Starting Anew

What Are The Chances...?

Baekhyun and Chanyeol go on their next date on a weekend.

 

At the cafe 'round the corner nearest the daycare when Baekhyun got off school on a Saturday and decided to procrastinate his volunteering job. Kyungsoo particularly had his eyes on Chanyeol and affixed, but left with Luhan shortly anyway when they've dropped Baekhyun off.

 

At the park, they talk about childhood over cones of ice cream. But not after arguing on which flavors to pick, but ended with Baekhyun having strawberry and Chanyeol with pistachio. But again, right after Baekhyun had particularly stated his distaste of the flavor Chanyeol got.

 

Chanyeol merely mentions his sister Yerin and talks about his situation with his parents now, but fails to mention her relation to Jungsoo. He mentions, however, how his parents were the ones who suggested for him to take his leave with Jungsoo and make loans possible for a few years before they retired. Baekhyun feels sad hearing that, frowning in mind if not physically, because he couldn't imagine how he would be without seeing his parents for years or only on holidays. Well, he sort of is, but it’s still an entirely different case. They let Chanyeol go like that with a kid and just because he's doing a favor for a friend (at least, Baekhyun assumes Jungsoo is a son of a friend and apparently...a girl)? 

 

But Baekhyun is half distracted with the way Chanyeol is his own ice cream cone. It looks really wrong for Baekhyun to be thinking of thoughts like this. In fact, too soon

 

Chanyeol laughs because he sees Baekhyun looking at him with his mouth slightly parted, so he offers his ice cream cone over and shakes it in front of Baekhyun's face, gesturing if he wants to have a taste. 

 

Baekhyun is too dumbfounded to think about why he has an ice cream cone right in front of his face, but when he processes said situation, he's looking up at Chanyeol and asking, "I can?"

 

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"  

 

At the prospect, Baekhyun thinks of an indirect kiss and it repeats over and over again in his mind that he's unconscious he's almost blushing all over. It's really secretly y when you think about it thoroughly enough, actually. Sharing of ice cream, he means. So he at Chanyeol's cone just as he's gotten it from the taller's grasp and he thinks as though it's the best flavor out there already. 

 

Chanyeol just looks at him in merriment, because Baekhyun just said he doesn't like pistachio, but now it looks like he wants to devour it all. 

 

Truthfully, Baekhyun really doesn't want to return it. He's not kidding if ever he says pistachio really sounded nasty and tasted outright ew when he had his first try as a kid. He doesn't know if Chanyeol particularly put Chanyeol Magic in this one for him to even like it. But anyway, he returns it to Chanyeol when it's half done even before the latter may think he's a creep.

 

"You can have it." Chanyeol playfully smirks at him.

 

"But I don't like it," Baekhyun denies.

 

"Well, you look like you want it," Chanyeol teases, glancing at the cone from Baekhyun and back again. "You did express you're distaste for pistachio."

 

"Yeah, it does taste good," Baekhyun mumbles over the cold treat still melting away in his mouth. "I swear pistachio hasn't tasted this good since I last tried it!"

 

"You're funny."

 

"I'm not," Baekhyun blushes, but takes tentative at both the strawberry and pistachio-flavored cones in his hands anyway.

 

Until...

 

"Appa!!" 

 

Did I forget to mention they brought Jungsoo along? Because they did. 

 

Jungsoo shouts from the sandbox he's in and he appears to have scraped his knee carelessly swathing in it. 

 

Baekhyun frowns because he really can't do anything about it and he's not really particular in wasting food and his hands are full, so he watches Chanyeol do the job of walking over to his son and carrying him over to a smoother surface while he finishes the two cones of ice cream in his hands. 

 

Baekhyun watches the scene of the father and son unfold right in front of him, with Chanyeol tending carefully to Jungsoo's wounds as the former fishes out what looks like a Band-Aid from his back pocket, unpacking and sticking on Jungsoo's wounds tenderly. Baekhyun then just thinks of warm and fuzzy thoughts that justifies Chanyeol as someone who he really wants to be with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And well... where is Jongin then?

 

He's at a convenience store nearby after being kicked out by Chanyeol on the curb to have exclusive time with Baekhyun and Jungsoo. Or, well... it isn't really like that as Jongin chose to go by himself and replenish on his gum-to-chew supplies and maybe a couple chips-to-munch on and feed himself when he refuses to eat Chanyeol's cooking. 

 

It's when he's looking at a selection of chips when he hears someone familiar from behind, cursing and seemingly irritated in tone. So when he turns around, he's met by a familiar back of a person he argued with not too long ago. He pushes the back of his palm onto his mouth, resisting all want to laugh because Kyungsoo's... (Kyungsoo, right?) on his tiptoes and apparently couldn't reach a certain diapers package. Jongin assumes it's an errand from the daycare and so it makes perfect sense. 

 

Jongin would be lying if he wouldn't admit it's an adorable sight to see. It's not really far off to that stubborn Kyungsoo he witnesses every now and then at the daycare and back at the store where they argued, but it's a fresh scenario watching the latter try reaching for something he couldn't reach. 

 

Jongin doesn't know what's possessing him to do what he's about to do, but he reaches for the package Kyungsoo's reaching for with ease and hands it to the smaller. 

 

It takes a few seconds for Kyungsoo to settle down flat on his feet as he shifts over to Jongin's direction and mutters a, "Thank—You!" This time, it takes a millisecond for Kyungsoo to shift from a smile to a glare and a creased forehead because, "Are you underestimating me? You could've just—"

 

But Jongin's ing a hand out to him and Kyungsoo's half confused what to do with it. He thinks about grasping the hand he's offered and wrestling the tanned male to the ground when—

 

"Hi, I'm Jongin. And you're?" 

 

"Is this some kind of a joke?" Kyungsoo whispers under his breath, to which Jongin doesn't say anything but continues to act as aloof and calm (actually, chill is more like it) as he could with his hand still outstretched and seemingly waiting for a handshake and maybe a response. 

 

But after a minute of standstill and no one bothering to move a millimeter and probably breathing as well, Jongin shifts on the ball of his feet wanting to turn around and forget the whole thing, when—

 

"Kyungsoo."

 

—a hand firmly grasps his.

 

"Nice to meet you."

 

"You too, I guess." There's still somewhat a hesitance in Kyungsoo's voice. 

 

Maybe he's thinking of the whole situation weird is what Jongin thinks as he nods at Kyungsoo's direction and finally shifts on the ball of his feet to pay for his pack of gum.

 

Kyungsoo's still staring at the floor when Jongin leaves, more mind-boggled why he'd done what he did and half-thinking whether or not there's another creature inside of him as he balances the diaper packages in his arms.

 

Is this what they call starting over?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So what are the chances that Byun Baekhyun says yes to Park Chanyeol soon?

 

More like what are the chances that Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongin are possessed? 

 

Hehehe.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A/N:

Hi readers, I am soooo back. I'm sorry it took a really loooooooong time.

photo iMABvoGvQOGP1.png
Chapter's relatively short and only an estimate of 1.3k. It's just to tell you all I'm still alive and breathing and did my writing die again or change? :(
 
I tried.
 
I really did.