Rose Bracelet

Fated to Meet You

The next morning, Youngsaeng arrived at school early in the morning with a bunch of extra ingredients. "Let's see..." he murmured to himself. "I'll making creampuffs today."

Entering the room, he took off his jacket and put his bag down before putting on apron and beginning to cook.

He looked at the clock. I have 2 hours left before school starts. Let's get started.

He took out all the ingredients and tools he needed, preheating the oven and beginning to mix the dough. An hour later, he heard the door of the room open again and in came Youngmin.

"Oh! Youngsaeng! You're already here?" Youngmin exclaimed in surprise. "I thought I came early."

"I was here an hour ago," Youngsaeng told him.

"How do you get up so early?" Youngmin muttered and went over to the otter. "So what are you making?"

"Creampuffs," he answered. "I'm almost done."

"... Already...? I didn't even help..."

"This is the easy way to make it," the prince told him. "I don't have enough time to use the professional way."

"Oh... I see... What are you cooking tomorrow?" Youngmin asked curiously.

"Probably fruit tarts," Youngsaeng replied.

"How long will it take?"

"About two hours."

"Wow, really? That's a pretty long time..." Youngmin said, clapping his hands together. "I'll come tomorrow two hours early then?"

"Fine with me."

Youngmin skipped out of the kitchen with a wide grin. Youngsaeng continued to finish baking the creampuffs and then left on the rack to cool.

Hyunjoong entered the school grounds 15 minutes before school started. I wonder if Youngsaeng got the bracelet... Will he come today? I hope he does. I think it's time I apologized. It's all because of Jungmin and the others. Sheesh... What nice friends they are.

As school was about to start, the otter went out of his room and walked down the hallway aimlessly. Being cooped up in that room really bored him out.

"It's Youngsaeng oppa!!!" a few girls screamed again.

Oh boy... Here it goes again... I regret coming out now. I'm going back in.

He turned back and froze when he suddenly saw a girl walking down the hall with a bracelet on. Is... Isn't that the bracelet Hyunjoong gave me...? It looks exactly the same. Why does she have it? He quickly tapped the girl on the shoulder. "Excuse me, may I ask where you got the bracelet?"

"Oh, this?" the girl asked, looking at it and quickly hiding it with a smile.

Yep, that's definitely mine. Where did she get it from? From Hyunjoong hyung?

"Hyunjoong oppa gave it to me."

His eyes widened and felt his breath being caught in his windpipe. "Oh, okay. Thanks..." he managed and hurried back to his room, slamming the door behind him. His breath came back. He gave it to her... If he gave that bracelet away, then that means we're permanently over, right? How... How did it become like this....? It's my fault, isn't it? I'm so stupid... It's definitely my fault...

"Youngsaeng?" a voice came from near him. "What are you doing?"

He looked up to see Minwoo gazing upon him curiously. He smiled awkwardly. "Nothing, nothing at all. Don't worry."

The boy pouted with disappointment but then turned and left, skipping away to the others. Youngsaeng exhaled.

But for the rest of the day, he was distracted and kept on thinking about that girl with the bracelet.

-----------------------------------

At home, late at night, Youngsaeng picked up his phone and stared at it. Should I call? I want to ask him. I want to make sure and confirm. Are we... really over? He dialed Hyunjoong's number and waited, hugging his knees tightly on the bed with one arm.

Hyunjoong, who was sitting at his desk, felt his phone vibrate. It was Youngsaeng. Should I pick up? He didn't go to the roof today... What does he want to tell me...? Does he want to say directly to me that we're permanently broken up? I don't want to pick up...

The otter jolted when he heard the connection cut off, his tears welled up. I guess we're really over... He shut the phone off and closed it. If only I hadn't forced myself to say yes, it only I had just said what I wanted to say, if I had not given back the bracelet, then this wouldn't have happened.

The latter stared at his phone, suddenly regretting what he had just done. Perhaps the boy would call again but the call never came. He bit his bottom lip and began to dial the otter's number. Youngsaeng didn't pick up.  He kept on calling but it never connected. Gritting his teeth, he slammed the phone on his desk in fury. Damn it! Damn it all!