The Concert: One and Only

Fated to Meet You

"Ya! YS!" began Youngsaeng from the other end of the line. "Why are there so many costume changes?"

"Hey, that's what being an idol is all about," YS smirked. "It's fun to be wearing different clothes every few songs, isn't it?"

"Well, no. It's bothersome. I have 5 different outfits! What the heck!"

"Just make sure to not rip any of them or else we'll have to pay."

"Aish~ Whatever, bye."

"Arasseo. Annyeong~"

Youngsaeng closed his phone and sighed, absolutely irritated. He was in the dressing room, getting his make up done in getting prepared for the performance. The rehearsal was already complete a few hours earlier and now, they had to rest in order to give a full performance at the real concert. He looked at his knee and massaged it. You'd better not fail me. Not now. Not ever.

"Youngsaeng, you ready?" HJL asked in excitement.

"Somewhat," was his curt reply.

"So you're singing that song solo right?" KJ asked, just to make sure one last time.

The otter got up from his seat as they were finished with his make up and nodded. "Yeah. That's going to a surprise Valentine's Day gift for Hyunjoong hyung."

"Did you prepare chocolates for him?"

"Oh! That reminds me!" Youngsaeng suddenly exclaimed and went to his bag, pulling out six other mini bags. "These are chocolates I made the other day. These are for the SS501's members and these other two are for the managers."

"Wow! Thanks!" HJ responded and took his good bag, looking into it to see a nicely wrapped box of truffles.

"Whoa... These looks so professional..." JM praised with a nod when he saw the chocolates.

"Amazing," KJ gushed as he popped one into his mouth. "Wow! These are really good! It's so creamy and it melts in your mouth."

Youngsaeng handed the other two bags to the managers standing at the side. "Happy Valentine's Day. Thank you for coping with all of my requests."

"It's no problem," one of the manager replied.

"Thank you for agreeing to replace YS," the other manager said back with a smile.

"May we see the one you made for your boyfriend?" HJL requested.

The younger boy nodded and pulled out a small heart-shaped box carefully and neatly tied up with a long ribbon.

"How much time did you spend on all these?" HJ questioned in shock. "And when did you make them?"

Youngsaeng smiled awkardly. "Well... The chocolate making took about 3 hours and the decorations took almost 2 hours. I made it at night when you guys were all asleep."

"That's so cool," HJL murmured. "You have to teach me how to make these sometime."

"I'll teach you when I met you again."

"Oh! Me too!" JM exclaimed, his hand shooting up.

"And me!" KJ shouted.

"Don't you dare forget me!" HJ said with a pout.

Youngsaeng laughed. "Okay, I'll teach all of you together when we meet again."

"Did you make one for YS?" one of the managers asked.

The young boy nodded. "Yes, of course. How could I not?"

"When will you give it to him?"

"At the end of the concert when he comes to switch places with me."

-----------------------------------

Hyunjoong, who was with YS, stood outside the doors looking at his ticket. I'm surprised Youngsaeng invited me to this concert. I thought he didn't like YS and SS501...

An hour later, the doors to the stadium opened and the fans began to rush in. Within half an hour, the stadium was full, all the seats taken and the mosh pit totally filled up.

Youngsaeng, HJ, KJ, JM and HJL all went backstage. Youngsaeng peeks out of the curtains and suddenly saw the thousands of fans in the stadium. His eyes widened and he suddenly collapsed. "I can't perform in front of all of these! I just can't!"

The manager came over and covered his eyes, making him face out towards the audience. "When YS first debuted, he was also nervous, like you. KJ told him that his future lover would be somewhere in the crowd and that he was singing to his future lover. But to you, it's easier because you already have a partner and he is going to be in the audience. So sing for him. Sing and dance just for him, just like you always do in the practice room."

Youngsaeng seemed to calm down a bit and when the manager took his hands off of Youngsaeng's face, he immediately spotted Hyunjoong and YS in the crowd, sitting there, watching. YS was wearing a hat and sunglasses so that the fans wouldn't recognize him. The lights dimmed and everything turned dark. The members of SS501 rushed onto the stage for their first song: Warning. It was their debut song. The song they debuted with in on June 8th in 2005.

The next song was Snow Prince but Youngsaeng was reluctant to smile. Remember. I'm YS right now. I'm not Heo Youngsaeng. I'm an idol and that means, I can open up my heart more than I usually would.

In the audience, Hyunjoong saw the boy smile brightly. It was dazzling and he could feel his heart thumping faster and faster. Youngsaeng never smiles like that... I reallly feel like he's the one smiling though. I kind of feel bad since Youngsaeng is right beside me and I'm staring at YS...

After the 3rd song: 4Chance, the five ran offstage to change their outfit. A few minutes later, the five were standing under the stage on the square springs, about to be boosted up onto their stage for their next song, Fighter. By this time, Youngsaeng was already sweating because of the hot lights constantly sining down upon them. He could feel a faint and dull pain in his knee. It wasn't much but he knew that it would grow if he moved too much.

Youngsaeng heard the song start and almost immediately, he and the others were shot up onto the stage. They jumped and made a powerful landing, gathering together to dance in the middle of the stage, right in front of the stairs that connected the stage that stretched outwards into the crowd and stretched out two ways. His heart thumped in excitement the longer he stayed on stage. It was fun. He was dancing and singing for Hyunjoong whom he could see. YS was grinning. Soon, after Unlock, it was Deja Vu. He did his best not to move his legs as much but enough to get to his spot in time.

He hit all the notes perfectly and the fans began to cheer even louder when all five walked down the steps one by one or two by two and walked across the stage, spreading out across the two way stage. There, Deja Vu ended and a ballad song, Wings of the World, began. After this song, the stadium went dark and Youngsaeng felt himself plunging downwards and soon, he landed on the ground. It was another costume change.

After this costume change, they sang Coward, A Song Calling For You, and Love Like This, the song they were most known for. It was also one of Youngsaeng's most loved songs. He easily reached the high notes. Every time they had a costume change, the coordinators and the managers would have to help them wipe their sweat. This was their last costume change before the 2nd half of the concert. Youngsaeng took a huge gulp of water and walked onto the stage along with the others to sing another ballad song: Find. This song's chorus was Youngsaeng's.

"Eongiseo isseoneoui useum chaja ulkkeoya
nimam apeugugehan nunmureun yeongi naega da jaba dultenikka
tumyeonghan ni sarangeul jeoldae ijji mothal gireum mandeuro
bandeushi uri sarangeul dashi chajeultenikka," he sang and managed to finish it cleanly. The fans cheered and screamed in delight when they heard him sing.

The next song made the fans shout and yell their loudest for it was one of the most famous OSTs from Boys Over Flowers: Because I'm Stupid. As they sang, the walked down the isle again and bent down, singing down towards the fans, and then singing for everyone.

For UR Man, HJL and JM left the stage, leaving Youngsaeng, KJ and HJ on stage. All three of them ed two buttons on their shirts, Youngsaeng ing three because his necklace was longer than the others.

Hyunjoong suddenly felt a sting of jealousy when the lights turned back on, revealing the three boys in open suits and their shirts half open. Youngsaeng flinched when he could feel a sudden arrow of pain shooting up his leg but still hid it, smirking and making it as y as he could when taking his coat off and putting it back on.

The older boy sitting in the audience took a deep breath to calm himself. After that, chairs were put in the intersection of the main isle and the two arms of the stage and the five sat on the chairs, being slowly spun around as they sang Green Peas. All the lights turned green and their clothes also turned a little bit green due to the light. Youngsaeng immediately began buttoning up his shirt when the song started as he feel a bit uncomfortable even though it was incredibly warm with the shirt buttoned up. 

Thank goodness... At least this is a rest for my leg...

Crazy 4 U and Love Ya came next.

Finally, it was time for the 2nd half and there was a 15 minute break for SS501. As they sat in the waiting room, Hyunjoong, YS and the others fans looked up at the screen and saw that there was hidden camera in the waiting room, showing the behind the scenes of the members.

"KJ!" HJL exclaimed. "Do you want some more water?"

"Yeah. And give some to Y--"

"Hey!" Youngsaeng suddenly yelled, not giving KJ enough time to say his name. He pointed at a box in the corner that had a little hole in them. "There's a camera in here!"

The fans screamed when all the other members approached the camera and looked into it.

"Wow! You're right," HJL praised.

"Annyeong!" HJ playfully greeted. "Do you want to watch us take a break?"

"Ya! HJ!" JM exclaimed in annoyance. "It's a break! Not filming time!"

"HJL, can I have some water?" Youngsaeng requested.

"Sure!"

"It's almost time for the performance," the manager said from the door and walked towards the camera. "You noticed the camera?"

"YS noticed it right when we came in," HJ informed proudly.

"Pretty good, YS," the other manager praised from the door again. "Anyways, we'll turn the camera off while you guys change."

"Annyeong!" HJ waved, only to be smacked on the head by JM.

It was time for their solo songs and HJL was up on stage first. Youngsaeng had to go with him because he was right after. He grit his teeth and held his knee.

"Youngsaeng, is there something wrong with your leg?" one of the managers asked with concern when he noticed the the boy was massaging his knee.

The otter quickly shook his head. "No! Nothing at all. This is just a habit when I'm kind of nervous."

The manager raised his eyebrow but didn't ask anymore. Youngsaeng breathed a sigh of relief and turned back to the stage. He watched as the leader of SS501 performed on stage with his backup dancers. It was Breakdown and since the rapper wasn't there, only the voice was there. No one was actually rapping but the singing was real. After Breakdown was a song with no dance to it, Kiss Kiss.

For Youngsaeng, he was performing Let It Go first and they only played the instrumental so he had to wait extra long until he could start since there was no rap in the beginning anymore. Still, after Kiss Kiss finished, the stage turned dark and Youngsaeng ran up onto the stage as the stage managers moved chairs and tables onto the stage. Sitting on one of the chairs with his sunglasses on, he wasn't supposed to smile... so he didn't.

Right before he began to sing, he got up and went up to the microphone, his backup dancers coming from the side of the stage to dance with him.

"I just let it go, let it go, let it go," he sang, taking off his sunglasses and throwing them to the side of the stage, letting the stage coordinators catch them, as planned.

Next was, he felt, the hardest song he had to sing in the whole concert. Maria. The beginning was fine to him but it was high notes when he sang "maria" that he was a bit afraid of.

"Geudae saranghae~~~" he sang, reaching the note and holding it for a little while before beginning to sing again.

It's a good thing I don't have to move around for this song... I'll walk around a bit for the fans but don't move too much...

From below, Hyunjoong listened to his voice. He felt as if the songs was being sung to him. No, of course not Hyunjoong. How's that possible? This guy's an idol. He's singing to all of his fans. But he could feel his heart beat faster and his ears become hot.

Youngsaeng had to clench his fists and close his eyes tightly, bending down in order to reach the notes while singing "maria". It was hard but he managed to do it. Three times.

Soon, the song came to an end. "Maria... dasi dorawol... Maria... geudaeraneun geol..."

The fans cheered and screamed as the light dimmed and his shadow faded away. YS was amazed that Youngsaeng could also sing as well as he could. It was like the two had the same talents, not only the same looks. Hyunjoong was also smitten. The way Youngsaeng had sang touched his heart. It was... enchanting.

Next came KJ singing Precious Person and Yesterday. JM sang Not Alone and Like Tears Are Falling. HJ sang oH! ah! and No Other Woman But You. This one also had a rap but all the same, it was only the voice, no rapper.

Finally, Youngsaeng changed his clothes and was shot up onto the stage as the music started. It was the song he had prepared for Hyunjoong and all the other members had allowed him to sing it solo. The fans squealed when they heard him begin to sing.

"Yell to the world 'I Love You', that I love you," he sang, the lights flashing as he walked on the stage, jumping around and smiling at the fans, holding the searing agony in as he grinned.

"That hope that you will be my girl." It was kind of awkward for him to be singing 'girl' when it was supposed to be a boy but that was the lyrics.

Shining always, you're my star. I will protect you.

I can always be waiting for you.

At the end of a stressful day, the only person that can make me smile.

At the end of my tiring life, the one person that will be delighted to see me.

When the day starts again, I think of your beautiful smile.

I'm happier than anyone else if you are by my side.

To the skies, I promise you, I will give everything to you.

Yell to the world 'I love you', that I love you, that hope that you will be my girl.

Shining always, you're my star. I will protect you.

I can always be waiting for you.

Why have you come just now? I feel like I own the entire world.

Thank you, my angel. I'll love you always like the beginning.

To the skies, I promise you, I want all of you.

Yell to the world 'I love you'," as he sang that part, he began walking down the isle and closer towards the middle of the stadium. Hyunjoong furrowed his eyebrows. Is it just me or is he limping a bit?

"That I love you, that hope that you will be my girl.

Shining always, you're my star. I will protect you.

I can always be waiting for you.

Let's promise one thing," he sang as he faced in Hyunjoong's direction, as if singing directly to him.

"Let's swear on the sky

"That we will love," his arm shot up and his index finger pointed upwards. Something on his wrist glittered and Hyunjoong squinted to look more closely. He saw the bracelet that he had given Youngsaeng for his Christmas present. His eyes widened in surprise and he quickly turned to YS. The latter watched as Hyunjoong grabbed his wrists and rolled his sleeves up. The bracelet wasn't there but it was with the boy on the stage. Why?

Until the sun burns out.

Oh my love.

I pray that you will allow me, that you will accept me as your man.

I promise that till the day I die, that my heart will never change.

I can always be waiting for you.

Baby, I will be forever with you.

Forever only you.

Saranghae."

(BTW: Just in case you don't know, this song is called 'Making a Lover' by SS501 and these lyrics are the english translation)

Hyunjoong felt his heart skip a beat as he suddenly made contact with the boy on the stage, whom was smiling warmly at him, his eyes twinkling under the lights when he said "I love you".

Without warning, he felt YS tap him on the shoulder. "I have to go use the washroom. Wait for me here."

Hyunjoong nodded and watched as the boy got up. He saw him turn around and smiled. "By the way, I'm really jealous of you two."

Stunned and confused, the cow didn't say anything as YS ran off towards backstage. When he arrived, he saw Youngsaeng arriving at the wait room, panting and sweating, his jaw clenched in pain as he held his knee. YS entered the room as he took off his wig and was immediately surrounded by shouts.

"Ya! YS!!!" HJL exclaimed. "Where the heck were you????"

"YS!!!!!!!" they all shouted.

"Mian, mian," YS chuckled and then turned to Youngsaeng. "Hyunjoong's sitting at row 18, seat 52."

Youngsaeng nodded and quickly traded clothes with YS, washing all his make up off and hurried off but then stopped at the door. "I almost forgot! YS hyung!" he exclaimed and pulled out a small giftbag from his bag. "Here."

"Oh? Is this chocolate?" YS asked.

Youngsaeng nodded and turned around to go out but then stopped and turned around again.

"Ya! What are you waiting for? Don't you want to go to your boyfriend?" HJL urged him.

"Yeah! Quickly go and don't keep him waiting," JM insisted.

The otter felt like crying. He spend two months with these people that it felt hard to leave them. He smiled, holding back his tears. "I... I had fun. I had a lot of fun and I hope that I can see you guys again soon."

KJ grinned widely. "Of course you will. You can visit us backstage, okay? Now, go! Don't keep your boyfriend waiting!"

"Thank you!" Youngsaeng shouted before turning and beginning to run towards the audience. But he only ran for a few seconds when he could barely feel his leg anymore and collapsed.

Shoot... the performance was too much...

He got up again and held onto the wall as he tried to hurry to the audience. It was hard and agonizing but he evenutually made it. He got out from backstage just in time to see all of SS501 filing back on the stage for a talkshow. He saw Hyunjoong sitting there with an empty seat beside him. Hyunjoong looked and saw him, smiling. "Youngsaeng!"

The otter's eyes softened and he sat beside Hyunjoong, watching as YS sat happily beside the other members, talking to the other members and to the fans.

"It's strange..." he murmured to himself a little bit too loudly. Hyunjoong heard and listened carefully to what Youngsaeng was saying. "Even though YS said that he wanted to try out a normal life, he seems to be happiest when he's on stage."

The older boy was a bit confused by his words but didn't say anything, allowing Youngsaeng to think a while. After the concert had ended, they exited the stadium along with the other fans and held hands to keep from getting separated. Hyunjoong saw the boy limping.

"Otter? Why are you limping? Were you running again?" Hyunjoong asked worriedly.

Youngsaeng nodded slightly. "Yeah... I ran quite a bit and so my knee hurts now... I can barely feel it..."

"Aish! The doctor told you not to run so much already. Don't run, okay?"

"Neh..."

Because of the hat, the older boy didn't notice that Youngsaeng had his hair dyed brown. Hyunjoong felt something cold touching his wrist and he looked down to see the metal chain of the bracelet rubbing against his skin.

"When did you put on that bracelet?" Hyunjoong asked the younger boy in puzzlement. He was sure that Youngsaeng wasn't wearing it during when YS was singing the last song solo.

"What do you mean? I had it on all along," Youngsaeng remarked. "Oh, I'm going to get a drink so go wait at the bench over there. I'll be back soon."

The older boy nodded and went over to the bench, standing near the lamp post. When Youngsaeng was back with the drink, he suddenly saw YS on his toes, about to kiss Hyunjoong. He suddenly felt his eyebrow twitch in fury and he threw his waterbottle all the way but YS dodged just in time and it hit Hyunjoong instead, knocking him out.

"What the hell are you doing?" Youngsaeng screamed at him.

"I was his boyfriend for two months. Why can't I kiss him once?" YS argued and then suddenly quiet down. "Don't tell me... You two have never kissed!"

The otter looked away, blushing. "W-We've never kissed..."

YS smirked and patted the younger boy on the head. "Well, you'd better go do it soon. He's waiting and holding back, y'know?"

"Wait? He's holding back? What do you--"

"Oh, I better go now," YS said, checking his watch. "The manager only allowed me to come out for a few minutes. See ya!"

"Hey! Wait!"

"I'm going to get myself a precious lover someday, too! Just wait!!!"

The, he disappeared into the building. Youngsaeng huffed. He was always here and then gone in a flash. He heard a groan and he looked down to see Hyunjoong getting up. "What happened... I thought I saw two Youngsaeng's..."

"Your eyes must be bad," Youngsaeng remarked and helped his boyfriend up.

"No! I'm sure of it! There was another boy here that looked just like you!" he exclaimed, his face flushed.

"Someone who looks like me? Who could that be?"

"It could be... YS from SS501. Youngsaeng! Are you hiding something from me? Was the other Youngsaeng YS?"

Youngsaeng covered his ears, his mouth shut from telling him the truth directly. "But hyung, I'm your lover right? So all you have to do is just keep your eyes on the real me that is standing here before you."

"W--"

"Because for a boyfriend, his lover," Youngsaeng looked up at his hyung and smiled a warm smile, "Is his one and only idol," as he said that, Hyunjoong recognized the smile from when YS had said 'saranghae' as the last line of the song.

Hyunjoong's eyes widened. "Th-that smile! I knew it! You were standing on that stage, weren't you? You were definitely standing there and singing at the concert!"

"No comment," the otter remarked and then turned, beginning to force himself run away.

Hyunjoong chased after him. "Youngsaeng! Stop running! And if this concert's CD comes out, I'm buying it for sure!"

"Don't you dare!"

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeonghaseyo! It's the author smokyjasmine here! I guess it's the first time I've actually said something during the chapters of the story. Anyways, after this chapter, there's going to be surprise. It's not that amazing though. It took me a while to make but it definitely was worth it :D

Look forward to it!