Meet a Different Self

Fated to Meet You

Finally, Dr. Jung said that Youngsaeng's leg had healed enough and he took the cast off. Youngsaeng was able to walk normally by the beginning of December. When he went to school, Hyungjun suddenly ran up to him. "Hyung! I saw you at the subway station today! What were you doing there?"

Youngsaeng stared at him in confusion. "What... are you talking about? I was got here from home."

"But, I saw you at the subway station!" Hyungjun insisted. "Did my eyes see wrong?"

"I think so," Youngsaeng said, sticking his tongue out. "Perhaps you need glasses."

At lunch, Hyunjoong pulled Youngsaeng up to the roof to eat their meal. The two had grown pretty close and always hung out together. Hyunjoong wouldn't let any of his friends go near Youngsaeng but Youngsaeng objected when he was dragged away from Hyungjun, too.

"Why can't Hyungjun hang out with us?" Youngsaeng whined with a cute pout. "And Jungmin and Kyujong."

"Do you really want them to?"

"Well, why not?"

Hyunjoong sighed. "Fine..."

For that lunch, the five at together again, smiling and laughing but Hyunjoong's heart felt a bit insecure. Even though they had been dating for a few months already, they still hadn't kissed once or even held hands. He was barely satisfied but his heart still beat fast and felt warm when Youngsaeng walked home with him. It was comforting to have the young boy beside him.

That day after school, Youngsaeng went to Hyunjoong. "Hyung, I can't walk home with you today, sorry. I have to go to the book store first and buy a few textbooks."

"Oh, okay," Hyunjoong said in disappointment.

With a light smile, Youngsaeng left the school. He headed to the bookstore and began looking for science textbooks and advanced grade math workbooks.

"Hmmm... This one seems pretty good," he murmured and picked it off the shelf. "Oh, and that one. This one's... okay... I'll get it anyway."

In the midst of choosing books, someone suddenly tapped his shoulder from behind him. He turned to see a mirror image of himself. Same hairstyle, same eyes, same face, same height, just different expressions. Youngsaeng's eyes were huge and round in surprise as the other one was smiling.

"Annyeong, do you remember me?" the man asked with a grin.

"You are...?"

"Remember? In June? I'm YS from SS501," he introduced. "Ring a bell?"

Youngsaeng thought for a bit and then nodded. "Yeah, you're part of that group that went to my school to perform."

YS nodded. "Hey, can I go over to your house? I kind of escaped from my manager and the group so I need a place to stay for the night."

"But you're an idol, how can you just run away from your job?" Youngsaeng questioned curiously.

"Come on, just for a few nights, let me stay at your house," YS begged with two large watery eyes.

Sighing, Youngsaeng nodded. "Alright then. I need to pay for these books first."

YS nodded eagerly and the younger boy headed to the counter and paid the books. The cashier seemed to look at the two with confused expressions. "Are you two twins? You really looks like YS from SS501."

Youngsaeng nodded. "Yeah, many people say that."

"How big's your home?" YS asked with a large smile as the two stepped out of the bookstore.

"It's a house with two floors," Youngsaeng spoke. "Not much to look at but it'll be big enough for the two of us. I also have a dog named Hachi."

"Really? I love dogs!"

When they got to the house, they could already hear barking from inside. Youngsaeng unlocked the door and out pounced Hachi.

"Hachi!" he exclaimed in laughter as he carried the puppy back into the house with YS following.

"Whoa, so this is your house?" YS looked around in awe. "Cool~"

"How big's your place?" Youngsaeng asked.

"Not that big compared to your place," YS replied. "It's pretty big for an apartment though."

"It's kind of strange having a look-a-like living in the same place as you," Youngsaeng remarked as he set down Hachi and his backpack. "So are you hungry?"

YS shook his head. "I ate before escaping. Oh! A DVD player!"

From his bag, YS took out a CD and put it into the DVD player and the TV. Youngsaeng looked to see what he was doing.

"What is that?" Youngsaeng asked curiously.

"It's a performance from a few years ago," YS said enthusiastically. "It's been so long..."

"What's the song?"

"Deja vu."

As the music started, YS stood up and started dancing along. "Copy me."

Youngsaeng watched for a while but then stood up and started to dance and sing along with YS, copying his moves as if it were already his. After the song finished, YS sat back down. "Wow, you're pretty good."

Youngsaeng shrugged. "I'm okay, I guess. So what did you escape for?"

YS smirked mischievously at Youngsaeng. "Do you remember that time when I asked for your name on the stage in the stadium of your school?"

Youngsaeng nodded awkwardly. "Y-Yeah, what about it?"

"Well... I have a proposal for you."