.

 

Maybe Chanyeol and Baekhyun are grand.

 

And Chanyeol thinks just so when he feels Baekhyun's hand intertwining with his.

 

Suddenly things are looking so much better, even if he didn't think they would soon.

 

Though he still really wants to kiss Baekhyun, he'll leave that for another better day. 



 

 

 

 

 

And for some reason, Baekhyun and Chanyeol being together actually equates to Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Jungsoo together.

 

It started with the mention of cookies.

 

It doesn't happen at Kyungsoo's place, either, because now Jongin knows the upside down flower pot outside the Park's residence hides a spare key! Amazing...not.

 

So earlier in the day, Jungsoo couldn't stop whining for cookies. Jongin says they could go buy at the supermarket before going home, but Jungsoo says he doesn't want processed ones. Jongin says they taste all the same, Jungsoo says 'No, they don't' with a cross of his arms over his chest. Jongin asked what made Jungsoo think cookies don't all taste the same and Jungsoo concedes his point as true, because Soojung gave him homemade cookies and they don't taste just like some random Chips Ahoy or Mrs. Fields. Jongin really begs to differ that Mrs. Fields are the best cookies (but just because he has no ing clue how to bake), but Jungsoo insists and almost throws a tantrum because he wants homemade cookies.

 

Cutting straight to the point, Kyungsoo happened to have heard and offered his help granted that he won't spend a penny.

 

Jongin only ever agrees to spend, on the other hand, because he really just wants peace and quiet. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, may or may not have a hidden initiative to borrow that Shingeki No Kyojin volume he doesn't that Jongin has after intentionally stealing from his sight. Yes, Kyungsoo still couldn't get that first meeting out of his mind even after the 'make peace, not war advocacy' episode between Jongin and him.

 

"Stars or boring circles?" Jongin asks Kyungsoo as they're placing the dough in layers on a tray.

 

"Is Park Chanyeol really harmless?" Kyungsoo, however, drives the conversation into a whole different one.

 

"He couldn't even harm a fly," Jongin says, so much emotion spilling from his lips as he's letting all of his best friend's cowardly ways surface.

 

"Really?"

 

"Really."

 

"I think he's with Baekhyun right now. Baekhyun's not replying," Kyungsoo says, checking once out of a hundred he's done for the past few hours glancing at his phone.

 

"I think you need to stop thinking about whether they're with each other anymore, because they always are."

 

Jongin's not making the situation any positive for Kyungsoo...

 

"I'm still complacent about that hyung," Kyungsoo worries.

 

"He really likes Baekhyun."

 

"Yeah, well, I'm really worried about that too. I've caught them twice in an almost-kiss."

 

"They probably have then."

 

Jongin's really not making it better...

 

Bad, then.

 

"You think so?" Kyungsoo pouts.

 

"I'm starting to think that you have a best friend complex."

 

Worse...

 

"What does that mean?"

 

"That you're in love with your best friend."

 

Worst.

 

"That's not what a best friend complex is about!" Kyungsoo angrily counters.

 

"Then why did you have to ask?"

 

"Although there was really this one time I thought I liked Baekhyun....more than a...best friend." There’s lapses between his phrases, but he finishes the thought anyway.

 

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo with funny wide eyes mocking shock, except he's toying with him. Isn't what Kyungsoo said an interesting intro for a story, though?

 

"Then maybe you do have—"

 

"No. I've made it clear that the thought of kissing my best friend is disgusting and eugh, don't make me think about it anymore. And all I really just want is for Baekhyun to be happy."

 

So he likes guys.

 

"Chanyeol and I did. Once."

 

"That's..." Now Kyungsoo's looking at Jongin as though he's telling the most believable lie ever. He doesn't even have to think if Jongin's talking about the whole making best friends happy thing or the kissing. Of course it has to be the kissing. "You're kidding.”

 

"Of course I am."

 

"You prick." Kyungsoo glares at Jongin.

 

Stars, then.

 

"I'm choosing stars if you're not answering."

 

Jongin refuses to look over his shoulder where Kyungsoo is at, pretending that the latter's not glaring at him as he stamps out stars squarely on each cookie dough on the tray.

 

When he looks at Kyungsoo, however, Jongin doesn't know if he's out of his mind or if his heart skipped a beat because of the smoldering look Kyungsoo's giving him, but he thinks the latter is now a possible prospect.

 

For what?

 

He's not answering.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

So that's it! And if you may, please do check out this one-shot I'm currently working on but have put up the Forewords for here: Let Me Fall

Please don't think it's angst all the way. T_T It sort of is, but the genre's more of sarcasm if there's a genre such as that. LOL.

And hey, throw bricks at me or anything through comments or something because I really need to know if all you lovely readers are still there. Or not. :( Kidding, you're all still lovely even if you don't. :)